Skelokey

The Gustitch Lineage! For gusties that became musties

1 minute ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

I see your point and it's completely valid, but lemme throw a counter one at you - descendants of original Thuweds and Dorkfaces are still called Thuweds and Dorkfaces, even if they aren't owned by the owners of the originals. If you say that the only dragons that are valid parts of a breeding project are the Originals, the ones you had to be in the right place at the right time to catch CB, once in a lifetime opportunity, then what you have isn't a breeding/lineage project, it's an exclusive club for Gustitch owners.

Good point. But Gustitch is a description of an egg that started out as a Gusty and got turned into a Musky. And anyways, unless we're allowing inbreeding, after the first generation, the dragons are no longer the original Gustitches. So more like how despite there are many Dorkfaces, there is only one Midas Dorkface. And the original Gustitches are the Midas Dorkfaces of the Gustkin Dorkface clan.

Just a quick update for all of you if you haven't read my post on the first page...We now have around 60 Gustitches participating in this lineage :)

Aside from that, I would prefer to do a lineage that is not purebred (unless we can breed them with regular Black Truffles) because that would make it really hard for people who only have one Gustitch to be able to trade for another one of the correct gender in the amount of time before the egg/hatchling dies or hatches/grows up. Possibly a stairstep? Or even an even-gen (but that would only be doable if we all had enough Black Truffles that are Gustitches, possibly a main line that we can request eggs from?)

For breeds that I think might be nice for the lineage, I suggest:

The glassies/Pyrovars (for light x darkness contrast)

Azure Glacewings (for the same reason as Crowned_Ladybug)

Blacks - Regular only, since I think Alts are a bit too hard for now (matching colors, and the alts look similar to Black Truffles so they can be considered kin or something?)

Bleeding Moons (nocturnal, color)

Falconiforms (to add a bit of color to the lineage despite being mostly black; the "blue fire" on parts of their bodies can act as icicles since the Gustitches are alpine dragons, and they're way more common than Ices)

Frostbites (for the same second reason as the Falconiforms above, also white x black color contrast)

Hellfire Wyverns (especially female ones, but males are alright)

Lumina/Dark Lumina (for the same reason as Eeveecat)

Silver Lunar Heralds (not as common as some of these dragons on the list, but still easy enough to catch that it doesn't require hours of hunting, color contrast)

Moonstones (color contrast, dark x darker XD)

Nhiostrifes (add color to the lineage, I think their descriptions together just click *shrugs*)

Razorcrests (same reason as Moonstones, only even darker, and they're quite common right now so why not?)

Ridgewings - Purple only, since CB Tans are hard to catch (Alpine x Alpine pairing, colors look pleasing)

Skywings (it isn't explicitly stated in the Skywing description, but you can infer that they don't live close to humans as they spend most of their lives in the sky)

Spirit Wards (matching colors, the "luminescence" of the Spirit Ward sprite at certain times of the day)

Sunrises/Sunsets/Sunsong Amphipteres (color contrast/matching, Sunrise x Sunset can alternate in the lineage as well)

Whites (for the same reason as Crowned_Ladybug)

Apologies about the really long post, I got a bit too excited about the lineage :) 

14 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

Good point. But Gustitch is a description of an egg that started out as a Gusty and got turned into a Musky. And anyways, unless we're allowing inbreeding, after the first generation, the dragons are no longer the original Gustitches. So more like how despite there are many Dorkfaces, there is only one Midas Dorkface. And the original Gustitches are the Midas Dorkfaces of the Gustkin Dorkface clan.

Correct, but it doesn't stop people from calling their own dragons of Thuwed/Dorkface ancestry Thuwed/Dorkface. While the name Gustitch came about because they're glitched gusties, I don't think it makes sense to reserve it for them and not their offspring. If you name a lineage project something but then say that the offspring aren't actually that...it just doesn't make sense to me. I think Gustitch should carry on as a "family" name the same way, let's say, Potter does! If you meet someone called Potter, they're likely called that because their ancestors were potters, not because they personally make their living from pottery (well, name changes and shaping names to sound less foreign-sounding are a thing, but I hope you get my point anyway.)

I'll temporarily exit this discussion now, as I think it should go down between more than two people.

@camea42123 Glad someone agrees with some of my checker ideas :D I also checked out a lot of breeds just didn't post any more, and hellfires were another I really liked! (Also purple florets) Lunar Heralds, as amazing as they look, I'd cross off the list because it feels like bad luck to tie the progression of a lineage project to how the moons are doing at the moment.

