Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Trying to coax my oldest Blazeback to burst into flames. Who has a charcoal lighter?

Careful about asking for sources of fire around here! :o You might get more than you bargain for!

I do like their cute little fiery tails!

Good thing Fortune's in bed! XD

I really like the hydros! They look so happy, like the tetras.

True. If Fortune hears, I might wind up with a burnt crisp. Blazebacks are immune to fire, but somehow she'd manage it.

39 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I never even felt mine and had no bad reaction at all -- not even the achy arm that I get from the flu shots.

Where is your appointment?

well, so far not so bad.  at the time of this post, it's been about three hours.  it was an owie at first, but now there's just a little soreness in my upper arm right now.  i have a little headache, but that could also be a monthly thing.

i got it through the county health department, and there were four locations to pick from, i picked a location at a shopping mall that's about 15-20 away.

31 minutes ago, trystan said:

at a shopping mall that's about 15-20 away.

15-20 inches? :P

Glad it seems to have gone well, even with the owie.

51 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I really like the hydros! They look so happy,

One of mine is coded (0MopU). I'm not sure how to feel about that. 🤔

Just now, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

One of mine is coded (0MopU). I'm not sure how to feel about that. 🤔

So it's a hydro that enjoys housekeeping! XD

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

15-20 inches? :P

Glad it seems to have gone well, even with the owie.

whoops! 15-20 minutes away! ;) 

it's now just over 7 hours later and the shoulder is a little achy.  the jab was a little higher in my arm than my flu or shingles shot that i had previously (flu in november, shingles #1 in january), so it's a little more ouchies in a different spot.  i felt the jab. ouch.

58 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

Did someone mention fire? o3o

No, we were talking about mopping.

6 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Got me my topsy egg ^.^

Congrats! :)

I have a new one, too.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies (... but are they... ? ;) ), and croissants with butter and jam*

Yesterday's rain never materialized and today looks to be sunny as well. Easter is a weird weekend for the shop as we are closed tomorrow for Good Friday then open Saturday.

*hides from the kitten whose setting is on Wild Chase And Ambush*

Where's the remote?

i got eated.  no upside-down mint for me this year.

also, just have a little bit of a sore upper arm/shoulder after yesterday's jab, so all is well.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yesterday's rain never materialized and today looks to be sunny as well. Easter is a weird weekend for the shop as we are closed tomorrow for Good Friday then open Saturday.

Let me check the weather forecast. They were showing a sunny weekend yesterday, but Easter usually

invites rain. Says Partly Cloudy right now. 

I got an upside down egg. Can I use it on a Pillow dragon like @catstaff suggested? Will it turn the female Pillow right side up?

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

5 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

They were showing a sunny weekend yesterday, but Easter usually invites rain. Says Partly Cloudy right now. 

We got rain. Not a lot but definitely wet. My mother always used to say that it always rains on Good Friday (tomorrow). I hope it doesn't as my car wipers do not work.

It is supposed to be cold here tomorrow -- mid 40s F. Saturday is supposed to be warmer and so far Sunday is forecast to be nice. Then rain again on Monday.

Tomorrow my daughter and I are taking my granddaughter to the Science Center. Should be a good day. We have spent very little time with her (or each other) since COVID!

Enjoy the Science Centre!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs, and some hot cross buns (a little early)*

The weather has turned chilly, windy, and grey, fallout effect from your cold front! It rained on and off through the night. I wonder where my cats and kittens go when it rains.

10 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Reveal hidden contents

20210401_215011.jpg

I was thinking about getting myself something like that - a geode piece and/or a medieval-kinda decorative item. Did you find that dragon randomly or from a shop page? Just curious to see what else there might be.

Spoiler

The big letters say "Quartz", and then below are listed it's varieties: amethyst, citrine, etc.
quartz_geodes.jpg.a0063b1ed83f41ed3d86b14819d5994f.jpg

10 hours ago, Syiren said:

lol. gotta love that randomizing signature.

I thought you were changing it manually each day. :) How does it work? I might use that too.

1 hour ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I was thinking about getting myself something like that - a geode piece and/or a medieval-kinda decorative item. Did you find that dragon randomly or from a shop page? Just curious to see what else 

It's from a shop page and I'm pretty sure the 'geode' is artificially manufactured. It's quite small, I think.

A lot of natural quartz in different colors comes from up around Little Rock, Arkansas. It's sitting on 'extinct' volcano that provides the hot springs.

Also it's 55 F today after being up near 80F. 

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

off to work.... see y'all this evening! ta!

(i don't wanna go.....)

1 hour ago, trystan said:

off to work.... see y'all this evening! ta!

(i don't wanna go.....)

Have fun!

I went and fed my shop animals (stopped at Starbucks en route :D ), did an hour's random wirk at the shop and am now back home. Still sorting Lego. :P

34 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Still sorting Lego. :P

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but that is a task that will never be finished.

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but that is a task that will never be finished.

XD I hear you!

@Ruby Eyes, I'm thinking of sticking my Lego photos in an Original Works thread so you can explore.

as i said over in the current thought thread - i had a customer call and ask if we had any easter grass.  nope sold out.  probably earlier in the week though.

and one of the customers i rang up, when i asked if she'd found everything she was looking for, she said she was still looking for those plastic easter eggs.  nope, we sold out of those too.... probably last week.  and then, i did a return for a customer - a bag of plastic easter eggs! XD 

..... tomorrow is going to be fun. :dry:

also, is it sunday night yet? i want to try to breed those seasonal x equinox dragons again for my project (that so far has only given me equinoxes) XD