Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Hope you like it! :)

Sounds like a fun evening for her. Hope work went well.

Toppage, page 323! B)

*waves at @Long_Before_Sunrise*

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

It's pouring rain here and the temperature is close to freezing. I'm worried the rain will start freezing on the tree branches and weighing them down - an ice storm. We have a lot of tree damage already from later summer/autumn storms. On the other hand, the rain could keep the temperature just above the freezing point. 

I ate a peanut butter sandwich, because I didn't feel like cooking anything.

*contemplates Lagie's recipe*

Here is a wonderful recipe for muffins. Original Cooking Light Cranberry Citrus Muffins. I changed it a bit. I use orange marmalade instead of the rind and orange juice.

I can tell you how to make Fried Cream, too. 😄

not sure when i'll make it though!

well, i hope all the customers had left by 7 p.m. (i worked 2-6 tonight)... we don't have closing announcements, which, honestly, is kinda stoopid.

edit - i had taco bell for dinner.  it's my sunday thing. :) 

Edited by trystan

I hope it stays rainy and not icy, @Long_Before_Sunrise.

Fried ... Cream?

No rush, @trystan! ;)

It's not like I plan to pester you here every day until you make it. ... or do I ... ?

Just now, Lagie said:

No rush, @trystan! ;)

It's not like I plan to pester you here every day until you make it. ... or do I ... ?

LOL Lagie!

so hubby is recording NCIS: LA... but he's running around the house playing with the cats.  he'll probably do the same for his NCIS: NO - and then they'll take up space on the DVR for ... quite a long time. *sigh*

The problem with recording stuff is that, yes, you do then have to dredge up even more time to actually watch it. XD

yeah, there's that.... but he HAS the time.  i mean, he watches the news (CNN or MSNBC) most nights - he could watch the show instead.  or watch it after he turns off the news, but before he turns on Pandora for music.  he's watching it now, but has missed the first 20 minutes.  i kinda find that weird, i'd want to know what's happened in the first 20 minutes!

14 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I hope it stays rainy and not icy, @Long_Before_Sunrise.

Fried ... Cream?

Fried Cream is a simple blancmange pudding (milk, white sugar, flour or cornstarch, vanilla) with a bit of nutmeg or cinnamon added and overcooked a bit until it sets up firm enough to be 'cut' after being chilled. Then you dip the pudding squares first into beaten egg, then roll it in bread crumbs or finely crushed graham cracker crumbs. Then you deep fry it until it's golden brown. Then you carefully transfer it to paper towels or what-have-you to drain the excess oil off.

Then you sprinkle sieved powdered sugar over it (may not be necessary if you use graham crackers).

Then you wait until it is cool enough to eat without burning your mouth.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise
*facepalm* Left out sugar. Also forum is acting up.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

ooh that sounds good, Sunrise! (can i call you Sunrise?)

I will allow it, although it's more about the journey through the dark before you reach the light.

I like your little animated eggwhacker emoji in your sig.

7 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I will allow it, although it's more about the journey through the dark before you reach the light.

I like your little animated eggwhacker emoji in your sig.

hm.. how about LBS then? your initials.

the eggwhacker emoji is based off this egg - https://dragcave.net/view/XD - i think there's others that are all the colors in the emoji.  i've had it in my sig forever, so i kinda forget where (or when) i even put it there.  although, i recently added the link attached to the gif. XD 

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

hm.. how about LBS then? your initials.

the eggwhacker emoji is based off this egg - https://dragcave.net/view/XD - i think there's others that are all the colors in the emoji.  i've had it in my sig forever, so i kinda forget where (or when) i even put it there.  although, i recently added the link attached to the gif. XD 

Uh, no. Makes me think of other abbreviations like LDS, LBJ, LSD...

😮 I have never seen that egg before or even heard of it.

1 minute ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Uh, no. Makes me think of other abbreviations like LDS, LBJ, LSD...

so, either Sunrise or Long_Before_Sunrise it is then. :) 

*checks thermometer and then outside*

Thermometer says 32 F.  It's still rain. I ran my fingers down a piece of wet metal and found no ice. Still a long way until dawn. 😐

It's quite a steady loud rainfall. I wonder if it had been snow like the forecast originally predicted, how deep it would have gotten. Usually we only get a dusting.

2:30 AM: There's some very fine bits of wintery mix, but still mostly rain. Still no ice on that bit of wet metal. Can feel every bit of the breeze. Road might be slip'n'slide by daylight.

Update

Good morning everyone.

And so I'm back to work.... but at home still

Hi WS!

Yeah it is. I can at least take care of the puppy while I'm at home.

But I'm still very sad about Muggie.

Well with the new strain of the virus here in my country we are back on level three of lockdown again.

And this time the wave is super high

Busy XD

New year means a lot of contracts need renewing and amending. Some companies have collapsed due to the virus and others have merged together, so there's a lot of info to sort through.

How's the first day back? 

Ah that sounds frustrating!

So so. It was busy this morning but now it's really slow

Got little to do huh?

>.> <.< >.>

Google Genshin stuff. See if anyone beat those abyss mages in under 30 seconds.