SkySong278

A Knight's Story

((They didn't need to pay. Everything was on the house due to a favor they owed Zane))

"Of course. I felt like I was going to faint when you said yes. My heart was racing so fast. I was terrified that you would say it was too soon. The day you were stabbed I thought I lost you. It tore my heart to bits. I don't ever want to experience that again. Promise me you'll be careful next time you're in a dangerous situation...please?" He says as they walked by a fountain.

--

Avery took a deep breath of the cool night air. He pulled his shawl tighter around them as they left the protection of the buildings and out into the open were a cool summer breeze tussled the blades of grass and the hem of his dress. 

((I edited my previous post))

“Oh and I was surprised because you told Ave that you’d like to marry me someday and I wasn’t expecting ‘someday’ to be so soon. I was very happy, though and wouldn’t have turned you down. I’m sorry. I should have been more prepared that day and I promise,” Alex said in reply to everything that Zane said and asked before looking over at the fountain as they passed it.

~-~-

“Here,” Cody said as he put his suit jacket over Avery’s shoulders to help keep him warmer in the cool summer breeze just before they arrived at the bottom of the hill. He started to walk up it while holding the former’s hand in order to help him in case it was needed.

Edited by SkySong278

Zane pulled her over to the fountain and sat on the edge before pulling her against his chest, her hips between his legs. This way they were the same height and his forehead rested against hers. "I don't say reject me. I said I was scared that you'll say it was too soon in our relationship for marriage. I'm already saving money for a nice house that we can make a home out of it together. That way, after we go on adventures, we can come home and relax in each other's arms in the peace of our home. And hopefully..... eventually we'd have little feet running around the house filling it with more love and laughter..." He hummed wistfully looking right into her eyes as he said this. 

---

Avery smiled and used the other free hand of his to lift up the skirts so he wouldn't trip. He stumbled twice, his grip tightening on Cody's and sighed in relief once they reached the crest of the hill. "Thank you dear. Aren't you going to get cold though?" He asked as he eased himself on the grass, adjusting his skirts to get comfortable. 

Alex looked into Zane’s eyes after he pulled her over to be standing in the middle of his legs while he sat on the edge of the fountain and after he rested his forehead against hers. “Oh sorry I misunderstood. I know I’ve been doing that a lot lately but my mind is just on other things. I don’t think it is and even if it was, I don’t care because we both make each other happy and that’s all that matters. I can’t wait for that to happen and I keep dreaming of little kids running about our future yard and home so I’m excited for that to happen as well,” she said in reply to everything else he said before wrapping her arms around his neck while still looking into his eyes. She then remembered what he said regarding adventures and asked with her eyes sparkling slightly, “Oh? And where would we going on these adventures or is that a surprise?”

~-~-

Cody helped Avery up the hill while keeping hold of his hand after he stumbled a few times before they made it to the top. “You’re welcome and the cold doesn’t bother me that much,” he said in reply before sitting down next to the former on the grass.

Edited by SkySong278

He brushed her cheeks with his thumb, his hands softly resting on her neck. "What's been on your mind lately my love? Were ever the king wants us to go. " He replied to her question, running the rough pad of his thumb over her lips tracing them softly, his eyes drifting to them like he was going to kiss her, but then snapped back up to her eyes deciding against it. "I'm happy you dream of such things. It makes me swell with pride and joy that you want the same things I do. ......" He paused then stopped tracing her lips in favor of kissing them tenderly. He kissed until they both couldn't breathe before pulling away, eyes glazed and out of focus. "Couldn't help it.... you taste sweeter then chocolate. " He said softly with a lopsided smile. 

------

((Insert let it go song here! XD ))

"I find that hard to believe. Then again, you are wearing long sleeves and pants..." He mused softly. "So many stars out. How many constellations can you name?"

((XD; oops sorry :ph34r:))

Alex leaned into his hand when his thumb brushed her cheek before saying in reply to both his question and statement, “Both happy distracting things and worrisome things. For the happy distracting things those would be living with you and kids running around. For the worrisome things those would be that maybe the assassins from the other day were hired by Dominique’s lawyer and what if they came back again and were successful. Ah okay. I would really enjoy being sent somewhere if it means getting out of town for a little while.” She continued to look into his eyes even when his seemed to stray down towards her lips where he traced them with one of his thumbs and enjoyed that before she heard his other statement. “Of course mi amore. The thought of having kids of our own makes me very happy,” she said before he kissed her and she kissed him back. “Really? I didn’t know that,” she said in reply just as softly as he did to what he said after he had pulled back from the kiss with a small blush on her cheeks and after she had gotten her breath back. She then noticed that his eyes were a bit glazed. “Your eyes are a bit unfocused and glazed love,” she told him before rubbing one of her own thumbs against one of his cheeks.

~-~-

“I’ve always been a bit warm-blooded,” Cody said in reply with a shrug before hearing the statement and question Avery said and asked him. “Yes there are and probably not as many as you. I know the big and small dippers and Orion,” he said in reply as he also looked up at the sky.

