IlaQuickel

Dragcave math

So I want to get enough reds and pinks to be able to always be able to influence and incubate, I think the numbers I have are for 7 eggs, I forgot the formula for it though. I want to say...120 reds and 72 pinksx2 (72 males and 72 females). Though with aeons being introduced, I don't think I need that many but I'll still get that many pinks just in case. I don't have the ability to have 8 eggs at a time yet but I will someday.

The formula... do you want all the dragons to be ready with their BSA at the time you gain new eggs? Than round up after each step. Lets assume you'll catch only CB in biomes, so with gold trophy... it's batch of 7 more eggs every other day with incubation:

Red dragons:

14 days BSA cooldown

14/2 = 7 batches

with 7 eggs per each batch => 7*7 = 49 eggs to incubate each 14 days

Pink dragons:

7 days BSA cooldown

7/2 = 3.5 or 4 batches

with 7 eggs per each batch => 3.5*7 or 4*7 = 24.5 or 28 eggs to influence each 7 days

Formula: ( [number of days of BSA cooldown] / [number of days, after which you get more eggs] ) * [number of new eggs]

So you'll need 49 Reds and 25 or 28 male Pinks and 25 or 28 female Pinks. More if you're catching with higher speed. For example when obtaining incuhatchable eggs (5 or less days left), you'll be constantly hatch-locked (21 new eggs that hatch "instantly" each 3 days) and will need 98 or 105 Reds and 49 or 63 male Pinks and 49 or 63 female Pinks. For platinum trophy, it's 112 or 120 Reds and 56 or 72 male Pinks and 56 or 72 female Pinks. Of course you'll need more if you don't keep your hatchlings => are able to catch even more.

Edited by Anemonis

2 hours ago, Anemonis said:

The formula... do you want all the dragons to be ready with their BSA at the time you gain new eggs? Than round up after each step. Lets assume you'll catch only CB in biomes, so with gold trophy... it's batch of 7 more eggs every other day with incubation:

Red dragons:

14 days BSA cooldown

14/2 = 7 batches

with 7 eggs per each batch => 7*7 = 49 eggs to incubate each 14 days

Pink dragons:

7 days BSA cooldown

7/2 = 3.5 or 4 batches

with 7 eggs per each batch => 3.5*7 or 4*7 = 24.5 or 28 eggs to influence each 7 days

Formula: ( [number of days of BSA cooldown] / [number of days, after which you get more eggs] ) * [number of new eggs]

So you'll need 49 Reds and 25 or 28 male Pinks and 25 or 28 female Pinks. More if you're catching with higher speed. For example when obtaining incuhatchable eggs (5 or less days left), you'll be constantly hatch-locked (21 new eggs that hatch "instantly" each 3 days) and will need 98 or 105 Reds and 49 or 63 male Pinks and 49 or 63 female Pinks. For platinum trophy, it's 112 or 120 Reds and 56 or 72 male Pinks and 56 or 72 female Pinks. Of course you'll need more if you don't keep your hatchlings => are able to catch even more.

......I'm farther behind on reds than I thought.   Thank you Anemonis!

Okay cool, I'll keep this saved somewhere so I can remember it in case I forget. So I am right about the new number. Awesome. I'll still get that many pinks, despite aeons making their job easier. Thank you so much for your response!

Edited by IlaQuickel

I was actually wondering about this myself! I always seem to be running out of BSAs, so thank you for putting a formula together. So helpful :)

Huh. I think I've gotten a little confused.

When I did the math for my scroll, I figured you can only hatch an egg every four days, three with incubate. Why would there be a batch of eggs every other day?

I figured you get roughly two batches of eggs a week, and incubate takes 2 weeks to cooldown, so that's 4 batches x 7 slots = 28 Reds.

The Pinks cool down in one week, so that's 2 batches x 7 slots - 14 Pinks.

It sounds like you're suggesting there's a way to have more than 2 batches per week. I suppose if you catch low-time eggs from the AP, but I rarely see BSA dragons in the AP.

If I'm confused, please enlighten me lol!

I'm way way way way WAY too lazy to put that much effort into something like this, but I am really fascinated with the math actually. I'm with Twimm though, just a little confused on that discrepancy haha 

@Twimm an egg can hatch at 4d0hrs, so it only takes 3 days to hatch (and 2 with incubate). 

So yeah, with diligence, luck, and BSAs, we can have a new batch of eggs every other day!

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, coffee hasn't kicked in yet, so my logic might be all over the place.)

Toyo, you're not wrong. With incubate an egg can hatch as early as exactly 48 hours after caught or bred. With that, and diligence in hatchery use, we can have 7 batches of eggs in a 14 day period. We'll run into hatchling lock with that periodically though, as hatchlings take 72 hours to be able to grow up once they hatch.

Aha! That makes sense, Toyo - I was getting egglock mixed in and confusing my numbers a little.

Usually if I want eggs that quick, though, I just run to the AP ^_^ I have about 14 Reds right now, I definitely need more Pinks.

Bringing back this thread because it seems the most relevant to my question - how many Purples do you to try to have now that their BSA mostly prevents refusals?

I was an English major, so I need help with the math. XD

Edited by LibbyLishly

This is probably more difficult to calculate than for Reds or Pinks since it depends on how often you breed untested pairs.

I tried to do the maths and the result was: you need as many Purples as you have breedable dragons. All your dragons must be Purples.

(I have 127 and I think it's enough. I almost ran out last year and collected more for that reason, so I don't think I have too many.)

49 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

All your dragons must be Purples.

Sounds about right. XD

(But thanks for the number from your scroll. Gives me a good idea of what my Purple goal is going to need to be.)

I'm also needing to bring this thread back up to ask a math question because I suck at math. 

How long would it take me to breed and then grow 1,024 eggs (with platinum trophy)? I have enough reds to always have them incubated per 8 egg breeding batch. 

In theory, if you do nothing else, your eggs hatch as soon as possible, you immediately fill the egg slots again, and all your breeding attempts give you the egg you need?

You can hatch 8 eggs every 2 days. (You can ignore hatchlings. They grow up fast enough to make room before you need it.)

You need to breed 8 eggs 128 times.

1st batch of 8 eggs is bred on day 0.

2nd batch of 8 eggs is bred on day 2.

3rd batch of 8 eggs is bred on day 4.

128th batch of 8 eggs is bred on day 254. This last batch will grow up 5 days later, on day 259.

46 minutes ago, Confused Cat said:

In theory, if you do nothing else, your eggs hatch as soon as possible, you immediately fill the egg slots again, and all your breeding attempts give you the egg you need?

You can hatch 8 eggs every 2 days. (You can ignore hatchlings. They grow up fast enough to make room before you need it.)

128th batch of 8 eggs is bred on day 254. This last batch will grow up 5 days later, on day 259.

Thank you, for some reason I wasn't able to understand at first that I didn't need to account for hatchlings XD" This ended up being a better number than I thought. Thank you, Confused Cat!