Cassie_Fenix

The Sweetling x Pink Alt Swap Lineage!

Well, here's a fun lineage I'm trying to get going. Basically, I have an Alt Sweetling (from when the cave messed up and abandoned Sweetling eggs from some users) which I breed with a CB Pink every year to give others the chance at a Sweetling with an Alt Sweetling parent. My idea for this lineage started when I got this dragon, Battlefield of the Heart: Battlefield of the Heart's Lineage. As you can see, it swaps between an Alt version, the normal version, and back to my alt version (since my scroll is coded to give me alts).

So, here is my lineage project idea, of which I need both Alt Sweetling owners as well as normal owners for this to work. Basically, what happens is you breed a cave born Alt Sweetling (or regular Sweetling) with a cave born pink and pass that egg to someone who has the alternate color (so, for instance, since I have the Alt Sweetling, I'd pass it to someone with a normal scroll, and vice versa). If you have a second-gen one of this same pairing but with a different colored parent, you can do this as well. In addition, I'd like to have it where some people breed them to get pinks with regular or alt Sweetlings as well, to help out with the lineage.

If you want to help out, please PM me and let me know if you have an Alt Sweetling or a Normal Sweetling. Swaps can happen as well for alts for regulars and vice versa, so if you want to help with getting another Alt or regular with different parents to help continue the lineage, that is. Also, if they do have a similar thing like they had for Halloween Dragons, those who don't have a first gen Sweetling can catch 'em then for their starters if all they have are second gens. :) But the more we can get on for this project, the better. :D

Thanks again for your help, everyone!

Participants:

First Gens:

Cassie_Fenix (Myself): Alt Sweetling

Second Gens:

Cassie_Fenix: Pink from Alt Sweetling x Pink

evilSpectra Sweetling from Alt Sweetling x Aria

Third Gens:

Cassie_Fenix: Battlefield of the Heart - Starter of this idea.

Waiting List for Eggs:

Edited by Cassie_Fenix

I picked up this fellow in the AP.  https://dragcave.net/lineage/28hod  I bred him with a CB Pink last Valentine season and passed an egg on to a friend who has regular Sweetlings. She will breed an egg from that line for me next season to continue the alternating line. :)

Edited by purplehaze

On 11/18/2017 at 11:45 PM, purplehaze said:

I picked up this fellow in the AP.  https://dragcave.net/lineage/28hod  I bred him with a CB Pink last Valentine season and passed an egg on to a friend who has regular Sweetlings. She will breed an egg from that line for me next season to continue the alternating line. :)

Nice! :D So, do you want to join in on the fun as well this next Valentine's Day as well as a participant?  Your friend can as well, if they want.

2 hours ago, GhostMouse said:

My scroll has pink Sweetlings. I can help out but I'll probably need a reminder closer to Valentine's day. :)

I also have this pink Sweetling from a CB alt Sweetling and a CB Red. I could breed an egg for someone with an alt scroll if you'd be open to having a line using Reds.

Nice! We need more regular Pink Sweetlings in this project as well!

As for the Pink from Alt x Red, we might add those in next year as well, but we'll see how many participants we have first for the original one.

1 hour ago, Cassie_Fenix said:

Nice! :D So, do you want to join in on the fun as well this next Valentine's Day as well as a participant?  Your friend can as well, if they want.

I will be glad to breed that fellow if you have someone with pink ones that wants an egg from him. My friend's egg will be for me this time, but maybe later. And next year I will have two to breed (unless my friend wants to keep bouncing the lineage back and forth between us, which I kind of hope she will.)

I have regular pink Sweets and would be happy to  send their eggs out and about

Well, the Alt Sweetling x Pink breeding is now live!

Sorry I lost this thread a few months ago, but I found it again.

Sweetlings with a pink father will now turn pink regardless of how the scroll is coded, so I don't think this can be continued. It was a nice idea though :(

We can only get non-alt CBs if we choose to release our original alts to the wilderness and catch new ones, which will then be pink.

I'm keeping my boys, as I have become quite attached to them.

Same. I don't mind getting bred pinks myself.

As for the people wanting the CB Alts, I think they should be happy if they can get ones that are bred. These are very special to us, because TJ could've chose not to do anything for us, but instead, he chose to give us something as apology... Why can't others understand that as well?

22 minutes ago, TempestSea said:

would have loved to help out... was a very pretty idea :)

Yea, it was. I can still provide Sweetling eggs from Alt parents for anyone who still wants to have a continuation, but as things stand, I can't continue the lineages on my own scrolls since Pink Sweetling eggs go Pink now. Still will be fun to spread the love, as it were, though.

Well, if you have a Pink Sweetling Scroll, yours will still go pink even from an Alt Parent, so it'll still have it where you'll have alternating colors of parents.

2 hours ago, TempestSea said:

Yeah mine is a pink scroll - no pretty chocolate sweetlings for me :(

True, but you can still have it where even if i send an egg from a alt Sweetling over, it'll go pink, so you'll still have with the original lineage was all about.