Edited by SkySong278

"Of course you wouldn't know that..." He smiled at her one word question and statement about him announcing how sweet her lips tasted to him. "Huh... maybe it's because I can't think clearly around you Mi amore. " he kissed her again with a soft content sigh. "I don't think so. The lawyer is a cowered without my dad's influence. That trial ruined his reputation. Sure, but assassins who were planted months ago, gradually working their way to the king's and queens side... they were there before my trail ever took place. No way he did it. And to go after the king and queen? If anything he'd go after me personally. To higher people takes money, and from what info I gathered, the family lawyer went bankrupt. Something else is up though. It's not my father so please, get your mind away from that man. He no longer holds fear over me, you shouldn't let him do it to you. Now let's stop talking about such dark occurrences and focus on what happened only an hour ago, my proposal and your acceptance." He suggested. 

-------

"Orion is out. If you can find the big dipper, then you have the shoulder of Torus the bull zodiac. " Avery explained studying the sky. 

“Oh,” Alex said in reply to both of his statements before he kissed her again and she kissed him back before he pulled away. “Okay and you’re right. I’m sorry,” she said in reply to his last few statements regarding them talking about the proposal and her acceptance to it before softly running her hand over his cheek. “It was only an hour ago? Huh I thought it was earlier than that. What does amada mean? You’ve never called me that before,” she asked and said as she got into the suggested topic.

~-~-

“Oh okay and I see it,” Cody said in reply to everything Avery said as he looked in the direction of the Big Dipper and saw the part of Torus that was mentioned. He also tried to spot other constellations while looking at the more common one.

"Beloved." He said leaning into her touch. " about forty five minutes ago, but still... took us a half hour to walk here. I wasn't in any rush. " He kissed the palm of her hand before pulling her on to his lap so she can sit and relax. 

----

"Then Pegasus is by torus." He pointed out a cluster of dots. 

“Oh okay,” Alex said in reply before she was pulled into his lap to sit. She smiled when she felt him kiss her palm before leaning in and kissing him again on the lips. “You taste like fresh picked strawberries,” she said softly after she had pulled away from it.

~-~-

It took Cody a few minutes to spot Pegasus but when he did, he nodded to let Avery know he found it. “Anything else you want to talk about in addition to finding constellations while we’re here?” he asked after a few minutes of silence.

Edited by SkySong278

My creative juices aren't flowing as nicely as I want them to! :blush:))

Zane raised an eyebrow. "Really? Interesting. Chocolate and strawberries. A perfect combination." He said softly. "Should try to make that sometime might make big money from that."

-----

Well..... I feel a little..... jealous of my sister I guess. I'm happy for her, don't get me wrong but I can't really get married myself....."

((that’s okay 😊. want to take another small break to see if you can get them back and then continue once they are?))

“Mhm,” Alex said in reply to Zane’s question as well as the one word response and statement that followed before hearing the last statement he said. “Hm yeah we should. When might also be a good time to start house hunting or should we wait for that?”

-~-~-

“It’s okay to be jealous and sure you can. No one else knows that you’re really a boy, right other than your family, me, and Zane? So I think you still can while being dressed as a girl.”

Edited by SkySong278

((No not really. ))

Zane tilted his head. "Well I don't have enough funds so not until we have enough to get a decent house, and if we can't find one we agree on, but a plot of land that we can build a house on. "

----

"My birth record says male. If I sign my name, my full name I would get caught by the records keeper. Then there's kids from my schooling. I was a boy until I took my lady lessons, so it isn't just my family who knows. However I'm lucky I haven't ran into any of my old class mates yet. Laws are laws. I'm not the king, I can't change them."

((okay :)))

“Okay and I like that idea,” Alex said in reply before running a hand through his hair. “What should we do now? Stay here for a bit longer or start heading back towards your house?” she asked after a few minutes.

~-~-

“Oh okay so I guess that means that we won’t be able to get married unless we explained the circumstances but even then it might not still be allowed.”

"My house. It's getting late and mom would get worried." He said getting up and took her hand. 

---

"Maybe.... not officially...." He said his head tilted like he was thinking about something really hard. "Not in a church and with a priest, or a certificate but.... your dad can file adoption papers so I can change my last name to yours so officially we'd be brothers, but unofficially my dad would have given me away like a bride. And to those whom ask, we can claim marriage. The ring is all they see... " He flushed. "Well that is if you want to. Being a scribe I can find loopholes in contracts and make them myself... so I guess we can write a contract as a "truce between families" for that's officially what a marriage is these days and have it sighed and submitted so it can be a disguised marrigal contract..."

“Okay,” Alex said before being helped up by him and then taking his offered hand in one of her own. As she started to walk with him back towards his house she said with the smile still on her face, “You just made me the happiest girl in town.”

~-~-

Cody looked at Avery curiously when he heard the short statement before hearing everything else that he said afterward. “We can do that sure but we’d probably have to talk to our families about it first before we go ahead with the idea.”

"And you made me the luckiest man in town. " Zane smiled brightly kissing the ring now on her finger. 

------

"Wait..what?" Avery was shocked. "Did I hear you correctly?"

“It’s a very beautiful ring. I love it,” Alex said after smiling a bit more when she heard what Zane said in response to what she had said earlier before they arrived back at his house a little while later. “Will I be sleeping in your room again or is there a guest room that I can use?”

