Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Wow. Having the power go out that often sounds pretty unreal to me. :blink: Like, what the heck is going on in there?

We have very old, badly maintained generators thanks to 40+ years of government corruption. They can only provide 80% of the required wattage at any time IF all of them are working... third world, yes we are.

update: hubby likes the idea of taking my mom's car to move daughter to college, since we can drop it back off at like 10 at night! woot!

See? It all works out in the end! :D

I think I am coming down with something. Sore throat and runny nose. And if I don't go in, the shop doesn't open today... sigh.

At least the power stayed on last night! :)

Oof. I hate getting sick, for some reason all the common colds I get viciously assault my throat and leave it super sore for days after everything else goes away. :dry: I hope you get better soon, Lagie.

I've had to kill SO many flies in my house today. I swear, every time I open my window it's like an invitation for all the bugs in the city to come swarming in to my place... but it's pretty hot inside and it's nice and windy outside, and I really really want to keep my window open but then I'll have flies buzzing all around my house and wake me up ungodly early in the morning... uuuuuuugh.

there's a time period, i think it's late spring? we get a LOT of flies in the house.  i just let them die off, and the cats don't catch them for me. LOL

and Lagie, that's no fun... i hate being sick. bleh.  i know it's summer, but try some chicken soup?

About to have chicken soup now, then early to bed.

*poofs, sniffling...*

ETA... power is out. Too hot to sleep and my bedroom is full of someone's generator fumes... *dies*

Edited by Lagie
Can't sleep...

well that's not good.  i know i'm replying 2 hours later, but my offer is still open - we have a/c and wifi.  and you can use older daughter's room, she's not here this week :)

seriously though, feel better!  🤗

Hehehe. Thanks! I shall keep that in mind if I need to evacuate for a storm this year! We are so doomed if one actually hits here.

you're quite welcome!

and that sounds really scary if a storm hits you!

And lo, poof went the power, two hours early, just as I sat down after work. I wonder how difficult it would be to move me back to Canada...

It was out three hours at the shop today, too.

of course that's when the power goes out. *sigh*

maybe look into moving back to Canada then? no power outages, not really hurricanes either :) 

Hi!

Oh wow, that sounds really broken.

I am playing a complex board game with two friends as a campaign and we are having fun and are getting better at the game. Still a few mistakes here and there.

Hope you all are fine and getting well.

Board games are fun! I haven't actually played one in a very long time, though.

*melts*

*soaks it up*

Thanks! I needed that.

I am too sick for the pool.

*wheezes*

It's the wheezing that scares me. Exercise exacerbates it. I've been pondering pulling out the nebulizer, but that was not an option while the power was out.

well that doesn't sound good.

but if your nebulizer  needs power, yeah, it's not going to work if it's out

🤗

Three hours. Almost to the minute. But at least it's on before bedtime tonight.

Actually, I don't. I use ceiling and standing fans at night. The electricity bills for running a/c are probitively expensive. Figures, right? The fuel surcharge to run these ridiculous generators is often more than the actual usage part of our bills.

oh wow.  but yeah i get that a/c is expensive - we just had a doozy of an electric bill this last one ... because our a/c was always running. but yeah, i get fans as well, and as long as the power is on, you have the fans :) 

Exactly! It was a good night, in fact, and I managed to sleep in this morning. It's a bright sunshiney day!

yaaay for a good night!

it's a bright humid day for me, and i have to be at work at 2 p.m. - a little over two hours from now