Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Glad you snagged it, Lagie!  Back when I was in college (maybe 1984?), I went to some kind of Sci Fi convention--one of the early ones, I guess, in Denver, I bought a Tardis tshirt.  Just the Tardis--no explanation, no logo, no words.  Light gray--I wore it for years!  Ah--memories!  35 years ago?  Not possible! :D

Edited by random_dragon_collector

5 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Back when I was in college (maybe 1984?)

35 years ago?  Not possible! :D

probably possible! in 1984 i finished with 8th grade in the spring and started high school in the fall 😮 

Just now, trystan said:

probably possible! in 1984 i finished with 8th grade in the spring and started high school in the fall 😮 

puts you about 6 years behind me!  young whippersnapper!

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

1 minute ago, random_dragon_collector said:

XD

I started high school in 1983. :P A year ahead of trystan.

And no, it said Police Box clearly across the base of the toque, and was TARDIS blue with a white pompom. Kind of hard to miss.

Mind you, they put the onesie out too. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

XD

And no, it said Police Box clearly across the base of the toque, and was TARDIS blue with a white pompom. Kind of hard to miss.

You're a young whippersnapper, too!  The Tardis said police box, the right color blue etc.--it was the t-shirt that was light gray.  I graduated high school in 1982!

6 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

hey, if 50 is a young whippersnapper, i'll take it! XD 

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

was TARDIS blue with a white pompom

mine doesn't say Police Box (mainly because my embroidery isn't the best), but....

IMG_20151209_203256-1.jpg

1 minute ago, trystan said:

hey, if 50 is a young whippersnapper, i'll take it! XD 

mine doesn't say Police Box (mainly because my embroidery isn't the best), but....

That's a nice hat!

Just now, trystan said:

That's fun! :)

I'm going to try to watch one more episode tonight.

5 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

I graduated high school in 1982!

i was 1988

4 minutes ago, random_dragon_collector said:

That's a nice hat!

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That's fun! :)

thanks guys!

i also need to re-purple my hair, my grey is showing through again.....

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

XD

Okay. I must be tired. I started UNIVERSITY in 1983, after 13 years of school. *sighs*

1 minute ago, Lagie said:

Okay. I must be tired. I started UNIVERSITY in 1983, after 13 years of school. *sighs*

fair enough, you had a busy day.... 

1 minute ago, trystan said:

fair enough, you had a busy day.... 

I did, and it's four hours of doing head maths, so anything else with figures falls by the wayside after it. XD

5 minutes ago, Lagie said:

doing head maths

you don't write it down on a scratch pad or something?

2 hours ago, trystan said:

you don't write it down on a scratch pad or something?

I do with the end figure and the percentage but the adding up is in my head (except for one customer who always tries to argue the price down and who, thankfully, has not been by in a couple of weeks - for her, I do a written very big numbers tally).

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I do with the end figure and the percentage but the adding up is in my head (except for one customer who always tries to argue the price down and who, thankfully, has not been by in a couple of weeks - for her, I do a written very big numbers tally).

ah gotcha.  and wow, that sounds like a high-maintenance customer!

Hope everyone is having a good evening!

I didn't get much done today. Did some light reading and light cleaning.

It was blisteringly hot today, so I had to stay in mostly.

so it's about 20 after midnight, bedtime soon i think.

had an insane busy day at work, it's like a mini-Black Friday every day i work since we reopened at the beginning of june.  the manager on duty this morning brought up some items to be maked as clearance.  i didn't get to it.  honestly, i didn't even really have time to do the cleaning/sanitizing of even my register we had so many customers.  it's been like this since the beginning of june :blink:

huh........is it a good or bad thing that it's busy though?

I think that's interesting though cuz even when I went to the dentist today, the person working on my teeth actually said today was his busiest day since coming back; I'd have thought the mad rush to go out and get things done already happened.

That does sound busy, @trystan! I guess people are desperate for things to do at home (and probably not as desperate for the dentist, @WaterScorpion XD ).

It's hot again here, too, @subwoofer. Stay cool if you can!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Our Prime Minister will be making a national address later today. Most people are expecting him to put in place another lockdown since our case numbers are rising again. I figure he'll probably be lecturing Bahamians about their behaviour since so many haven't been following the rules.

9 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

huh........is it a good or bad thing that it's busy though?

well.... normally i'd say it's a good thing.  but there's still a pandemic, so i have mixed feelings about it.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

That does sound busy, @trystan! I guess people are desperate for things to do at home

crafting supplies are the new "bread, milk, and eggs" XD 

way back at the beginning of the year, the weather was suggesting a winter storm of sorts (that never ended up happening, but still...).  whenever a winter storm is predicted, people tend to run out to the store to get bread, milk, and eggs - never sure why, because those items can go bad if your power goes out.... but we were quite busy when the weather suggested that storm, so i said that crafting supplies were the new bread, milk, and eggs! XD 

and in lockdown, people have been crafting, so now they have to frame it, or replenish their supplies. 👍

must be nice to have a leader of your country care about their peoples.  last time we had that was 4 years ago, but it feels forever ago.....

It is nice, though some of the 'peoples' don't see it that way, nor does the opposition, of course.

It's raining. The wind picked up about two, the clouds moved in, and now we have rain. At least I have nowhere I need to be, and it's not a shop day.

And for your afternoon giggle - 

Screenshot_20200719-091610.thumb.png.bba6dd4f487d5cc776a50ed4b8da5e2f.png

4 hours ago, Lagie said:

It is nice, though some of the 'peoples' don't see it that way, nor does the opposition, of course.

well. some people thing the governor of my state is a communist or a tyrant....

oooh NICE onesie!

22 minutes ago, trystan said:

well. some people thing the governor of my state is a communist or a tyrant....

oooh NICE onesie!

And not just a sensible person looking out for the health of other people. Insane, isn't it?

I like how the onesie has thumb slots so most of the hand is covered. The legs go down to the ankles, no feet.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

And not just a sensible person looking out for the health of other people. Insane, isn't it?

well, i think he is quite a sensible person looking out for the health of other people!

that is fun, yes!  is "no feet" a good thing for you or not?

edit: TARDIS page Topper!

Edited by trystan

9 minutes ago, trystan said:

well, i think he is quite a sensible person looking out for the health of other people!

that is fun, yes!  is "no feet" a good thing for you or not?

edit: TARDIS page Topper!

I agree. Masks are definitely sensible. We reclosed our borders to you guys today.