RWyvern

(1x1) Proving a Theory

(why am I awake at six in the morning this ain't normal)

Zerureusu followed CV's directions with a 'nya' of thanks, using a paw to cling onto a small hold. The only powered contraptions he had ever been on were the airships at home, oftentimes little more than giant decks upon which certain aerial monsters were fought. Also this thing shook a lot more, perhaps from a large amount of power on a very small frame?

The dragon's leader stood back, allowing the newcomers some room to get going. Dragons watched the scene, eagerly anticipating their next order. Out of curiosity (and apparently not having learned from another one just moment earlier), one of them leaned forward to sniff at the smoke, reacting with an almighty cough. Another broke out into what would be best described as laughter, while a third just slumped forward onto the ground. Their leader kicked idly at the Maccao's strong yet limp tail and Zerureusu hissed, his tail twitching most aggressively.

"Well now, what are you waiting for?" The figure's words had a kind of pressured tone, like they were growing impatient for the next step.

(rip)

(and don't worry about cv's bike, she'll probably crash it and then cry in the corner bc her beloved bike)

Chaotic Vampire finally holstered her gun as she revved up the engine, the loud noise it had created seemingly shaking the unstable building ever so slightly as she waved a hand goodbye to the others around her, not even bothering to look back. "So long and goodnight, f/ckers." She said over the loud rumbling of the motorbike beneath her, before kicking back the kickstand and balancing herself upon the bike. She inferred from the ease it was to do so that the little cat didn't weigh that much, or at least enough to shift the balance noticeably, which she was absolutely grateful for as she did not want to have to either switch positions on the bike or ride it at a weird angle.

And then, with a final rev of her engine, she was off, deciding to take it slow for now so she doesn't accidentally crash into anything. Yeah, that would not be good. Be as soon as they were out of the bunker, and out in the open world, Chaotic didn't take a second to glance at the decimated surroundings before suddenly speeding up and zooming down the cracked brick making up the streets in this scorched town, a widened smile overcoming her face as out of the corners of her eyes the surroundings well, they had started to blur. Out of the rearview mirrors upon the handlebars of the bike she swore she could see brief bursts of fire coming out the exhaust, which only fueled her to go faster.

Edited by petewentztheemogod

Zerureusu followed Chaotic's farewell with a hiss right at the leader's face, tensing up from the rising anticipation of movement. And when they did move, it was so loud and sudden the Felyne yowled and pinned himself as close to a surface as possible, fur sticking up in all directions. His eyes flickered back and forth as he watched the rickety walls pass by, eventually leading out into a town that looked like it had been trashed by a Rathalos.

Growing familiar with how this machine moved, Zerureusu lifted his head, ears pushed back by the wind. For how loud it was indoors, it was surprisingly quiet out in the open. Riding monsters suddenly seemed so... violent in comparison. Well, they were basically rodeos on a huge scale.

~

"Now then."

The Magi dragons were called to attention.

"Let's call off further summons for now." The leader's instructions were met with a nearly universal grunt of disappointment. They held out their hand, gesturing for the dragons to wait and listen. "Simply because too many would be too hard to keep track of. Most importantly, we need to clear out of here before word spreads. Destroy any evidence."

A dragon drew a paw through the summoning runes, scratching the lines.

"Yes, erase those from existence. Noondhana, I trust you to stalk our prey for us while we finish this place off. Now, the disguise we agreed on..."

One of the Magis turned towards Noondhana, eyes and paws progressively growing brighter and brighter white with charging mana. The sound it made was horrible - crackling, hissing, like burning flesh.

"I'm sorry about your face, Noondhana."

Chaotic Vampire let out a loud "Whoop!" of excitement as both she and the cat roared down the desolate roads, heading in the general direction where the strange man had pointed them, she just hoping that they were going the right way. The compass on her bike was useless, it was going haywire, so all she had to go off of was what the strange lunatic had said. Sigh.

It had been well over half an hour since their latest catches had fled.

The hideout had been nearly stripped of evidence.

Noondhana coughed, reptilian eyes slitted from pain. His orange face had been seared to a nearly unrecognisable degree, and draped over his head was a cowl made from hemp bags. Essentially, he was nearly ready for his role as a stranger with a past involving Hellfires. But by GoN, did it hurt.

He'd waited out the worst of it, at least.

