Babbage

The trophy numbers.. lie?

I'm not sure if this is an issue for all of the trophies, but it appears to be an issue with the Platinum Trophy. On the page that describes how many dragons you need to get a trophy, it lists Platinum needing 1000 dragons.

I just reached 1000 dragons recently and I'm still on Gold. Is this intentional? I would assume this needs to be corrected from dragons_owned > trophy_level to dragons_owned >= trophy_level.

It was mentioned in a Discord chat elsewhere that undeads might not count toward trophy limits but still be displayed as grown in the number. I only have one, so I'm not sure if the above or this is the problem. If the undeads are the problem, I would suggest that they either be fixed to count in the number, or the number excludes them.

Below is a screenshot showing the problem.

image.png.8e7e05dbd914a0467f065343f0ac9391.png

I believe the trophy is awarded once you surpass the threshold number, so once you have 1,001 grown dragons, the platinum should show up.

Kith is right, but it does seem like maybe that should change. If platinum is supposed to come with 1000 dragons, then it should come with 1000 dragons, not 1001.

I'm not sure about the other trophies needing +1, but I have seen many people posting about the platinum.

I think it's a matter of getting new trophies when you have MORE THAN the target amount, though I agree it should be made more clear.

It's been confirmed by many that platinum is actually 1,001 dragons...and I think its the same for the others (so 51 for bronze, etc)

This comes up a lot in the 'Tiny Little Questions' topic, so it makes sense that it should either be changed on the trophy page to say 1,000+ dragons OR dropped to a flat 1,000 to get said trophy.

It's not intentional, no (and no it's not just as simple as being "greater than" instead of "greater than or equal to"—there's even automated testing right now that verifies that e.g. reaching your 50th dragon gives you bronze). I believe I've identified the issue and it'll be fixed soon.

Wow - IIRC it has been that way ever since I got bronze and had had to wait for my 51st...

I'll kind of miss it !

10 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Wow - IIRC it has been that way ever since I got bronze and had had to wait for my 51st...

I'll kind of miss it !

You... have all the trophies already - and probably will have them even if we get 2-3 more.

I know, but it's all those worried questions :lol: