Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

in about 3 hours i'll have two spots open, and one of the warm cozy eggs will be dragon #1000 for me!!! :D 

Ooh, congrats! :)

I think I bred a gold for 1,000...

yeah, see, i want something special for #1000.  as of now the next egg can hatch in 5d4h, and i have one more red dragon i can use.... it seems like these new guys are permanent, rarely as yet unknown. 

now that i have those two slots back.... maybe i could get one from the volcano now, and look for or breed something special for #1000..... and then get another one from the volcano because now i'll have that extra egg slot!!  (and then try to get more from the volcano when all (but one of) my reds come off of incubation cooldown in another two weeks... :blink::wacko:

any thoughts for #1000? of all the breeds i like, i don't really have a fave though.  if i like 'em i like 'em.  if not, there's only like two on my scroll XD 

Pick one you like best and breed it, or go for one of the new ones so you have a release day date on your 1,000th dragon.

I'm debating dropping two so as to try for z's.

23 minutes ago, Lagie said:

go for one of the new ones so you have a release day date on your 1,000th dragon.

as it turned out.... i was trying to get just one of the new volcano eggs so that #1000 could be an egg from my CB Prize Bronze Shimmer x CB Gemshard.  but it was taking too much time away from hunting, trying to get just the one.  so in the end, #1000 is one of the cozy warm eggs.  it's got a y-code, and the other cozy warm egg has an x-code.... so the x-code is influenced female and the y-code will be influenced male. XD 

so my CB Shimmer x CB Gemshard egg will be 1001, and maybe it'll be green, which is the color i don't have yet. ;) *rolls dice for random gemshard color generator* 

I finally got all needed! I just need one more of the serene eggs, since it looks like there's dimorphism there.

I actually did get a cozy with a z-code, which is cool, but it was by random chance.

in two weeks, when all my reds come off of cooldown from incubation, i'll see about getting two more cozy warm eggs and incubate them. :) 

I wish I had been around earlier so I might've recognized them in Dragon Requests. But I think I'll like them, they look pretty promising.

I may have seen them but honestly, I don't remember.

Stormy weather! Very squally!

I hope my wee hummingbird is safe in her nest under my eave.

Funnily enough, the egg I incubated got sick but the one I didn't is fine... And the ratios between them are very similar...

i wouldn't remember anything i saw in Dragons Request when it would finally get released, so i don't read or follow the thread.

i usually don't incubate.  when i put eggs into the hatcheries, they're at 5d23h or less - if any part of it is 6d and x hours it's not going in hatcheries.  so that when i actually do incubate eggs, i wait until there's like 5d and like 2-5 hours left - that way it makes it 4d and 2-5 hours left, so it can hatch in a timely fashion.  and no matter when it hatches, i take it out of the hatcheries as soon as it does (or close enough to it.)  i pay a lot of attention to my growing draggies XD 

I'm inclined to incubate at 4d 23hrs to bring it to ER stage. Of course with this release, at least two of my eggs will have to remain unincubated.

Squall has almost passed.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I'm inclined to incubate at 4d 23hrs to bring it to ER stage.

oh that's a good time too.

ok, so note to self: when actually incubating, incubate somewhere between 5d 5h and 4d 23h.

22 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

Funnily enough, the egg I incubated got sick but the one I didn't is fine... And the ratios between them are very similar...

Incubating seems to make some eggs more susceptible to sickness (shimmers...)

1 minute ago, trystan said:

oh that's a good time too.

ok, so note to self: when actually incubating, incubate somewhere between 5d 5h and 4d 23h.

XD

I usually don't incubate either, unless I really need a slot. For the cozy egg I had to.

The way I do things is that at 6 days 9 hours (sometimes later), I put the eggs in Hatching Club and DDF. ...And that's it. They usually will gain enough views to hatch and later grow up on time, save for some more stubborn breeds. I never take them out or anything, and they usually don't get sick.

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:
6 minutes ago, trystan said:

XD

what? i have LOTs of notes to myself! XD 

Edited by trystan

Evening everyone. 

*sighs*

Someone isn't sleeping... And I'm not pleased about it

hullo spirit! i don't usually see you here at this time - it's almost 10 p.m. for me.

16 minutes ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Evening everyone. 

*sighs*

Someone isn't sleeping... And I'm not pleased about it

You? Mum? The dogs?

Did you ever get your electricity sorted?

*huggles*

Hi there Trystan. 

It's 3:45am for me. My dog made a little mess at midnight. .. Now I can't get back k to sleep. 

LAGIE!! 

*huggles*

Not yet. Going on Friday cause they are very slightly reducing restrictions on lock down 

Rocky looks almost exactly like my Starfire!

What are the descriptions on the new eggs?  That's me....  always late to the party.  Edit - I found them.  I got one eggy!

I usually incubate everything.  

Edited by Classycal

36 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Rocky looks almost exactly like my Starfire!

Rocky is very floofy.  he's still growly, but if we're in the room with him long enough, he stops growling. 

he really hasn't eaten much, so tomorrow i'm calling the shelter to see what food they were feeding him.  he might not like the Friskies we have, or he's still too stressed to eat.  but if he'd been eating something else, i can at least try that (provided it's a food i can buy in a store as opposed to ordering it online.)

I'd say he is too stressed to eat.