unishamaani

Searching breeds dropdown disabled in trading? Bug?

The dropdown won't respond to any clicks, happens when I'm out of magis to use. Is this on purpose or a bug? Haven't tried this on computer so I only know it happens when I'm on mobile.

Sorry if this has already been reported. :)

There's no reason you'd need a magi to OFFER on a trade; you only need to click a trade and make an offer - so I can't see what it would have to do with how many magis you have.

I can't test as I have so many magis - but it's working fine for me in general.

I don't have any problems offering on the trades, just with the dropdown as I'd like to use it to search certain stuff.

I'm not an expert but I'm thinking maybe in the coding there's a click-disabling box that overlaps to the dropdown menu from the magi, since magi is just above it.

Which box do you mean ?

image.png.142c739251793cf906f3cbde404b6a33.png

The one that drops down from "any" ?

There isn't one for wants - but wants is for what others are looking for and you need to type what you seek in that one.

image.png.a889105101ddfac6c7fc07feb6895cae.png

I can still use the search for wants but the drop down that says "any" won't respond.

This is not that of a huge problem really though, I'm just going to get a few more magis.

Just thought I'd report this because it could possibly be easily fixable in the code.

Please take a screenshot if possible, as there seems to be a common bug where dropdowns don't work when specific problems such as too long text for the site or other misaligned issues.

I'm going to see if I can re-create this, I've only got 17 magis. So I'm going to breed BSA's for the departure thread till I run out. Alternatively, if there is something you'd like bred on my scroll pm me and I'll send it to you. :)

Update:

Ok. took me a little longer than expected cause I fell asleep.  On my phone (chrome browser) nothing happens at all when I attempt to select the drop-down.

On my computer: Internet Explorer which I don't really use for the cave anymore, the arrow highlights, but the menu doesn't open. pic for reference.  but on Firefox it works normally.  So, it seems to vary based on browser.  I don't know how to do screenshots on my phone, but there is nothing to show there, it doesn't even acknowledge I'm trying to open it.  Yes, I'd say this is a bug.

bug.png

Edited by DragonLady86

Double post cause its been nearly a week. Has anyone else looked into this? I realize it's not a huge deal, just weird. 

I experienced this same issue a few weeks ago, and it does only seen to happen if I'm out of Magis. If I run out again I'll take a screenshot. I'm using Chrome on my phone. 

You know that actually makes sense. If you go to OFFER on something, that's fine, but I am guessing it knows you can't put something up yourself, so it doesn't think you should go searching.

I dont know about you, but I use the search to find what other people have that I may want to offer on. Why create my own offer if what I want is already there and might take what I have? So, it does not logic to me.

Exactly! That is when I do use the search. I'm not looking to set up my own teleport, but rather to see what people want for the dragons they have that I am looking for. I generally don't bother searching when I want to create my own offer.

SO then you need to type the wanted breed in the bottom box.

image.png.d0db23bc529ec137489df1f142507713.png

Well, I'm never out of Magis anyway, so I will never encounter that situation, but it really does not seem all that logical to do it that way.

...no, that's not how things should work, because the drop-down filter is used for finding what other people have. Why should I be restricted from finding only leodons on other people's trades when I'm out of magis and thus can't ask for leodons? And apparently it works normally on firefox so it does sound like a bug either way; it should be consistent.

This is absolutely not on purpose. I'm able to reproduce the same issue on mobile when no dragons are available for teleport, and it'll be fixed soon.

Thanks TJ - always good to know you are hearing us !