EDIT: While I'm not a huge fan of Razorcrests (ironic, coming from a Ravenclaw), I do find them quite regal-looking combined with Truffles, so I think they could work well too!

Edited by Crowned_Ladybug

Correct, but it doesn't stop people from calling their own dragons of Thuwed/Dorkface ancestry Thuwed/Dorkface. While the name Gustitch came about because they're glitched gusties, I don't think it makes sense to reserve it for them and not their offspring. If you name a lineage project something but then say that the offspring aren't actually that...it just doesn't make sense to me. I think Gustitch should carry on as a "family" name the same way, let's say, Potter does! If you meet someone called Potter, they're likely called that because their ancestors were potters, not because they personally make their living from pottery (well, name changes and shaping names to sound less foreign-sounding are a thing, but I hope you get my point anyway.)

I'll temporarily exit this discussion now, as I think it should go down between more than two people.

@camea42123 Glad someone agrees with some of my checker ideas :D I also checked out a lot of breeds just didn't post any more, and hellfires were another I really liked! (Also purple florets) Lunar Heralds, as amazing as they look, I'd cross off the list because it feels like bad luck to tie the progression of a lineage project to how the moons are doing at the moment.

Good point. Also, my two favorites to be paired with the Black Truffles are the Dark and regular Luminas.

Is there any other food-based or aphrodisiac like dragons that are breedable? It would be really cool to have a theme going.

13 minutes ago, Crowned_Ladybug said:

EDIT: While I'm not a huge fan of Razorcrests (ironic, coming from a Ravenclaw), I do find them quite regal-looking combined with Truffles, so I think they could work well too!

I also think dragons descended from our original Alpine CB Gustitches should carry the name Gustitch as I just don't see why they shouldn't. As you said, dragons descended from Thuweds and Dorkfaces still carry the name (usually) because the original dragon/dragons they were descended from is a Thuwed/Dorkface. They simply carry the family name, it doesn't mean they're exactly like the originals. The offspring we breed from our Gustitches should be no exception to that fact, although we aren't going to get titles on our dragons' pages saying "Certified Gustitch" or anything like that.

I see your opinion about the Lunar Heralds. While some of the colors seem agreeable enough to me (we can have alternating lineages) I think others just don't really fit. About the purple Florets...I think Florets are a little too rare for newer players joining the lineage for now. As it progresses, maybe we can somehow integrate Florets into the lineage.

@CoheartPerhaps the Valentine Dragons? We can have 1 or 2 alternating species in the lineage, so it forms something like a checker lineage only with more than 2 breeds. In this case, one side will always be a Black Truffle descended from a Gustitch or that is a Gustitch and the other side will always be one of two Valentine Dragons that alternate with each other each generation. I'm not sure about them, though, as they are only available during the Valentine's Day Event (though the return of the Holiday biomes are quite helpful) and aren't available for the rest of the year, whether CB or bred.

Other dragons could include Harvests, Dark Greens (because plants!), Black Teas, Mints, Olives (only because of the name), Pumpkins (though again, it's a Halloween Dragon and as such, an Event dragon only available once a year), and the various Seasonal Dragons.

Edited by camea42123

5 minutes ago, Coheart said:

Is there any other food-based or aphrodisiac like dragons that are breedable? It would be really cool to have a theme going.

All I can think of right now are Cheese Dragons, and they can't breed. I'll look through the list of all dragons and try to find another.

Edit- Black Tea dragons.

Edited by Eeveecat1248
adding more info

@camea42123 Oh yeah, you're right about the florets...now that I'm not hunting CBs for them, I completely forgot how annoying hard they are to get.

@Coheart The only one (aside from the unbreedable Cheese) I can think of right now are Mints (I know they're probably just named for their colour but hey, mint is still a plant and a flavour!)

51 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

I mean, it might have been fine to decide on a checker while our eggs were still eggs so that we would have time to influence them all to be one gender or the other, but even with that there are problems. People want breeding pairs of their Gustitches, and not everyone here has Pinks for influencing. So while I agree a checker would look really cool, there's no good way to make it work.

I think we need to have at least one checker option for males and one for females, otherwise a lot of eggs get cut out of the lineage. There's always the option to also do a PB line.  As for breeds, here are more mock-ups! Obviously the Omens would be tough, since they're holidays, but they sure do look good.

