Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

I'm 12. Fr**king 12.

Anyways, got another one of my niche genes one (this time it's the most ANNOYING gene :/)

I doubt I would finish it anytime soon cause niche is still in early access.

You can call the cops at any time of day or night. Look the local number up online.

I agree with Fortune!

Call the police now!

If your father keeps beating you up Rainbow, next time he could seriously hurt or even kill you. Don't wait.

The police or Social Services, or at least report it to someone at school tomorrow, Rainbow.

Fortune, why aren't you in hiding today? unsure.gif

It's raining. For the first time in eons. So much for my roof being finished today. rolleyes.gif

Good morning, CPA! cool.gif

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter*

I have five small dogs at this house, and am still looking after the single lab out west until this evening. And the traffic here goes nuts when it rains. This is going to be a tricky day, going back and forth between the two.

Lagie!

*hugs*

I haven't been in hiding since last week o3o

That sounds like a lot Lagie D: I hope they all behave!

Tomorrow? There's no school tomorrow.

Anyways just finished a TERRIBLE drawing of rainbow (on sai)

I'm very new to sai and i'm only used to paper drawing.

I think I should get firealpaca?

Ehh... maybe not

He's not home right now but I should be careful when I get online and he's around.

I want my parents to divorce real bad

Rainbow call the police. Don't put it off because next time he could really hurt you.

Rainbow call the police.

Your father beat you up with a broom. He took a weapon to you.

Edited by Fortune86

I second that, Rainbow.

So far, so good with the behaviour, Fortune! Two of them are blind.

@SL: ah, I remember IB. HL Chem/SL physics destroyed my will to live. Almost there! First year uni was a lot easier than grade 12 IB imo.

@rainbow: I don't know your situation, but I know when I was 10-12 my dad threatened me verbally (and one time physically) to get off the computer because he felt I was wasting too much time on the internet and was afraid the people I was chatting to were evil internet people that will take my personal info and/or kidnap me.

Parents, right? *eyeroll*

--

On an unrelated note, I realized my parents were right about "don't eat in your room".... Crumbs, crumbs everywhere

Hello lovely people!

*smelling the popcorn, but decides to just eat a topping* cool.gif

To all who are ill: get well. Just in case Wyvern still has to recover and it is not only Lagie.

So WaterScropion:

my hand still smells like spicy ahi I:
Why?

@Fortune

Aww! The fox is cute! And the signature has changed too so you finished Persona 5?

@SoiledLove

Yes an amazing feeling and see it that way being an adult means if you freezer is divided into shelfs you can put one shelf full only with icecream or two shelfs full of icecream?

@Spirit

It will take a while. My grandmother died during a surgery and then there was Christmas and New Year... so it took more time then usual to finally have the funeral service to give one the time to process all our feelings. That was one huge step forward. And there was another complication too, but that could happen everytime of year and under every circtumstances of the death. rolleyes.gif

@Kanaye

That Fire Gem sure needs a hug. *setting up a hologram that looks like Fortune* could be helpful. Or we need an advanced illusion with more substance and also able to emit the same heat as a human being or what ever critter Fortune is. wink.gif

@Rainbowlight

A parent in this case your father can have the best intentions, but the execution is not soo good. He seems to think you should work on your computer instead of playing games and wasting your time so that your changes in the future to have a good fulfilling live are bad.

Beating with a weapon-like think is not okay. Talk to someone who you can trust and talk about what can be done. We cannot help and killing him will only bring you sorrow. But yes the hate of an teenager/child is pure and strong. I remember that.

We cannot help you from here some of us are on the other end of the world!

And our Mage is right, your father is most likely afraid that you are telling people things about you that could lead to horrible things and every parent is afraid that horrible things happens to their children.

That still does not give him the right to beat you with a broom!

@Mage

Sure, hard to believe but your parents don't always tell you that you don't should do that just to annoy you! tongue.gif My parents made me use the vacuum cleaner and since my room was nearly always a mess using that thing was not okay. wink.gif So eat something that will not produce crumbs or lay down old newspaper or something similiar.^^ Or you have to use the vacuum cleaner. If you insist of eating something in your room!

---------------------------

I am not sure if a slap in the face is beating and should be fobidden. I remember my father just yelling at me was horrible too! So forbidden to lay hands in a physical way only... does not solve the problem. Now as an adult i know parents need to punish their children for certain things. Sad but true we need that. You cannot dicuss when you are upset to a certain level and when you are too young to discuss things, because you are not capable to understand stuff. blink.gif Whatever that was that you five year old should not have done!

