RWyvern

(1x1) Proving a Theory

(me everytime)

Favnir didn't seem to mind, as the girl - Chaotic Vampire, was it? - swore a lot as well. Swearing was not really accepted in the public eye, but Favnir didn't really care. They had heard it all at this point. "Cursing is alright with me, as long as you're all old enough, but please refrain from doing it in public." Favnir warned, spinning their staff in their tail. "By the way, how old are you all?" Favnir said, raising their voice so they could be heard in the other's minds as well.

"Zerure- Zerureusu? Huh, interesting name..." Chaotic Vampire said, tapping her finger on the handlebar of her bike. "Oh, this thing? This is one of the main modes of transportation from where we're from." Chaotic said, gesturing to both herself and Kobra Kid, who had perked up at the sound of him being mentioned. "The other mode of transportation, a more difficult thing to find, is a more... beefed up version of this, seats anywhere from two to even six at times, and it called a car." Chaotic said, reaching over to point at Kobra. "And this guy, lucky f/cker, has one. Well, his brother has one. They all use it. It goes hella fast, and is one of the prettiest-ly decorated things in the Zones, I'll tell you." Oh no, getting off to one of her slight rambles again. Luckily, she caught herself there. "Anyways, both are ways you get around, and both are hellishly difficult to get a hand on." Chaotic explained, smiling down at Zerureusu.

"I know I'm like, I have no idea, uh, late twenties? Early thirties? Somewhere in that range." Kobra Kid finally spoke up, Chaotic looking over at him.

"Same over here. I'm 20 something." Chaotic answered, Favnir nodding their head as they processed the new information.

Edited by petewentztheemogod

"I ride meownsters, nya!" Zerureusu nodded seriously. "Both to hunt them and as transport! Nya, one day I want to adopt a Nargacuga and raise it and hunt things together. It has black fur, like me."

The cat jumped a little, tail fluffing up. Oh, that was just Favnir... with that weird mind speak thing again. Zerureusu purred.

"Four?" he mewed. After Kobra and Chaotic had recited their ages, that number suddenly seemed really insignificant.

"Wow, you guys are old!" Patty ran back to Liz's side and began prodding Kid. "I'm fifteen, and Liz is..."

"Older," Liz interrupted. "And Kid is fifteen, same as Patty."

Patty waved a hand in front of Kid's face. "He's still out of it!" she laughed.

(I'm having so much fun thinking of the nonsense that's gonna go down at the inn help)

"You darn kids get off my property!" Kobra Kid said with a giggle, waving an imaginary cane around as Chaotic Vampire tried her best not to laugh at the weird sh/t her acquaintance was doing. Favnir was slightly confused at this, giving Kobra a strange look before turning to the rest.

"What? We're not old! We're adults, but not old!" Chaotic said with her own laugh. Favnir was very confused now. Must be some inside joke from their realms... the only way I can understand this ordeal in front of me, I guess. Favir thought, beginning to smile themself. An interesting bunch, aren't they?

(ahhh it is a smol post)

(dragon.exe is not responding)

(try another joke that all realms will get?)

Kobra and Chaotic's joy was infectious, and Liz eventually had to drop her serious demeanour. "You're all grade-schoolers compared to how long a shinigami can live," she said, reaching around with her free hand and ruffling Kid's hair.

The reaction was instant.

"Liz NO!" Kid snapped out of his half-conscious state, jumping back from Liz's hand. "You ruined it! It's not symmetrical any more!" He began frantically combing his hair with his fingers and rearranging his fringe.

Liz looked at Chaotic and Kobra. "Well... that solved that. It honestly amazes me how he can live knowing there's that one bit of hair that never lays flat..."

"Liz! Tell me if it's symmetrical now." Kid grabbed Liz, crouching down so she could check the parting. She sighed.

"It's fine. Really, it is."

Kid stood back up, all panic suddenly completely absent. "Alright then." At this point, he noticed they were in a different place to before. "Where are we going?"

