Skelokey

The Gustitch Lineage! For gusties that became musties

So how is this going to work? We breed ours first and then start doing g2 bloodswap to continue the lineages?

Alright so how this works is that we just trade each other eggs and hatchlings to continue the breeding lineage. We need to establish though what kind of lineage we want. A normal one, step or spiral.

22 minutes ago, Skelokey said:

Alright so how this works is that we just trade each other eggs and hatchlings to continue the breeding lineage. We need to establish though what kind of lineage we want. A normal one, step or spiral.

I'd like to do something that takes advantage of the dimorphism of the black teas

I'd say two even-gen checkers with black teas, one with males and one with females? Since a stair/spiral allows for lot less dragons to show up on the lineage view and it's also a bit more difficult/confusing to bloodswap for them (plus the first pair will end up looking like they're the most important, only Originals, I guess?)

I'm all aboard for even-gen checkers, the mockups with the male black teas are so gorgeous.

Speaking of which: success!

I'd suggest Truffle x Truffle from July 1st and/or Truffle x the breed it was changed from once it's released. Black Tea has nothing to do with what happened, neither is any other breed, maybe except Black Sweetlings which have other resons not to be chosen, both lack of availability and one gender.
PB is a bit problematic if both are required to be gustiches since not everyone has even numbers or even two, but would be otherwise best I think, would make most sense. Later, the mistakenly prereleased breed could join for expanding the project to checkers (if its adult's colours are like that of the egg, it should look nice with Truffle's blackish). It's not like my personal preference, it simply makes lots of sense in this very case. I can't join a checker project anyway, regardless what it is.

And first pair for all is not a good idea for this, there are way too many people owning gustiches and there are too many gustiches themselves. Probably an even-gen would work best as it can be all done out of gustiches and their descendants only, would contain more of CB gustiches in it either.

I don't support the surname requirement instead of option, it's not the surname that makes a gustich, it's the fact it was a different breed before it was changed to a Truffle, surnameis also not a proof of anything.
I may toss some of mine in the future for free after I'm done with frozen hatchlings goal, will be sibling to: https://dragcave.net/lineage/r9c35 parents won't be renamed to Gustich for it would break my Scroll's rules and pattern. If any of that (PB, surname) is a problem and disqualifies my gustich x gustich pair, well, I'm completely out, a bloodline less.
I can rename the first name to a Latin translation of gust + glitch though. It wont' be as nice as the current oen though.

Edited by VixenDra

I would definitely prefer for regular Black Truffles to be allowed, and either an even-gen checker or a stairstep lineage. On the other hand, though, Cup of Tea Gustitch (Black Tea) and Musky x Gusty (Gustitch Black Truffle) have produced a 2nd gen Black Truffle egg!

I also think that we shouldn't have to name our dragons involved in the lineage with a Gustitch name, just a name relating to this lineage (like what I named my Black Truffle above). If we could name our dragons anything we wanted as long as it somehow related to this lineage or the mistakenly released dragon or the glitch itself, I'm sure more people with certain naming patterns on their scrolls would join the lineage and we'd have quite a few more Gustitches to breed.

Edited by camea42123

10 hours ago, VixenDra said:

I'd suggest Truffle x Truffle from July 1st and/or Truffle x the breed it was changed from once it's released. Black Tea has nothing to do with what happened, neither is any other breed, maybe except Black Sweetlings which have other resons not to be chosen, both lack of availability and one gender.
PB is a bit problematic if both are required to be gustiches since not everyone has even numbers or even two, but would be otherwise best I think, would make most sense. Later, the mistakenly prereleased breed could join for expanding the project to checkers (if its adult's colours are like that of the egg, it should look nice with Truffle's blackish). It's not like my personal preference, it simply makes lots of sense in this very case. I can't join a checker project anyway, regardless what it is.

And first pair for all is not a good idea for this, there are way too many people owning gustiches and there are too many gustiches themselves. Probably an even-gen would work best as it can be all done out of gustiches and their descendants only, would contain more of CB gustiches in it either.

I don't support the surname requirement instead of option, it's not the surname that makes a gustich, it's the fact it was a different breed before it was changed to a Truffle, surnameis also not a proof of anything.
I may toss some of mine in the future for free after I'm done with frozen hatchlings goal, will be sibling to: https://dragcave.net/lineage/r9c35 parents won't be renamed to Gustich for it would break my Scroll's rules and pattern. If any of that (PB, surname) is a problem and disqualifies my gustich x gustich pair, well, I'm completely out, a bloodline less.
I can rename the first name to a Latin translation of gust + glitch though. It wont' be as nice as the current oen though.

