Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

yaay for being off! my next day off is august 16th :blink:

also, toppage! yaay!

Edited by trystan
toppage

Cuffage, hehehe...

https://dragcave.net/lineage/pg5c6

That's a long way off!

Power is back on. It was off for three hours. And the generator turns out to be manual, not automatic, and I don't know how this one works.

hehehehe....

eh, it's next friday.  it'll be here before i know it.

glad the power's back, not so much for a manual generator :blink:

The house stayed remarkably cool, and I actually enjoyed the quiet. Fans and a/c make a lot of noise.

i completely agree.... i have a fan on my desk next to where i have my laptop, and if it's on high, it's too loud and i can't hear whatever tv show i'm watching on my laptop XD

The fan in my office is too loud to think by. I'd rather melt. Supposedly, that office will be the next to have an a/c unit installed once the electricity source is worked out.

i keep our office a/c - it's a window unit - on low, as it's too loud on medium or high.  i'd rather NOT melt, LOL.

definitely yaay for a/c

I only had a small desk fan up until this summer, when my mom brought me her old, much bigger fan as she didn't need it anymore. It made life so much more tolerable. :lol:

Finally home. Man, I had to almost literally drag myself all the way from the train station to here... suddenly all of my luggage started feeling heavier than lead. But I'm glad it's all over now. I really miss my dad already, he lives so far away that I can only really visit him once or twice a year, but... life is life. At least I can now play all the games I want instead of being forced to play just the one game my dad's age-old laptop can run. :D

Welcome home, Saz! Glad you made it safely.

We also need to get a wall unit for our art gallery at the shop, but we'll need to save up for that.

welcome home, Saz.... did you say your trip was 12 hours? wow.

my younger daughter goes out to college in just under 2 weeks, and that's a 6 hour drive!

ooh, an art gallery :)

Six hours is plenty long to drive!

It's an art and lots of other stuff mess at the moment but three of us are going in on Saturday to sort it out.

There was a time when my dad lived in the southern area of my country and every time we went to spend a holiday up north at our summer cottage, we'd drive all the way there... it's around 900 kilometres from point A to point B, and my dad always did it in one go, no stopping in-between to sleep and only one or two breaks to get something to eat. And we did this every summer. :D My dad is freaking amazing. Nowadays I go by train because I'm absolutely terrified of flying, but it still takes a real long time to get there. But I can manage.

Saz - so i did a quickie google, from Philly to Pittsburgh - across the state - that's about 5ish hours (with no stopping) and about 490 kilometres.  sounds like your journey is a little less than our drive to Pittsburgh and back, but yours is only one way. but wow for no stopping! i can't imagine that - since we stop at least once, maybe twice, out to Pittsburgh....

Lagie - take before and after pictures!

I'll try to temember to, trystan!

I did 1001 km of driving (appprox 622 miles) while I was away but that was spread over nine days.

i try to take in-progress pictures when i'm making something, but not always.

i don't do a lot of driving - my one job is 12ish miles round trip and my other is about 7ish round trip.  my car racks up the mileage when we go out out pittsburgh. LOL

I am always surprised how many miles I put on my car when this island is so small.

Power is out for the second time today. I am very glad I grabbed one of my solar lights when I went home earlier.

that does seem surprising, agreed.

i think it finally stopped thunderstorming here.  for now

No storms here. This is loadshedding. I am almost tempted to go to my own home where the power is still on but I do not want to desert the dogs.

Good morning. I woke up to the sound of a fly buzzing around in my room, I wanted to stay in bed and try to sleep some more but that thing was so annoying, I just jumped up from the bed and ran around the house chasing after the stupid thing. :lol: So I got some morning excercise done there, I guess. How are you folks?

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

That would be awesome.... but nope I didn't XD

Hi there Saz!

I'm good... for now XD

*huggles Spirit*

Oh good XD I was worrying about what you were going to eat. 

I will make a plan XD

Oh my word I can't spell today.

It took me 10 minutes on how to spell plan