Omen, Trihorn, Pyralspite, and Azure Glacewing

image.png avxJHKh.png

Pc4hLzk.png 2X8ZHXW.png

7 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

I@CoheartPerhaps the Valentine Dragons? We can have 1 or 2 alternating species in the lineage, so it forms something like a checker lineage only with more than 2 breeds. In this case, one side will always be a Black Truffle descended from a Gustitch or that is a Gustitch and the other side will always be one of two Valentine Dragons that alternate with each other each generation. I'm not sure about them, though, as they are only available during the Valentine's Day Event (though the return of the Holiday biomes are quite helpful) and aren't available for the rest of the year, whether CB or bred.

5 minutes ago, Eeveecat1248 said:

All I can think of right now are Cheese Dragons, and they can't breed. I'll look through the list of all dragons and try to find another.

Edit- Black Tea dragons.

@camea42123 Oh yeah, you're right about the florets...now that I'm not hunting CBs for them, I completely forgot how annoying hard they are to get.

@Coheart The only one (aside from the unbreedable Cheese) I can think of right now are Mints (I know they're probably just named for their colour but hey, mint is still a plant and a flavour!)

I looked through the Wiki and I thought maybe Black Teas (First Choice) or HoneyDrakes

Just now, Coheart said:

I looked through the Wiki and I thought maybe Black Teas (First Choice) or HoneyDrakes

Good point- Honey Drakes. Except for the fact that they can't breed with regular dragons.

Aaaaah, black teas! I forgot about them! They do look good with Truffles too!

Honey Drakes are a no-go though, drakes don't breed with dragons.

Also please please please no holiday breeds. You'd be cutting down the amount of dragons able to participate in an already limited CB-set project even more.

4 minutes ago, Coheart said:

As Black Truffles are regular dragons and Honey Drakes are Drakes, the two are incompatible for breeding as they are different types of dragons (like if you tried to breed a Pygmy with a Two-Headed)

@Crowned_LadybugThe only holiday breed that would be a good candidate is a Vampire, since they are available all year round (due to the Bite BSA). However, it can be risky as there is a chance the CB egg you bite will escape to the AP.

Edited by camea42123

There are Harvest Dragons, but they're only sorta related to food. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edit- There are Olive Dragons too, but they aren't particularly pretty. (They aren't supposed to be.)

Edited by Eeveecat1248

As an added bonus, Black Teas tend to block up the cave quite a bit, so they're quite easy to get!

1 minute ago, camea42123 said:

As an added bonus, Black Teas tend to block up the cave quite a bit, so they're quite easy to get!

Also, with tea and truffles we're setting up a sophisticated themed lineage.

4 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

@Crowned_LadybugThe only holiday breed that would be a good candidate is a Vampire, since they are available all year round (due to the Bite BSA). However, it can be risky as there is a chance the CB egg you bite will escape to the AP.

Not to mention you can't breed/actively make a lineage out of vampires, and all other holiday breeds have extremely limited breeding and CB spawning periods. Which is why I said "please no holiday breeds"

Liking the idea of Black Teas, though.

Not to mention you can't breed/actively make a lineage out of vampires, and all other holiday breeds have extremely limited breeding and CB spawning periods. Which is why I said "please no holiday breeds"

Liking the idea of Black Teas, though.

I'm sure some people would prefer to have more than Black Truffles and Black Teas to choose from though. I think it's pretty much decided that Black Teas will be one of the breeds that will be part of this lineage. Besides that, what else should we have? Several posts on previous pages have given great suggestions :)

2 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

I'm sure some people would prefer to have more than Black Truffles and Black Teas to choose from though. I think it's pretty much decided that Black Teas will be one of the breeds that will be part of this lineage. Besides that, what else should we have? Several posts on previous pages have given great suggestions :)

LUMINAS LIGHT AND DARK

5 minutes ago, camea42123 said:

My personal favourites are still Azure Glacewings, and maybe Whites? (And of course the already mentioned Black Teas)

You know, don't you, that they aren't actually Musty. The word is MUSKY! Okay, sorry. That has just been bothering me since the beginning and I had to get it off my chest. XD There is a BIG difference between the two and they shouldn't be confused.  ;) 

I really like the idea of pairing them with Black teas :) They would look good together. Azures are lovely too.

I'm in agreement with the Black Tea paring; I think they'd make a really nice checker-type paring. c:

Also, keeping the name "Gustitch" for the offspring of the dragons seems like the most logical thing to do, as this is a lineage project after all. giving them a different naming scheme kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?

I got myself a Black Tea for breeding with the Gustitches if we end up going that route. Who else has a Black Tea, just so that we know how easy it would be to provide them for people who don't have them.

I've got several black teas, and can catch more if needed (if we decide to go that route).