Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

I could always make one XD

I've always wanted to take a pottery class.

Well now you have to.

You can't just say that and then not follow through!

Well in RL I'm a bit more sensible than in your dreams XD

I spend my money more on food. I will be broke but never hungry XD

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

The power was off for three hours. I do hope it stays on today.

So far, so good today.

The weird thing with this so-called loadshedding is that some areas go off two and even three times while other areas never go off at all. Seems rather unfair.

I got my tire replaced, finally.

i agree, that doesn't seem right

in other news, my black cat (named Blackie, LOL) has some sort of injury on the underside of one of his front legs.  we thought it was getting better, but then earlier this week he started limping again.  he's been getting better as the week has progressed, but now he did a bit of limping today, and i really don't know if it really is healing.  he's going to the vet saturday morning. *sigh* 😾

That doesn't sound good. I hope the vet is able to help.

I have to go home briefly this evening to receive a turtle. I will be turtle sitting till the 19th.

i'm pretty sure she will - she knows more about cat physiology than i do :) the only thing i hope is that we don't have to give him meds, like antibiotics or something.  blackie is squirmier than my other cat and will need me and hubby to give him meds, and then the blackie will probably pee on the rug or somewhere.  also a lot of times when hubby takes either cat, he never asks them All The Questions, like if they say "do this" he says "okay" but won't ask "for how long." if a cat gets meds, he won't ask if they can give the first dose. *sigh*  i'll probably need to follow up with the vet afterwards for all the specifics. *also sigh*

edit:  turtle sitting sounds pretty cool!

Edited by trystan

Turtle is surprisingly noisy, flipping about in the water.

IMG-20190808-WA0003.thumb.jpeg.f0215955f2f16947559ea9312f382d6b.jpeg

aw, turtle is cute!

and - just like people, make a Drs appt, and now Blackie's leg looks much better and he's walking as usual. i'll take a few looks at him tomorrow a few times and decide by like dinner time if we're going to keep it or cancel it (and reschedule it if needed)

Mornin'. Aww, that's a cute turtle you have there, Lagie. :) Way back when my mom and dad still lived together and I hadn't been born yet, they had two red-eared sliders as pets. Plus two cats and later an aquarium.

People and pets always get better right before the appointment, right, trystan? XD

Hi, Fortune! Are you missing Spirit this week? In my dreams last night, you and I decided not to visit her because South Aftrica was too dangerous.

That's many creatures, Saz. Do they still have lots? (I am only turtle sitting Speedy.)

I myself don't have any pets anymore, and neither does my father. But my mom has a cat, we like to call it our cat as he's very special to me and he absolutely adores me and whenever my mom goes out of town, she always asks me first to cat-sit him. Years ago when I still lived with my mother, I got to know this kitty and his sister (she sadly passed away around 3-4 years ago) and it was love at first sight. :wub: He's a real dork of a cat, super affectionate and kind of scared of everything.

It's funny how you just 'click' with certain animals over others. And animals with people, too. I took a prospective adopter out back in our shelter one day, a kind of scruffy-looking older black man. Most of the dogs went berserk, letting him know they were not interested in him picking them, and this one large snappy dog who didn't even get along with most of the staff just completely melted up at the fence trying to get to him. Love at first sight on the dog's part for certain.

8 hours ago, Lagie said:

People and pets always get better right before the appointment, right, trystan? XD

of course!

and today his leg looks MUCH better, so i officially cancelled tomorrow's appointment.

i worked this morning, but i need to be back there in an hour, because my daughter ALSO works there (same retail job) and she's done in a hour XD 

Glad he's better, trystan!

I have just realized the page number is one of the apartment numbers I lived in in Toronto many years ago.

oh i am too!

hmm, i've lived at 24, 27, 126, 480, 800 .... and now i'm at 54 :) 

412, 805, 1417, ... um, I've blanked on the Vancouver numbers ... , 8569, 302.

Back to work tomorrow (i.e. less time for DC :(  ).