Clark_Kent

Option to hide already fertilized dragons when using fertility

Currently when users wish to use the BSA fertility users will find one of their adult purple dragon,  clink on their adult purple dragon, then either scroll or search a code/name of a dragon before clicking on said chosen dragon and then using the BSA. In order to make sure users don't try and use fertility twice on the same dragon and know what dragons have already been fertilized those dragons are scripted to have both their avatars and names greyed out; so I was wondering, would it be possible to be given the option to have those dragons removed from the list all together?

Personally, there is a list of dragons and dragon breeds I like to keep fertilized to increase breeding chances - one of these breeds include gold dragons. currently when I search "gold" into the search bar [see image 1] the dragons that first appear are both nick named dragons, and unmated checkered dragons I'm currently trying to get mates for (one of reasons I want my gold dragons to always be fertilized).  What I'm proposing is that users be given the option either on the account settings page, or be given a little "on off" switch in the BSA page itself that would allow dragons that have already been fertilized to be hidden from the search [see image 2] and prevent users from needing to scroll down to to view dragons that are unfertilized. 

I am not a code writer / computer programer and don't know how hard this would be to implement, but if it's freezable I feel it could be a really handy and convenient option to have.

1218651470_ScreenShot2020-06-09at11_30_25AM.png.bdfb0db00fa2bbd79ddb7e0598d627c0.png965059827_ScreenShot2020-06-09at11_30_55AM.png.7f9cecbde7cf68b62c05b4984e4ce088.png

I would really not like this. Sometimes when I go to breed I forget that I have already fertilized a dragon that for one reason or another I never bred. Seeing it greyed out in the list reminds me that "oh, yeah, I already fertilized her". Having her simply not appear on the list would really confuse me.

I guess that is because I don't make a habit of fertilizing bunches of dragons ahead of time. Maybe if I did I would find this more appealing. As it is, I have plenty of purple dragons for all the fertilizing I need to do, so just use it at the time of breeding.

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I would really not like this. Sometimes when I go to breed I forget that I have already fertilized a dragon that for one reason or another I never bred. Seeing it greyed out in the list reminds me that "oh, yeah, I already fertilized her". Having her simply not appear on the list would really confuse me.

I guess that is because I don't make a habit of fertilizing bunches of dragons ahead of time. Maybe if I did I would find this more appealing. As it is, I have plenty of purple dragons for all the fertilizing I need to do, so just use it at the time of breeding.

I can understand this- and it's something I agree with as well.  It's for that exact reason I added, "...users be given the option either on the account settings page, or be given a little "on off" switch in the BSA page" in regards to being given the option to make them invisible. I for one constantly forget if i've fertilized a dragon yet and would be absolutely freaked out if this were to be implemented without warning or the option to go back and forth between having them greyed or invisible. 

Edited by Cowfish249

I would love the option. I'm one of those people with a LOT of Purples and who doesn't like wasting time by waiting to only fertilize right before breeding-- I often use Fertility days, weeks, months in advance if the dragon doesn't have its mate yet or I'm not working on that project at the moment-- meaning that the Purple comes off cooldown often before the dragon I used it on has even bred. Often what I do is when I get a bunch of Purples off cooldown, I just Fertilize down the metaphorical list. Would be much easier if the ones I already hit could be hidden.

I have a LOT of Purples and just fertilize when I go to breed. With enough Purples, you don't need to CARE about their cooldowns.

Making it a habit to always fertilize before breeding also means no surprise rejections because "Oops, I forgot that I *didn't* fertilize that particular dragon in my latest binge-fertilizings."

I'm with purplehaze on that one. Not seeing the dragon in question AT ALL would always make me go "Where is it?" "Did I mistype?" "Did I accidentally release/kill it?!"

As a toggle switch on the Fertilize page itself, I could see it working, though.

58 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

I have a LOT of Purples and just fertilize when I go to breed. With enough Purples, you don't need to CARE about their cooldowns.

Not quite accurate! When I was setting up a lot of new pairs for a lineage, I frequently ran low or out of Purples. I just prefer to do it all in advance, because I track pretty much literally every pair I breed or plan to breed to make sure someone's been Fertilitied. A lot of these are months in advance, because I'm focusing on another project and know I won't breed that dragon until I get to the project I have it for.