"I should give chase now," Noondhana said. "I will rendezvous with you later."

~~~

An arrow fell to ashes before it even hit its target. A beast, enveloped in raging flames of blue and white that threatened to burn down any surroundings, strode unflinching.

Hooves clicked on stone, leaving scorch marks as a trail leading from Northfront's perimeter towards the main walls. Approaching from this side, a well-crafted wall of fire would trap citizens between it and the ocean. The flames surrounding its body, though wild, had yet to light anything on fire: perimeter buildings were often as flameproofed as possible lest a fiery dragon like this decided to pay a visit.

The Hellhorse screamed at the few people trying to fend it of, an unearthly, unsettling sound that might as well be calamity itself. The cry was long, reverberating off buildings and finally ending with echoes that traveled deep into Northfront.

"I am the harbinger of Order itself..." The telepathic voice boomed throughout skulls. "...here to shape this land into something Thy Purity may alight upon. Alas, you creatures are an eyesore, interfering with Thy Purity's Order. Everlasting suffering is yours, unless you repent and succumb to Thy Purity's Order. Burn, accept Destruction, become ashes, give rise to the trees through Creation, governed by Change... Burn, accept perfect Order and only then may you become one with Thy Purity..."

(tbh that sounds like something that the westboro baptist church would say lol)

They were getting closer to the town, Chaotic Vampire could kind of sense it.

They were both heading quickly towards where the strange person had pointed them off to, and slowly but surely homes had started to pop up along the way and people had actually begun to appear. Chaotic was so glad she had filled the tank up before her journey towards where Dr. Death Defying and his crew were at back home on the Zones, because by now she would have run out of gas and she didn't even know if there was such a fuel here. She doubted it.

Although, smoke beginning to rise on the horizon sent an alarming message to her mind, casting her back to the decimated town from earlier. But this place was filled with dragons no doubt, they were real, so she just chocked it up to some dragon on a slight rampage.

(soz it's short, not quite sure what to write)

(no prizes for guessing what it's inspired by)

Zerureusu's needlike claws dug into anything they could, and he glanced up at Chaotic, then towards to smoke, back to Chaotic and back to the town again. Are they sure this is where they were meant to go...?

He reached up, gently tugging at Chaotic's clothes with a meow of concern. "Nya, towards that?" He was far from equipped to defend himself from enemies; the Mizutsune claw he held was not tempered to handle the blows it'd be taking and dealing from giant reptilian beasts.

"Fools! You live, breath, and die like the common animal, you say? As the Order commands? Weak minds unable to comprehend the true meaning of Order. You, as individuals and as a species, threaten to throw Change out of balance, with your mindless meddling and using of what you should not tamper with!" Townspeople daring to face off the equine monster waved whatever weapon they could find, metal components nearest to the dragon already beginning to glow red-hot. "'Like the common animal', you said. Thy Purity would deem you not like, but as the common animals that you are, the eyesore that you are. Accept Destruction..."

The Hellhorse reared their head backwards, white flames spilling from its jaws. Then it unleashed a stream of fire over and across rooftops. What didn't hit a roof fell to the ground like burning rain.

(should some of the water dragons be helping the townsfolk as well?)

"I guess so..." Chaotic Vampire said back, growing lower on the bike as to take advantage of aerodynamics and save her a little bit of gas in the tanks. She, over the sounds of the wind rushing past her ears, could hear faint screaming coming from the places before her, and the places she was going. But the area seemed to become more and more populated, just as a town would, so she swallowed her nervousness and kept on going.

(so sorry it's short! i'm v tired rn)

Edited by petewentztheemogod

(I dare say they would try! AAlso get some rest omg pls you need it)

(and I'm just gonna quickly go back to the first group while CV and the kitty approach)

As the buildings burned, the smoke spire increased in darkness and density. For most of Northfront, the news hadn't yet reached. Hundreds of people stood staring, pointing, wondering what it was and whether it would affect them. A few were even hysterical, fearing for the wellbeing of loved ones. Even the drakes tethered around the place like dogs knew something was up, vocalising their concerns and chewing at their leashes.

Liz crouched down by one of the houses Favnir had led them past. She too could only see rising smoke, with no idea what was going on. Beside her was Kid, on his knees and face buried in his hands.

"Favnir, go on ahead. We'll catch up." Liz waved at the dragon. "T-This happens." There was a tinge of worry that even her smile couldn't hide. She turned back to Kid. "Come on, this isn't the Book. Not now, please. Blackstar's not here to literally knock the sense back into you."

