SkySong278

A Knight's Story

((okay. so will the potion also take longer to go into effect or would it be instant? we’re also planning on having her reenact her stabbing for Zane’s traumatic event, right to free him of it? sounds good))

Three weeks later found Cody still teaching the kids as well as helping straighten up and organize Avery’s friend’s place except he was helping the friend first now before teaching the kids. He decided that was a bit better for him to do schedule-wise. He was currently finishing up organizing Luka’s place and when he was done, he told her that he was done and leaving now before heading off to town and the kids.

-•-•-

After being persuaded by the queen that she should train the newly knighted recruits, Alex took that job three weeks later and was starting later that afternoon. She would still keep her job with keeping the queen safe as well as keeping her company but this other one would be an extra that she'd do after the earlier morning and in the day duty of guarding her door. She had learned that after talking a bit more with Zane and getting his opinion on it. She also asked the queen if there could be another trainer with her that was a friend of hers she made while working with the queen, she didn't feel comfortable with doing it by herself due to the recruits possibly giving her a hard time, which would help keep them in line and that made her feel better.

She also found out recently that she could now hear the animals around her speak but in her head. She thought that she had been imagining things but it turned out that she was really hearing them as well as talking back to them. She was working on filtering the different conversations so that it wouldn’t be so overwhelming. It had started with Spot and Toro and then had expanded to the cats, dogs, and mice around town as well as the birds. She was currently on her way to the queen’s door to start her duty there and then would start the training after spending time with Gertrude in the garden.

((can edit that if need be))

-°-°-

Kimberly was training with Avery in learning a few lesser known flowers for potions and whatnot. Zane was helping teach her more about the flower language during their free time of training and learning. It was fun for her to relearn it and very interesting as well. The flowers they were working with, she hadn’t learned the language for back home so she was having fun. As a small side project that was also a secret from Avery, she was making a love potion for Zane. After spending a bit more time with him and Edward, she had figured out that she liked the sound of the former’s voice and wanted to hear it more but towards her with his attention also being on her. She had noticed that he didn’t look at her at all when she talked to him and wanted him to.

((edited))

Edited by SkySong278

Three weeks after the summoning ritual was a success, Avery had called a female orange breasted falcon, a beautiful bird that looked was plack on it's back and head, with black flecks on its underwing and belly feathers, and a deep orange underside from neck down. The bird would offten sit on a large crooked stick Avery carried with him, the light alder surface slowly being carved with magical markings from the bottom up.  When sitting the stick will test in a brass stand that folded up neatly and can fit into a dress pocket. 

He greatly enjoyed teaching the princess and was enthralled with her ability to learn as fast as he was. He also enjoyed their talks about dresses and hairstyles. 

---------

Zane had supported his fiancee in her decision and was quite repressive in his interactions with Kimberly. He would only carry a small polite conversation with her before carrying on with the lesson. Today was the last day of the lessons with her and both he (and Edward) where relived that this was the last. 

He headed to the tea room with a few flowers they had yet to go over for their meeting before he headed off to inspect the training regime and introduced himself to the newcomers. 

He wore a leather chestplate instead of his typical red metal chestplate.  The reason- he was hiding a tiny kitten in his shirt keeping it warm and it fit right against his chest part, the tight belly section kept him from falling out. He hadn't yet informed the king or anyone but his mother on this creature just yet. This kitten he found during his late night rounds of the barracks while a nasty storm rumbled though last night and wanted to keep him warm. 

He already decided on a name for the little fluffy peanut. Bunny or BunBun. The cat was white with black markings like a English spot bunny he had when he was very little. The bunny was of course killed by his father when he couldn't catch a more traditional hare  so he would release one of the rabbits he bred to Chase and kill. When Zane seemed to grow attached to a particular one, that would be his(Dominic's) next sport after a bad day of hunting.  This eventually stopped when he got bucked from his horse and broke his leg giving him a limp for the rest of Dominic's life. 

So, Zane had a kitten hidden and tickling his skin as it shifted to a more comfortable position to sleep some more as Zane entered the tea room and bowed to the princess carefully and set the flowers on a table between them.  "Ready for our lesson today princess?" 