If you run out, it obviously was NOT enough.

By that logic, no amount of purples would be enough depending on how you use them.

Well, no - unless you are breeding to the AP - there is a limit on the number of eggs you can have at any one time. I have 30 or so and have never run out either.

How many Purples you need in order to never run out would mostly depend on your playstyle, how often and how many you breed. The number would be very high for people with large scrolls who breed most of their dragons often, and lower for those who don't. I have over 8k adult dragons and only 31 Purples, but I rarely run out because I don't breed very often. 

Regardless, I definitely support this suggestion. Even though I don't breed a lot I still run into this issue of 'did I already use Fertility on that one?'. Especially when I have lots of dragons in different tabs while speed-breeding, I don't always remember if I've already used Fertility on a specific one, or maybe on that one's mate. I make good use out of the Action Log as a work-around, checking and double-checking what I may have already Fertilized. I would love the ability to hide/grey-out/etc those dragons on the Fertility page, it would make things so much easier. 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

I would love the ability to hide/grey-out/etc those dragons on the Fertility page, it would make things so much easier. 

And they already are greyed out on the fertility page. Once you have used fertility on a dragon it will stay greyed-out until you breed it to something.

On 6/20/2020 at 4:31 AM, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, no - unless you are breeding to the AP - there is a limit on the number of eggs you can have at any one time. I have 30 or so and have never run out either.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, some people- myself included- use Fertility on dragons long in advance, long before we plan to breed them. It's a form of "preloading", so you know that they're ready to breed and won't reject the mate you might not even have yet. I have nearly 100 purples and have ran out using that practice.

It's not as much of an issue, but the fact remains-- I can drain my Purples pretty quickly during normal gameplay.

A checkbox or something ON THE FERTILITY PAGE saying "Hide ineligible dragons" wouldn't hurt anyone.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:21 PM, HeatherMarie said:

different tabs

On 6/20/2020 at 8:44 PM, purplehaze said:

And they already are greyed out on the fertility page. Once you have used fertility on a dragon it will stay greyed-out until you breed it to something.

Problem is, if you have multiple Purples' Fertility pages open in various tabs, and you fertilize a dragon in tab #1, then tab2 doesn't get updated to reflect that change. Which is possibly why Heather hadn't noticed them being greyed out.

This proposition wouldn't actually change that specific issue. Instead of not being greyed out, the dragon in tab #2 would just not automagically disappear.

7 hours ago, Keileon said:

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, some people- myself included- use Fertility on dragons long in advance, long before we plan to breed them. It's a form of "preloading", so you know that they're ready to breed and won't reject the mate you might not even have yet. I have nearly 100 purples and have ran out using that practice.

It's not as much of an issue, but the fact remains-- I can drain my Purples pretty quickly during normal gameplay.

A checkbox or something ON THE FERTILITY PAGE saying "Hide ineligible dragons" wouldn't hurt anyone.

As you only need to use fertility on one of a pair wouldn't it be easier to just hit all of one gender (ie: all males). That's half as many, so less likely  to run out. 

Myself, very little opinion, I don't breed much, and often forget about fertility altogether.  I do think it should either be optional OR at least have an onsite notice of the change. Maybe even both.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:03 AM, purplehaze said:

Seeing it greyed out in the list reminds me that "oh, yeah, I already fertilized her". Having her simply not appear on the list would really confuse me.

Agreed as well, I don’t really see the reason why this should be implemented.

If you want to find them easier, name them something that in every gold will have in common. Like xxx Goldscale and yyy Goldscale. What I would really want to see though, is the option to pull out ‘only names with the word xxx’ and another option to pull out the breed. Or is that already possible? If it does, I think that’ll solve your problem. 

Edited by icearashi

19 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

As you only need to use fertility on one of a pair wouldn't it be easier to just hit all of one gender (ie: all males). That's half as many, so less likely  to run out.

Yeah, generally I only use fertility on the males, or whichever dragon grows up first if I don't already have them.

I also have a 10G Spinel even gen project and there's about a 1/6 chance that two CB Spinels will give me a green; I use Fertility on them a lot.