"The voices..." Kid responded like he didn't even hear Liz. "Order... There must be perfect order..."

Around them, the free water dragons previously frolicking in the liquid had taken notice and were heading up to where this all was happening in an attempt to stop whatever the hell was going on. The dragons that were tethered to the posts tugged harshly on their leads, Favnir themself urgently nudging a frozen Kobra Kid as they urgently shouted, "Get back! This is a violent dragon we're talking about here. Get to safety!" Towards really nobody in particular except for the people running around them all. Kobra finally snapped out of his frozen state as he whipped around, staying close to the slightly panicking Favnir as they kept shouting at the others around them to keep on moving, to get back and stay safe. Danger was imminent, and by Favnir's movements Kobra could tell that this was definitely a powerful dragon. So he hid behind the same house as Liz, watching as Favnir gave them all one last look before taking off into the air, presumably for surveillance as to what was going on.

Liz watched Favnir fly, with an almost exasperated expression on her face. First the destruction they saw at that other place, and now this? Was this normal life for these guys. She turned to Kobra. "Sure hope it's not like this all the time."

"I hope we see some scary monsters!" Patty cheered, much to Liz's disagreement.

"No." Liz tried to get Patty's attention away from the smoke. "We're not going to... I hope."

~

Noondhana walked through the streets, head low and covered in that cowl. The chaos spreading throughout Northfront and a dragon attacking was certainly not something they'd expected, but they had their assignment and needed to stick to it. They looked at every individual that passed, searching for ones they recognised. They knew the speedy girl and the cat were pretty much on the town's outskirts at the very least; from the point they had teleported to, they had seen them.

~

The Hellhorse laughed maniacally, threatening to burn further buildings. Then their laughter dropped into a sinister hiss, eyes fixing on approaching water dragons. Oh?

"You still resist?" The Hellhorse spread their purple and azure wings. "Then I shall have to press the issue..."

Kobra Kid bit his lip as his grip tightened on the raygun held within the holster hanging off his hip, nodding as he tried not to start shaking. "Yeah, me too..." Something seemed very off here, but Kobra couldn't put his finger on it nor could he really focus on that right now, as he was too busy calming himself down and listening out for anything. Favnir was still circling overhead, worried facial expression painting their face as they narrowly missed other dragons taking flight as well.

The smoke was rising, people were screaming as they hurried to fight off this beast at the town wall, panic was as thick as the tension and it all reminded Kobra of several things. He ducked out of the way, farther back behind the building as a particularly large blue dragon nearly shoved past the group as roars of the dragons facing off against the beast echoed through the town. This was terrifying, what was going to happen? Kobra couldn't know. "This is very dangerous, look at all these guys, I don't doubt we'll see something hellish."

Kid lowered his hands and stood up. "Something is very wrong," he said, voice cold and serious.

"O-Oh, you're back." Liz also stood up. "Yeah, no kidding something is wrong. Are you going to do anything? I dunno if you noticed, but Favnir left us." She threw an aside glance at Patty, who was looking more and more hopeful.

An explosion of blue fire rose behind the buildings, large enough to look like it should be really close, but the delayed sound just drove home the point that it was far bigger, and much further away. The eventual sound wave was like that of an explosion, shattering windows and rocking houses.

"Damn it." Kid shielded his eyes from the dust. "Liz, Patty, we're going to investigate. Be careful." Without so much as a look in Kobra's direction, Kid began running towards the fire. Patty followed close behind, while Liz held back just a little.

"Feel free to follow if you want," she told Kobra, before turning and running to catch up.

~

Zerureusu yowled in fear at the sight of a blue explosion rising from where there was smoke. Was there an Elder Dragon doing this?

Kobra Kid gasped in utter surprise as the shockwave from the explosion rocked through him, Favnir stalling, their wings threatening to fail them, before quickly regaining their hold on the air. This truly was the Helium Wars all over again. Oh no. Running to catch up with the rest of the group, red raygun now out and held at his side as his long legs pumped, trying to keep up with the rest of the group and focus solely on that. Favnir, from their spot in the air, cast a glance at them from above and saw them running, hoping they'd get to cover soon before anything could happen to them.

"I don't think this is a good idea!" Kobra yelled to them, wanting them all to get to cover before another explosion or series of blasts could occur. "Listen! I've been in this situation! We need to get to cover!" It wasn't likely he was going to be heard amongst the panic of the citizens around them all, but at least he could try.