The two Zonerunners and the White dragon watched the situation unfold before them with smiles on their faces (well, somewhat in Kobra Kid's case, he was trying to hide it mostly) and Chaotic Vampire concluded that this thing that Kid had with his hair or symmetry or whatnot could be fun to mess around with. Taping her finger against her handlebar, she answered the kid. "We're going, uh, to an inn...?" Chaotic said, throwing a quick look at Favir, who nodded. "Yeah, an inn, just to stay for a bit." Favnir nodded once more, strolling forwards and keeping pace in front of the others.

"Well, we're not saying that Zonerunners live very long, ha, not to mention Killjoys, which my life is already quartered, because well, I am a Killjoy..." Kobra Kid said, looking down at his feet. "I expect to get ghosted in the next couple of years, even if things do go well. Hell, possibly even months. Weeks if things go badly. But ah well, what can I do?" Kobra said, kicking at a rock on the ground before him. "So yeah, a lot of things live longer than us." Kobra said, eyes widening as Chaotic playfully pushed.

"Goddammit Kobra, you're such a downer!" Chaotic said, Kobra rolling his eyes at her. "Here, a joke will cheer you up. Hm... oh! I got one! What's green, red, and goes round and around and around?" Chaotic said, a mischievous smile on her face as Kobra gave her a strange look, telling her to go on. "A frog in a blender!" Chaotic said, and at Kobra's suddenly horrified reaction as he got the joke Chaotic burst out laughing. Favnir was beyond confusion now, as they did not know what in Valkemare a blender was. What even...?

(shall we make a timeskip or something to the inn and save Favnir from the humiliation of not being able to understand the worst of jokes?)

"Fair enough." Kid kept pace alongside Favnir, largely ignoring the nonsense going on in the background.

At Chaotic's 'joke' (let's face it: it was old and terrible) combined with Kobra's reaction (which was new and brilliant), Patty produced some kind of noise that was halfway between a laugh and a hiccup, and then she choked on her own laughter. "Kobra your face! That was amazing!"

Zerureusu lowered the helmet just long enough to raise a paw. "Nya, what's a 'blender'?"

Liz looked down at the cat. This little guy here was probably the most out of place individual of them all... But she had barely even spoken to him. No drawing conclusions just yet, but he did look pretty... primitive?

(meanwhile noondhana waits, planting flowers because that's what villains do)

(sure!)

The gang arrived outside of the busy inn, Favnir keeping them aside as a big plated dragon squeezed through the entrance, the doorway obviously too small for him, before allowing them to enter in, Chaotic Vampire keeping her bike close to her as she felt stares on the newcomers bore into their skins as soon as they had entered.

It was a bustling, busy place, mixtures of roars, dragon's voices entering their mind, human voices echoing through the room, and clinks of scales and glass on the dark wooden furniture. It was lit with a multitude of candles in a rather primitive fashion, the glowing eyes of the dragons illuminating the space, and the occasional burst of flames doing so as well. It was a rowdy place as well, Chaotic pushing up her short sleeves and flicking down her sunglasses to avoid the stares she was receiving, Kobra Kid putting on his helmet do serve the same purpose. Favnir led them further in, where a small Sunstone dragon worked tirelessly behind a desk, filling out papers with scratchy writing and tending to guest's needs.

"You all here?" Favnir asked the group, taking a quick look at the gang to make sure that none had been left behind before beginning to converse with the Sunstone dragon.

"This is strange..." Chaotic observed, hugging her bike closer to herself as Kobra nodded in agreement. So totally out of this world.

Seeing Kobra cover up his head, Zerureusu offered Chaotic her helmet back in case she would like to do the same. As his eyes adjusted to the dim lighting - no problem for a Felyne - he began to take in the variety of dragons. So many different shapes and sizes, some of them playing board games, others just talking amongst themselves, and one black-scaled dragon with luminescent green eyes turned to look at the newcomers, lighting up his face with a jet of alcohol-fuelled fire.

"Some inn, huh?" Kid observed, hardly impressed with this place. "Looks more like a pub." They'd all probably be better off trusting Favnir for now, though Kid couldn't help but feel a little uncertain. The souls of all these individuals varied greatly, telling basic aspects of each dragon and human's personality. Some were gentle and well-spoken, like Favnir. Others were more violent and could care less of what others thought of them.

"They all look very friendly!" Patty said, waving at some of the dragons.

Liz pushed Patty's hand down. "Let's try not to attract attention..."

