Minkerbell

Imperial Harem - War of the Concubines || >> Spring Event has Begun! ! | Royal Vault is Open! <<

3 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

@MinkishMinx oh one more thing, I noticed that ninjakittee wasn’t added to Rose Clans member list. I’m not sure if you realized or not so I just thought I’d mention it. I know you have a ton of updating you consistently do throughout the day!

Oops! Thanks for pointing it out, just updated properly! (: 

In the process of updating all the various rules and stuff. I'll edit my post with a proper update once it's done! 

Okay I think that is fair. I fully intend to have both my Consort and my Concubine be mates, I am thinking I am working on either two different pairings OR I am working on a Spiral, Still trying to decide which would be more fun for me,

Solution 2 makes the most sense to me in terms of a smooth points system, so that's great! Also, I really like that a Consort must mate for life with their Imperial Prince/Princess, because it means say I can't just rename all my CB Gemshards and still have them available for any other lineages, which is a very nice way of actually dedicating dragons to this project!

For clarification, any Consort must have not bred (successfully or actually produced and egg?) with any other dragon, yes?

(I mean at all, even before being mated to a Prince/Princess)

Edited by Ninjakittee

@Rekha - Awesome, thanks for understanding! Spirals are pretty, but I personally find them to require a little more attention when influencing since the lineaged dragon constantly alternates in gender. So out of laziness, I tend to default to stairs. :P

@Ninjakittee - I've recently updated this rule: 

3. All 2nd gen (and onwards) offspring must have a CB Gemshard as their mate. You may use an existing CB Gemshard (regardless of how many previous mates / offspring it already has) as long as you follow the naming convention.

So yes, even if a CB Gemshard has had offspring with another dragon before, they can still join this lineage (and wipe the slate clean). :lol:

Aaaaaahhhhhh, I'm so torn!

(Have been for a couple days, actually.)

I'm not the greatest fan of Gemshards, but this looks too enticing to simply walk away from.

At the same time, picking a Clan would be easier on my conscience if Sky (the one I've already eliminated due to the fact that I've got enough blue-colored lineages going and don't need more) wasn't lagging behind by a member.

...I'll have to make up my mind some other time. I have coding work I'm supposed to be doing and some cave-stalking to do as I try to track down the CB Pyro I need for this checker I somewhat foolishly decided to continue. (I hate checkers as a given, why I am fighting with this Pyro/Neotropical insanity?)

2 minutes ago, Afeare said:

Aaaaaahhhhhh, I'm so torn!

(Have been for a couple days, actually.)

I'm not the greatest fan of Gemshards, but this looks too enticing to simply walk away from.

At the same time, picking a Clan would be easier on my conscience if Sky (the one I've already eliminated due to the fact that I've got enough blue-colored lineages going and don't need more) wasn't lagging behind by a member.

...I'll have to make up my mind some other time. I have coding work I'm supposed to be doing and some cave-stalking to do as I try to track down the CB Pyro I need for this checker I somewhat foolishly decided to continue. (I hate checkers as a given, why I am fighting with this Pyro/Neotropical insanity?)

I do hope you decide to join us! (: To be honest, I wasn't that big a fan of Gemshards to begin with. I've always loved the hatchies, but I didn't full appreciate the adults until working with them more closely. Now, they've won me over with their graceful poses. 

Good luck with coding and cave stalking!

| Updates | 

images.png

1. Welcome to our new members!

@Minimarty, @Peachycupcake525@JavaTigress@Ninjakittee - Once again, welcome to Imperial Harem! I hope you guys have lots of fun.(: Thanks for joining!

2. New Rule

Imperial Harem dragons do not have to mate exclusively and can have multiple CB mates (aka Consorts / Concubines). However,the CB Concubine / Consort must only mate with their Imperial Harem dragon.  

3. New Favor Point Policy - Gifting 

The following has been added to the Favor Points section: 

1. Gifting CB Gemshard mates

- For CB Gemshards, only the initial gifter gets the Favor Points.

- If you receive a CB egg / hatchie as a gift, and choose to pass it along to someone else, it'll just be a general act of kindness. 

- Unless stated explicitly by the gifter, CB Gemshard mates that you receive can be traded with people outside of the project, but only for a different CB Gemshard egg / hatchie. You are not allowed to trade it for anything else. 

2. Gifting Imperial Harem bred eggs / hatchies

- A gifted Imperial Harem egg / hatchie that you receive from another member of the project must be kept and cannot be re-gifted. The favor points for gifting will go to the clan that the gifter is from. 

- An egg received from being on the wait list of a Heavenly pair isn't considered a gift, so that can be gifted to someone else, but only after it hatches. 

- All Imperial Harem offspring's Favor Points score will be based on the Clan of the person whose scroll it hatched on. 

4. New Favor Point Policy - Royal Consorts / Concubines

Royal Consorts and Concubines can be announced and granted Favor Points only after a successful breeding attempt with an Imperial Harem dragon. 

