Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Chlorine in the water?

Yes. We don't generally drink our tap water.

Ginger does the water batting thing sometimes.

Toppage, page 385! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

That is something I had to learn on my first trip to the USA, too. The tap water smells and tastes of mould AND chlorine at the same time, and it can give you serious bellyaches.

Time to go shopping for BOTTLED water. That's not necessary in most parts of Germany.

@Long_Before_Sunrise Can I now say you're fuzzing over a moth? :D

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The tap water smells and tastes of mould AND chlorine at the same time, and it can give you serious bellyaches.

well, not all tap water.  mine isn't so bad, actually.  but.... we do have a filtered water thing in our fridge/freezer so there's that. XD

My coral bells getting ready to bloom. Unfortunately they turned out to be hybridized enough that the flowers aren't as attractive to butterflies/hummungbirds as they should be. They're pretty pale at the moment, too.

20210329_132918.jpg

The tap water at this house seems to have stopped. I must go outside before it gets dark...

40 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The tap water at this house seems to have stopped. I must go outside before it gets dark...

You afraid of being eaten by a grue?

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You afraid of being eaten by a grue?

That probably would have been better than the wasp sting that I got while I was standing minding my own business watching the handyman.

It hurts. :(

The water might actually end up being that the well has run dry. The neighbour has kindly connected her water to these pipes so I have water overnight till the plumber comes in the morning.

On 3/28/2021 at 7:46 PM, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I gave away my extra Volcano egg,

or not. I sent the link, but I don't know if he's coming back to the forum.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

I can't pull off another day at home because we have a staff meeting and I take the minutes, but boy, do I feel I could use it!

morning all.... although it's almost noon for me!

boss called and decided to take the day off.... hehe.....

Nice. That should make your day easier!

One of the girls who feeds my shop animals when I am not there is leaving us. :( She's pregnant with twins, and it's not recommended to be around cats and kitty litter while pregnant.

hehe yep!

yeah, when i was pregnant with my daughters, hubby had to clean the cat boxes.

Morning peeps!

Unofficial reminder that TJ could pull a sneaky tomorrow and drop more eggs, so make sure you are not egg locked!

I wonder if the special surprise is that if you choose the dragon dilemma answer that can't get an upside down Mint, you get a CB Prize. That would be the best/worst prank ever. :P

It's almost 12pm here.

But I didn't really get much sleep last night also

I went to bed early. I thought I had just napped, but it was B) long before sunrise when I woke up.

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I went to bed early. I thought I had just napped, but it was B) long before sunrise when I woke up.

XD

It was for me, too, because the cats here started yelling at me at 10 to 5 this morning.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

We have actual rain clouds today. I do hope it stays dry for my shop hours.

7 hours ago, Confused Cat said:

I wonder if the special surprise is that if you choose the dragon dilemma answer that can't get an upside down Mint, you get a CB Prize. That would be the best/worst prank ever. :P

ooooh!

7 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Unofficial reminder that TJ could pull a sneaky tomorrow and drop more eggs, so make sure you are not egg locked!

nope, not egg locked!! :D

i'm a little anxious today.... i get a covid jab in a little over 4 hours (3:45 p.m. cave time)

6 hours ago, trystan said:

i'm a little anxious today.... i get a covid jab in a little over 4 hours (3:45 p.m. cave time)

You'll be fine! (I say with some assurance, especially as I was sleeplessly anxious before mine. XD )

14 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Well, as long as they don't poof before about 9 am I will be fine. My second batch of the NRs hatch between 9 and 11 tomorrow.

6 hours ago, trystan said:

I never even felt mine and had no bad reaction at all -- not even the achy arm that I get from the flu shots.

Where is your appointment?