Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Nah I tried teaching her that when it was an in thing.

She couldn't understand the rules and she hated the small print when trying to read what the card does XD

I never really got the rules either XD I was always like 'Well this card has high attack so I'm going to play it'. 

Haha... nah it involved a lot of strategy.

Apparently the a fire truck just pulled in by the complex next to our house. I see smoke but now flames

That's probably why I never beat the video game XD

O.o

What did you do?

I didn't do anything XD

I just heard the fire truck passing our house. Gave me a dang fright with those sirens

9 hours ago, trystan said:

I'm looking for names for all the dragons in this lineage... any thoughts?

I used comedy duos for my first two, then gave up and random type stuff. They're all near the top of my scroll still if you want to look.

2 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Maybe you should upgrade her to minesweeper XD

I miss Minesweeper.

Are you back in lockdown again, Spirit?

*huggles everyone*

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

It's already hot and muggy and I have to be outside doing a bunch of walking around counting heads at the shelter. We are having overcrowding issues.

Good morning.

Stay safe Lagie. Make sure to be hydrated.

I didn't sleep so well last night, and I have to go places as well... Hopefully it won't take too long. I'm tired.

@Lagie *snugs*

I have an entire freezer drawer full of ice lollies if you want one. 

Hey Woofer!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Are you back in lockdown again, Spirit?

We never left lockdown. It's just on level three.

But now we have loadshedding again.

LAGIE!

*huggles*

Hi Subwoofer!

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I used comedy duos for my first two, then gave up and random type stuff. They're all near the top of my scroll still if you want to look.

*goes to look* (of course you have a Rebo & Zooty too!)

i have quite a few Blancblacks/Bautas/Jesters now with Babylon 5 names.... it started with my z'Jester, Z'ooty zoot zoot XD

another toasty day for me, staying hydrated is good!

i'm picking up my groceries today.  i really hope i get most of everything, but i'm skeptical because my pickup time is 3 in the afternoon - more time for them to sell out of stuff before my order gets shopped.  i might have to go back to 11 a.m. on sundays.  we'll see.....

Edited by trystan
to add stuff

Just found out that one of the family group that went to Colorado with my daughter has tested positive for Covid-19. They came home June 28, which has been more than 2 weeks, so I am trying not to freak out and to think that he probably got it after he got home. Still he had symptoms for three days before getting the test (lost sense of taste!). Moms have to worry!

And I just got a call from a lady at our church that her daughter, who I have been close with over the years, just tested positive. She is not in good health to start with so I am frightened for her as well!

oh that's scary, purplehaze. *fingers and toes crossed for quick, uneventful recoveries*

my boss and i had a "fun" convo about covid that i was texting my daughter.  i'll transcribe it here later on - once i'm back home from shopping.

sorry for the double post.

ok, younger daughter is 19, and her college is still opening up for the fall - although they go back in the middle of august.  she's part of the age group that doesn't care, will go out and party, and she says it's those idiots who will get her sick, and she sure as heck doesn't want this thing.

short story slightly shorter, my boss thinks schools should open in the fall cause kids have "zero-zero-zero chance of dying" from this.  her health emails and shows tell her so.  a doctor on whatever show she was watching said that (probably Fox News, so there it is....)  she also says that the mortality rate if you're younger than 70 is 0% - unless you have underlying health conditions. i told her there was a runner - more like "what about all the healthy people? there was this runner, who now has long-term health problems." she says there was another person who thought they were healthy who had a heart attack because of an underlying condition they didn't know about. i asked her if she'd heard about the three teachers in arizona (2 were on CNN last night) they met in the school to plan for the fall, they all got sick and one died - they were young-looking.  Boss started to say something about underlying conditions, i said they're not going to give out that information...

she said if you've had certain kinds of colds you won't get covid, i said yeah, if you've had sars.  she said something about antibodies and herd immunity.  i said antibodies don't last that long.  my brother and his son were really sick at the end of March, and even though he'd been checking in with his state's health department, he never got tested.  in the middle of june, he had an antibody test, and there weren't any.  the antibodies only hang around for a month or two.  she also has said if you have a good immune system and no underlying conditions, it's just like a little flu.

i know i said something about the asymptomatic people, and i don't really know what she started to say, because i said if you're asymptomatic you're not going to know.

she also said something about everyone's fears being played on, but i don't remember where she went after that....

this is why i don't have many conversation with my boss.

the whole thing really started when i asked her if she knew anywhere one could get a trump sign.  the real reason is younger daughter wants to make a tiktok and she wants a real yard sign, so i asked. eventually i came out with this gem: younger daughter's boyfriend (who just finished with high school) knows someone who's going to be a senior in the fall, and it's for an american government class.  and then we started talking about school and the fall......

[also, some of you may see this post in another place here on the forum... just a heads up XD]

Edited by trystan
to add another gem of wisdom from my boss

11 hours ago, subwoofer said:

Good morning.

Stay safe Lagie. Make sure to be hydrated.

I didn't sleep so well last night, and I have to go places as well... Hopefully it won't take too long. I'm tired.

Thanks! Did so!

Hope your errands went well.

Ice lollies! Yes, please, @Fortune86! ;)

Eww. Loadshedding's no fun, @DragonSpirit009. Keep a battery-operated heater handy! (Do such things exist?) Oh, and Luci lights for light. They're awesome!

Sigh. We have 468 animals in our shelter. We're only supposed to have about 200 so we are WAY over our limit. Not good. Not good at all.

Eeps, @trystan, I can see why you don't talk to your boss much.

I hope your daughter's okay, @purplehaze. And your church lady.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Eeps, @trystan, I can see why you don't talk to your boss much.

i know, right? we pretty much stopped talking about anything political after election day in 2016!

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

i know, right? we pretty much stopped talking about anything political after election day in 2016!

Limits the conversation a bit, but I guess you'd mostly talk shop. My 87-year-old aunt (who I used to see every Sunday before lickdowns and Covid) is an avid, apoplectically-so, orange dude supporter which baffles me completely. We talk about anything but politics.

Why, oh why, do my fingers insist on typing lickdown not lockdown?!?

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Limits the conversation a bit, but I guess you'd mostly talk shop.

shop, the weather, families... yep.

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Why, oh why, do my fingers insist on typing lickdown not lockdown?!?

tee hee, that's funny!

Thankfully, some of my stuff got moved to another day. I'm feeling mostly better now. 

After lockdown, I wonder if we will get a lickdown? :D

9 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

if you have doggos and puppers, maybe? :) 

14 minutes ago, subwoofer said:

Thankfully, some of my stuff got moved to another day. I'm feeling mostly better now. 

Yay for moved!

And yes, as trystan says...

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

Brody gave me a good washing today at my friend's. (He's a potcake.) XD

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And yes, as trystan says...

10 minutes ago, trystan said:

Brody gave me a good washing today at my friend's. (He's a potcake.) XD

yep, that would be a lickdown! XD 

oooh that's a cool poster, MP!

How's your dog Spirit?

Ooh, that's scary Purplehaze.

Well, I've found out that Kentucky law says I can have my emotional support animals in any apartment without extra charge.  That should make it easier to find an apartment.  I looked at one today I really liked so hopefully I can get that.  

3 hours ago, Classycal said:

How's your dog Spirit?

She is better but we discovered she has a loose front tooth. We don't know if that might have been the cause of the stomach problem

Thanks for asking!

Good morning everyone!

It's so freaking cold here. It was in the minus here for the first time in several years.

And to top  it off one of our sub power stations was on fire.... So the whole Drakenstein had zero electricity from 6am. It only came on just now.