LuckyKitty

ANSWERED:Not sure why I'm not allowed to make public trades anymore?

24 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

"Mate for *code*" - and YOU get to check if it's related to one you have - and reject any trade offer with a related one (FAR easier for you to do than for another player) works. There's no need to post a trade asking for - pretty much any one of 100 possibilities. Not on the forum either.

Have you SEEN the forum trades?  People have full page postings with loooong listings of things they want!

I know. But they don't NEED to do that. And I think it puts people off. It certainly does me. If I see something I want and I'd have to go through pages of stuff to see if I can get it - as a rule I just don't bother.

Others do, obviously, or there wouldn't be anyone posting such trades more than a few times. Which makes me think TJ hasn't really looked close at the trading forum before he imposed that tiny character limit for the trading hub.

(Not that this would belong here ...)

I really think once the trading hub is ironed out, we should make a forum trade feedback thread to fix it too.  I really hate forum trading for that reason, among others.

27 minutes ago, 49ER said:

I really think once the trading hub is ironed out, we should make a forum trade feedback thread to fix it too.  I really hate forum trading for that reason, among others.

Perhaps so, but I would really hate to see restrictions placed on forum trade posts. I don't like to see those long, long strings of wants, either, and I skip right over them when looking for trades, but I don't want them to be disallowed, either. I just wish they would use the spoiler tags.

Edited by purplehaze

41 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Perhaps so, but I would really hate to see restrictions placed on forum trade posts. I don't like to see those long, long strings of wants, either, and I skip right over them when looking for trades, but I don't want them to be disallowed, either. I just wish they would use the spoiler tags.

Right on, purple ! I think we NEED unrestricted posts for forum trading. But the hub is of necessity tighter.

*sighs* This is the opposite I am trying to say. I think certain things like wishlists should be allowed in the hub so people should not be forced to use the forums. Whether it is allowed or not in the end, I'm done with this conversation. You need to realise that this may actually drive users away from the forums in the end and I don't care if anyone follows this advice or not, it's tiresome and I'm not about to beat a dead horse.

I know what you are trying to say. And I happen to disagree. I think the hub needs to be tight - and not to allow links.

You can (I understand) link to a group by number only - surely that will do ? Put all the ones you want mates for in there, post "want mate for dragon from group 15267" (or "unrelated to dragons in group 1427") and you have it done. Not that I shall be going through that group any time soon :lol:

Can't see why it would drive users AWAY from the forums, though. Allowing everything in the hub is more likely to have that effect.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

22 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I know what you are trying to say. And I happen to disagree. I think the hub needs to be tight - and not to allow links.

You can (I understand) link to a group by number only - surely that will do ? Put all the ones you want mates for in there, post "want mate for dragon from group 15267" (or "unrelated to dragons in group 1427") and you have it done. Not that I shall be going through that group any time soon :lol:

Can't see why it would drive users AWAY form the forums, though. Allowing everything in the hub is more likely to have that effect.

Have what effect? The fact that no one would ever use the forums for trading? Like I said: it needs to be a choice. You can't force people to the forums

If the trade hub can have everything listed in it - as you want - there would be no point anyone trading in the forums any more. I'm not suggesting anyone force anyone to use the forums. But the hub can do just as much if you use groups creatively - and giving a group number gets around the link issue - and I am certain sure TJ is not going to allow links to anything outside the actual cave - i.e. GROUPS..

This thread has certainly derailed away from the original question.  As such I'm going to close it and direct conversation to the Trading Hub Feedback thread in Suggestions/Requests.

I will include all pertinent information from this topic, though, and will have a post up shortly containing it.