HeatherMarie

Show that a trade offer has been declined

So I was just informed that if you make an offer on a trade and the person declines the offer, you don't get any sort of notification or note anywhere that it has been declined. Apparently you only know that it's been declined when you click the dragon in question. I can't actually confirm this from experience but that's what I was told when I asked. And that seems sort of... Wrong. I mean, you are putting one of your own eggs 'out there' to be transferred to someone else's account, it seems sort of common sense that if the person directly declines your offer you would, yunno, be told so. When you are the one offering the trade you see what offers there are, and see the actions you can take regarding the trade, but the person offering *on* the trade has no idea what's going on with it? Not even that their offer has been directly declined? That really doesn't seem right.

I don't really know what sort of 'informing of declining' would be best, but a simple note on the 'active transfers' page saying something like 'such-and-such egg was declined in trade', or even a simple line on the scroll itself... Wherever, I don't really care. It just seems like there should be *some* sort of informing going on there.

I believe that if a person directly declines your dragon stops being pending on the teleports page. However, if someone accepts someone else's trade without declining yours it shows up as still offered until you click on the teleport or the dragon's action page.

Regardless, a notification for either decline or acceptance would be useful.

I can confirm that there is no notification that someone has declined an egg you offered. You literally just have to keep checking. And it is a bit frustrating. When I offer something, I am pretty much checking to see if it's been declined or still being offered every few minutes. I'd like to not worry so much.

I support this. :)

+1 support for this, because in my experience, going to the "active transfers" page itself sometimes still shows

your offer, even if it's been declined, until you click on the teleport ID. 

^That is another thing that frustrates me. Seeing the offered egg in my active transfers page thinking, ok, not declined, good. No, it's been declined for who knows how long. :dry:

This seems like a valid idea, actually it's a great one! I mean, I can see if the main reason why we aren't informed is to prevent some users from feeling offended, or sore and keep trying to offer and I can see that defense as fair, but most of us are mature and respect when our offers are declined. Sure we may not like the result, but a head's up note which could save us a few hours would help out a lot and make it easier to possibly even find another prize to trade for. :)

I support this idea.

Actually, now that I think of it a "considering" option for the original trader would be nice too. It would let the person offering know for sure that the trader's seen their offer and is actively considering it, instead of leaving it in limbo.

Edited by Shadowdrake

Like @OMGitsKairi mentioned, sometimes if a trade is declined, it still shows in active teleports until you actually click the link, at which point it awkwardly redirects you back to your scroll and you realize it was declined. I’m neutral on the suggestion as is, but that should really be fixed. 

I’d also love a considering option like @shadowdrake said. Sometimes I get an offer I want to accept, but I need to wait a few hours for something to hatch AND I can’t find said person on the forums to tell them it’s pending. Then I have to wait fearfully and hope they don’t cancel thinking I don’t want it and they’re wasting their time (this has happened before xc)

The issue isn't new, but the suggestion of an actual notification (like the "some of your eggs are sick" notification?) is. Wholehearted support from me.

8 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

[snip]

I’d also love a considering option like @shadowdrake said. Sometimes I get an offer I want to accept, but I need to wait a few hours for something to hatch AND I can’t find said person on the forums to tell them it’s pending. Then I have to wait fearfully and hope they don’t cancel thinking I don’t want it and they’re wasting their time (this has happened before xc)

I'd like this also. I've had this problem in the past as well.

A 'considering' option would be nice as well! I often post trades an hour or so before bedtime, and if I get an offer right before leaving sometimes it's better for me to leave it overnight to see if I actually do want it when I'm not half-asleep or whatever. I'd love some way to let the person know 'yeah, I saw this, and I am thinking about accepting it'. 

(I think the suggestion for a sickness notification is a little different, since if you go to the view page you *do* in fact see the sickness indicator... You just have to go to a specific page to see it. In this case there is no such notification at all, anywhere, and the only way you can tell is by clicking on the dragon and seeing that you can use it's actions so obviously it's not in a trade anymore, or clicking through the pending trade and being redirected.)

I support this and considering. Like others, I post trades before going to bed or to work and I feel bad leaving others to wait. I do decline and would like for others to know immediately that I have declined or if one of my own offers would be declined. It's a pain waiting for days at a time--only to discover that your offer has already been declined. 

I also support this as well as the considering option. I would like to know if something has been accepted or declined and I would love to tell someone that I've looked and I'm considering and please don't withdraw the trade.