Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Just now, Lagie said:

Maybe it thinks it's a horsey and offers rides to the town's children?

Given its heritage, it's more likely to think it's a kelpie and try to eat them.

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Given its heritage, it's more likely to think it's a kelpie and try to eat them.

XD That does sound more likely.  But maybe it is really confused about its ancestry?

Had a good, if tiring, trip yesterday. Collapsed into bed early.

Today is a beautiful, sunny warm day. Not quite as warm as yesterday ended up, I think, but quite nice and more seasonal.

I got my replacement hummingbird flowers. (red pentas)

I got the motivation to plant them.

And I got what might be a severe thunderstorm forecasted for tonight.

So planting them today risks having them battered by a downpour, so I won't be planting them today and will have to shelter them tonight.

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

I say zee-you in my head.

7 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

I don't really know how 'y' is supposed to be pronounced, so I pronounce it as a russian 'у' instead, making it sound like zoo-you.

6 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Z is usually pronounced zee or see. But I have no idea how Zyumorph is pronounced. The Z may even be silent. The English language only pretends it has rules it sticks to AND it likes to give some words multiple meanings that are very different from each other (like mean) OR spelled the same, but pronounced differently for different things - like the word 'read.'

very interesting and varied answers.

i've pronounced it Zigh-you in my head, so... who knows.

this is appropriate:

Spoiler

englishanguage.jpg

also, full story over on the coronavirus thread, but i have an appointment for my first (?) dose of a vaccine on wednesday after work! :D 

8 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Hey there! Look who wandered in. I'd wondered where you'd been. *hugs*

Garden gnomes are always suspected, and not in a good way.

@Long_Before_Sunrise Hey! :D I was mostly around, and I could speak more, but it takes me an effort which might prevent me from it.

Since I've mentioned event cookies: I was wondering if you might have expected to receive a unicorn cookie from me? I feel sorry for that if it's the case.

Good afternoon, CPA! B)

We had a rather quiet shop day. I think everyone was shopping for groceries due the rumour of a lockdown next weekend.

I'm sleepy...

16 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We had a rather quiet shop day. I think everyone was shopping for groceries due the rumour of a lockdown next weekend.

i work tomorrow, 2-6, maybe 7 if the manager asks.  tomorrow is the first day of the new sale - as it is every sunday, so i'm expecting to be kinda busy tomorrow.

i adulted today and did my laundry.  and i made fried matzah for dinner, as it's the first night of passover. that's my one token passover thing i do. :) 

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

i adulted today and did my laundry.

I'll have to use that phrase next time I do that XD

:D 

i adult a lot, because i'm always emptying the sink.  granted, a two of those times are cat bowls, but that also means hubby has also adulted and fed the cats. XD 

Adulting is boring, but sadly necessary. I'll be doing my laundry tomorrow.

I'm still trying to decide what to have for dinner.

My 'adulting' consisted of the usual.

Resisting buying sweets at the store.

Many hours later, regretting that decision.

It seems like the right thing to do at the time. :)

Later, it doesn't. :unsure:

I think the concept of willpower I was taught was very misleading. :dry:

An old, but goodie

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

i love Calvin and Hobbes!

i do more adulting than i realise, mainly because i go to work pretty much every day XD 

2 hours ago, Lost_Unicorn said:

@Long_Before_Sunrise Hey! :D I was mostly around, and I could speak more, but it takes me an effort which might prevent me from it.

Since I've mentioned event cookies: I was wondering if you might have expected to receive a unicorn cookie from me? I feel sorry for that if it's the case.

I'm sure you sent me a holiday cookie. If you ask me to identify which one it was, then I'm in trouble.

Calvin and Hobbes are awesome!

I am binge watching Good Witch. :)

@orphaned

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I am binge watching Good Witch. :)

i also replied over on the current thought thread, but the new season starts May 16th!

i was checking the links for some of my shows, and i found that info!

also, one of my shows starts again next week, opposite a show i also watch - on thursday! thursday is a bad day for me - i have two zooms and two shows i record.  now i have two shows at the same time. yeesh.

Urgh, that's frustrating. You can only record two, right?

I'm actually rewatching Season One, have reached where Abigail and Stephanie are competing for Sam.

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Urgh, that's frustrating. You can only record two, right?

two at once, but i also think you have to be watching one or it gets weird.  so since i'm not even near the tv (i take my laptop in the bedroom for my zooms), i'm pretty sure hubby will be watching a third channel.  so at 8 i have two shows on, one on NBC, one on CW, then i have another show on at 9 on the CW.  they're all on together on April 9th.  but i suspect i'll end up watching the NBC show on nbc.com a day or two later.

ah... yes.  well, we know how THAT turns out! XD 

At least you can watch at another time! ;)

First night in a new-to-me house sit. I forgot to find out where the dog sleeps.

yeah, that's true.

no dog bed? let the dog sleep wherever the dog wants! 🐶

She's on the sofa at the moment. She's a mastiff and larger than me!

Except on my bed. She'd take the whole thing!

Brrr. Four cockroaches in the bathroom just now. I'd forgotten about that feature of older Bahamian houses.

Cockroaches. Locational hazard. All four are deceased now.