Moonlight_Eevee

Raise the Hours on Ward

On 8/11/2017 at 8:47 AM, FoxintheBox said:

I don't understand why Ward can't and doesn't work/transfer to hatchies when the egg hatches.... Why can't 6 hours last out even if the egg hatches- hatchlings get sick too, so why give us a sickness protection for eggs only and nothing for hatchies?

For what it's worth, I've looked into this and as far as I'm aware it does carry over. I did find an issue where the "protected" message never displayed for hatchlings, which I'll fix soon.

I had a Zyu that was ER, so i warded it then added it to some ERs because of how annoying they are to hatch. The instant it hatched (one hour after i warded it), it was sick and I had to fog it (it is still fogged just in case). So no, i dont believe it carries over.

And is there any reason why hatchies are unable to be warded?

2 hours ago, Tiki G said:

I had a Zyu that was ER, so i warded it then added it to some ERs because of how annoying they are to hatch. The instant it hatched (one hour after i warded it), it was sick and I had to fog it (it is still fogged just in case). So no, i dont believe it carries over.

Ward has never prevented sickness, just death from sickness. The sickness message appears on warded eggs too, but the message is followed by "Thankfully, it has a protective barrier to keep it from harm." That extra bit is missing from hatchling, but it's a visual bug only.

2 hours ago, Tiki G said:

And is there any reason why hatchies are unable to be warded?

Hatchlings are so unlikely to die of sickness compared to eggs that allowing using it on hatchlings feels like a trap, more-or-less letting people to waste their uses.

2 hours ago, TJ09 said:

Ward has never prevented sickness, just death from sickness. The sickness message appears on warded eggs too, but the message is followed by "Thankfully, it has a protective barrier to keep it from harm." That extra bit is missing from hatchling, but it's a visual bug only.

Okay, thank you for letting us know that it does carry over and that the text not showing is just a glitch. 

I would still like to see Ward raised, maybe up to 8~9 hours that way it'd allow people to sleep easy without having to worry about their eggs dying of they have to leave it in a hatchery overnight (especially the rarer ones)

5 minutes ago, Dalek Raptor said:

Okay, thank you for letting us know that it does carry over and that the text not showing is just a glitch. 

I would still like to see Ward raised, maybe up to 8~9 hours that way it'd allow people to sleep easy without having to worry about their eggs dying of they have to leave it in a hatchery overnight (especially the rarer ones)

1+ that (y)

This is

5 hours ago, TJ09 said:

For what it's worth, I've looked into this and as far as I'm aware it does carry over. I did find an issue where the "protected" message never displayed for hatchlings, which I'll fix soon.

This is good news. Thank you, TJ.

Thank you, TJ09!!

This hatchling seems sick. It hasn’t been eating lately and it doesn’t move very much. Thankfully, it has a protective barrier to keep it from harm.       

I still support this. Something needs to be done. Completely random people are losing eggs in the blink of an eye.

Honestly sickness just needs to finally be done away with; this entire mess is proving its still extremely broken and only serves as an easy way for people to destroy irreplaceable pieces of another person's gameplay experience. CBs can, in theory, be caught again (but not always... its the holidays so many people are busy) but there's only one chance a year to breed Christmas dragons. Its ridiculous that nasty trolls can just wipe those eggs out. Imo, its long past time to stop allowing this to happen.

17 minutes ago, Bison said:

I still support this. Something needs to be done. Completely random people are losing eggs in the blink of an eye.

Honestly sickness just needs to finally be done away with; this entire mess is proving its still extremely broken and only serves as an easy way for people to destroy irreplaceable pieces of another person's gameplay experience. CBs can, in theory, be caught again (but not always... its the holidays so many people are busy) but there's only one chance a year to breed Christmas dragons. Its ridiculous that nasty trolls can just wipe those eggs out. Imo, its long past time to stop allowing this to happen.

Agreed, it's a stupid feature and what little it dose do doesn't really outweigh how easily exploitable it is.

20 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Agreed, it's a stupid feature and what little it dose do doesn't really outweigh how easily exploitable it is.

At the very least, users should have a little more control over how their eggs are posted, like click sites requiring the account password as well, or requiring a verification from the person's scroll.

Edited by leaf0701

12 hours ago, Bison said:

I second this. I lost a Shimmerscale Hatchi due to this and ward didn't do a thing. 

Doesn't matter if they require a password. If EATW required one, once your eggs are in there, the very fact that the whole site is being bombed means that all eggs in there will be bombed, passwords or not. And there are so MANY other ways to bomb people. This you can see from the fact that someone has been able to bomb the whole EATW site. As ext said somewhere, this can be done to any fan site.

When I was bombed a couple of weeks ago, warding the last three eggs I had DID save them. So it is NOT useless.

Edited by fuzzbucket

What if ward could be used multiple times for less usage each time?

Ie 1st white dragon used on egg A = 6 hrs, 2nd = 3hrs, 3rd = 1/1.5 hrs, etc...

1st white dragon used on egg B = 6hrs

So it discourages using multiple wards, but if you had enough white dragons and enough time to bother warding, you could ward your egg for over 6 hours?

I'd reduce the time lost to multiple uses before agreeing, but while it's a good idea it doesn't really help the core problem of "is less than a good night's sleep" and "six hours frequently is not long enough to recover and people have lives" (unless using Ward multiple times before it wears off also stacks).

6 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

I'd reduce the time lost to multiple uses before agreeing, but while it's a good idea it doesn't really help the core problem of "is less than a good night's sleep" and "six hours frequently is not long enough to recover and people have lives" (unless using Ward multiple times before it wears off also stacks).

Oh I meant that it would stack

So I could go ward an egg like 10 times for some 12 hours of wardage or something so one could actually go to sleep

I support it too!

Make it 12 hrs and DONT wear off after hatching, so one can get some sleep AND the baby doesnt die right away after hatching because it wear off... I dont want to know how many hatchlings died when they were sick as an egg, hatched and died suddenly....Its just horrible to imagine ;_;

First thing in life they acually see is their unavoidable death!

EDIT:

Okay, didnt saw TJ already answered ti the 'wear off after hatching' thing, so just forget it BUT 12 Hours should be in, i want to sleep without nightmares of waking up to dead eggs.

Edited by Yubelchen