Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

@Rekha Awesome! You've won 2 points for a Green Royal Consort. I'll update the overall score soon. 

Also, I've edited the Favor Points section so hopefully it's clearer now. The form for Royal Consort announcements was originally in the general Forms section and I think it was way too easy to miss. 

images.png

| Favor Points Tabulation |

All favor points are now being recorded in this Google Sheet. I might be a little slow in updating it sometimes, and I might miss out some points or count wrongly, so if you see an error, let me know! 

Here's how the current favor points count stands: 

Jade Clan
TempestSea - + 3 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature)
Rekha - +5 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature, +2 for Jade royal consort)

Minimarty - + 1 point (+1 for joining) 

Total: 9 points

Sky Clan 
pretty_thumb - + 6 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature, +3 for gifting a CB egg)
Kigyptnee - + 3 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature)
peachycupcake525 - + 1 point (+1 for joining)

Total: 10 points 

Rose Clan
Guillotine - + 3 point (+1 for joining, + 2 for signature)
Mak0 - + 7 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature, +4 for CB hatchie gift, +4 for CB hatchie gift)
JavaTigress - + 1 point (+1 for joining) + 2 for signature
Ninjakittee - + 3 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature)

Total: 20 points 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Do we need to wait until the hatchling genders to post them here or can I post an S1 with proof from, say, an Aeon?

@Guillotine - I'd prefer if everyone posts after the hatchie grows up using the A Royal Offspring has grown up! form: (see below)

A Royal Offspring has grown up! 
Name: 
Link to Scroll: 
Clan I belong to: 

Name of Offspring:
Lineage: 
Color: 

Favor Points: (if you're not sure about this, leave it blank and I'll calculate it for you.

Unless I'm mistaken, Aeon precog BSAs are always right, but until a hatchie grows up, there is still the slightest chance that it might die (from nasty viewbombing induced illness) or be accidentally released / abandoned. The odds are small, but I think it would be safer / easier to just standardize everything and wait till he/she grows up into an adult. 

images.png

Update: The Clans / Favor Point section has been reorganized quite substantially, so I'd recommend that everyone takes a look at the new version.

Basically the changes I made are as follows: 

1. Use of Spoiler Tags (aka Click to Reveal Hidden Content sections)
I've put some of the information into spoiler tags. The whole section was getting very long and starting to look like a wall of text. Hopefully, organizing everything this way will make reading easier, since now you won't have to read the sections of other clans. 

2. Consolidation of All Favor Points sections
I've consolidated the Clan Specific Favor Points system right below the General Favor Points section. I know they're available at the top of the post, but I thought a consolidated version would be more convenient for everyone since you can reference it more quickly when filling in the forms.

Which brings me to the next point: 

3. Consolidation of Favor Points related forms
I've also placed all the Announcement of Favor Points forms in the same section. Some of the forms are still in the general Forms post, but I think having all the forms together would make it easier for you guys to announce the various Favor Points you've earned for your clan. 

Hopefully these changes will make things easier for everyone. Let me know what you think! And as always, if you've got questions about anything, feel free to post and ask! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

I just looked it all over and it looks really good actually. I have a question for you though @MinkishMinx

If someone was gifted a Gemshard Egg but that Egg turns out to be a different color than what we're going for and then they gift that hatchie do we post the favor earning bit or no?

Edited by Rekha

@Rekha - Are you referring to a CB Gemshard mate or a bred egg?

Hehe, I didn't anticipate so much gifting so I hadn't thought about it. Gimme a couple of minutes to think this through and I'll have an answer! 

I was actually thinking about that too, can a gifted dragon (CB or Bred) only earn a favor point once when it’s intially gifted and if it ends up being gifted again is it then only a normal gift. No points attached? Or does each time it’s gifted it earns points?

