Moonwick

BSA Cool-down Display Page

While I was looking through the default group for "Available for BSA" on my scroll just now, I realized that it could be a good idea to have a similar page or group to show all the dragons that have BSAs on cool-down.

This could be useful for people who like to keep track of when they can use a BSA next on certain dragons, especially when they have a lot of them. For example, sometimes I want to see when a few of my Red dragons are off cool-down but it's a pain sometimes for me (and my lazy butt) to look at each individual one. I know action log exists and stuff for the purpose of looking back to see when you used/did something, but it would be cool to have it all in one page, displayed neatly for you only to see.

It would be even nicer, in my opinion at least, to have a page (not a group) that displayed your BSA dragons that are on CD and its timer beside it in the columns, in place of where views/gender/etc. would be. This would be unique to that page, so it would only show in that format if you went to that page.

Dunno, just wanted to suggest it and see what others thought, if anyone else has any other ideas relating to it, or how to make it better. 😉

Bonus question: Would it be a good idea to apply the same kind of page, but for the breeding cool-downs? 

((If there's already a post like this, please direct me to it. Full disclosure, I was at a loss for what to search for, so I might've missed it if someone beat me to making this suggestion.))

You know what, this seems like a cool idea. I used to have few BSAs so it was no big deal to keep track of them, but now when I have no reds/pinks available I have to click every single one of my BSA dergs to get the info on the next available one and it would indeed be very helpful to have that all in one place.

Somewhere there is a suggestion about more precise timers, that'd be cool but even if we didn't have more precise timers just have a page with a column titled "Cooldown" and underneath for each dragon the corresponding amount of days.

I have definitely been wanting something like this as well. I usually have enough of the BSAs I use frequently to not have to worry much about it even during the times when I'm extra active in my collecting, but there are times where I'd love to have a clearer view of when everything will be available again. Especially when I'm starting to suspect that a new release is approaching, and I want to make sure that I'm prepared for that. So this suggestion absolutely has my support. 

The Help page about Actions already lists freeze dates for your freeze slot cooldowns, so it could possibly also list BSA dragons on their cooldown?

(I already asked for a listing of kills there, too!)

Of course, a separate page might also be useful - or just new temp filters on your /dragons/ page for "BSA Cooldown" and "Breeding Cooldown".

3 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The Help page about Actions already lists freeze dates for your freeze slot cooldowns, so it could possibly also list BSA dragons on their cooldown?

(I already asked for a listing of kills there, too!)

Of course, a separate page might also be useful - or just new temp filters on your /dragons/ page for "BSA Cooldown" and "Breeding Cooldown".

I hope if something is implemented it's not as weirdly circuitous as the Help page for freeze slots, which is..... better than nothing but still quite inconvenient ^^

I have enough BSA dragons that I hardly ever have to worry about when they will be off cooldown, but sometimes my Purples get a little low and I feel like I have to be careful how many I use until they start to come back. AoND used to have a tracker that I used when I had fewer, but it went away when the site had to be redone a few years back.

So I do see a need for this, for others more than myself, and fully support having a way to know when the BSA will be available again. The simpler the better! As I recall, the one on AoND just had a table with each dragon, when the BSA was used and when it would be available again -- down to hours and minutes (which would be really nice!)

Maybe just a general cooldowns page, with a list of BSAs and other actions that have cooldowns (Like freezing or kills), telling you when your next one will be available? Then it could have a drop down menu to list all of the dragons you have with that BSA, with the dragons off cooldown at the top, and then sorted by time left.

Personally, I don't use all of my BSAs and actions enough to ever have any that have none off cooldown, but if I did this would be a super neat thing to have available. Beats checking every single dragon manually for sure.

13 hours ago, Aalbiel said:

You know what, this seems like a cool idea. I used to have few BSAs so it was no big deal to keep track of them, but now when I have no reds/pinks available I have to click every single one of my BSA dergs to get the info on the next available one and it would indeed be very helpful to have that all in one place.

Somewhere there is a suggestion about more precise timers, that'd be cool but even if we didn't have more precise timers just have a page with a column titled "Cooldown" and underneath for each dragon the corresponding amount of days.

Sorry this took so long for a response, I had to go out. I was in the middle of saying this though:

What would help with the precise timer thing being included in this is listing not only the day, but in the format of maybe.. [Days / Hours / Minutes /(maybe) Seconds]. That was...probably suggested in the other thread mentioned, so I'm going to have to have a better look later.  Anyway, even for my suggestion, I'd personally like to see a full "countdown", right there in the columns beside its respective BSA dragon.

Caveman drawing Gif I made to demonstrate the simplicity I had in mind for the page format (it loops):

boop.thumb.gif.4d50a0cbb00983db9448da169e7e0331.gif

(Yes I know the Aeon hasn't got his blue shiny decals from the cooldown but...tis just an example.)

Now I am sure there would be concerns on how long this page would take to load. I'm not sure how to address that. I'm also in no place to say, because my computer does just fine loading stuff like this, yet I imagine there are people who have issues loading specific aspects of web pages.

I'd basically like to know if a live-timer on the "BSA display page" would be hard to load for some people, especially when there will be multiple timers.

Edited by Tesla

@Tesla Your presentation idea is good!

To clarify what I meant about the precise timer being a bit of a separate issue: in the thread about more precise timers, which has been around for a loooong time, we have had no indication from TJ that he would be remotely interested in making this happen. So as much as a precise timer would be cool, I'm saying that I'd already be very happy having a page such as your mockup, but with the currently available time (in your example: 2d instead of 1d 2h etc...) instead of the precise one. I feel like this would involve less coding and might be more likely to happen.

Just my 2 cents ^^

This would be great. I'd love it if this was implemented. However I think that having to refresh the page to get an updated countdown to availability would be better than a live countdown; it would make the page much easier to load. I'd also love it if this was available for breeding too.

The only BSA I use a lot is Incubate, and I have enough Reds that I've never run out (although I've gotten close a few times!), but I definitely see how this could be helpful. Especially for people who have a lot of a certain breed, going through 30 or 50 or 100 Reds (for example) one by one to check how much longer they'll be on cooldown would be a huge pain. I'm not sure about precise timers, especially on an actual scroll page that would have tons of them (as opposed to maybe just on the specific dragon's action page or something). But it'd be great to have a better way to see when you'll get BSAs back.

This would be amazing!

I only have 20 Reds so far but even that means clicking through every one of them to find something off cooldown. Aeons make it a lot easier because, at least, you can see that they're on cd without going to their actions page.

I would love to have a way to tell how long my BSAs are off cooldown. Either a separate page or something like Freeze/Kill slots in the Help page would be okay. Though just adding a date of when the BSA is off cooldown on the Filter By page would be awesome. 

On 10/2/2018 at 5:05 PM, Soulsborne said:

This would be amazing!

I only have 20 Reds so far but even that means clicking through every one of them to find something off cooldown. Aeons make it a lot easier because, at least, you can see that they're on cd without going to their actions page.

Well, you can save a lot of time by using the drop-down filter by available for BSA filter. You won't see any that are on cooldown.

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Well, you can save a lot of time by using the drop-down filter by available for BSA filter. You won't see any that are on cooldown.

😲 Why isn't this like the first thing people tell you...(and I even use the drop-down menu for my groups - I just haven't seen this filter so far *apparently blind*)

Thank you! That will certainly save some time :)