SkySong278

A Knight's Story

"Yeah... Maybe get a bite to eat? It's been a while since we had a date together. We've been so busy lately. I like spending time with you." He said taking Cody's hand and leaning on his shoulder. 

----+----

"Wonderful! Mother, would you mind if I borrow Alex after lunch while I show princess Kimberly around our home?" Edward asked his mother. "Will you be in the sitting room with her mother tby this afternoon? If not I'll be back by supper with her. Zane would you like to accompany us?" He said turning to Zane on the last question. 

Zane nodded. His accented voice tended to get attention from the ladies. Many visiting duchesses swooned at the sound of his voice, so he kept quiet.  He didn't want to destract her from the prince, so their marriage would be smooth sailing and he didn't want to have another faux accusation against him or something. Plus, Alex. Alex was the one to contend with and he didn't want a one sided fight between the two with his beloved getting into trouble because of it. 

"That sounds like a good idea and yes it has been. I agree," he said in reply to everything he said before feeling Avery's hand in one of his as well as his shoulder leaning on one of his own. "What would you prefer today? Anything in particular or are you okay with anything?" he asked as he looked around at the small cafés that were there.

-•-•-

"Not at all," Gertrude said in reply with a smile at her son's question before hearing the other one that was directed at her as well as the statement that followed. "Yes, I should be there. Sounds good to me," she said in reply to both the other question and statement with a slight nod of her head. “Alex dear you might want to change out of your dress and back into your guard uniform so that the dress can stay clean,” she said to Alex as she briefly looked over at her and then had her attention go back to being on Kimberly’s parents afterward.

Alex looked over at the royals when she heard her name, hearing the tail end of the first question as well as the queen's response. She looked forward to the tour with the princess and prince so that she could get to know the two of them a bit better. She was also glad to be spending a bit more time with Zane than she had earlier before lunch. Although that small interaction had been nice, she hadn't been able to spend as much time as she had wanted with him then. She looked over at her love and smiled before having her attention be back on the food that was still on her plate until she finished eating. "Yes Your Majesty," she said in reply to what the queen said and knew that she'd probably have to do that when everyone else was done eating.

Edited by SkySong278

"Anything really, as long as you are with me." He said with a smile. "You decide. You had a long day see you get to pick what you want to have for lunch and dinner."

-------

Zane glanced at Alex, and although his face was stoic as ever, his eyes held a happy gleem and he winked at her.  He decided to hell with being quiet and spoke. "Would it be possible for me to change as well prince Edward? This uniform is quite stuffy and I'd like to keep it pristine." 

"Of course! You better wear that at my wedding Zane and be my best man, it'll be only fair if you repay that honor to me when it's your turn." Edward said. Although the two had an age difference of four years, they bonded quickly and would act like older and younger brother. 

"I'm sorry your highness but that honor is taken by my brother." "And I am not? " Edward fained hurt. "No you are more like a mild annoyince." " And to your prince you say such a thing!" The two staired at each other, one with smugness and the other in mock outrage before bursting out laughing. 

The king watched this exchange with a smile. "Don't be alarmed by Commander Zane's boldness King Xander. He is encouraged to speak freely. I can talk about him all day like I could my own son. His father previously held the position he currently holds and he's quite the protege. Under a series of certain and unfortunate events he was disowned by his father then adopted by the father of his life long friend. If that hadn't happened, I would have adopted him myself to keep him from being sent back to Spain. Such a great talent and strong heart should remain where his loyalties lie don't you think Xander?"

((I’m just going to have Alex become depressed while training the recruits instead of from Kimberly trying to get Zane to like her. thought it better to have that happen instead))

“Okay and that’s sweet,” he said in reply to his first statement with a smile as well before hearing the rest of what he said. “I’m fine with anything from sandwiches to whatever.”

