SkySong278

A Knight's Story

“Very nice and pretty,” Cody said when he saw the ring briefly with a smile before closing the door behind them and then walked over to Avery and Alex.

”I’ve bought a few dresses on my own before now but it would be fun to do it with you and mom,” Alex said in reply before starting to walk ahead of their house in the direction she thought the restaurant they were going to was in.

Zane went behind Alex and pushes her slightly in the right direction. "It's a Spanish restaurant. I know the owner and his daughter admires you. I hope you don't mind signing an autograph before you eat. " He chuckled. 

--

"I still say the only dresses I've seen you in was the one at the ball and at the trial." Avery giggled. 

“The one I’m wearing now is new. I just got it earlier today during a break time I had at work,” Alex said in reply to Avery’s statement before Zane pushed her slightly in the right direction of the restaurant and as she heard everything that he said. “Oh and I’d be honored to sign an autograph for her,” she said in reply with a small blush on her cheeks as she didn’t know that she already had an admirer.

~-~-

Cody followed behind Zane and Alex with Avery. “She has a few other dresses like the one she has on today,” he said after Alex said what she did and just before they came across a really nice-looking building. “Is that the restaurant we have a reservation at?” he asked toward Zane.

Edited by SkySong278

"Yes. This is it. Of course you do dearest, you bring women empowerment." Zane smiled and lead them inside. They were greeted warmly and lead to a table with a beautiful view of a rose garden. Little paper lanterns lit the courtyard in a soft romantic light.  He pulled out Alex's chair for her to sit down. 

--

Avery was in Aw at the ritzy interior of the place. Zane really knew someone here? Why hasn't he taken them here before? Something was going on. He frowned looking at Cody with raised eyebrows in a questing look.

“Oh I didn’t know that,” Alex said in reply shyly and still with the small blush on her cheeks before she, Cody and Avery were led inside the restaurant. She smiled at the owner when they were inside the small building and then followed him to a table that was near the rose garden. She thought the roses were really beautiful as well as the small lit lanterns before Zane pulled her chair out for her. “Thank you,” she said with the smile still on her face before she sat down in it.

~-~-

“It’s a very nice place,” Cody said before they were led inside by Zane and the restaurant’s owner. “Zane’s going to propose to Alex,” he said very softly in Avery’s ear so that Alex wouldn’t hear when he saw the questioning look on his face of what was going on before pulling out a chair for him (Avery) to sit down in.

Edited by SkySong278

"Well now you do." He said smiling and sat down to order. 

Avery smiled and sat down  on the chair. "I see. Now, what is the best dish here?" He asked rhetorically as he looked at the menu. 

Alex nodded before looking at the menu and knowing what she wanted after just a few minutes or so. She then looked up from the menu to look at the roses and the courtyard outside the window (not sure if I should have the owner or a waiter come over so that’s why I didn’t put either one). “Want to walk among the roses after we order our food?” she asked Zane as she looked briefly over at him before looking out of the window again.

~-~-

Cody nodded and then looked over the menu himself. He wasn’t sure what to get since there were so many good options but then he started to look in the salad section.

Edited by SkySong278

The owner's young daughter came over. She couldn't be older then thirteen and she beamed at Alex. "May I take your order?"

((It's way fancier then tacos. It it's a Spain restaurant, not Mexican. Mexico wasn't discovered yet.))

Will edit later

((oh sorry. I edited my post.))

“Yes. Me gustaría que gambas al ajillo and a sweet tea without a lemon as my drink please,” Alex said in reply with a smile of her own at the young girl.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane pointed to what he wanted then whispers something in the girl's ear who giggled and wrote down the orders. 

Avery had trouble pronouncing his, it was a soup with pork and beans that sounded yummy, and she wrote that down along with Cody's. 

She then pulled out a small book and handed her the fountain pen she was using and the book opened to a clean page to Alex. "Can I get your signature before I place your orders please?" She asked. 