Cody finished with his teaching of the kids in town and was on his way to Avery's place. He had been present when the former had successfully summoned a falcon for his familiar and had smiled before giving him a hug in congratulations for having performed it successfully. He had also been very interested in how it worked and was glad that he could see it be done. When he got to the warehouse Avery lived and worked in, he knocked on the door to let him know he was there before unlocking the door with a key he had, and then walking in shortly afterward. "Avery? You here?" he called into the place while looking around and then starting to make some tea for the both of them to enjoy.

-•-•-

Alex was now outside the queen's door in her position and then signaled for the next shift guard to take her place when the queen opened the door and they both walked down to the main foyer together while holding a conversation and then went outside afterward. A maid followed them at Alex's gesture with snacks and tea while they sat down in the chairs there and continued to talk while enjoying eating the small snacks and drinking the tea in between bites. Both Alex and Gertrude nodded for the maid to be dismissed before they finished eating and then they both walked to the area where the knights were training before going separate ways; Alex towards the new recruits and Gertrude towards her son and husband.

When Alex got to where the new recruits were, she introduced herself as their trainer and then had them show her everything that they knew already so she knew what to teach them. Her partner, Derrick, watched after also introducing himself as their trainer and kept a careful and close eye on the recruits to make sure they didn't try anything with her or would make her uncomfortable. If they did any of that, he was to report to Zane about it so that he could discipline them (if that's okay).

-°-°-

Kimberly was currently working on her secret project a bit more before her lesson with Zane. She knew he was on his way and wanted to get the majority of it done before he came and then put it away so that he wouldn't see what she was working on. She had just put in the finishing touches to it for now when he came into the tea room where she was and where they did their lessons. "Yes I am and I'm eager to see what flowers we'll be working with today," she said in reply to his question with a small smile before having her attention be on the table's surface instead of on him so that it wouldn't look like she was staring at him. 

Edited by SkySong278

Avery was indeed there in a magical chamber where he could practice his magic safely without harming people or his things. He stepped out looking charred and smokeing as his falcon flew to a sink and turned on the faucet with her beak an washed her sooty feathers. Avery sat down, in burnt trousers and chared shirt coughing up smoke. "That spell went haywire.." he said stating the obvious.

---

((Considering Zane is the knight commander then yes that's ok))

Zane set down the flowers he gathered. "I have a meeting later with Alex to discuss important information so I'd rather start immediately if you don't mind princess." Zane said he had finnaly aqured the money and set up a meeting with her, him and the relator of the house to officially buy it today as a surprise as her first training duty and a step closer for their wedding to be held soon as he wished. The ring was finally finished and he wanted the marriage soon now. 

((okay))

Cody looked up when he heard Avery move somewhere near where the living room area was to see him charred and smoking and was concerned. “Are you okay?” he asked him after hearing what happened and after watching the falcon wash off her sooty feathers. He finished making the tea and gave Avery a cup before taking up one for himself and started to sip it.

-•-•-

After a few drills or so with the new recruits, Alex told them to take a 15-minute break to chat or practice amongst themselves as she did some exercises of her own. Some of the recruits watched her while the majority of them talked and shared where they had gotten their skills and why they were there.

-°-°-

“Of course. I’m ready to start whenever you are. I’m going to be training with Avery again in a bit before meeting Edward,” Kimberly said in reply before getting ready to write down what these new flowers he brought meant on a piece of parchment paper she had gotten out.

Edited by SkySong278

"My own spells don't hurt me physically, but I won't be lighting any stoves with that spell before I can make it be a flame on my finger like it's supposed to be." He coughed and sipped some tea. 

-----

"Alright,the first I have is the Queen of the night or kadupul flower, it isn't in bloom at this time and dies after plucking, but it is a sign of confession of love, a declaration of vanity, and says "only can be caught once" it is a rare bloom and blooms once a year for an hour or two at night in moonlight.  This is the actual bloom as a drawing" he pulled out a page that had a picture of the beautiful flower in full bloom. 

He placed a spiraling red flower on the table. "Middlemist red camellia, or camellias in general have various meanings due to colors but it often means you're adorable among other meanings such as, desire or passion, refinement, perfection and excellence, and lastly faithfulness and longevity."

"Oh okay. Is that what you tried to do? Make a flame on your finger but it backfired?" he said and asked in reply to everything Avery said before taking another sip of his tea and then sat down at the table afterward. "I visited Alex during one of her breaks the other day and she said she can now understand and have conversations with animals and that happened the same day you got Falcon (not sure what the familiar's name is or if she has one so used falcon as a name holder)."