(suddenly sees a perfect excuse to use a certain dragon on my scroll 8DDD )

Chaotic Vampire cast a glance down at Zerureusu, shaking her head at his gesture. She felt as though her sunglasses were enough, and she already had her hands full, with her bike and all that. "Ah, pub, inn, whatever you'd like to call it. Here it's known as an inn, because it does have rooms beings can come and stay in, but I guess it could be called a pub or a bar as well. Whatever name meets your fancy." Favnir said to Kid, shrugging their shoulders as they slid some coins (Where did Favnir get those?) over to the dragon working the desk, who quickly snapped them up and slid back some keys, which Favnir gently took into their paws, conversing a bit more with the Sunstone.

Kobra Kid took this time to look around at the oddities that befell this strange place, where huge plated dragons were playing with, in comparison, tiny chess-like sets and firey dragons, reminiscent of the dragon that the group had fought off before, but with less horse-y appendages, seemed to be having quite the fire spitting contest in the back. Tiny dragons flew around in the rafters of the place like birds lost in supermarkets, two headed dragons bickering with itself over what to get, dragons who seemed to be made of plants walked past, and even a floating eel-like dragon came through once. But Kobra's eyes suddenly seemed to lock into contact with a particular dragon, which was staring right at him with a quizzical, amused expression. Kobra's hands winded down his body to grip the handle of his raygun as this dark purple dragon seemed to let out a laugh.

"Dude, you okay?" Kobra broke off this staring contest to whirl his head around, connecting his eyes instead to a mildly concerned Chaotic. "Take it easy, Killjoy, don't go shooting anything up, alright? We'll be done in a few." Kobra nodded, paying more attention to what Favnir was doing instead of the dragons behind him.

"Could've given us a bit more information and let us know what we were in for..."

Kid mostly spoke to himself as he watched Favnir and the shiny orange dragon, on high alert for anything that might go wrong. He wasn't letting Liz or Patty out of his sight.

He heard Chaotic speak up to Kobra, and looked towards the two. "Yes, I'd rather not stir up more trouble." He adjusted his brooch and looked down at the floor.

The dark dragon that had breathed fire just before now walked over towards the group, thick claws dragging across the wooden floor. The dragon bared their teeth in a frightening smile, 'laughing' in that strange manner dragons laughed in. Their breath smelt foul, like they had spent a night drinking.

"New blood, huh? Weird-looking bunch. Man, you all smell so bad!" The dragon leaned back with a bellow, slamming a paw on the nearest table as though what they had just said was the funniest thing in the world.

(which dragon is this on your scroll?)

Favnir seemed to wrap up their brief conversation with the Sunstone, waving a farewell towards the red dragon, before almost knocking into the big black one, nearly not seeing it, for their attention was focused on other things. Both the Zonerunners looked up at the dragon, Chaotic Vampire's grip increasing on the handlebars of her bike as she shot a glare at Kobra Kid, not wanting him to do anything that could get them into trouble. "Excuse me, sir, we need to get through." For the first time, Favnir's voice seemed to carry a bit of an edge to it, as they twirled their staff in their tail in annoyance. "Could you please let us pass?" Favnir was holding something back, to keep on going with their peaceful, pacifist attitudes. In truth, Favnir didn't like these types of dragons too much, with their breaths that smelled sour, and their tendencies to get into bar fights. Favnir tried to avoid them as much as they could, to be honest.

(Errybody's favourite, Gambler Yamoh. He's just a perfect fit)

The dragon stared down the length of their snout, staring at Favnir. "And who are you, missus? A pure White like you shouldn't be in a slum like this. Your scales will go grey. Unless you're looking to, y'know, live dangerous..." He dropped onto all fours with a loud, long wheeze, eyes wide and mouth agape. "Bringin' minors in here too! Hey, why don't y'all come join us for a while and get to know the locals?!"

"We're not interested," Kid said, reaching over and grabbing Patty's hand. "Stay close, guys."

"Aw, you lot are no fun." The dragon did give some way, but not quite enough. "Go forth, my princess..." They lowered their head in a gesture towards Favnir, presumably in a mocking way.