ETA: Soo many typos and something is wrong with a few sentences and the grammar. But hey, i am not a native speaker and also in German i sometines build funny sentences with missing words or adding words because i am thinking in a way that is too fast for writing sometimes. Like my thoughts are already on the third sentences while my fingers are typing the first sentence.

Edited by Tigerkralle

I know I was spanked as a child, with hand and with hairbrush, but I only know that from other people's telling me. I don't actually remember it myself. I don't have an issue with a small amount of physical punishment, but I do appreciate that it's a really fine line between a small amount and overboard, especially from an angry parent!

*grumbles about the person who leaves all surfaces covered when they go away so there's nowhere for Lagie to place her things when she gets to the house* mad.gif

@Tigerkralle: I'm at that stage of life where I'm starting to understand how annoying I must have been to my parents. I noticed I need to vacuum this week, after I realized how gross the carpet is starting to feel (my mom used to do it for me and now that I've moved out I've really let myself go).

~~~~~

I think there's a big difference between punishments like spanking and heat-of-the-moment outbursts because your kid did something extremely stupid (like knock all the eggs you just bought onto the floor, or making a mess in a spot you just cleaned). Neither I consider abuse, unless it happens constantly or unpredictably.

What really opened my eyes to child abuse though was the Daddyofive case that happened a week back. It's pretty horrible and really really hard to watch, but the gist of it is that the dad recorded himself emotionally abusing the youngest son (by setting up "pranks" where he destroys the kid's stuff or blamed him for things he didn't do) or straight up told the other kids to beat him up all so he could post it on Youtube -- and monetize from it. Hundreds of hours of footage. Absolutely disgusting. At least the kid and his sister are out of his custody now and back with their biological mother.

@TUM: Ahahaha, HL Computer Science ftw. The last question on our test more or less asked us to predict the future. Like, what could potentially happen in the future due to technological advancement. I was like: Uhhhhhhhh... Apocalypse? It's so vague and confusing ;-; Luckily that's over with now, though I doubt first year at Oxford will be that much easier, haha.

My parents are so chill haha. My mom believes that I'm mature and smart enough to take care of myself so she let's me run wild. Then again, I always listen to her and try my best to help out with my brother, because I'm a good kid lol. I've never been grounded before and scolding is uncommon. Except regarding my room. My room is mess. I should really clean it. But it's so troublesome... dry.gif

@Rainbow: Regardless of your father's intentions behind the act, you should inform someone so they can deal with it.

I personally am against all sorts of physical punishment, but that's just me.

@Tigerkralle: Ice cream... Mmmmm... But I'll also need a job to et the money to buy that ;-; and once I have a job and a place to put my freezer I'll have to pay rent and taxes and argh...

-

Also, videogames are good for you, so long as you don't get addicted. They increase colume of grey matter in problem solving areas of the brain, increase hyperconnectivity, and train hand-to-eye coordination, spacial navigation, and reaction speed. Just throwing that out there

@tiger: haha, yes, the important questions. well, we got a "big" tub of spicy ahi to make some spicy ahi sushi for pupus/h'orderves for mother's day dinner. Thing is the thing comes in chunks so I have to cut them up into smaller pieces. I tend to get carried away and cut them up really small, but it seemed like there were a lot of smaller pieces too so there were more pieces to cut. My fingers were constantly touching the sauce so the scent stuck to my fingers.

On a different note, that was the only thing I posted because I was really tired by that point uwu

Plus, props to you for reading "everything" and commenting. I'm too lazy to do that uwu

@Rainbow: I guess I could jump on this bandwagon, you obviously got enough advice on how to handle the situation and mines is just another one in the pot. What your father did was not okay and you should inform someone to insure something like that hopefully doesn't happen again. However, unless this sort of activity/abuse has been going on for a while, I personally don't think it has reached the point where you need to call the cops or protective services. Each situation is different though and so are the people involved. You know your father better than we do, hopefully you know the best way to handle him.

We're all behind you regardless and we'd like you to know you have our support.

@lagie: I was spanked too when I was a child (but I actually remember it uwu), I was apparently the hardest child of my siblings to take care of, mostly because of my stubbornness. And though I agree that a small amount of physical punishment isn't horrible, it's probably always best to have no physical punishment. Each person has their own method of bringing up kids though, I have no say in what they should do.

@soiled: lucky. My parents aren't strict, but they're fairly traditional as far as what one should aspire to in life. But like you said, you listen to your mother and it's probably also that mutual trust between you guys that builds that chill relationship.

so what are people up to? I need to fix my sleep habits cuz I'm usually so tired after work (and my sleep schedule isn't too stellar uwu), but I also found out that my actual bed is too comfy and I end up sleepy even when I get a bit more sleep.