-•-•-

After a bit longer of doing her exercises, Alex started to notice that more of her students were watching her but she didn't pay them any attention as she kept her focus on what she was doing. Derrick joined her and pretty soon, they were doing a mock duel. At seeing this, their students started doing the same after breaking off into their own pairs. Alex and Derrick stopped their own after a few more minutes of it and began walking around each pair, correcting stances and giving them pointers on the better way to hold the sword but also said that they were doing well.

-°-°-

Kimberly wrote all that information down before looking at the picture he showed her and thought that it was really pretty. She thought it was a shame that it died soon after it was plucked, though. She then left some space on the piece of parchment paper she was writing on before writing down the information that he said about what it meant in the flower language.

Edited by SkySong278

"The word for thumb and collum are similar in the language used for spells. Instead of saying 'a fire as small as a thumb' I said 'a fire as small as a collum' and as you would expect I was wreathed in flame. " Avery said sipping his tea. "And me and flacon can't agree on a name for her for us to seal the bond. " The bird shook off the water and flew to her perch with a small trill. 

---

"Next are orcids. I would like to have some tea before that though.." Zane said getting up and got the tea tray pouring them both a cup, leaving the crumpets on the table on the other side of the sitting room. He took a sip of tea and sighed. 

“Ah and I imagine that was interesting as well as a bit scary. I saw you covered in smoke when you came out but I didn’t see the flame. I’m glad it wasn’t more serious and that your spells don’t hurt you,” Cody said in reply with a small smile before taking a sip and hearing the rest of what he said. “I bet if you asked Alex, she might have a few ideas of what to name her.”

((I’ll post again as Alex probably when Zane’s done with Kimberly’s lesson and he goes over to get her for their appointment))

-°-°-

Kimberly nodded in reply to what Zane said about the orchids being next as well as what he said about the tea and then thanked him when he poured her a cup. She also took a sip of the smooth liquid before sighing in content. “This is very good tea,” she said before taking another sip.

Edited by SkySong278

"I would but she's busy, and I had just put out the flames when I walked out. I wouldn't walk out in a blazing inferno." He said with a sigh. His hair was in a pony tail that reached mid back, without his padded bodice on he looked like a man blacksmith son. He had some muscle, mostly in his legs, slender build and thin. His arms did have some muscle on it, moving around hevy books, tomes and coldrens all day strengthened them in a different way. He had two days worth of a wispy mustache on his lip the same purple color of his hair. He could have walked right outside and be a completely different person and never get discovered with his double life as a woman. 

((I thought Kimberly was going to use the potion on him today.))

----

Zane sipped his tea and moved a blue orcid twords her. "Last one. Anything involving the color blue on a flower holds the meaning of peace , tranquility. An ancient Greece the flower means virility and strength. It means great beauty, luxury and decadence." He explained. 

((she is but she’s going to mix it in with water in a canteen. she’s going to give it to him when he’s on break from training. I think that was the plan))

“You can write her a letter and she’ll write back when she can. I figured you wouldn’t,” he said in reply before finishing drinking his tea. He studied him for a minute or two, thinking he looked different the way he did currently but only because he had always seen him dressed like a girl so it was a bit strange to see him looking like another boy. “What would you like to do today?” he asked as he looked at something else so he wasn’t being rude with staring at him.

-°-°-

Kimberly nodded before writing that information down with the the other information she had on the other two flowers. “Thanks for teaching me all of this Zane. It helps me brush up with what I missed back home while in school,” she said with a smile after she was done writing it all down. “I guess I’ll see you later then if you have to get going.”

Edited by SkySong278

((oh that's right.))

"But all my dresses are being cleaned up, the one I got left is for my training with the Royal dinner in the evening to inform the King of Dunmar how his daughter's training is going. All I have are tunics and pants.... " He said softly getting up and washing his face and getting soot off his arms. 

------

He finished his tea and nodded standing up, bowing and leaving. He met Alex in the designated meeting spot and sat down ordering a croissant and a small cup of warm milk and waited for Alex and the relator to arrive.  He pulled out the kitten and an old glove he washed thoroughly and poured a bit of milk in a finger, pricking it so a little streamed out and managed to get the tinny kitten to latch on. He was feeding the kitten when Alex walked up, but he was so enamored with the tiny creature he didn't notice her right away. 

