Anhedonic

Indicate Holiday breed availability (Hub drop-down)

Hello!

To counteract the seemingly common confusion regarding Holiday-only dragons, perhaps an indicator could be added alongside the applicable breed's names on the Trading Hub drop-down?

My initial thought was to grey the names out and add some text, like in this hideous mockup I made (all hail MSPaint)

4JaONhp.png

Thanks for your time!

I would prefer to see the names greyed out. As is, it may be confusing for newer players who don't yet understand that Holiday dragons are seasonal. I have seen some people requesting them in the market, so I imagine actually having those dragond listed as options for trading doesn't help. 

Support. It has always bothered me that the drop-down menu lists the holiday breeds as options when they're not available. It also lists the different varieties of Seasonal Dragons all year round. Though in that case, I'm not sure why the menu lists them separately at all since they're not different breeds.

Support. I see players requesting holidays in Hub from time to time (CB Alts like Blacks and Vines too but that's another matter).

Definitely support. It really doesn't make any sense to have breeds in the drop-down menu that are literally impossible to get at the time. The breed-limits page already does this sort of thing, only showing holiday CB limits during that actual holiday, so to me that makes it doubly-weird that the hub lists holidays out of season.

Nice idea! Although it would have to keep in mind that actual availability extends past the breeding season (while the last eggs hatch and the last hatchlings grow up), so breeding season + 14 days max.

Maybe we could combine this suggestion with the one about making in-season holiday dragons more visible?

Maybe with an opt-group at the bottom of the list "Not currently available"? I dunno, I'm not fussed.

On 5/26/2019 at 5:26 AM, UnicornMaiden said:

It also lists the different varieties of Seasonal Dragons all year round. Though in that case, I'm not sure why the menu lists them separately at all since they're not different breeds.

Per Encyclopedia, they ARE different breeds.

Anyway, support. Holiday week + 15 days after (to account for stunned hatchies).

100% support for this!

It's always sad to see people asking for them way out of season because, beyond putting up a bred egg with the parents telling them "that derg is seasonal/holiday/unobtainable atm" or something, you can't really tell them why they likely aren't getting any bites.