Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Well that's basically the first row of buildings on the school grounds.

And basically all the science and biology at the point burned down.

But I have to say the school grounds have changed a lot. Was there on Saturday for the interschools.

Interschools is over... Thankfully!

I think if I had one more to do I would have gone crazy

I hope for your part as well!

Let me know how it goes!

Hope the viewing goes well' @Fortune86!

Hello, CPA! B)

*sets out chunks of coconut*

It is from the tree out front.

I am very sleepy.

I sure have my not being really there phase but still playing DC.

Glad to see that you are here and active.

Good to see you, Tiger!

The current Photo Contest voting is now open. Go. Vote. (even if it's not for me! XD )

Good morning peeps!

9 hours ago, Lagie said:

*sets out chunks of coconut*

*throws coconut into the ocean*

SPIRIT!

*snuggles*

It went pretty well. o3o

By the looks of it everything is in decent nick, though in need of a good clean because the house has been standing empty since about Christmas. The back yard is a fair size, so good for doggies, but it has a fake lawn and wood chip area that would need to be removed. 

Solved the mystery of the bathtub shape. The first bit is supposed to be for a shower, but the partition hasn't been put up. Supposed to look like this.

Spoiler

Milan-Hinged-L-Shaped-Bath-Screen-l.jpg

Also has no actual shower bit on it, so we'd have to have that installed.

Apparently the gas and electric run on key meters. We've never heard of that before so we dunno how it works or how much it would cost a month. Forgot to ask about water supply. 

One downside is that it has no off street parking (no driveway or suchlike) so insurance costs for the car would go up (again). Also the boiler is free standing in one of the bedrooms and is not a very good make. 

Overall we were impressed and we'd like to make an offer, the hitch being we have to get our current house sorted first. 

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

Well as long there is not really big damage then all should be good.

Maybe you can bargain it a bit down due to the boiler not being a good make and the missing shower thingy or something.

Is there maybe away that you can park the car in the yard or is it completely blocked off?

Back yard is completely blocked off by other yards all around. The street looks pretty quiet though and both houses on either side are also empty. 

We're thinking of offering about 2k under the asking price, but we'll have to wait until we can talk to my dad's solicitor.

The house is in my parent's joint name, but I'm paying the mortgage. When I go I will obviously no longer pay that, so we have two options;

1) My dad and I just go, stop paying the current mortgage and allow the house to be repossessed, but this may not be legal or could create issues down the line.

2) We sell the house to a independent buyer who will give us less than the value of the house, but may be enough to pay off the mortgage and may even net my mum and dad a small amount of money (none for me because I'm not on the deeds). Ideally this is the best option, but will need mum's approval and she may be difficult about it. 

Ugh yeah... Your mom is going to cause trouble. I can see it.

Talk to the solicitor maybe they have away they can force her. I mean she still want's money out of it. If she wants that then she will have to sign stuff.

I think the bugbear will be all her stuff she still has here. I don't think she has found a place to live yet and is still in rented accommodation. That means if we sell our house or have it repossessed or anything she'll have nowhere to store it. She'll blame us and threaten to sue most likely. 

How in the world can she even do that?

When you guys move out and everything she is not you problem anymore.

I don't think she actually could sue us, but my anxiety won't let me 100% believe it. It's more the stress of the situation that neither my dad or I want.  We just want to make a fresh start, but keep getting caught on stuff. 

Just point her to one of those storage places and just dump all her stuff in there. That's what I'd wish you could do.

The area around me has loads of cars parked on the roads and I hate it cause they take up the whole lane while there's plenty of driveway space they could park.

Freestanding boiler in the bedroom of all places!? That's just weird.

Speaking of, how many bedrooms is it?

Well just let the solicitor write up a contract that state the situation and that she can't sue you cause she wasn't paying at all anyway.

Hi there MP!

Hey MP.

If we take the stuff to storage for her she'll expect us to pay for it. If we don't we'll rant and rave that we're not taking care of her stuff.

My mother is one of those people where no matter what, you can't win.

Two bedrooms. Could be three, but the third is an attic room with low ceilings. Not really suited for much more than storage. Or possibly hiding Spirit in.

Make her pay you for looking after her stuff :P

Also good work chucking the coconut in the ocean!

EDIT: And I meant direct her to a storage unit. You could help her move the items over but let her know that you will not be paying for the unit. I'm sure a solicitor would be able to get something out that says "You will have your possessions out of the house by this date or they will be thrown out".

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Hey I gladly live in that part of the house. From the photo it looks nice and cozy