((that’s okay that you almost forgot. I did too for a minute))

“We can play games if you’d like or you can work on your spells while I watch. I can also go get your dresses for you if you’d like me to,” Cody said in reply while listing some suggestions before cleaning up their cups and the tea.

-•-•-

Alex headed to her and Zane’s meeting spot after the training was done for the day with the recruits, feeling a bit excited to see what it was about. She knew it was a surprise of some sort, but had no idea what exactly it was. When she arrived at the café, she saw Zane feeding a kitten with a small thing of milk for the little furball. “Aw it’s so cute,” she said after sitting down next to him in a chair that was near his side of the table. “What’s its name?”

-°-°-

Kimberly watched him go before picking up the piece of parchment paper that she had written her notes down on before getting up and leaving herself to go find Edward. She would work on finishing up the potion later to give to Zane when he was back at the castle and taking a break from training.

Edited by SkySong278

"Spells are dangerous, I'm done for today. Dresses are being magically cleaned of stains so they won't be able to be picked up until tomorrow..." He moved behind a screen and changed into a fresh tunic and trousers. He braided his hair and had it tied back like a sailor would. He studied him in the mirror. "I guess we can go out like this but.... We can't show affection. It's not exactly.....welcomed around here. It's been a while since I have been a guy. As much as I love dressing up and being a girl, it's nice being my own gender, and I look different than what I usually do. "

-------

Zane looked up a little surprised that she was able to sneak up on him. Usually he was more aware of his surroundings. "Hey love! I found this little guy last night completely drenched. I call him Bunny. See the black and white pattern? The spot around his face, and the black around his eyes? Then both ears and the top of his head is black, speckles on his side and flank with a black stripe along his spine and the dot on his cheek? Those are exact markings of a English spot rabbit. So, I adopted a cat named Bunny. He's a few weeks old but still young. Eyes and ears have just opened it looks like and he hasn't gotten his teeth yet. Only thing, mom doesn't want him in the house. Soooooo...." He said as the relator sat down across from them them. "I am moving out into our house that I'm buying today." He said with a grin as the kitten started crying as the finger was now empty. 

"I cold! And hungry, more mama" the kitten's voice was high like it's cries. Of course Zane had no idea what was said but still cooed over the creature as the relator got his things ready. "Oh you are so thin! Let me get you more. Not too fast now BunBun don't want you sickie." Zane baby talked to the kitten getting more milk in the glove and helping him latch on for some more wrapping it up in his handkerchief like a blanket. 

((Not doing Edward ok?))

((okay. I’ll wait until later to post again as Kimberly when she brings the canteen to Zane))

“Okay,” he said in reply before washing some dishes that were next to the sink while Avery slipped behind a screen and changed and then heard everything he said after he came back out from behind it. “Okay. Not sure what I can say, though as to who you are if asked. We’ll also most certainly be flocked by girls,” he said in reply after finishing washing the last dish and then started to dry them.

-•-•-

Alex smiled a bit when she saw the surprised expression on his face, knowing that he usually didn’t get surprised but she figured that it was mostly due to the kitten he had. “Hey and aw. I do see those areas and I also see that he does look like that kind of bunny so it’s a perfect fit for the little guy. No shame in that. Oh yay and guessing it’s so that he doesn’t get into her fabric and other materials?” she said and asked in reply to everything he said in his first few statements before hearing the very last thing he said. “Really? Oh I’m so excited,” she said with a happy smile on her face and her eyes sparkling with excitement before hearing Bunny start crying as soon as the glove finger was empty.

She giggled a bit when she heard what he said before saying, “So adorable. I can help you take care of him if you’d like.” She watched him coo over the tiny ball of fluff before turning her attention to the realtor as he got his things ready. A waitress passing by just then asked her what she wanted to drink and she said water without lemon and she nodded before asking the realtor if he wanted anything to drink as well.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery hugged him from behind. "Is that you saying I'm handsome? " He giggles and kissed his cheek. He leaned back on the table. "Hmmm. " He looked down at a book and gasped. "I found a name! The book lady Falcon is a love story, two lovers are cursed to never see each other by spurned pope who loved the woman. She's a falcon at day and human at night, he's a wolf at night.  Isabo is her name. That could be falcon's name and for now you can call me Navarre!" The bird let out a screach of approval and did a lap around the house. "It's a book in a different language not common around here so it will be a perfect cover!"