"I'm guessing you're too drunk to know how scales work." Favnir hissed, desperately fighting off the, well, rather strong urge to whack this dragon over the head with their staff. Chaotic Vampire found her own hand gripping the handle of her raygun, although this was just if the dragon decided to pull anything else from under their scaly sleeve. "And we're not supposed to be any fun, missy. And this is one of the only places around." Favnir didn't know why they were trying with this dragon, it only seemed fruitless. "We'll be on our way now." Favnir said, beckoning the others to a mall ramp leading upstairs, where the rooms where.

Kobra Kid didn't need to be told twice to stay close, he new this dragon was drunk, and that meant that they are likely even more dangerous than they'd normally be. "Don't try anything." Chaotic Vampire hissed at the Killjoy once more, Kobra nodding, wondering why she was repeating herself, when she even had her hand on her raygun, and was leading her bike away from the mess and towards the ramp in which Favnir was leading the gang towards. Thank God for ramps, she was not looking forward to lugging her bike up some stairs.

"Fine, see y'all." The dragon sneered as the group passed. "I'll still be here... later... Got that, princess?" They gave Favnir a suggestive look. "I'll make sure you have some fun, if you know what I'm saying."

With a final, sinister hiss, the dragon lurched back to their table, and moments afterwards a loud roar and a crash rang out. The drunk dragon had begun a fight with another, tails in the air and wings sweeping tabletops clear.

Zerureusu carried Chaotic's prized possession with care, walking alongside the bike and watching the scene unfold behind them. "Nya... I'll stay in our room, I think."

Kid followed up at the back of the group, keeping the Thompson sisters in front of him. Favnir had brought them to such a place for a good reason, right? He was going to have to ask them as soon as he had the chance.

(

< my reaction tbh )

Favnir growled, really wanting to spit out an insult at the disgusting beast, but shook their head and tried to keep calm. Come with me, we need to leave now." Favnir said, pushing them all upstairs as they tried to ignore the fight going on behind them. Luckily, the travel upstairs wasn't too far, Chaotic Vampire employing the help of her fellow Zonerunner to help her push the actually pretty damn heavy bike up the ramp.

Favnir led them down the hall, brushing past a weird brown dragon with strange red and white markings upon it's hide slinking close to the ground, taking a good, long look at the newcomers before no doubt going down to join the barfight downstairs. Kobra Kid gave that dragon a weird look as they passed by, eventually catching up to Favnir and the rest of the gang as the White dragon stopped outside a large door in the hallway, fishing out a key from wherever. Magic, seriously.

The clicking of a door opening was heard as Favnir pushed the door open, the warm sight of a large room, enough space for a couple dragons of average size to be comfortable in, lit with flickering candles on the walls and the beds looked soft and cozy. A fire roared in the large fireplace, and paintings hung on the white walls around. This looked straight out of a Medieval book to the Zonerunners, very primitive and earthy. If those even where the right words to describe this odd place.

(JONTRON STRIKES AGAIN)

(my fave is still if you speak 'subtly' like THIS!)

Zerureusu peered around the doorframe, half scared of whatever could be lurking in there. He should've been more wary of what was behind him, though, because Patty then squealed, swept the cat up (complete with helmet) and dove onto one of the beds with him. Zerureusu mewed miserably, resigning himself to his fate.

"Patty! Don't break anything!" Liz followed her sister, setting Chaotic's helmet aside out of harm's way, and proceeded to begin bribing Patty to release Zerureusu.

Examining this new room, no matter how little time they'd be spending here, was of utmost importance to Kid. The very first thing he did was examine and adjust the pictures, ensuring they were level with the floor. The candles had to be burnt down until they were of matching heights, the layout of the room needed to be as symmetrical as possible...

Zerureusu, freed from Patty's grasp and fur all ruffled, opted to retreat closer to the fireplace.

( SUBTLY *explosions* )

(tfw u headbang too hard and now ur head and neck feel so weird)

Chaotic Vampire chuckled at the girl's antics, rolling in her bike and setting it against the wall, hanging the helmet off of the handlebar and sitting on one of the other beds in the room, looking at everything around here. "Wow this is... different..." Chaotic said, wiping her hands off on the white bed beneath. Kobra Kid had to agree. They came from a modern era, so this was... so weird for them to experience. Favnir however, thought that this place was just as normal as ever, but just chocked it up to them being used to something else as they set the keys on the table in the corner of the room, letting out a sigh as they put their staff against the room.

