pinkgothic

Notification Bell Highlight

As of today I notice that notifications don't always seem to be marked as read with permanence until I've viewed them a few times. I'll click on the bell, read the notification, click somewhere else, the bell will be marked as off (!), then I click somewhere else and the bell will be on again (!) - I click into it, find that there are no new notifications, then I click back out. This happens a few times in a row and then stops.

It could be caching issue (I can't rule out the pages I'm seeing the bell notification on weren't previously visited with the bell on), but I'm not convinced it is. In any case, it's never happened before today, so I wanted to report it. :)

(No biggie either way. Just something I noticed.)

I'm also having this problem, the bell will flicker on and off between pages even after I view the notification. It happens most often on my main scroll page, occasionally on the cave and account pages, and rarely on the trade pages. Not a huge deal, but weird.

I’m having the same issue, and keep thinking I’ve missed a trade, when it’s actually just the alert highlighting again for previously read offers. It’s been happening all day for me.

Just to update on this: It's not that I need to view it a few times, it literally is just a flicking on and off, like eldritchcakepop mentioned. I can also just click on the "Trading" link in the header a few times and watch it go on and back off, until it finally stays off.

Edit: Er, or I guess it doesn't finally stay off. It finally stays off on the Trading page? I'm not sure about what's going on, but it followed me into cave hunting, like a poltergeist. XD

Edited by pinkgothic

This is happening for me as well on an apple iphone as of this morning. I haven’t checked it on my computer yet. 

This happened to me as well this morning, I viewed the notification but on certain pages it was still highlighted. I viewed it a few times and eventually it stayed off. 

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone know if this is affecting trades at all. I've noticed that I get offers for my trades but when I go to look they are no longer there but I don't know if it is the person offering canceling the offer or if there is a problem with offering.

Edited by AngelsSin

3 hours ago, AngelsSin said:

I'm having the same issue. Does anyone know if this is affecting trades at all. I've noticed that I get offers for my trades but when I go to look they are no longer there but I don't know if it is the person offering canceling the offer or if there is a problem with offering.

I've not had any problems with trades, other than the notifications. I've gotten offers since this problem started and was able to accept them. So I don't think there are any problems with offers not going through, for what it's worth.

This is also occurring on my computer on Google Chrome using Windows 10. 

Been having the same problem since yesterday, it's quite frustrating since I've been dealing with trades a lot. 

Just wanted to mention that this is still happening, in case the powers that be are curious.

To what extent are you seeing this? The notification bell shouldn't take more than 5 seconds to update after any sort of action (receiving a notification, viewing your notifications, etc). If it's happening within that short of a timeframe, then there's not much of an issue.

When it happened with me, I experienced it remaining lit after I checked the notifications for upwards of 2 minutes or so. It happened for me personally on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Paintra said:

When it happened with me, I experienced it remaining lit after I checked the notifications for upwards of 2 minutes or so. It happened for me personally on Sunday.

There were some changes late Sunday/early Monday so I'm particularly interested in if anyone is still seeing this sort of long-term inconsistency.

1 minute ago, TJ09 said:

There were some changes late Sunday/early Monday so I'm particularly interested in if anyone is still seeing this sort of long-term inconsistency.

I haven't had it happen since the one occasion, if that's helpful! Hopefully it was just a one-time thing :D

I had this happen a few times. Once I got a notification and checked it, the bell would be "blank" as normal for a sec, but would later "light up" again as I switched to different tabs. This would happen continually for a while, even after refreshing the tab/checking the notification page, go back to normal for a while, then start up again each time I got another notification. It seems to have stopped for now.

Last time I got a notification, this didn't happen as far I could tell. I'll keep an eye on it and report back next time, unless other people have made that obsolete by then.

Thanks for looking into it, TJ!