“What did you say to her?” Alex asked curiously and with a small blush because she thought that she had mispronounced something in Spanish again when she heard the young girl giggle before she was asked by the former for her autograph. “Sure,” she said with the blush still on her cheeks before writing her signature in the book with the pen she was given and then giving both of them back to her afterward.

~-~-

Cody had told the girl that he wanted a salad before smiling when he saw Alex give the young waitress her autograph (if they’re sitting at the same table as Zane and Alex and if not, I’ll edit).

Edited by SkySong278

((They are. XD ))

Zane simply smiled. "Why should I tell you what I said?" He responded as the girl dashed off to deliver their orders to the cook. A moment later the food came along with a waiter with a bottle of champagne. He set it on the table along with  four glasses. At this moment Zane stood and walked to the other side of Alex, kneeling down on one knee. "Mi Reina, mi amada.  I believe that fate brought us together. If I had been told many months ago, that I'll get on one knee and say four words to a woman who doesn't care what people think about her, can hit harder then a horse could kick,  and probably could best me in a fight, I would have rolled my eyes said they're lying and sent Toro after them!" He chuckled. "But, I would have been proven wrong. Alexandria, without you, I wouldn't have known true happiness. I wouldn't have gained the courage to stand up to the tyrant who sired me. You are inspirational, brilliant, outspoken and absolutely perfect. I am astonished and humbled you allowed me to court you, me, a broken down and abused shell of a man who thought true love was a thing of fairytales. I asked your father for his blessing, and have received it. So now I ask you this..."

He took a deep breath and reached into his brest pocket pulling out a silver ring with a intricate gold inlay ring on it.  "Alex, would you take me as I am? Will you do me the honor of calling me your husband? Will you marry me?"

s-l300.jpg

((just making sure :ph34r:))

“Just curious is all,” Alex said in reply with a shrug before their food and drinks were brought out along with a bottle of champagne and four additional glasses. She looked confused for a minute because she didn’t remember either of them ordering that bottle before she noticed a movement and looked over to see Zane come over to her and get down on one knee. As she heard him saying everything he did, she blushed a bright pink and then had her hand go up to cover her mouth in surprise when she heard him ask the questions he did especially the last one. “Yes,” she said in reply with tears of happiness falling down her cheeks and a very bright smile on her face.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane swayed slightly like he was going to swoon from being overjoyed as he slipped the ring on her finger. It fit perfectly and it wouldn't catch on anything or get in the way of her swordmanship. He moved her hand away from her mouth to kiss her before reseating himself at the table. "I ordered Champaign to celebrate my proposal, although they came too soon. I wanted to purpose after dinner..." He said softly kissing her hand before taking a sip of the white bubbly wine and started eating dinner. 

Avery squealed and giggled in delight. "Wonderfully worded Zane! A beautiful proposal. I better be your maid of honor sister!" He clapped his hands rapidly. 

Alex kissed him back before saying in reply, “Oh and I guess they wanted to get it done in advance.” She then also started to eat her own dinner but then soon realized that her cheeks were still a bit wet from when she was crying tears of joy earlier so she said as she got up, “I’m going to the lady’s room to wipe my face but I’ll be back. Of course Ave,” she said in reply to what her brother said with a smile when she passed him before going into the bathroom. She went to where the paper towels were, grabbed a few, and then proceeded to dry her cheeks with them. When that was done, she threw them away, and then sat back down at the table to continue eating her meal.

~-~-

Cody also clapped and was smiling a lot when he heard Zane’s proposal to Alex. “Congrats you two and I’d better be your best man brother,” he said to him with the smile still on his face before starting to eat his own food as well.

Edited by SkySong278

((Two is spelled wrong, and Cody is cosy...:mellow: I was going to comment about the paper towels and the setting is late medieval age, no clue what they used though so I'll let that go,it's fantasy not realistic so whatever :lol:))

Zane nodded as Alex got up and left. Upon hearing Cody's lighthearted warning he threw his head back and laughed. It was a good thing they had the entire patio to themselves. "Who else would be my best man? You're the only one who stuck around me this for this long! I don't really have other friends who I'd trust with my life. Other than Alex, your dad and her father... no offense Avery, you're a genius but um... skirts are hard to fight in..." 