((It's a movie called Lady Hawk and it's and 80's film. really good. I just changed it to a falcon XD))

-------

"Yeah, mom doesn't want claw marks on the dresses." Zane chuckled.

"I'll have a coffee thank you." The relator said as he got out his ink and pen.  "So you are paying in full today Sir Rodriguez?"

" Yes I am I have the money now." He said patting the satchel he wore. "I would like to have the bag pack once the money has been deposited." 

"Of course Sir. And Lady Alex will be a co-owner of the home?"

"Absolutely."

"If you both just sign here, here, and initial here, I'll hand you the keys and you'll have your new home." The man said.

Zane was now cleaning and burping the kitten, patting it's back so it doesn't get hiccups and lucking his thumb to clean the milk from the baby's mouth as it mewed in protest before he wrapped it up once more in his handkerchief and tucking him back in between his chest and the armor where the little thing could be herd purring before falling asleep. 

Zane signed the document, and handed the pen to Alex. "Will it have to change when we get married?" He asked the man. 

"If it's planned to be this year, she should just sign your last name as hers now so you won't have to deal with more paperwork." The man said sipping his coffee.

Zane looked at Alex with a grin and pulled out a a ring (sixth down) of silver with a rope with a knot engraved in it and the letters Z&A stamped inside the band. "I will love to be married this year... I know you will say yes if I proposed to you now. This won't snag, it's flat, and perfect for a swords woman and I have a identical one in gold with our initials switched being finished today. " He said setting the ring in front of her. "You need practice with signing your new name anyway love."

((we used to have it before it got donated. I agree. it’s a very good movie. that’s fine. it fits with the rp :)))

“Maybe but also warning you in case I’m approached by a bunch of girls due to me not being around my girlfriend and you don’t get jealous,” Cody said in reply before hearing the rest of what he said afterward especially what he exclaimed excitedly. “That sounds like a very good story and I’d like to read it sometime. That’s a really good name for her and okay. What should I refer to you as, though? Friend, brother, or boyfriend if asked? You know because I’m usually seen with my girlfriend. Thought I’d run it by you first before we head out and I don’t accidentally hurt your feelings for saying the wrong thing,” he said with a smile but also with quite a pensive look on his face.

-•-•-

((I thought he already proposed? he did that awhile back at the Spanish restaurant when the four of them went on a double date so I’m a bit confused because I thought they were already engaged; I could have misread the post again 😶. also is the ring he gave her now to replace the one that looks like a castle and opens up that she wears on the chain around her neck? just making sure I’m not confused with that as well))

Alex nodded before the waitress nodded as well and went inside to get the drinks. Alex listened to the conversation between Zane and the realtor after the waitress went back inside the café, still happy and not believing that they’ll be getting the house they had both liked while house searching. She nodded about them signing and initialing where they needed to before watching her love put Bunny back in the place he had been earlier to sleep once more.

She took the pen after Zane signed and was about to do it herself where she needed to before hearing what he asked the realtor and the latter’s answer to it. It was then that he gave her a silver ring that had a rope and knot engraving in it with the initials “Z&A” stamped on the inside of it. “Of course I would but I thought you already proposed. It’s beautiful and okay,” she said with a slightly perplexed look on her face before signing her name with her last name as “Rodriguez” and then also initialing it where she needed to.

Edited by SkySong278

((yes I want it so bad! And it's a replacement bring for the one she wares around her neck that can be visible always. ))

"Um well, men aren't really allowed to be with another man at least in this place, and it will be scandalous for my social standing if my boyfriend is with another man even though it's myself others don't know that." He added eye liner. "You can call me your sailor friend. " He messed up the front part of his hair and smiled. "I kinda look like Sinbad!"

-----

"I did at the restaurant. This is just one to replace the one you wear on your neck so it's easily spotted. I want you to start wearing it today. " He said and handed over the bag of coins to the relator then took the two copies of the keys amd handed one to Alex. "I have a bit of a break so we can move in things, I have my wagon packed and ready to go. Avery will help you with your things later. " He said and stood up to head back to his mom's place to get Toro and the wagon. 

((I was referring to the part where you had him say if he was to propose to her right now that she’d say yes and okay. I thought so. I just wanted to be sure because I know that I’ve misread your posts before))

“Okay and yes you do,” Cody said in reply to both of his statements with a smile and watched as Avery put on a bit of eyeliner. “You look dashing.”