-•-•-

Alex blushed just the slightest bit when Zane winked at her but she smiled just a tad bit more when she saw the happy gleam in his eye. She then heard the conversation between both him and Edward and giggled a bit knowing that they did treat each other in a brotherly way even though they denied it in their own way. Her smile got wider when she heard both of them burst out laughing and noticed the confused expression on Kimberly's face at their attitude towards each other. It wasn’t until they both heard the conversation between King Harold and King Xander that the latter girl had her expression change to one of understanding. Alex, though was very surprised to hear that he would have been sent back to Spain. Why hadn’t he mentioned that? A bit of sadness flashed through her eyes briefly before being covered up with both concern and surprise instead.

Kimberly thought that Zane’s voice sounded very nice but she didn’t swoon over it. She liked his accent and thought it was very unique but she also didn’t want to ruin anything her parents had planned for her since she wanted to make them happy. She was a bit surprised at both his and Edward’s conversation and how they acted but once she heard King Harold’s explanation, it faded to understanding instead.

Xander was indeed surprised and shocked with Zane’s boldness but then it slowly faded when he heard everything that Harold said. He was shocked again to find out that the person that raised Zane had put him through so much bad stuff before he was adopted by a childhood friend’s dad. “I agree. He’s very talented and seems very loyal to you. It would be a shame to put those traits to waste.”

Edited by SkySong278

((we can do both. She gets depressed because a pretty princess is paying attention to him and gets to spend more time with him via Edward's guard and the princess starts to like Zane ten feeds him a love potion or something.))

"Sandwiches sound nice. I eat fancy meals by magic so something simple is nice to have. Then we can look at the black Smith district? You told me your sword belt broke from a child pulling on it. And I've noticed that your shin guards are a little small and worn down. You got taller so you probably need a new pair. I would've gotten you them as a surprise but I don't know a thing about armor... " He blushed. "And you get all happy talking about all the things involving swordplay and stuff so I let you talk although I don't know anything about it. I just like seeing you happy."

---------

"Glad we have agreed on that."  Harold said with a smile as his son and Zane finished their meals. "Zane you may be excused to go change quickly, Alex if you are finished with your meal you may go too. Edward and Kimberly should be finished by then, if not at you can wait a bit until they are done." Harold said as Zane's plate was taken away.

((okay. I have a few ideas of how Alex can try to free him from the spell Kimberly puts on him and the wedding will surely have to be put on hold until they get it figured out. she can ask Avery for advice on how to do that. perhaps Alex can also persuade Edward that it’s not Zane’s fault and that he shouldn’t be in trouble for falling for his fiancé. also are there griffins, Pegasi, unicorns, and dragons at all? thinking since there’s magic, these creatures might be around as well but if that’s not the case never mind. I was also thinking that Alex can have a small connection to animals and befriend them if they’re wild))

"Okay sandwiches it is then and sure that sounds nice. Oh new ones would be great and it's okay that you don't know anything about armor. I can teach you and I like seeing you happy as well. It pains me to see you sad," he said in reply before heading over to a café that was close to where they were. When they got there, he asked the waiter if they could have a table outside and he nodded before leading them to an empty table before asking what they wanted to drink after leaving menus. "I'll have some water please no lemon," he said in reply before looking to see what kind of sandwich he wanted from the menu.

-•-•-

"I feel the same way about my own knights and their own loyalty," Xander said in reply before hearing the small conversations Harold had with both Zane and Alex.

Alex nodded when King Harold addressed her and got up just after her own plate was taken up by a servant there and headed out of the dining hall/room to go to a room she had there (figured that she'd have a small room in the castle to put some of her outfits in as well as wanting to stay there some nights instead of going to Zane's house). She changed out of her gown, put on her chain mail and a pair of pants, and then a comfortable long sleeve tunic over the chain mail before putting on some flat boots afterward. As soon as she was dressed and ready, she headed out of her room and back down the stairs.

Edited by SkySong278

(DM me the ideas. Considering Avery's teacher has a Phoenix familiar and Zane's great grandfather slew three headed dragon it's perfectly fine! I love the Edward idea too.))