"None taken, but I'm working on my self defense. I should be able to protect myself while I choose to look this way. I've had some close calls... including one with my teacher.." He grumbled. "Cody is going to give him a stern talking to for me. David is a great teacher, but.... he overdose it sometimes and won't listen when I say I'm spoken for. " He heaved a sigh. 

((edited. I’m typing on my phone so when I type fast, I sometimes miss letters in words or accidentally misspell them so thank you for catching those errors. sorry I didn’t proofread the post before I submitted it))

Alex ate her food as the others were talking and just smiled when she heard what Zane said to Cody but frowned slightly at what Avery said about his teacher in self-defense trying to do things to him. She was glad, though that Cody was going to sternly talk to him to get it to stop. “Hey Zane you really think I’m perfect?” she asked with a blush when there was a pause in the conversations. She didn’t think that he thought of her that way and also didn’t think she was very perfect, but was glad that he did.

~-~-

Cody just smiled when he heard what Zane told him and then it somewhat faded when he heard Avery bring up his teacher overdoing it during their lessons. “Speaking of which when would be a good day for me to do that? I’d rather do that sooner than later in case he ends up going a little too far before I have that talk with him,” he asked and said in reply with now a stoic expression on his face as he drank his water.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane smiled simply. "We all have flaws. I'm not saying you're entirely perfect or flawless, but I am saying to me, everything you consider a weakness, I see as a strength. They help me see my own flaws, and want to be stronger for you. In essence, you complete me and thus are perfect in my eyes. "He said kissing the back of her hand softly. 

--

"Wednesday is my next meeting with him, at one in the afternoon." Avery said softly picking at his plate. 

Alex blushed a bit more when she heard everything that he said and smiled back at him when he kissed the back of her hand softly. “Thank you for saying all that. I love you,” she said before going back to eating her food.

~-~-

“I’ll be there,” Cody said in reply before taking Avery’s hand and rubbing it softly before starting to eat his salad.

“So is there something else you have planned after dinner or are we going back to our homes instead?” Alex asked a little while later after finishing eating her meal and drinking the rest of her tea.

~-~-

Cody smiled softly at Avery before kissing his hand before he finished eating his salad. He was about to ask if there were any other plans for after dinner but then he heard Alex ask it so he just waited to hear what the answer would be.

"I wanted to take you through the queens garden. Avery and Cody can decide what they want to do. " Zane said getting up and holding out his hand to Alex. "A double date doesn't have to always be four people does it?" He said softly with a small smile. 

--

Once he heard what Zane said Avery looked at Cody letting him decide what they should do.

“Okay,” Alex said in reply to his statement before taking his hand and getting up with his help. “No I guess it doesn’t,” she said in reply just as softly as he did with a small smile of her own.

~-~-

“We can stay here and walk around the garden outside or we can go up to Old Oak Hill to stargaze,” Cody said after he heard what Zane said about where he wanted to take Alex and also as he saw Avery looking at him questionally.

Zane walked off slowly taking the scenic route to the garden taking his time and enjoying the comfortable silence between them. He didn't start talking until he was in the garden. "Beautiful night. Made even better with you by my side..." He said glancing at her. 

---

"Old Oak Hill. I recently learned the constellations so I can read them for prophesies." He said with a grin. 

Alex walked at his side to the gardens, looking around them in wonder at how beautiful all the flowers were. “Yes it is and you really think so?” she said and asked in reply with a small blush on her cheeks before looking over at him.

~-~-

“Alright Old Oak Hill it is then,” Cody said in reply with a smile before offering him a hand before heading towards the road with him towards the mentioned hill.

Edited by SkySong278