CryptidUni

Cave egg sprite revamp or reveal

12 minutes ago, Shokomon said:

...if you have the eggs unlocked already in the encyclopedia, NOT to do away with the descriptions entirely.

Absolutely No Support.

If any changes are to be made here, they shouldn't be locked behind Encyclopedia crap. While I personally think the cave is the way it is for good reason and wouldn't want it changed, if it *is* changed it needs to be equal across the board the same way it is now. Everyone sees the exact same things in the biomes, it doesn't depend on what you have or what you've unlocked or how long you've played or whatever. PLEASE don't change that!

12 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Not if you know what dragon you want and just need to know what to hunt for. The wiki site is full of in-your-face ads and low-quality images compared to the encyclopedia.

Fair comment. I have actually downloaded them all anyway, as I am a mentor and need to answer question a lot ! So another option is to have a document of your own open with them in ! (yes, no use for phones, I guess...)

9 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Absolutely No Support.

If any changes are to be made here, they shouldn't be locked behind Encyclopedia crap. While I personally think the cave is the way it is for good reason and wouldn't want it changed, if it *is* changed it needs to be equal across the board the same way it is now. Everyone sees the exact same things in the biomes, it doesn't depend on what you have or what you've unlocked or how long you've played or whatever. PLEASE don't change that!

Agree 1000000%. Level playing field all round.

I admit I really liked the idea of eggs being mysterious. You had a description, and an egg silhouette. And using those two things, it required you to think and imagine what that egg would look like. From a lore perspective, there's something just innately neat and captivating about that. Having the images shown removes some of that magic.

To keep things more on topic: I think the intent is noble, and logistically it makes sense. But I have to agree with others here. Of course, "expert" users are always going to have an advantage on knowing what the egg is based on a history of memorizing descriptions. So in that sense, it could be argued the playing field is never even. Rather, it's a shallow slope of advantage from new user to experienced user. But having Encyclopedia unlocks also unlock the egg sprites in cave? That's a significant bonus for those who have access to it, and a context where playing as a new versus experienced player becomes debilitating. It's a no from me, right now.

Edited by Ashywolf

I would really love to have the egg sprites revealed/some form of differentiation from a selfish standpoint - been trying my best to get CB pink eggs and usually I have tons of CB flamingo rejects :(

24 minutes ago, PonyTales said:

I would really love to have the egg sprites revealed/some form of differentiation from a selfish standpoint - been trying my best to get CB pink eggs and usually I have tons of CB flamingo rejects :(

I was recently hunting 64 cb pink, and what i did was just not hunt in coast and jungle.

12 hours ago, PonyTales said:

This is actually one of the reasons I really doubt this suggestion would ever happen. There are breeds that share a description (pinks/flamingos aren't the only ones) and that was done deliberately. There used to be a loophole where you could see what a cave-egg was without picking it up, I believe by manually going to it's view page or something, but I think that was fixed long ago. There have been multiple suggestions in the past to alter the 'same-descriptions' and it's never happened, so at this point it seems fairly obvious it's supposed to work this way and simply showing all the actual egg sprites would negate that.

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

This is actually one of the reasons I really doubt this suggestion would ever happen. There are breeds that share a description (pinks/flamingos aren't the only ones) and that was done deliberately.

14 hours ago, Tini said:

I was recently hunting 64 cb pink, and what i did was just not hunt in coast and jungle.

This is the easy way to avoid flamingos, so they REALLY aren't an issue. You won't get a flamingo outside coast and jungle. Now frills and horses....

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

There used to be a loophole where you could see what a cave-egg was without picking it up, I believe by manually going to it's view page or something, but I think that was fixed long ago. There have been multiple suggestions in the past to alter the 'same-descriptions' and it's never happened, so at this point it seems fairly obvious it's supposed to work this way and simply showing all the actual egg sprites would negate that.

Yes indeed. I really can't see it happening - and I'm one who would really rather it didn't.

Maybe not making the eggs visible... but making things more accessible for people who aren't native English speakers or are dyslexic would be nice? Especially since copy/pasting the desc will likely guarantee you're not getting that egg anyways since others are likely to snipe that in the second or two it takes you to look it up.

I have no idea how this would be done, but I think it is a valid concern when it comes to evening the playing field for all players.