"I'll have water with lemon in it please" Avery ordered and looked at the menu. "Ooo! They have cucumber sandwiches! I think I'll have that." He giggles wiggling in his seat. It's been a long time since he's had them and they are his favorite.

----

Zane went to his small room by the king's chambers and switched out to brown leather breaches, his sleeveless tunic he had on before, and grabbed his real sword, the black bladed one, and slipped on his arm greeves of the red metal on his  lower arms as well as a slimmer red chest plate before joining Alex at the bottom of the steps. Edward joined them when Kimberly was finished with desert. 

The waiter nodded and went back inside to get their drinks. “I’ll keep that in mind,” Cody said when he heard what Avery’s favorite sandwiches were before chuckling a bit when he saw him wiggling in his seat. “I’m going to get a chicken sandwich or a salad.”

-•-•-

Alex smiled at Zane when he met her at the bottom of the stairs before squeezing his hand slightly and then letting it go again afterward. “I’m thinking of having this same hairdo for the wedding. What do you think?” she said and asked him just before Kimberly and Edward joined them. She smiled at the two royals and Kimberly smiled back before asking Edward with the smile still on her face, "Shall we start the tour?"

"You can get a salad with chicken in it. Those are good especially with this tangy dressing and little buts of baked bread. " He said with a grin. 

-------

Zane did the same to her hand before she let go. "I think it'll look wonderful love." He said with a smile before turning stoic once the royal couple arrived. 

Edward nodded and lead the way arm in arm with Kimberly walking along the halls showing her things and explaining family in portraits. He came across one of a knight in red armor wealding a flaming black blade at a three headed dragon in a feild. "Oh this one is of Sir Amon the fearless, Zane's great grandfather. The dragon had burned several towns and killed hundreds.  It had caused a drought too, damming up a river to sleep in the depths of the lake it made. Once the dam was broken it caused even more damage with the flooding that followed. I always thought the dragon was upset the minors woke him up and destroyed his home in the mountains and something could've been done to keep from killing it... .. But times where rough then and they believed it was the only way-" "And the beast ate Busco abuelo's wife. And daughter. And horse. And half his house staff. You know my family, my father's side are known to kill on site with very short fuses and are not the brightest oil lamp. " Zane said flatly looking at the portrait of his great grandfather. "And his armor was actually blue steal. "

Edward folded his arms. "Excuse me, I'm giving the tour." "Oh... Sorry... Lead on." Edward gave him a glare. "Sorry about that Kimberly, although... I myself had no idea that happened, but still I hold my beliefs.." he said taking her arm again and moving on outside to the garden. "My mother tends to this place. She chooses each flower in here and my father gets her rare ones in a greenhouse. One for each year of their anniversary. "

“Hm that sounds good so I think I will get that. Thanks for the idea love,” he said in reply to Avery’s suggestion with a smile before putting his menu back down on the table. Just then, the waiter came back with their drinks and then asked them if they knew what they wanted to eat. Cody nodded and told him he’d like a chicken salad and the waiter nodded before looking at Avery.

-•-•-

“Thanks,” Alex said in reply before following after him and the royal couple as they got started on the tour of the inside of the castle. She was very interested in the paintings and the info for each he brought up, especially the one for Sir Amon that was an ancestor of Zane’s.

Both she and Kimberly listened intently to what Edward said about the painting and it’s history before Zane cut in and said a bit more about it, only to receive both a rebuke and glare afterward. They both thought it was an interesting add in to what Edward said.

In reply to the latter’s apology Kimberly said, “It’s perfectly fine Edward. I thought it was helpful information and I got to learn more about it.” The latter (Kimberly) then nodded in reply to what he said last before they went out into the garden. “It’s very beautiful and that’s very thoughtful of him to do,” she said as she looked around with awe in her eyes.