-•-•-

“Oh okay but you said that if you were to propose right now that you know I’d say yes so that’s why I was a bit confused. I will,” she said before picking up the ring and then put it on her finger. The other ring she had on her finger, she added to the chain around her neck. She took the key he gave her before nodding and following after him to the stables. “Also I don’t know if I told you this or not yet and if I haven’t please don’t think I’m crazy but I can talk to and understand animals now,” she said with a bit of a worried expression on her face to see how’d react to the news. “For example when I had said ‘so adorable’ earlier, I was talking about him being adorable and also that he called you mama and was asking for more.”

Edited by SkySong278

((yeah I messed up I thought he hadn't perposed, and this ring she wares on her finger, not on her necklace. I thought this would be important when the love potion takes hold. ))

Avery blushed and pulled him down for a deep kiss lasting about a minute then let him go. "I need to get that out of my system before we left. " He grabbed his stick with Isabo still perched on it and folded up the stand pocketing it. "I'm ready let's go. "

--+--

"Oh I did? I thought I just told you that the castle ring was an engagement ring and you had it moved fingers. Oh no, no NoNo. That one you will wear.  You will have that on your finger even when working. That's why I had that made that way so you can wear it all the time. " He said walking into the stables outside his house and hooked up Toro, leading him to the new house. "Wait really? That's odd, I know magic users can do it because of their familiars and such but you don't have a trace of gold in your eyes. " He said confused. He then tucked the spot where bunny was sleeping. "Aww! I am his mommy now. I will keep him safe and warm. " He cooed to his chest softly and unlocked the door to the new house. He took a trunk of his clothes and hauled it inside. 

((oh okay. I edited my post to have her wear the ring he gave her and then put the other ring he had given to her when he proposed on the chain with the castle ring. just curious but would he see it and somehow remember he was engaged to Alex? is that why it would be important? I also came up with a post for her being depressed to post later but I’ll need to edit it a bit before I post it. I’ll send it to you via pm to look over first, though so I can edit it again if need be before it officially gets posted))

Cody blushed as well when he was pulled into a deep kiss by Avery because he wasn’t expecting it and then looked into his eyes when it ended about a minute later. “Thanks for that. I enjoyed it and okay,” he said in reply to what he said about getting that out of his system as well as him being ready and then opened the door and held it open for the former to go first.

-•-•-

“You did and sorry. I’m forgetful at times plus I had a really busy day. I did put it on and you told me that awhile ago and not today. I plan to,” she said in reply before following him to the stables to get Spot and to also lead him to the new house beside Zane. “Yep and I know. It happened three weeks ago so I think it might have had something to possibly do with Avery getting a familiar that I now have this ability but I’ll have to talk to him more about that to be sure,” she said in reply to his question and his confused statement before leaving Spot outside and following Zane into the house. She didn’t have anything to add to it right then but she’d go back to his mom’s home/store to get the things she had there to put in their house later as well as whatever she still had back at her parent’s house. “That you are and I’m sure you’ll do a good job with that. I can help you out if you’d like me to like if you’ll be working late, I can make sure to feed and keep him warm.” She then went up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck from behind after following him inside their house and said, “I love you mi amore.”

Edited by SkySong278

Avery waled out and thanked him and went the back way to the main road. He took a deep breath. "Hmmm... It's nice outside. Do you want to look at the garden? Or go see if Zane needs help moving? He bought that property today. It was in the city relator schedule to meet up with him for a payment in full. " He suggested. "Then I want to go over to the docks. A lady isn't allowed over there unless she has passege and I absolutely love ships and the ocean. If I didn't become who I am today I would've ran away to be a sailor instead of a knight. " He grinned. 

------

Zane turned and leaned down to kiss her deeply after setting down his trunk. The house had a few bits of furniture, mostly things like a bookshelf that was too cumbersome to move for the previous owner, the stove and fireplace and a old milking stool but otherwise nothing on the main floor. It was three stories like his mom's house, larger thought and more space and bedrooms for them and any children they'll have. A neighborhood stable area was across the street so their horses would be close although there was no space for a pasture from houses all around.