5. Clan Hall Upgrade 

QE9_x-niY6MOAdomUZIAsgTH0zKSqGy08uKcAf391MRnlSEgpVtdvIKFlOAFHZ574-GE7r4mSi0OCRwKqlQ6VR1KZCdIUqUzTrrERtRjtGcsb5Tz00OPhd2SGJ9YwyCT0f42WtiU

High Concubine Tian - "I knew you guys could do it!"

images.png

To reward the Sky Clan for achieving 10 Favor Points, their Clan Hall has now been upgraded to Rank 2 

ClanHouse2.png

Congratulations, Sky Clan!

6. Favor Points Tabulation

All favor points are now being recorded in this Google Sheet. I might be a little slow in updating it sometimes, and I might miss out some points or count wrongly, so if you see an error, let me know! 

Here's how the current favor points count stands: 

Jade Clan
TempestSea - + 3 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature)
Rekha - +5 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature, +2 for Jade royal consort)

Minimarty - + 1 point (+1 for joining) 

Total: 9 points

Sky Clan 
pretty_thumb - + 6 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature, +3 for gifting a CB egg)
Kigyptnee - + 3 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature)
peachycupcake525 - + 1 point (+1 for joining)

Total: 10 points 

Rose Clan
Guillotine - + 3 point (+1 for joining, + 2 for signature)
Mak0 - + 7 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature, +4 for CB hatchie gift, +4 for CB hatchie gift)
JavaTigress - + 1 point (+1 for joining) + 2 for signature
Ninjakittee - + 3 points (+1 for joining, +2 for signature)

Total: 20 points 

Edited by MinkishMinx

@MinkishMinx YES. I’m weird, I love paperwork or any sort of organizational tool so I’m very excited about the google sheet! I’ll do my best to lend a hand and help make it, and the forum, as accurate as possible:)

9 minutes ago, Mak0 said:

@MinkishMinx YES. I’m weird, I love paperwork or any sort of organizational tool so I’m very excited about the google sheet! I’ll do my best to lend a hand and help make it, and the forum, as accurate as possible:)

Ooh yay! The google sheet is only editable by me now (anyone can view it) and it's not very pretty (albeit functional). But if you could make a nicer sort of google sheet, I'd really appreciate it! If you'd prefer to work off my current version, let me know and I'll see how I can go about giving you editing rights. (I didn't want to post a link that allows editing publicly). Or if you'd prefer to work on your own, that's fine as well! 

But no rush, the current one is workable for now! 

@MinkishMinx Late to the party here, but I too think that solution #2 is the best way to go about earning favor points with consorts. And as @Mak0 pointed out, this keeps it more fair in the long run for Rose Clan and for there not being just hoards of consorts without actual imperial mates. :)

@Peachycupcake525 yay!! Finally another member for Sky Clan! ^_^ Welcome to the project and to Sky Clan. 

ETA: Oh yay, I didn't even see our Clan Hall has been upgraded! Nice job, everyone. High Concubine Tian seems pleased ;)

I can also extend my services to help with any kind of organization or record-keeping. My OCD likes to make sure everything is just so, so I'm usually quite good with keeping track of anything important. If there's anything you need help with - let me know!

Edited by pretty_thumb

Awesome, I'm glad you guys like the new changes! 

Just a heads up, I will be re-working the Favor Points allocated to Gifting.

Right now, I'm noticing that the points I've allocated might be a bit too much because I've noticed how it can really speed things forward for some clans. I will give everyone enough time to "benefit" from the current Favor Points allocated (maybe a week), after which, the new amount of Favor Points will kick in. 

I'LL ADMIT IT. I didn't expect such generosity from everyone and it really blows me away. c: But I do know that not everyone is able to catch Gemshards as easily, so I see a need to balance the points better. While I want to reward members for their generosity, I also don't want to penalize any Clan because the ability to catch and gift Gemshards is not the essence of this project, so it shouldn't be allowed to affect the points system so much. 

Don't worry, everyone gets to keep the points they've earned so far. ;)

Also, I know there have been many many changes so far and I apologize for that! It's my first time helming such a detailed project, and I really appreciate you guys helping me and being so understanding. Hopefully we can continue to work together to make Imperial Harem even better! 

Edited by MinkishMinx

I can definitely see where the favor points with Gifting could end up giving too much of a benefit to certain clans. I haven't even spotted a gemshard in the cave since joining the project :rolleyes:(though I still have gotten plenty because of you lovelies <3) I do wonder if there could ever be favor points based on trading out hatchlings between clans. 

Also - don't apologize for the changes! You've asked for our input along the way, and with any project there are going to be changes and updates. You keep us well-informed so I see no fault in it. 

Edited by pretty_thumb

@MinkishMinx I’m on a miserably long road trip heading home with my husband now so I won’t be able to get to a computer anytime soon. But like you said before, what you have now works:) but I’ll play around some and if something comes out of it that I like or if I want to try my hand at the current document I’ll let you know!