It’s not a requirement but for fun! We’re not making anyone do this. It’s just for who wants to. No one can prove a true Gustitch other than it being a July 1st Alpine. Only people who have them will know, and I think that’s good enough. This thread was made early enough that i believe everyone on it! Many of us talked to each other before the change even happened because we were all hoping we got to keep the gusties haha. We decided to make this to make light of a dissapointing situation (that TJ had no control over, this happens).

These aren’t rare other than the dragon type. Many people have a “Gustitch” dragon due to the glitch. Even the name sounds silly. Also breeding projects look fun and that’s allthis is for. We chose the black tea dragon because it’s contrasting in colors but has many bodily similarities. Also because we wanted to use another food-themed dragon.

i think an even lineage like everyone says would be good! It’s also easier for people like me who only have one Gustitch 😂

I'm liking the idea of even lineage and with one with male and one with female Black teas :) 

23 hours ago, VixenDra said:

And to add to this, we has an idea already as well to breed the gustitches with the gusties when they came out...though none of us are sure when that might be. So for the time being, paring them with another dragon to start up a lineage project seemed like a good idea, and a fun way for everyone to participate who wanted to remember their glitch eggs. Its all in good fun, as @skelokey stated; no one is forcing anyone who has a gustitch to participate. We all talked together to decide what dragons to breed to make the lineage in the first place.

Plus, like Skelokey said, it's easier for those with only one gustitch egg. Also Personally I think they look cute with Black Teas so, you know, bias.

Edit: As to the surname, (as was brought up earlier in this thread) we wanted to keep the surname as Gustitch to one, keep the lineage going, and two, to be reminded of where the dragons came from. I believe the examples presented for this decision were Thuweds and Dorkfaces; their descendants aren't the original dragons of that lineage, but they keep the name anyway. Same idea here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by dark_sama

On Wed Jul 04 2018 at 3:04 PM, camea42123 said:

Perhaps 

Other dragons could include Harvests, Dark Greens (because plants!), Black Teas, Mints, Olives (only because of the name), Pumpkins (though again, it's a Halloween Dragon and as such, an Event dragon only available once a year), and the various Seasonal Dragons.

Pumpkins are pygmies so cannot breed with Truffles.

I have two Gustitches, names still pending, and will be breeding them with each other as I have no Black Teas (and will always have no Black Teas). I am happy to gift the offspring to anyone here needing an off-scroll bloodline.

Hi! I want to participate too! I have a male Gustitch right here and i love the idea! I'll go find a cb black tea <3

Also, guys, why are calling it a musty? I thought it is a musky XD

And another dragon to use can be Terrae! They are resemblung trees and deers, and somehow the ideia of forest. Black truffles are growing in forests, beneath wallnuts trees! Terrae seems the perfect breed to me, and are very cute too ♡

Edited by camelia2
link

The Black Tea mate for my Gustitch, FeketeTea (very creative, I know) grew up the other day...now to wait for some of my dang purples to come off cooldown so that I can try to breed them already.

I know it's probably still gonna be ages until we manage to get Black Teas from these guys, but I can't wait to get to making a checker!

My first pairing produced an egg, but the second pairing did not produce this week. Here is the lineage of my egg if we want to start coordinating. 

3fMGu

My second pairing will be with a female black tea when off cooldown

I'm going to publicly shame Tolong Gustitch and FeketeTea for making me look forward to breeding them so much and then not giving me an egg, setting me back another week. Dang dragons.

1 hour ago, Coheart said:

I took it. Thank you. I am really kinda obsessed with this little guy. When I'm unlocked, I'd be happy to breed you something in return. Especially if you need a bloodswap

You're welcome! :) Enjoy. They are cute, aren't they? Someday...  no rush! Thanks!

Edited by Lagie

My purebred Black Truffle pair has produced a 2nd gen egg. I'm also waiting on my Black Tea x Black Truffle pair to go off cooldown and for their 2nd gen Black Truffle hatchling to grow up.

I had my first Truffle x Tea Gustitch grow up, not sure if I want to breed that particular pair again or go for a different paring

Haha when i have the time I think I will make a template for us all to use so we can swap woth assigned people. Like say six players with their first pairinsg, and then the second gen swaped and bred. Then the third gen swapped and bred till it leads to a singular dragon