Alex looked around as well, but didn’t say anything since she saw it everyday.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery gave him a side look then ordered what he wanted. He waited until the man went back inside before scolding Cody lightly. "A lady never orders for herself. She tells her beau what she would like and he says it for her. It's so she doesn't have an awkward interaction with the Waiter, that it is known they are together and if she'd like the big order and he a small one he orders that one for himself then they switch meals. If they both are big she will appear to pick off some of the plates to not appear gluttonous in a  public setting." He said like he had to rehearse this saying. He did actually at the convent. It was a silly rule but men and women were still not considered equal despite his sister's drastic change of the idea. Men still veiwed ladies as pretty things who should be polite and quiet at all times in public. Of course his reprimanded did get a few looks from passersby causing him to blush and look at his lap in shame. 

-------

Zane leaned down to Alex. "I'd give you one silver ring each day we are and have been together. So by the time we have kids you'll have a whole chain mail suit of rings too small for your fingers and it'll be like a symbol of my love protecting you always ." He said softly so only she could hear but his tone did carry and Edward looked back at them and he was right back to up straight looking stoic as ever. 

Zane looked board after a few minutes of the garden seeing it all the time since the Queen let him take clippings to his home and grow the plants there for his mom. He tried not to sniker when the prince miss identified purple hyacinth as lilacs. Then lept at him and snaches a yellow Carnation from Edward's hand as he plucked it for Kimberly.

"Zane! Stop this-" "Your Majesty I should tell you as a princess of Dunmar who's crest is a verbana flower crown they take meaning of flowers as a second language." He said softly and points to a white one. "That is the one is the best one. " He said throwing the yellow bloom away.  Edward blinked then picked the flower Zane pointed at and tucked it in Kimberly's hair. "I have no idea what that was about but hopefully you do princess. I have a feeling he saved me from disaster. I do hope though I have no more interruptions.." he said a little coldly in Zane's direction and Zane nodded waiting until they were fifteen feet away before following keeping them in sight but at a distance. 

((Language of flowers is a Victorian thing and was used to send messages to people discreetly.

Verbana means "pray for me" often seen as a religious flower. 

Lilacs varies depending on the hue. True lilacs represent the first emotions of love while magenta lilacs symbolize love and passion.

Purple Hyacinth  means "please forgive me"

Carnations have a variety of meaning depending on color. white ("sweet and lovely") or pink ("I will never forget you").  Yellow ones signify "disdain."

Sorce and you can look up any floor in Google just name it and put meaning or flower language to get info. ))

((hrm the info you gave about the flowers gives me an idea for later...))

Cody looked a bit sheepish when Avery scolded him after the waiter went back inside and he listened to everything that he said. He hadn't known this as it wasn't taught to him and the other knight trainees at the time that they were training but thought it was good information for later all the same. After the reprimand was over and he was given some odd looks by some passersby, he got out of his seat and knelt beside him when he saw him looking a bit ashamed. "Thank you for telling me that. I wasn't taught that when I was in knight training and my lady sister also didn't tell me that so I was unaware. I know now for the future the next time we eat at a café like this or some other place together," he said softly before gently kissing him on the cheek and then getting back into his seat afterward.

-•-•-

Alex blushed a bit when she heard what he said softly to her alone and was about to reply, but he stood upright again while having the stoic expression back on his face. She also looked ahead of them again shortly after that and figured she'd say her reply a bit later. She hid a small smile and giggle behind her hand when she heard Edward tell Kimberly that the hyacinth was a lilac for she knew the difference before looking surprised when he suddenly leapt forward to snatch a yellow carnation from Edward before he could give it to the princess.

Kimberly also knew the difference between the two but didn't want to correct the prince on his mistake, so she just nodded and thought that they were really beautiful. She was studying the lilacs and didn't notice that Edward had picked the wrong color of carnation, but she did notice when Zane leapt forward towards him. She was surprised to see that, but then she just thought it was a common occurrence between them and the surprise faded a bit. She heard the small conversation between them before blushing a bit when Edward put the white carnation in her hair and then heard everything that he said. "I do. The verbena flower is a crest of ours and we sometimes use flowers to send messages to other people. For instance the white carnation you gave me means 'sweet and lovely'," she said in reply before they continued on with the tour.

