songwithnosoul

ANSWERED:Wild hatchling hidden?

Yesterday I froze and released a red Zyumorph hatchling bred by two of my dragons, a Heartseeker and a Zyumorph. It hatched sick with Ward still protecting it, and it was still both sick and Warded when I froze and released it. I checked on it a few times (to watch the progress of the sickness) and it initially looked like just a normal wild dragon, even after Ward wore off. But some time in the past few hours that changed, and when I checked its view page at around 4:00 am cave time I got a "Dragon Not Found" error. In my actions page, it shows a fog sprite rather than the Zyumorph hatchling sprite. And the hatchling doesn't appear on either of the parents' progeny pages and the two parent dragons don't appear on each other's progeny pages either (this is their only offspring). Both of them are still on breeding cooldown, though.

As an aside, the Heartseeker father doesn't show on either of his parents' progeny pages either, nor do any other dragons from the same pair. I mention it just in case these things are related.

It looks to me like the hatchling is behaving like it's been fogged even though it's wild. Here's a link to the hatchling's lineage page.

Edited by songwithnosoul

Generally, from what I remember, if you release a fogged hatchling it stays fogged.

38 minutes ago, Dorchet said:

Generally, from what I remember, if you release a fogged hatchling it stays fogged.

The only action available for a fogged hatchling is "unhide", so we can't release (or freeze) fogged hatchlings. (Edit: :ph34r: ...)

My first thought was that maybe it died and that confused the system, but I think frozen hatchlings can't die of sickness...? So, no idea. :blink:

Edited by Confused Cat

9 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

The only action available for a fogged hatchling is "unhide", so we can't release (or freeze) fogged hatchlings. (Edit: :ph34r: ...)

My first thought was that maybe it died and that confused the system, but I think frozen hatchlings can't die of sickness...? So, no idea. :blink:

lol, forgot about that. Remembering that... no idea why this happens, haha.

This is very odd and I don't know what the reason for the hatchling no longer showing up could be (unless it actually did die?) but I wonder whether the progeny issue is because TJ has been making a few changes to the progeny page. He made a recent change to the order dragons show up on the progeny page, so it's possible this tinkering had an accidental side effect of removing some mates. Do you happen to know if the progeny issue is just recent? Had you ever checked before? I suspect something has gone accidentally wrong as a result of the recent change. 

Fogged things never show on the progeny page.

Proof:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/TDV6m

- he has a hatchie - gXanj - from the same litter, among my fogged ones. It does not show.

Same here -

https://dragcave.net/progeny/lX8hI

he has a hatchie on my scroll. Fogged, doesn't show.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

1 hour ago, StormWizard212 said:

This is very odd and I don't know what the reason for the hatchling no longer showing up could be (unless it actually did die?) but I wonder whether the progeny issue is because TJ has been making a few changes to the progeny page. He made a recent change to the order dragons show up on the progeny page, so it's possible this tinkering had an accidental side effect of removing some mates. Do you happen to know if the progeny issue is just recent? Had you ever checked before? I suspect something has gone accidentally wrong as a result of the recent change. 

I only noticed that the Heartseeker father wasn't on his parents' progeny pages yesterday, so it could be related to that.

Also, frozen hatchlings shouldn't be able to die from sickness (unless that's changed recently). The glitch might've been triggered the other way - from the hatchling recovering from sickness (which frozen hatchlings can do, last I checked). But that's just speculation, of course.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Fogged things never show on the progeny page.

Proof:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/TDV6m

- he has a hatchie - gXanj - from the same litter, among my fogged ones. It does not show.

Same here - he has a hatchie on my scroll. Fogged, doesn't show.

Yeah, but it's a wild hatchling. It shouldn't be possible for it to be fogged. And the Heartseeker father is an adult, so it's impossible for him to be fogged as well. I said that the wild hatchling is acting like it's fogged, but it shouldn't actually be fogged.