@Rekha - Ah, okay I see what you're asking! Okay, this is what I'm suggesting as far as gifting is involved: 

images.png

| With regards to gifting |

1. Gifting CB Gemshard mates

- For CB Gemshards, only the initial gifter gets the Favor Points.

- If you receive a CB egg / hatchie as a gift, and choose to pass it along to someone else, it'll just be a general act of kindness. 

- Unless stated explicitly by the gifter, CB Gemshard mates that you receive can be traded with people outside of the project, but only for a different CB Gemshard egg / hatchie. You are not allowed to trade it for anything else. 

I'm thinking that this is the best solution because I want to avoid the possibility of a "gift chain" where the same egg / hatchie is passed along and along to accumulate more and more favor points for the clan. I don't think it's a very likely scenario but it's really one that I'd want to avoid so I'm erring on the side of caution here. ;)

2. Gifting Imperial Harem bred eggs / hatchies

As for the case of bred Imperial Harem eggs / hatchies, I'm going to suggest that we implement the following system: 

- A gifted Imperial Harem egg / hatchie that you receive from another member of the project must be kept and cannot be re-gifted. The favor points for gifting will go to the clan that the gifter is from. 

- An egg received from being on the wait list of a Heavenly pair isn't considered a gift, so that can be gifted to someone else, but only after it hatches

- All Imperial Harem offspring's Favor Points score will be based on the Clan of the person whose scroll it hatched on.
Yes, this will be changed from the earlier system where the offspring's points always are calculated based on the breeder's clan. The rationale for this is that some breeders may breed eggs regularly to gift to people on the wait list, and it would be tricky to always have to remember which breeder you got an egg from. 

images.png

I'll leave this up for the rest of the day for people to comment on, and if no one objects, I'll update the Rules and FAQ section. 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Oh I like that idea that way it doesn't cause a gifting chain which I too was worried about but it also opens up the chance for those who were gifted an egg and it did happen to color incorrectly the chance to trade it on the marketplace to try and obtain one of the color that they are going for. Thank you @MinkishMinx

Even more new graphics:

cloudjade-1.pngcloudrose.pngcloudsky.png

Bigger ones this time. :lol:

I don't really expect any one to use these because of how space consuming they are, but it was fun working with taller images. 

AHHHH I love them so! I'm gonna try to make room for one in my signature - it'll be full soon if you don't quit creating such cute graphics ;) 

@pretty_thumb - aww you're too kind! :blush: Honestly, the credit goes to these Gemshards. They are just such beautiful dragons. I don't know how it took my gemshard addiction this long to escalate, but it really has! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

@MinkishMinx funnily enough, it's the storyline of your lineage that changed my mind on Gemshards! I wasn't a huge fan of them before, but after reading your original post and restudying their structure, reading their descriptions indepth, etc. I realized they're quite beautiful!! I think it's adorable they're a pack species and I love imagining the different Clans cuddling up with their colormates like is mentioned in their descriptions, lol 

Edited by pretty_thumb

Oh my gosh they are just so cute I love them I gonna have the same problem as pretty here soon. Must fiddle with these when I'm at the computer 

I Pledge Loyalty to the Jade Clan 

Name: Minimarty
Link to Scroll: Minimarty

I have an Imperial Breeding Pair: No 
I'd like to be added to the Wait List: Yes

I'd like to be placed on the Wait List for a Heavenly Line Egg 
Link to Scroll: 
Minimarty
Clan I belong to: Jade Clan

Can't wait to get started (:

@pretty_thumb - My love for the adult versions was a little belated too, but I've always thought that the hatchie sprite is one of the most adorable on the site. I think they're only second to the baby yulebuck to me (that friggin' adorable thing). 