Alex also waited until they both were ahead of her before walking beside Zane once more while fifteen feet behind the royal pair. "Did you really mean what you said about the rings?" she asked with the blush still on her face from earlier but now it was slightly darker than before.

Edited by SkySong278

"It's my fault for scolding you like that. It could have been done privately. Your lady sister is quite busy, so I'm not surprised that you didn't learn it. Speaking of, how is your lady sister? I hear she has many couteirs for her hand. I'd love to meet her and your father sometime. I've seen her at the trial and at your knighting and at the ball but we weren't able to chat or be formally introduced at those times." 

--------

"Every word. And much more practical. I love flowers, but they don't seem like your style. I only know the language of them because of my mother. She'd read about flowers and the garden was other place she was allowed to go so she taught me about them. However, as much as I would love to give you a flower every year, we are both busy, and a more practical use would be chain mail you wear every day. That way you're wrapped up in my love and protected by it." He said with a broad grin. 

"Oh! I guess I need to get aquanted with the flower language then. It's not commonly taught here and only advanced lady classes are taught such a thing. If I would have known, I would have had Zane touter me... But all flowers look the same to me. Mother tried to show me the difference in a daisy and a black eyed Susan but I still don't have a clue. Would you like to teach me?" Edward said shyly

"It's okay and Carmen's very busy nowadays. Back before I went to knight training, she was teaching me a few things she thought I needed to know about ladies but she forgot to tell me what you told me. I knew most of everything else except that. She's fine and from what I've read in letters that my mom and dad have sent to me, she hasn't chosen one yet. Apparently they're all good options for her but she's having a hard time deciding. Maybe if she sends me a letter with information on each of them, I can help her decide on one. Of course, it's hard for me to help her if I haven't seen each of them in person but I can try to help her with the information she might provide for each. The next time I get a letter from either of them, I'll mention that you'd like to meet them. I'm sure they'd enjoy that."

-•-•-

Alex blushed a bit more when she heard what he said and especially the grin he gave her when he was done talking. "Oh and it might be for me. No I'm definitely not the type to want to receive flowers but I do like them as well as helping you in the garden when you need it. I just don't like weeding so much. Maybe I could learn a bit about it myself in case it comes in handy later. That we are and I see the sense in that. I love that idea and yes I would be," she said in reply to everything he said still with the blush on her cheeks but also with a small smile.

Kimberly looked a bit surprised when she heard Edward say that it wasn't taught to everyone in his kingdom and only the ladies which was different from her own kingdom. "That's very interesting. That's okay and sure I can certainly teach you. Maybe Zane could help me about the flower language when he's not so busy. I know some things about it but it's also been awhile since I was taught it so he might know more than what I do and can assist," she said in reply to everything that he said before giving him a small shy smile.

"Perhaps I can help her decide. Being a scribe I can have access to all sorts of records. I can make sure they are who they say they are and have no shady business going on so she wouldn't get hurt by them."  Avery said sipping his water and grinned as the waiter came out with their meals. 

-----

"I find weeding relaxing. Something a bit softer then swinging a blade about. I know I have my own home, my family home, but I have been considering selling it or renting it out... Maybe... Convert it into a school or hospital.. an orphanage maybe... The land and money of my father's now is mine, but I don't want to use dirty money for my own things. If I can do good with it maybe the negatives of the place will fade.... I almost have enough for the house on Palace street we looked at and liked. Close to my mom and the stables, near the place we work, and we loved the amount of rooms inside too. "He said softly. "And there is space for a garden in the back!"

"Oh, yeah. His mother taught him about that. She's the best dress maker in the city! She lives in the house down this narrow path." He pointed down the path that had a white stallion running down it with a red tunic in his mouth running passed them and into the pasture waving around his toy. "She'll be making your wedding dress. " Edward said with a sigh as the horse flopped on his side and would roll around, get up and throw the shirt then run after it. 