~~~

"What the hell?" Chaotic Vampire whispered to herself, pressing her bike even faster as they zipped through the outskirts of town. She hoped that if Kobra were truly here, as the strange person had said he was, that he was doing okay and he was alive. "We need to get there." She said aloud, to nobody really in particular as her bike screeched against the roads, keeping her hand down on the throttle.

(I was talking to my sis and I went to do a gesture and I ended up hitting myself in the face ;____; )

Kobra was indeed barely heard, but he was heard nonetheless. Liz half wanted to agree with him, but it was her duty to trust her meister. Kid, on the other hand, just momentarily looked back over his shoulder as if to say 'no way'.

The Hellhorse beat their great wings, fanning the fires and jumping back. Their hooves crashed down and shattered slate already weakened from the intense heat, and with another beat of those great wings the dragon was in the air again, sending a fireball straight at fleeing people.

Another explosion rocked Northfront and Kid threw himself to the ground just before the next shockwave hit. Tiles slid off roofs, signs fell, tethered dragons screamed.

Kid looked back to see if Liz and Patty were okay. They were, Liz shielding Patty from any flying debris that had the potential to hit them. The moment the shockwave passed, the sisters were back up, joining their meister.

"Gun forms, now," Kid commanded, and the sisters obliged. In this form, they were most safe from physical damage.

~

Noondhana heard the familiar sound of that strange thing their last summons had fled on, and looked to his left just in time to see them approaching - and in the same instant, passing. With a grunt, Noondhana picked up their pace and began following.

(Come on Chaotic you can find Kobra we believe in you)

(do you mean: whenever i try to have a social life)

"I told you!" Kobra Kid damn well nearly screamed at them, in an attempt to be heard. He temporarily took cover behind a cart, glaring at the other Kid as he cocked back the hammer on his raygun, just in case. Narrowly missing a brick falling onto his head from above, and a tail smacking him, he dove for cover, trying to not focus on the roaring water dragons soon taking to the air after the beast. Favnir was having trouble keeping out of harm's way, soon opting to land again near the group and try to stay out of trouble from this beast. But they never knew, this murderous Hellhorse could easily shooting something towards them. That's why Favnir made a point to go as fast as their wings would take them, aiming for the spots where they had seen the group last.

Suddenly, another rumbling noise gripped at the air, but this time rapidly approaching at speeds that certainly drew Kobra's attention. It was faint, yes, but Kobra could still hear it. If this was like medieval Europe or something like that, they wouldn't... they wouldn't have these. No. "Something's coming!" He yelled to the others, getting to his feet once more as he tried to see what was going on.

(here comes dat gurl)

(oh censorkip.gif waddup!!!)

(she be rollin down the street, she be rollin to the beat)

"I didn't ask for you to follow!" Kid yelled back, shaking a gun at Kobra in a dismissive manner. He was going to confront whatever this disruptive beast was. Kobra could hide behind whatever barrel they could find, it didn't worry him.

Then, Kobra shouted something once more. Kid almost didn't pay him any mind and was about to run off again before the next explosion, when the sound of a familiar machine made itself heard. Well that was sure out of place here. The heck was a motorbike of all things doing here? Should he wait and find out who it was...?

But people were probably dying in that inferno. The echoing snarls and other reptilian sounds didn't help the picture, either. Rather than wait, Kid decided to continue, firing a few shots at the ground to let Kobra know.

( watch her rollin watch her go )

"I'm sure you didn't ask to be nearly killed!" Kobra Kid spat back, watching his back to see where this motorcycle sound was coming from. Maybe another guest had been summoned to here, and taken their bike with them. But this sounded like an older, beat up, rusty bike with the way it had a slight growl-ier sound to it, making Kobra stop in his tracks.

But before he could think any longer about this situation, he heard someone damn well nearly scream. "OUT OF THE WAY!!" Someone hollered to the citizens crowding up to the streets, zooming by on a f/cking sportbike while doing a f/cking wheelie. Kobra recognized who it was immediately, his entire face going absolutely white.

"CHAOTIC!!" He screamed, ripping off his helmet as he began to run after the rampant Zonerunner, the rebel pushing the front of her bike back down to the ground as she heard her name being yelled out, heard whipping around to see the one she had been looking for, and more relief than she has ever felt in her entire life flowed freely through her body as she twisted the bike around, driving back towards the Killjoy before leaping off her bike, letting it fall to the ground as she launched herself at Kobra, knocking him to the ground and wrapping her arms around Kobra in such relief.

"Oh my God you're okay!!" Chaotic Vampire said, lifting her visor up to press a swift kiss to Kobra's cheek. She was definitely the affectionate type, even to her friends. "Thank everything holy and righteous that you're fine oh my God honey... Poison's having a breakdown and Jet's not responding to anything... oh my Jesus I can't believe that you're okay... we all thought you were dead!" An unexpected amount of emotions poured out of Chaotic's mouth as she squeezed Kobra tight, Kobra now finding it hard to breathe.

"Need... to... breathe..." Kobra said, Chaotic letting out a gasp and letting go of Kobra, standing back up as an embarrassed blush threatened to swarm her face. Kobra stood up, replacing his helmet on his head and clicking his visor shut. "Thanks, and I'm sorry but we do really need to go. These idiots over here want to go and investigate something." Kobra said, Chaotic quickly nodding as she ran back over to her bike, picking it up and shooing the nervous onlookers, making sure the cat-monster was alright before hopping back on it again.