"I do have to sincerely apologize for my behaviour, that was uncalled for, I am sorry." Although they would likely forgive the White dragon, what Favnir did back there was out of character for them and they felt the need to apologize to these people.

(that is what you call a cranial hemorrhage and u prolly gon die :C )

Noooo... That bike completely offset whatever symmetry this room had...

Kid glared at the offending object, trying so hard to remain calm, reminding himself that nothing was perfect... ever. But... But it was so bad.

"Hey!" Kid addressed this to Chaotic. "At least leave that under this picture."

After Favnir apologised, Liz shook her head. "No, no, it was totally reasonable." Seeing the opportunity to ask a question that had been on her mind: "So why did you bring us to this place, exactly?"

( see ya in hell )

"Why?" Chaotic Vampire asked as Kobra Kid sat on the floor near the beds, wondering if it was Kid's crazy symmetry thing that was making him say this. Chaotic just shook her head, kicking her legs. "You're fine, dude." Chaotic said, Kobra nodding in agreement.

"This place has the best rooms in the town, and since you guys are new to this whole system here in good old Valkemare I wanted to make sure you got comfortable with this alien world. Is this much? Oh my GoN I should have asked..." Favnir said, rubbing their face with their paws as they slunk low to the ground, wings splaying out on the ground.

(I'll meet you there, I've laughed at too many of the wrong things and then the other day I made a discovery... I found the Important Videos playlist. I am doomed.)

"What?!"

Kid was suddenly up in Chaotic's face, genuine anger and fear in his eyes. "You think that's fine?! Look at the room's layout!" He began motioning at the wall with the fireplace, down at the end of the room. "Fireplace in the middle, picture above it, two either side. It's so balanced!" He pointed aggressively at the bike. "That thing ruins it. Move it there, so it's under the painting opposite the door. It's not perfect but it's better."

Liz and Patty, overhearing the rant, broke their attention from Favnir just for a moment. Liz yelled across the room: "Shut it, Kid! You're the one with three white stripes on only one side of your head!"

"..." Kid fell utterly silent. Then he dropped to his hands and knees. "You're right! Why are there only three on one side? I'm a disgrace... Truly just a fragment! I'll never live up to my father's expectations..."

"You did it Liz~" Patty said.

"Yeah..." Liz pouted. "I'd rather not though." This was all completely normal for them, but all the others probably didn't know that. Back to Favnir.

"What are you talking about, Favnir? I think it's wonderful! I'm really, really thankful!" She knelt down on the floor next to the dragon, stroking a wing. "I'm glad, after all the dragons we've run into so far, we ran into you. You've done a lot for us already."

( oh god rest in peace xd.png )

"No." Chaotic Vampire said, a growing smile on her face as she looked unfazed by the little dude getting all up in her face, angry at the lack of symmetry in the room. "It's perfectly fine where it is, kid." Chaotic said, Kobra Kid refraining from laughter as he slipped off his helmet and threw it haphazardly somewhere towards where the bike was, standing up and giving his body a good stretch. Might as well keep their stuff together, as they were from the same realm. ”And plus I’m not going to lug that thing around again, too much work for little old me.” Chaotic said, kicking her legs against the bed, throwing a look at Patty and Liz at her slight reference to the conversation that they had earlier.

Favnir sighed, their wing twitching under Liz’s gentle touch. ”Thank you, young one, I just get so worried that I’m doing more than I should…” Favnir said, scratching at their neck as they let out a breath through their snout, almost in a sigh sort of way. ”Ah, but nevermind my worries. Hopefully they left enough food in here for the seven of us…” Favnir said, getting up ands trolling across the room. ”What do you guys normally eat?” Favnir asked, blinking in confusion at both Kobra and Chaotic’s disgusted reactions to the question, throwing each other a look that Favnir could not understand. Hm, Favnir will have to ask about that.

(the flippin mad tea party has been my end. "TAKE YOUR CHAIR WITH YOOOUUUUU!" )

"How can you guys do this?" Kid lamented. "And I can't even stop you? What kind of shinigami am I? Useless... just leave me out on the side of the road..."