~-~-

“Yes? Sorry was that supposed to be hypothetical or reality? I was just trying to say that we can do that later when both of us are ready and plus I don’t have a ring made yet so...,” Cody asked and said in reply to Avery’s shocked questions before rubbing the back of his head a bit sheepishly and embarrassingly as he blushed a somewhat dark pink color.

Edited by SkySong278

"In my room still. Unfortunately there's still cloth in the spare room and I sleep in my mother's room from the persistent nightmares still so you're quite fine." He said getting the door for her. 

---

Avery simply blinked open mouthed at Cody for several minutes. "Uah.... um... it was... mostly hypothetical......" He stammered out. 

“Okay. Is there a way that I can help you get rid of those nightmares?” Alex said and asked in reply to everything that he said in reply to the question she had asked earlier. She then kissed him softly on the cheek in thanks for him opening the door for her before she walked into the sewing shop/house ahead of him and led the way into the entrance. “I’m going to go ahead and get ready for bed before turning in for the night so I’ll see you in the morning,” she said before kissing him on the lips for a few enjoyable minutes and then pulling away shortly afterward and going upstairs to do everything she said. She got out of her dress, dressed into her pajamas, and then got into bed before falling straight to sleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

~-~-

“Oh sorry,” Cody said in reply while still very sheepish due to his earlier mistake. “So um would you like me to walk you back to your house to call it a night or do you want to stay out here for a bit longer?” he asked after a few minutes more of silence between them.

((thought we could ts to the next morning if that’s okay or we can skip a bit longer))

Edited by SkySong278

((Skip a bit longer away. I got a plan! 😈))

"No, but just being by my side helps." He returned the kiss goodnight and sighed happily watching her head to the third floor he crept into his mother's room on the second floor and slipped off his shoes. "¿Qué dijo mijo?" She muttered as he slipped into the bed allowing his sleepy mother to pet his hair as she asked what she (Alex) said. "Ella dijo que sí mamá. Será mi esposa." He replied informing his now smiling mother that Alex said yes, she would be his wife. She pulled her son close and kissed the top of his head. "She is a good choice mijo. Now get some sleep... heavens know you need it. " she softly teased and then hummed until her son was asleep before returning to her own slumber. 

----

Avery got up and patted the dress smooth. "We should... um.. head home. Mom's probably worried..." He said shyly. They were halfway back to Avery's house when he spoke again. "It... doesn't have to be hypothetical though..." He said looking at his feet. "Y.... you seemed awfully crestfallen when I said it was..... would you..... would you really want to marry me?" He asked, voice barely a whisper. 

((okay and uh oh :blink:. would a month work or should we do longer than a month?))

”Okay then back to your house we’ll go,” Cody said in reply with a smile as he led the way carefully back down the hill. “Oh um okay and I was more embarrassed than crestfallen when I heard it was just hypothetical. I would but I also wasn’t lying when I said I wasn’t prepared right now for it because I don’t have a ring. I’ll also need to ask your father for his blessing and think up a proposal so it might be a bit longer until I’m ready,” he said in reply to all that Avery said and asked last regarding his idea not needing to be a hypothetical one just before they arrived at the former’s house again. “Good night,” he said when they were on the porch before leaning in and kissing him softly on the lips and then pulling back shortly afterward.

((Hmmm... a month. And Cody was busy so he missed the training session. ))

Avery kissed him back with a blush and headed inside, upstairs to bed. 

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

((okay to both. I’ll initiate the ts after my post as Cody))

Cody stayed on the porch to make sure that Avery got inside okay and then headed back to his house, got ready for bed, and then went to bed shortly afterward.

~-~-

tsing a month

A month had passed since Alex and Zane’s engagement and she was still very happy and excited about it. At work, she was smiling all the time and even humming which made a few of the guards around her including the one that shared guard duty outside the queen’s chambers look at her oddly. She didn’t care and continued to do that.

~~~

Cody was looking at rings after his training with the kids a month later, finding one he liked shortly after and asking the vendor to hold it for him until he was ready to pick it up. Then remembering what day it was and that he had needed to be somewhere and had completely forgotten about it, he smacked his forehead before making his way to where Avery was training with David although he knew the former would be a bit disappointed that he hadn’t been there when he had said that he would be.

Edited by SkySong278

A month had passed, and Zane kept getting either patts on the back or glowering looks of jealousy following his announcement of his engagement to Alex. As allays he was aware to any threats, yet even the king was more talkative, questioning him on a date and if he could attend. Although the king is only in his forties and had a son who was quite young, it was obvious he considered Zane as a family member rather than a guard. Zane got nowhere with questioning the assassin who committed suicide, strangling herself with her chains three weeks ago.

This made him nervous, With no information, there is no telling if there could be a second attack.

---

Avery smacked David once again for touching his butt again. " I said stop it! I mean it David, stop it now!"  "Aww, darlin. Don't be like that..." The tall sun tanned wiry lad drawled as he pulled Avery against him and forced a kiss on him. He had wisely taken the knife Avery trained with from him and now restrained the wrists of his student.