Oh that I realise. It was StormWizard212  I was responding to there. They seemed to believe this had happened because of the progeny change and I don't think that's it at all. It shouldn't  be able to be wild and fogged, as you say - but as it is apparently fogged, or thinks it is, it will not show on the progeny page.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

The Heartseeker father at least shows on the /view/ page of his mother (Hero Carnelian), only the CBs' progeny pages don't seem to know about these two mating at all. :blink:

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Just looked at one of my coded CB's that I bred at Valentine with my Soulstone. They had 4 Soulstone offspring that are visible at the /view/ page but NOT at the /progeny/ page of both parents :unsure:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/DARKx

And just checked a Mutamore that doesn't show this years Valentine offspring in the /progeny/ page. And I know there are Val offspring from this year because I have a Mutamore from them on my scroll.

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

I think we have stumbled upon the Bermuda Triangle of Dragon Cave...☁😱☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

1 hour ago, rinoa26 said:

Just looked at one of my coded CB's that I bred at Valentine with my Soulstone. They had 4 Soulstone offspring that are visible at the /view/ page but NOT at the /progeny/ page of both parents :unsure:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/DARKx

And just checked a Mutamore that doesn't show this years Valentine offspring in the /progeny/ page. And I know there are Val offspring from this year because I have a Mutamore from them on my scroll.

I have a Soul stone that does this as well.

Though I definitely remember breeding her AND the offspring appear on her view page...just not her progeny

Then it seems to be Valentine linked ?

9 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Then it seems to be Valentine linked ?

From the reports here, I would say so...though if anybody has an example with no Val's involved then we could be wrong.

I checked some of my Val's offspring from this year and to me it seems that only the Valentine offspring from newly bred pairs are concerned. Checked my CB's and the ones I bred with a new mate this year don't show the Valentine offspring in the /progency/ page. Only the one's that I bred to mates where there already excisted offspring before Valentine, show correct on the /progeny/ page.

Also checked some Christmas and Halloween pairs that had their first offspring on their Holiday but they also seem to show correct.

But apart from that, there's still the unsolved case of the wild hatchling that disappeared...

Spot on - I just checked mine on that basis - and sure enough those bred with a new mate this year, their lists don't show up those offspring. And that ALSO includes those Valentine's bred AFTER the holiday, to get new non-Valentine mates.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Spot on - I just checked mine on that basis - and sure enough those bred with a new mate this year, their lists don't show up those offspring. And that ALSO includes those Valentine's bred AFTER the holiday, to get new non-Valentine mates.

For me it's only the Valentines that are missing. The non-Valentines I bred after the event from a new pair are showing fine for me.

The Valentine offspring not appearing on progenies may possibly be related to this recent change:

It seems that the pairs currently aren't counting when the first (and only) breeding was during the holiday week. Breeding the pair again outside of the holiday week might make them appear.

As for the hatchling: I have no clue what may have happened. There are a number of other fogged hatchlings floating around the wilderness (ex. 1, 2, 3), but most of them seem pretty old.

Edited by 11th
Clarifying.

28 minutes ago, 11th said:

It seems that the pairs currently aren't counting when the first (and only) breeding was during the holiday week. Breeding the pair again outside of the holiday week might make them appear.

Good point. Just tried two pairs and both gave an egg. And now all of their offspring appear on their progeny pages, including the Valentine offspring from this year that weren't there before.

Edited by rinoa26

1 hour ago, 11th said:

As for the hatchling: I have no clue what may have happened. There are a number of other fogged hatchlings floating around the wilderness (ex. 1, 2, 3), but most of them seem pretty old.

how can you tell those 3 hatchies are in the wilderness? i'm just curious.

Edited by teresadurfin

@teresadurfin

1. I found them through the wilderness page a while ago. (The set of dragons that appears there changes every hour. Sometimes there are fogballs.)

2. Going to their view pages shows this in the page title:

0oRsAp2.png

So MAYBE if the OP breeds again, we can at least see a listing ? And if not then we KNOW it somehow stayed fogged...

23 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

So MAYBE if the OP breeds again, we can at least see a listing ? And if not then we KNOW it somehow stayed fogged...

The dragons are on breeding cooldown til Thursday, but if it's still fogged by then I'll definitely breed the pair again.

9 hours ago, jerzeeshadow said:

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

I think we have stumbled upon the Bermuda Triangle of Dragon Cave...☁😱☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

This made me laugh way more then it probably should have. :lol: (y)