"Oh for goodness' sake," Liz muttered. She stood up with Favnir, continuing to stroke the feathers as though having only just realised how soft they felt. "Um..." She glanced at Kobra and Chaotic, a bit surprised at their response. "Um... the stuff that most people normally eat."

"Ooh, what do you suppose they have in this place?" Patty wondered, walking over to where Kobra's helmet had landed and moving it over a bit so it didn't pose a tripping hazard. Well, not for that reason. People falling over were funny.

Zerureusu perked his ears. "Do they have fish, nya?" His dark fur had become more glossy than usual from exposure to the fireplace, and he was grooming relentlessly.

(BRANDON ROGERS YESSSS)

("JESUS IS MY HELMET")

("i'm not gonna have it")

"Well, um, this is weird to say but... we normally eat what is known as Power Pup..." Kobra Kid said, his nose wrinkling up in disgust at even the thought of that stuff. "And yeah, that's what it sounds like. It's dog food." Favnir widened their eyes in surprise, tapping at the ground with their claws.

"Food for those canine companions that humans have with them sometimes? Oh GoN." Favnir said, reaching over and poking at Liz's head. Chaotic Vampire nodded.

"Yep. It's disgusting. But it literally like the only thing out there, so.." Chaotic shrugged. "So I know when I can speak for the both of us here, and say that yeah we'll have almost anything other than dog food at this point." Kobra nodded in agreement, rubbing his face with his hands as he sighed.

Favnir shook their head. "Oh man, gross. But have no fear, once this bar fight calms down we'll go and grab something to eat. There unfortunately isn't much in here... damn..." Favnir said as they pried open a nearby cupboard, letting out snap shut when they saw only dust and a dead spider taking up the space inside. "I know a killer chicken place..." Favnir whispered to themself as they smiled, sitting back down on the ground as they looked at the others.

(the noises I'm making rn

"What kind of apocalyptic world do you guys even come from?!" Liz asked, thoroughly horrified at their answer. So they could manage maintaining vehicles and keep them running, but could barely find anything to eat? Sounded... terrible. That, and Kobra's mention of 'ghosting' earlier, whatever that was

"I wonder who's winning downstairs~" Patty suddenly announced, kneeling down and pressing an ear to the floor. "Where abouts are we?" She moved over to the door, listening through that. "Sounds quiet."

Outside, Noondhana remained on the street the inn was situated at, wandering around while keeping the building in his sights. A bit longer, maybe, before he risked being seen by them again. Instead, he faked wandering around and looking at various things some individuals were attempting to sell on this street to pass the time, and to avoid suspicion... Just in case one of them saw him.

( o m g what is this beauty you have bestowed upon me )

("HOLY F/CK SOMEONE CALL 911")

(i want some dank chickie nuggies xd.png)

"One that well, if you like deserts, please do come and visit. The entire U.S. is basically one, well, that is, if you know what the hell the United States is in the first place..." Chaotic Vampire said, remembering the fact that these people came from a different place, so they might not know the U.S. as it is now, or maybe not at all. She didn't know. She almost couldn't know, unless they had told her. "Basically all of what we live in is a desert. And it's tough to find food. There." Chaotic said with an awkward cough, Kobra Kid tossing her a look before returning back to them.

Favnir sighed, giving the Zonerunners a look of pity for what they live in before walking over to the door, grabbing for their staff just in case they needed to deliver a firm bashing over the head to a drunk dragon. Twirling it in their tail, they carefully grasped the door handle and opened it, sticking their head out to see what was going on outside. Their soft blue eyes landed on the strange brown dragon with weird markings on it from earlier, which Favnir immediately identified as a Vampire dragon (strange, what was one of those doing here?) absolutely itching to get their claws in the guy next to them, a pissed off Brute who was clearly out of it and intoxicated out of his mind. It was obvious that the two where going to go at each other pretty soon, the tension in that moment you could cut with a knife. But other than that the bar fight had seemed to cease, so Favnir shut the door as quietly as they could and sighed. "There are a pair of dragons outside our door I do want to attend to, before they kill each other..." Favnir said, continuing to twirl their staff in their tail as they waved to the humans, opening the door back up again and slipping out of the room.