"Oh that would be very helpful if you can do that and that sounds like a very good idea," he said in reply just as the waiter came back out with their food. He thanked him before he started to eat after his was placed in front of him but he tried not to eat too quickly so that it wouldn't look like he was being a pig.

-•-•-

"I'd rather plant than weed. It just seems like when you pull a few, a few more pop up and it's never ending. I like the idea of either renting it out or converting it, especially to an orphanage. I hope that'll be the case, too with that land. I'm glad and I liked it a lot along with the number of rooms. Also the fact that it was so close to here and the stables and close to your mom is a plus," she said back in reply just as softly before hearing what he said last. "That's even better." She then noticed where it was that the royal couple was heading and knew that it was close to his mom's shop. When they got to the path that led to it, she saw Toro run passed them with a red tunic in his mouth. She giggled when she saw the sight before saying to Zane, "I guess you need to play with him more before he does something like this."

"Oh that was kind of her to do. Oh, really? I'd love to see some of the dresses she has made if we can go there," Kimberly said before they got to a path that led to it. She then saw a white horse run by them with what looked like a red tunic in its mouth that it seemed to be playing with before she heard what else Edward said. "Oh I can't wait to see what it looks like," she said just as the horse flopped onto the ground and rolled around before getting back up and playing with the tunic once more. She heard Alex giggle and wondered if this was a common occurrence.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery ate the sandwich with ladylike manners. "After this to the black Smith district for your belt and leg armor." 

----

Zane laughed. "That's the shirt I tore when you got hurt, he liked it so much that I let him have it and wash it when he's sleeping. Even if I play with him, he just gets a ton of energy later. " He said watching the stallion prance about with his head high waving his toy like a flag .

"We shall but not now. It's the busiest time and Rayna would bring her samples to the castle for you to try one on later in the week. As for that horse..... The creature is as weird and unusual as it's owner. I advise not having anything red on to avoid the horse. " He warned heading twords the palace stables in the back as the horse fell back and trotted between the prince and Zane on the other side of the fence. 

“Sounds good,” Cody said in reply before eating a few more bites of his salad and then sipping his water in between bites to help it go down easier. “Need anything else while we’re out aside from the wind at sunset?”

-•-•-

“Oh. I’m glad he’s making good use out of it then,” Alex said in reply with a smile before also watching Toro prance about. She giggled a bit again when she saw him waving it about like a flag. “He’s like an excited kid with a new toy. It’s cute.”

“Oh okay and I can’t wait to try some on. I think it’s kind of cute how he acts. The horse, I mean. What’s his name?” Kimberly said and asked in reply before following Edward to the stables so she could see the other horses that were there.

Alex went over to Toro on their side of the fence when she noticed him following them and gently rubbed his nose a bit before going back to following the royal couple. She didn’t want to lose sight of them at all.

Avery finished too and waved the waiter over to get the bill before they left. Once it was paid, he got up and headed to the blacksmith district. "Quills. My little fits always brake mine and I wear them to a nub from so much writing. And colored sealing wax, and two more jars of ink." He said after tilting his head in thought. 

------

"Indeed he is." Zane chuckled.  Once they reached the stables Zane let them go inside.

"I don't have a clue. You can ask Zane, it's his horse. I don't think it likes me though. It trys to bite me and bit my roan quarter horse. " He went inside. He showed her his father's and mother's horses in the best stalls in the back and then his horse Fred. 

Zane leaned against the fence letting the princess and prince chat letting his stallion sneak up behind him and shake the shirt in front of his face. With a smile he yanked it from Toro's mouth and ran to the other side of the barn door. With a whinny, Toro charged and sprang over the fence to Zane who now was waving his shirt like a cape. 

This ensued into a game if Matrador with Zane waving around the shirt and pulling it out of the way of the charging horse shouting "Olé!"  "He likes this. Wanna try Alex? It's fun, and he'll be hind. This is the best way to tire him out."

