FiveSix

Holiday 2019 Breeding Plans

TJ's babies have grown up and now we can see the glorious adult sprites; this means time for making some plans! I got a tad over-enthusiastic mocking up various combos I thought might be interesting. Spoilers below if you're waiting for your own to grow up!

Spoiler

Wintertide.thumb.png.f5ee3b715ad8fda044e009442d5396b6.png

Anyone else fancy sharing some ideas or plans?

I love them with coppers, leodons and bronze shimmers! I think radiant angel wouldn't look too bad either. 😊

With Gaia:

Spoiler

image.png.13fd01b9ccfdb36b33083bb58d436802.png

And I don't normally do Holiday x Holiday, but I'm seriously thinking about pairing them with Garlands:

Spoiler

image.png.e59cad568da717dae6ad20586a273dee.png

I also like them with Alpine Zyus:

Spoiler

image.png.2f1dcedf7e22e4a1d9357782a757687f.png

I plan to breed mine with Golden Florets and Skysilks, though I also really like that Candelabra mock up...

5jJL3U.png

CayFPz.png

Edited by Auriene

27 minutes ago, Siliskor said:

Can somebody make a mock -up with rifts?

Wintertide_Rift.png.9276909caf68879df8886309349b6c03.png

I like it! Same softness to their colours, same curled and tangled pose, but plenty of contrast in the actual colours.

I like them best with green mates. Fevers are my favorite (like always), but these look alright, too. Sorry these are cropped to all different sizes...

@Sazandora I tried your suggestions out using Heart of Blue, I really like the Dark Luminae.

Fever

Spoiler

Wintertide x Fever.png

Green Gem Shard

Spoiler

Wintertide x Gem Shard.png

Plated Colossus

Spoiler

Wintertide x Plated Colossus.png

Dark Lumina

Spoiler

Wintertide x Dark Lumina.png

Green Siyat

Spoiler

Wintertide x Siyat.png

Edited by GhostMouse

I'm on mobile so doing mockups is a bit awkward. I'm curious how they would look with Aeria Gloris dragons. The head of Aeria Gloris dragons reminds me of Lugia and the feathers and colours of Wintertide dragons remind me of Ho-Oh

I have too much idea. Because he just look like good with almost everything??

Spoiler

image.png.bddeba4a53f43dcf2074d8acc66232e5.png

Spoiler

image.png.155993019e13f9bf5f4bc70c2e1495c1.png

Spoiler

image.png.c9d811527fdccb897837b4ce559411d1.png

To be fair, my first thought was Skywing because of the shape of the wings. But I don't think it's look that good now. But they do go surprinsely well with Pyrovar and Yellow-Crowned

I am really in love with this new holiday. ToT And I love him with Ribbon Dancers & Garlands, too. Ugggghhhhh.

Bred dragons (as examples):

Almerald: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Zgcqp

Anagallis: https://dragcave.net/lineage/HuhMJ

Vine: https://dragcave.net/lineage/aXHoM

More edit: I'm going to leave my dragon's progeny here: https://dragcave.net/progeny/0F4Va

Edited by Kiyoura
Edited to add bred dragons. <3

On 12/29/2019 at 4:29 AM, GhostMouse said:

Plated Colossus

Hide contents

Wintertide x Plated Colossus.png

Oh wow, I love this combination! :wub:

I also like green Siyat and Skysilk, and I'm planning to try Sinomorph once mine come off cooldown:

image.png.38f0a332c23a80f85fb873d13fed1ca1.png

They'd probably look good with gold breeds, lunars, florets or gold wyverns in particular.

Edited by blockEdragon

I picked, for next year:

Garland, Ribbon Dancer, Gold, Silver, Pyrope, Red, Royal Crimson, Leodon, Gold Lunar, Terrae, Gaia, Vine (vines always underrated but look sooo good with red or green holidays)

I think I'll add Green Gemshard, Gold Floret, and Red Tidal to the list because the lineages people posted of them are so tempting.

So many great ideas here! I love @GhostMouse's suggestion to pair with greens. Particularly like Fever Wyvern, Green Gemshard, and Plated Colossus.  In that same vein, also like @FiveSix's idea to pair with Green Copper. Agree with @Confused Cat that they look good with Black Zyu. And @Astreya with the Ribbon Dancer combo; that is a knock-out! :nyan:

@missy_

The big drawback is that we all only have two CB Wintertides :(

I think I have to try and get some IOUs set up for next Christmas in hopes that there are people who don't want to breed these beauties for themselves.

On a whim, I bred mine with a magenta pyral and lihnseyre. I really love the lihnseyre. I'm on the fence about the pyral.

Dragon Cave - Lineage -  6j9e3 .png

Dragon Cave - Lineage -  Hbypo .png