"I love you too mi amore.  I'd appreciate the help, he's very needy and I'll need someone to look after him when I'm training so he doesn't get hurt by accedent. Oh! " He cursed. "Training! Can you unload the stuff from the wagon? I brought a mattress for us to sleep on while we look for a bed. Avery may be over, he's been keeping an eye on the house for me in the records room. " He said looking around like he was forgetting something. "Oh! Take Bunny. He needs a bath, warm milk every four hours and continuous heat. He was out in that storm last night. Burp him after meals to keep him from getting hiccups they can be painful for a kitten his size." He said carefully pulling the little bundle from his chest and set him carefully in her hands. He kissed her deeply then dashed out. "I'll be back home soon love! Take care of our baby!"  He called out and ran down the street. He stopped by the Jewelers briefly to pick up his wedding ring slipped it on his finger and dash towards the castle for his training of the new guards. 

“You’re welcome,” Cody said in reply after closing the door behind them and then following after him afterward towards the main road. “I agree. We can go see if Zane needs help moving. Alex might be there by now as well after being done with her work for the day,” he said in reply before hearing everything else that was said. “Sounds good and I didn’t know that. Was Alex aware that’s what you might’ve wanted to do as a back-up plan?”

-•-•-

Alex kissed him back with a small blush on her cheeks before it was over and she looked around the house briefly. She saw a few pieces of furniture that were still there and left behind from the previous owner before having her attention go back to being on Zane afterward.

“I’ll be glad to help with the cute little kitten. I’ll do that,” she said before getting concerned when he suddenly cursed. “Go and I’ll make sure to do all of that while you’re gone. I’ll keep an eye out for Ave. Yes see you later,” she said before kissing him back after she was handed the little bundle and also before watching him leave quickly to head back to the castle. She sighed when he was gone and then headed back outside to see about unloading the wagon.

-°-°-

Kimberly was back in the tea room, finishing up the last few steps of the love potion she had been making these last few days or so. When it was done, she picked up an empty canteen, filled it halfway with water before putting the potion in it and then filled it the rest of the way with water so that it could mix. She didn't make much potion, just about two tablespoons worth, which she thought was a good starting point for a potion she was just starting off with. She then headed outside to the training grounds with it and waited for an opportunity to give it to Zane. She had also made sure to get a canteen of water for Edward as well but the one for Zane was the only one with the potion in it.

Edited by SkySong278

Avery shook his head as he turned down the street that was a couple streets away from Alex's new house. "No. She knew I loved boats but I was so shy, she wouldn't think I'd be so bold to run away like that and be a disappointment to Dad. " He waved his hand and the falcon flew ahead swooping into the house and perched on the mantel. "Your brother is coming with his boyfriend. They want to help you unload. Call him Navarre around others. Is that a baby?" Isabo cherped tilting her head looking at the kitten. She then fluttered over standing on Alex's shoulder. "Cute baby, looks like a rabbit. I like rabbits. Can I watch baby? I like babies." She trilled softly to the sleeping kitten.  Avery and Cody came up to the house at that time. "Hello? Anyone home?" Avery called from the porch. 

-----------

Zane rushed into the courtyard as soon as Edward finished his lecture about being late, ironically. "I'm sorry Edward, was just moving in to my new house and lost track of time until Alex said something about training.  Had to get my ring today too on the way here before they closed in a hour. Ran all the way here. " He said a bit breathless then snapped to attention. " Alright men! Show me what you got!" 

"Oh okay," Cody said in reply before watching as Isabo flew towards Alex and Zane's new house before following after Avery to the porch where the former called inside it.

Alex had gotten quite a few other things unpacked from the wagon and put them in places where she thought would be a good place for them and had put the mattress up in the room she thought was theirs. She was now sitting on the floor when Isabo came in and perched on the mantle. "Okay and thank you for telling me. Yes it is," she said in reply to everything she said and asked before the bird perched on her shoulder and she listened to everything else she said and asked afterward. "Yes he does. His name is Bunny because of that and sure," she said before hearing Avery call from the porch. "In here Ave!" she called softly so as not to wake up the still sleeping kitten.

-°-°-

Kimberly was standing near the fence when Zane arrived after Edward lectured the other soldiers about being late, setting down the canteens on either side of her. The training had just started so she'd have to wait a bit longer to give Zane the canteen with his water in it so in the meantime, she'd just stay back and watch from a safe distance since she didn't want to be in the way. She'd wait until both men were taking a break before bringing them their water.