Bronze
10 6 10%

Silver
50 7 15%

Gold
300 8 25%

Platinum
500 10 40%

I don't think I will ever have 300 Zombies not even gonna discuss 500.... Undead dragons are their own breeds not altogether to own that many so I would go with something more reasonable for higher KILL limits than this suggestion :mellow:

I think this is a nice idea, although it would be better still if the numbers needed to achieve each trophy were lower, alas making them more attainable.

How about just having an aesthetic badge on obtaining your first zombie dragon? And perhaps a system like with the Trios, as in the more zombies you have, the higher the success rate. I don't really think the kills limit needs to be increased or that there needs to be a special trophy system for one particular breed of dragon o.o

Zombies are just a different dragon type and one that not everyone is interested in collecting. For this reason I don't think a badge is necessary.

No support from me unfortunately. As someone who only has two zombies seven years apart from each other, this will be very impossible. 

1 hour ago, raindear said:

Zombies are just a different dragon type and one that not everyone is interested in collecting. For this reason I don't think a badge is necessary.

This is my feeling, too. This suggestion doesn't really make sense to me on the basis that we don't get trophies for collecting any other breeds. If we were to add a badge of any sort for zombies, people would likely want them for their other favourite breeds, too.

What I could get behind is a system like Clara suggested, where your chances of obtaining more are increased by the number you have on your scroll. Or a generic 'hoarder' badge for anyone who has over 100 of any particular breed, but without specifying what that breed actually is. Either of those suggestions I'd be happy enough with, but not specifically a badge for collecting zombies. 

Um, yeah, do you know how unbelievably difficult it is to obtain zombies? The kill rate is dismal, and more often then not the dragons will "dodge" the blade anyways. It would probably take 3-5 years for an avid zombie-maker to make 200 zombies, so 300 and 500 are pretty dang high.

I also really agree that this really doesn't make sense and isn't needed... As said, Zombies are simply a different breed of dragon. They are gotten by unique means, yes, but does that really warrant a special badge? What about Prizes, and Silvers/Golds, they are just as hard to obtain, why don't they get a badge? We don't get badges just for collecting a certain breed, and I don't think we should.

However I *totally* support Clara's suggestion, I think an increase in the chance of success based on how many zombies you already have would be totally understandable and I'd really like that.

3 hours ago, Clara (: said:

How about just having an aesthetic badge on obtaining your first zombie dragon? And perhaps a system like with the Trios, as in the more zombies you have, the higher the success rate. I don't really think the kills limit needs to be increased or that there needs to be a special trophy system for one particular breed of dragon o.o

I could get behind this. but NOT a trophy.

Nice idea (and I can see the point) but only if the required numbers needed were made much more realistic.

There are only 16 subtypes so far. Depending on the goal pople have, some will collect 1 each (16), some 2(pairs->32), some 3(1 per sprite->48), and others 5(full set of sprites and genders->80), few would hoard bigger sets, seing your requirements idea I assume you want to hoard hard?

Eg.  I won't collect more than 80. +5 per new subtype that will probably get introduced somewhen in the future (like in th ecase of the Baikala release)

There are 8 main morphological subtypes, and 4 breeding categories, one of these 4 will only ever consist of 1 subtype (drak), meaning the absolute maximum of zombie subtypes DC will ever have is 25... with the goal of 5 per subtype I have, it's max 125 zombies total EVER. Now count the maximums for the goals of 3, 2 and 1... 75, 50 and 25...  and it's still very far away from us to see a zombie for each subtype in each breeding category... 9 yet to go and it's within the rarely released two-heads and pygmies... probably won't happen within 2 years...

Not to mention how damn few zombies one can make... Since the expansion release I was trying hard (my scroll is filled with fodders nearly all the time except release periods becasue I don't collect anything for the older breeds anymore, except for trying for a male sitting alt Black from my pair and doing the holiday breedings) and I have nearly 30 by now (hatchlings mostly), and based on what I'm seeing my success rate is pretty high compared to the average... (about 20% in the last 3 tries) - It's literally years of trying hard and not doing breeding projects DC is mostly about to plenty of players... Nope. The suggested required numbers are nuts... ^^;

So I suggest the maximal required numbers to be:

Bronze: 10

Silver: 20

Gold: 50

Platinum: 100

The numbers are still high but at least more realistic. 500 is absolutely nuts... I can't imagine more than a few people EVER reaching 500 zombies if at all (for comparison, the Platinum scroll trophy is pretty frequent to see)...

alternative numbers can be:

Trophies for a specific breed says collecting them is more important than any other play-style.   This game is very big on the idea that all play-styles are welcomed and encouraged.  And that's beside the point of the ridiculous numbers you have there.  Unless there are trophies for every other breed as well (which is also ridiculous and not something I want) why should zombies be special?  and what about those who only want certain numbers of something on their scrolls? 

I might be able to get behind the idea of a Hoarder badge though.  As long as it was "any breed" with more than X number.  but I don't really see that that adds to the game either.  (and it also goes against some people's scroll goals)

Edited by DragonLady86

3 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

This game is very big on the idea that all play-styles are welcomed and encouraged. 

About this I have to disagree quite strongly... if that was true there would be no single-genders (because collecting a MF set is usually one of the first minimal goals one can think about and is impossible), no such strict limits on GoN numbers (because everyone collecting above 3 of anything is excluded from reaching their goals), no no-hatchie breeds (Sinos have excluded all players who have any goals with any number and type of hatchlings per breed e.g. a minimal 1 per sprite goal; and it's a very recent one:(), no breed CB limits such low as 2 or at all (variety of goals that focus on blank lineage), no no CBs after initial release (any number of CBs per breed goal), [probably players with less consevuently-completionist goals could find sth else...] maybe even no Undeads as we have them (excludes players who play against any kind of killing of their critters, since Zombies are untradeable, I've already seen such voices)

Honestly I feel my playstyle is highly discourged and by at least a few of the above...