And change is good in this case! We’re in a trial and error phase, seeing what works and what doesn’t to make it fair for everyone:) 

@MinkishMinx

So, just to make sure, mentioning in a description that my future dragon is part of the Sky Clan and maybe some stuff about the concubines and stuff and mentioning the lineage and stuff about it but not that it's a project and things that wouldn't make sense in the dragon cave world is okay? Sorry about the run-on sentence. I'm tired and I can't focus enough on it to fix it.

The changes sound good, and like @Mak0 said, this is still really new and we need to tweak it a lot to make it fair for everyone. I'm fine with lots of changes now, if they'll help make it more fair and fun in the long run.

@pretty_thumb, @Peachycupcake525 & @Mak0 - Thanks for being so understanding about the changes! (: 

@pretty_thumb - With regards to having favor points based on trading out hatchlings between clans, I haven't considered it yet, but I will think about it. (: I see gifting as being more reward-worthy right now, because the gifter doesn't get anything tangible in return (only Favor Points) whereas in the case of trading, each party benefits by getting the hatchie they want so that's kinda like a reward in itself. Having said that, I will keep it in mind! Thanks for bringing it up. 

@Peachycupcake525 - I'm thinking that as long as you keep to the general rules regarding descriptions (eg keeping things PG), it should be fine. "Concubine" has been okay-ed by purpledragonclaw as an acceptable term, so it should be fine as long as the context is innocent. Hope this helps! 

@MinkishMinx It would definitely be something I would suggest introducing later on, when the Clans are bigger. It could go along with the storyline, too, perhaps with males being highly prized. Maybe trades with a male of your Clan would require trading 2 female hatchlings (at least one being of the other person's clan) or 1 ungendered hatchling of the other party's Clan color. I don't know, I'm tired and don't think I'm making much sense.

I am totally okay with the changes and no worries about it, we are in the beginning of a new lineage project there are bound to be some learning curves to be had. I just love this project and can't wait to see where it goes in the future,

@pretty_thumb - I'll keep that in mind! (: 

images.png

Update: Favor Points for Gifting has been balanced as follows:
 + 1 point for gifting a CB Gemshard Egg or a bred Egg
+ 2 points for a CB Gemshard Hatchie or a bred hatchie. 

The reasoning for this can be found in this post

I know this is sudden, and may not exactly be welcome, but I'll reiterate that this balancing has to be done because the Favor Points per gift was a little too significant to begin with. 

To ease everyone into this new update, I've implemented a Skirmish! Basically, all gifts that were granted Favor Points prior to this post will get to retain the points that they earned. To make it fair to anyone else who may want to benefit from the old scoring system, you can now still earn points (up to a maximum of 10 points per member) based on that old system by participating in the skirmish. 

And there's also a little bonus reward in the form of a personalized graphic now. c: 

images.png

A Skirmish is active! (click to view!)

| Current Skirmish - Gifters Galore |
Ends: 19 Jan 2018

Skirmist-Gifts-Galore.png

| How to win this skirmish |

The goal of this skirmish is a very simple one: donates the greatest number of CB Gemshard mates.
Bonus points will be awarded for gifting CB Gemshard Eggs / Hatchies successfully to other members! 

Maximum points per member: 10 points *

* Any additional gifts after the maximum points is earned will be awarded Favor points based on
the usual Favor Points System (ie 1 point for a CB egg, 2 points for a CB hatchie)

images.png

Edited by MinkishMinx

Just to clarify - you were just using "-" as markers, not as a negative sign, right? We don't lose points for gifting from now on, do we?

ETA: Just kidding I figured it out

Edited by pretty_thumb

24 minutes ago, pretty_thumb said:

Just to clarify - you were just using "-" as markers, not as a negative sign, right? We don't lose points for gifting from now on, do we?

ETA: Just kidding I figured it out

oh LOL. Sorry I'm too used to putting "-" as bullet points and I didn't realize how it looked in that context. :D For some reason, this really tickles me. Okay, okay, I better change it. 

----------

So happy to see the positive feedback so far, thank you guys! 

1 minute ago, MinkishMinx said:

oh LOL. Sorry I'm too used to putting "-" as bullet points and I didn't realize how it looked in that context. :D For some reason, this really tickles me. Okay, okay, I better change it. 

----------

So happy to see the positive feedback so far, thank you guys! 

I have been awake for far too long - I had a laugh when I realized as well. At first I was like "why can't I be nice without losing points???" :lol:

A Royal Offspring has grown up! 
Name: pretty_thumb
Link to Scroll: Here
Clan I belong to: Sky Clan

Name: Princess Fen Yu
Lineage: 
image.png.25c5f4073c0f7e7e68329fd40e7690fe.png
Color: Green :rolleyes:

Favor Points: +1 to Jade Clan for a green female offspring (I think)

Edited by pretty_thumb
ugh sorry i double posted i'm so tired

Yay one of the Offspring! Very cute love the name too,

Edit: I hope its okay that I moved my Jar Hatchie to being my avatar rather than being in my signature. I still have two things in the signature so I didn't think it would be a big problem but if it is I'll put it into my signature again.

Edited by Rekha