Dalek Raptor

Raise the Hours on Ward

57 posts in this topic

On 8/11/2017 at 8:47 AM, FoxintheBox said:

I don't understand why Ward can't and doesn't work/transfer to hatchies when the egg hatches.... Why can't 6 hours last out even if the egg hatches- hatchlings get sick too, so why give us a sickness protection for eggs only and nothing for hatchies?

 

For what it's worth, I've looked into this and as far as I'm aware it does carry over. I did find an issue where the "protected" message never displayed for hatchlings, which I'll fix soon.

Share this post


Link to post

I had a Zyu that was ER, so i warded it then added it to some ERs because of how annoying they are to hatch. The instant it hatched (one hour after i warded it), it was sick and I had to fog it (it is still fogged just in case). So no, i dont believe it carries over.

 

And is there any reason why hatchies are unable to be warded?

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Tiki G said:

I had a Zyu that was ER, so i warded it then added it to some ERs because of how annoying they are to hatch. The instant it hatched (one hour after i warded it), it was sick and I had to fog it (it is still fogged just in case). So no, i dont believe it carries over.

 

Ward has never prevented sickness, just death from sickness. The sickness message appears on warded eggs too, but the message is followed by "Thankfully, it has a protective barrier to keep it from harm." That extra bit is missing from hatchling, but it's a visual bug only.

2 hours ago, Tiki G said:

And is there any reason why hatchies are unable to be warded?

Hatchlings are so unlikely to die of sickness compared to eggs that allowing using it on hatchlings feels like a trap, more-or-less letting people to waste their uses.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

 

Ward has never prevented sickness, just death from sickness. The sickness message appears on warded eggs too, but the message is followed by "Thankfully, it has a protective barrier to keep it from harm." That extra bit is missing from hatchling, but it's a visual bug only.

Okay, thank you for letting us know that it does carry over and that the text not showing is just a glitch. 

 

I would still like to see Ward raised, maybe up to 8~9 hours that way it'd allow people to sleep easy without having to worry about their eggs dying of they have to leave it in a hatchery overnight (especially the rarer ones)

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Okay, thank you for letting us know that it does carry over and that the text not showing is just a glitch. 

 

I would still like to see Ward raised, maybe up to 8~9 hours that way it'd allow people to sleep easy without having to worry about their eggs dying of they have to leave it in a hatchery overnight (especially the rarer ones)

 

1+ that (y)

Share this post


Link to post

This is

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

 

For what it's worth, I've looked into this and as far as I'm aware it does carry over. I did find an issue where the "protected" message never displayed for hatchlings, which I'll fix soon.

 

This is good news. Thank you, TJ.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.