Cody got up with Avery and walked with him over to the blacksmith district while listening to everything he said that he needs. “Alright. Will those be found in a store like the one with the potions or a completely different one?” he said and asked in reply curiously as they walked.

-•-•-

When Alex noticed that Zane had dropped back to let the royal couple be alone, she joined him against the fence.

“Oh okay. I’ll do that later. Huh I wonder why he doesn’t like you,” Kimberly said in reply to what Edward said before following him over to where his parents’ horses were. “They’re beautiful.”

Alex smiled when she saw how they both acted and then giggled a bit when she saw Zane run away towards the barn door with the tunic in hand while Toro followed after him after jumping the fence. She then watched curiously as they played a game where Zane would move the tunic away from the charging playful horse while he said “Olé” like a matrador would to a bull. “Okay and sure I’d love to try it,” she said in reply to his offer of her trying it with Toro.

Edited by SkySong278

"oh those can be acquired at any mail service shop or parchment store. " Avery informed him. He lead the way to Cody's favorite blacksmith. "I tried to get the shin braces on my own so I did some digging and found your family makes a lot of purchases here. I came to get some but he kept talking about metal quality, style and measurements that I said I'll return with you. That was a month ago but we hadn't had free time until now. " He said sheepishly. 

--------

Zane held his hand and spoke in Spanish telling the horse to stop for a moment then handed her the shirt. "Hold it out to your side and then step away when he gets close. I found it helps with my reflexes too." He said backing away and letting her hand a go.

"The only ones he seems to like are Zane, Alex, and Zane's mother. He likes the color red for some reason. That's why Zane has red armor otherwise even he'd get bucked off the horse." Edward explained handing her a treat to give to the horses. 

"Oh okay. Are there any of those stores around here that we can knock off both the store we're going to now along with getting the quills, more ink, and whatever else you needed?" Cody said and asked in reply before hearing what else he said while leading the way to his favorite store. "We do and yes it can be hard to understand those things when you don't deal with it often. It's okay and I'm glad we can do it together now," he said in reply with a smile and a small squeeze to the former's hand as they continued to walk before arriving to the store.

-•-•-

Alex nodded when she heard Zane's instructions on what to do after taking the shirt and then did as he said for her to do after he let her hand go. She held the shirt out to her side and waited for Toro to get close. When he did, she stepped away while waving the shirt out of the way at the same time and saying "Olé" like Zane had moments earlier.

"Huh that's very interesting," Kimberly said in reply before Edward gave her a treat for the horses. She nodded in thanks to him before starting to give one of the horses the treat she was given before petting it both gently and lightly on the nose.

Edited by SkySong278

(you play the blacksmith))

"We'll do that near the aviary on the way out of town. While they collect the feathers I need. "He said waving him into the shop. 

--

Zane grinned and watched as the horse turned and pawed at the ground thowing his head happily. 

"I don't know, the horse is just weird." Edward said as he petted his father's stallion. 

((okay. after Ave and Cody are done at the blacksmith shop, want to ts to when Ave gets the familiar and Alex hears animals talking?))

Cody nodded and then went into the shop. The owner greeted them and Cody told him that they were looking for shin guards and a belt along with the material quality, style, and measurements for the new shin guards. He nodded and got what he requested before Cody paid for them and then turned to Avery. "You ready to go?" he asked him.

-•-•-

Alex smiled when she saw that Toro was ready again so she held the shirt out to her side like she had done before and waited for him to charge towards her. When he was close once more she moved it to the side while saying again, “Olé.”

Kimberly nodded in understanding before getting a brush and starting to brush the queen’s mare while also still petting her a bit.

(( no let's just skip to the drama and Zane gets a kitten he finds in the rain. That he keeps in the castle because cats with cloths and shinny things and thred don't mix well. About three weeks {complex love potion takes a bit longer then the less complicated ones} giving the princess a brush up lesson on flower language on the lesser known flowers.  Avery w/ falcon and Alex just starting to realize that she's hearing the animals speak.))

Let's skip now. Ok?