@Rekha - Hehe, aww I'm glad you like them. You can always alternate! 

images.png

IPBiFFNHdPuuiFncKusSnDmfHmkURellJIcIUScM43m3dtqeAyjzo_cMdiCFH0WAheT0UYlUwZWWK5df0CTjFTsR-3-jkEKMFDx342WdKSXfVOTS9ac6jgWaVaPhVmokX2SsCQat

The Jade Clan welcomes you, @Minimarty

images.png

Welcome to the project, Minimarty! (: I'll put you on the wait list, although the wait might be a little longer because my stubborn Jade pair refused to give an egg this week. If all goes well, it should be your turn in about two weeks. Fingers crossed that they cooperate! In the meantime, you can take your time to familiarize yourself with the project and chat with the lovely people here. They're some of the coolest around. (: 

I hope you'll have fun! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

Hopefully I’m doing this right. Does anyone want a CB hatchie?:) please let me know if you offer on it!

I'd like to gift a CB Egg 
Clan I belong to: Rose
Teleport Link / PM Link: 
Hatchling Up For Adoption

@Mak0 - Yup, that's the right format. (: That's so nice of you! Hopefully this little one will find a nice home with someone soon. 

And also, because I foresee myself having some free time tomorrow: 

images.png

| Personalized Graphics |
Requests are Closed

Once in a while I'm a little free, and a little bored - and when I'm free and bored, I like to mess around in photoshop. 

Some quick notes: 
- Be patient! I can be uber fast, but I can also be agonizingly slow.
- All graphics must link back to the Imperial Harem thread. 
- All graphics are Favor Points worthy, so yes, you can use them in place of the generic Imperial Harem graphics. 

- One graphic per person at a time, please! 

Step 1 - Pick a Style

Style 1 - Mini Banner

sigjade.png  sigrose.png   sigsky.png   

Style 2 - Itty Bitty

ittyjade.png   ittyrose.png   ittysky.png

Style 3 - Hatchie in a Jar

jarjade.png jarrose.pngjarskyy.png(static)  OR  jaranimate.gif(animated)

Step 2 - Choose your text

You can have any choice of text you'd like. It'll replace "Imperial Harem" (which is currently the placeholder text). Do note that there is a little bit of a space constraint, especially for Style 1, so please try to refrain from choosing something too wordy. Also, the font I'm using is in all-caps. 

Step 3 - Fill in the Form

Spoiler

I'd like a Personalized Graphic!
Name: 
Clan: 

Choice of Style: If you'd like 3, let me know if you want a static one or the animated version!)
Choice of Text: 
Additional Remarks: 

Step 4 - Post and Wait! 

The wait time is really erratic, but hopefully it won't take too long! 

Requests will remain open until I cease to be free and bored (and ill). After which, they will come and go, like the wind. Also, not all graphics will be available for personalization the next round, so if you really like one now, be sure to slip in a request! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

13 hours ago, MinkishMinx said:

Awesome, we'd love to have you! I believe Concubine is used as a legitimate title in Ancient China history texts and that's the context in which it's being used in this project as well. In any case, this project was approved by @purpledragonclaw (our friendly, lovely mod) so I believe it's fine. But I'll double check, just in case!  

Just to confirm here, I approved the lineage, including the use of the word concubine. MinkishMinx is correct on the usage of the term in Ancient China, and Sun Tzu's concubines played an important role in his life. 

Have fun!

59 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

Hopefully I’m doing this right. Does anyone want a CB hatchie?:) please let me know if you offer on it!

I'd like to gift a CB Egg 
Clan I belong to: Rose
Teleport Link / PM Link: 
Hatchling Up For Adoption

Eee, I would <3 I offered a dummy from the AP.

ALSO! Because @MinkishMinx makes the cutest lil graphics ^.^

Name: pretty_thumb
Clan: Sky Clan

Choice of Style: 3, with just sky clan :3
Choice of Text: pretty_thumb (but all caps is cool/I think looks better)
Additional Remarks: you da best boo

Edited by pretty_thumb

Clan: Jade Clan

Choice of Style: 1
Choice of Text: Sky Clan
Additional Remarks: Not sure if you have these already, but maybe you can make them for all three clans? As soon as I can edit my signature I'll place it, I promise! c':