To me Zombies behave differently enough from regular breeds... first of they are about death instead of birth&life andaren't a breed on its own like others but require other breeds to transform into it. Are untradeable ulike other dragons, with exception of GoN which is kinda a persistency and achievement badge on its own, just incorporated into the scroll...

Egg & Treat Baskets involve special hunt not everyone is into as well, which requires being there for many hours within a very short period of time - during a holiday and only then, once in forever per batch... Maybe it doesn't go as far as influence the scroll but still, to fill them for the year you have to change your playstyle during the holiday.

But most of all, there are plenty of odd exceptions, many going against certain playstyles&goals by even making them literally impossible - which is why "but other breeds aren't like that/don't have it" is not a valid conrargument on DC... it never was, as samples above show...

Edited by VixenDra

4 hours ago, VixenDra said:

About this I have to disagree quite strongly... if that was true there would be no single-genders (because collecting a MF set is usually one of the first minimal goals one can think about and is impossible), no such strict limits on GoN numbers (because everyone collecting above 3 of anything is excluded from reaching their goals), no no-hatchie breeds (Sinos have excluded all players who have any goals with any number and type of hatchlings per breed e.g. a minimal 1 per sprite goal; and it's a very recent one:(), no breed CB limits such low as 2 or at all (variety of goals that focus on blank lineage), no no CBs after initial release (any number of CBs per breed goal), [probably players with less consevuently-completionist goals could find sth else...] maybe even no Undeads as we have them (excludes players who play against any kind of killing of their critters, since Zombies are untradeable, I've already seen such voices)

Bu you can choose your playstyle within all that. The ONLY thing I can sympathise (but not agree with) here is completionist collecting taken together with  the single sex holidays - and if it really bothers someone not to have a specimen of each sex, they can simply not collect them. The only playstyle they impact on is completionism. On the whole I am a completionist myself - BUT - I shall not try to complete my zombies; some parts of completionism are too much like hard work rather than fun.

To me Zombies behave differently enough from regular breeds... first of they are about death instead of birth&life andaren't a breed on its own like others but require other breeds to transform into it. Are untradeable ulike other dragons, with exception of GoN which is kinda a persistency and achievement badge on its own, just incorporated into the scroll...

Well, we have quite a few like that - add Sinos, for instance. We can't even choose their sex.

Egg & Treat Baskets involve special hunt not everyone is into as well, which requires being there for many hours within a very short period of time - during a holiday and only then, once in forever per batch... Maybe it doesn't go as far as influence the scroll but still, to fill them for the year you have to change your playstyle during the holiday.

Still - as you say - all this doesn't affect the actual GAME.

But most of all, there are plenty of odd exceptions, many going against certain playstyles&goals by even making them literally impossible - which is why "but other breeds aren't like that/don't have it" is not a valid conrargument on DC... it never was, as samples above show...

I agree with the no badge bbt - but not with the "because playstyle" bit - except numerically. I don't think a badge for massive numbers of any single breed is a reason for a badge, and being forced to collect them to qualify is - not my playstyle ;)

tl;dr

No badge should be dependent on a specific playstyle - which hoarding ANY breed would be..

My "no" to this suggestion goes beyond "because playstyles". Sure Zombies are "different" in how they are obtained... But so are Sinos, and Vamps, and GoNs. Vamps in particular are very similar to Zombies in the fact that you have to use a different breed that you turn into that breed. So... if Zombies get a special badge, why not Vamps too? But also, in general, it feels very... discriminatory... To say "hoarding zombies deserves a badge, but hoarding any other breed does not". I would be able to get behind a *generic* "hoarding" badge, for collecting a certain number of *any* breed, but to limit it to Zombies simply because they are "unique"... That's not a good enough reason imo. And then there's the fact that making Zombies in the first place is so unreasonably difficult, and no matter how low you set the criteria (which needs to be waaaaaay lower then the OP's suggestion!) there *will* be players who try for years without success. If it was just a matter of grabbing them out of the biomes (or trading for them), then everyone would have a bit of a chance to obtain the badge. But making zombies is such a crapshoot that getting that badge may well be impossible for some, even if they really do try.

2 hours ago, Marie19R said:

My "no" to this suggestion goes beyond "because playstyles". Sure Zombies are "different" in how they are obtained... But so are Sinos, and Vamps, and GoNs. Vamps in particular are very similar to Zombies in the fact that you have to use a different breed that you turn into that breed. So... if Zombies get a special badge, why not Vamps too? But also, in general, it feels very... discriminatory... To say "hoarding zombies deserves a badge, but hoarding any other breed does not". I would be able to get behind a *generic* "hoarding" badge, for collecting a certain number of *any* breed, but to limit it to Zombies simply because they are "unique"... That's not a good enough reason imo. And then there's the fact that making Zombies in the first place is so unreasonably difficult, and no matter how low you set the criteria (which needs to be waaaaaay lower then the OP's suggestion!) there *will* be players who try for years without success. If it was just a matter of grabbing them out of the biomes (or trading for them), then everyone would have a bit of a chance to obtain the badge. But making zombies is such a crapshoot that getting that badge may well be impossible for some, even if they really do try.

This sums up my feelings exactly. I don't really understand why a badge would even be warranted. Zombies are hard to create and unique... and the reward is getting them on your scroll? I don't understand why another reward would be necessary on top of that. 

On 9/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, 888888 said:

I think this is a nice idea, although it would be better still if the numbers needed to achieve each trophy were lower, alas making them more attainable.

Agreed 5 for a bronze, 10 for a silver, 20 for a gold, 40 for a platinum sounds more reasonable to me.