"Where to?" She asked, knowing that the fact she had a motorbike was a distinct advantage than being on foot. Although she'd probably crash it here. And then cry.

(rushed oops)

(>tfw supposed to clean room in preparation for open inspections 'n' stuff but u spent all day drawing a pair of spy Embers man I love my mission impossible/bourne/spy film spoof Ember collection)

Zerureusu, after watching the reunion in a stunned silence, let out an upset meow. He held up his Mizutsune claw, hoping to get his word in before this kinda loopy pair hightailed it. "Nya, nya. I don't think I'm equipped for whatever meownster's been meowking those explosions... I should just hop off here." The Felyne began to crawl off down onto the street, but hesitated as soon as a paw touched the cold stone. Actually, giant explosions, blue fire... No, it was quite likely it was at least a derivative of a familiar monster. It might even be that one poorly documented and rare Rathalos relative that he was named after - the giant white wyvern that fought with a hybrid element of fire and light.

Probably not. But as unarmed as he was, Zerureusu still had his evasive skills.

"Never mind, nya." Zerureusu pulled himself back onto the vehicle. "I shall help bait the beast."

The Hellhorse paced the burning streets, spitefully swiping paws at weakening structures. Northfront had put up a pretty good fight at first, interrupting the Hellhorse's plans of neatly herding everyone into one place for their demise. But more lives could still be taken and the goal could yet be accomplished, so the Hellhorse slowly reared onto its hind legs, lifting its head over the roof of a two-story house and preparing to scorch both it and several others on the streets behind it.

Before the flame could be released, a multitude of explosive rounds struck the dragon upside the head. Blinking in confusion and shaking its head to clear its vision, the Hellhorse stared towards the ground.

So that was the culprit, huh?

Some small human trying to accomplish what both a crowd and a flock of dragons failed to achieve? With just two shiny objects barely bigger than... the user's hands? Cute attempt.

The Hellhorse let itself back down onto all fours, walking slowly towards its newest target.

(C'MON CV AND KOBRA NOWS UR TIME TO SHINE)

(haha u totally didn't catch me in the middle of dancing really embarrassingly to initial d songs wat)

(and is it weird that i find how Zerureusu talks is just very cute)

(squish)

Favnir wanted to ask what in Valkemare who this strange girl (who apparently knew Kobra Kid) and what her equally strange contraption was, but before they could lean down and ask any questions (Favnir was up on a roof nearby, trying to stay out of trouble), both the strange girl and Kobra had hopped onto the apparatus and went zooming off down the road - right towards where the Hellhorse was. Favnir hopped from building to building, trying to keep up with of the two on the contraption, but finding it hard as despite the crowds of people they were both going surprisingly fast. Favnir had to stop as the two got close to the Hellhorse, again, wanting to stay out of trouble, but watching from afar and making sure their magic was ready in case something horrible happened.

"Hey!!" Chaotic Vampire shouted towards the firey beast, pulling out her raygun as pointed it at the monster. "Over here, idiot!" She taunted, keeping an eye on the other guy with guns. Kobra pulled out his own raygun as well, keeping on the motorcycle in case they both needed to make a quick getaway, which was possible with the way Chaotic was taunting the monster.

(*insert MI theme song here* DUH DUH DUH-DUH DUH DUH DUH-DUH DUH DUH—)

(Felynes are just the epitome of cute and you really oughta see how they act in the games too they're animated so adorably <333 Also two words: drunk cats.)

The Hellhorse took its eyes off their target for just a moment, and then opened those great jaws and its chest heaved with slow, husky sounds that were presumably laughter. "The pot calls the kettle black..." The dragon stopped laughing, inhaling deeply instead. "I suppose, then, we are all idiots..." Flames began to flicker in the corners of its mouth and it made as though to attack Chaotic - then whipped its head around and hurled a near-solid mass of blue fire at Kid.

The by-now familiar explosion and shockwave that followed were that much more intense and sudden at this close proximity. Avoiding such an explosion like this was nearly nothing to Kid, though the shockwave sent him flying back into a wall with a crash.

The Hellhorse lunged forward and down, sweeping a cloven hoof across the ground at that strange moving object with the shouting person. Zerureusu bailed at this point, tumbling to the ground in a ferocious ball of dark fur and making a run for cover, watching the monster's movement. With something of this size, an attack was almost always a major commitment - just wait for the opening, then counterattack. Maybe, if he could get up there, he could go for an eye.

Chaotic Vampire braced herself against her bike as the explosion went off, feeling Kobra Kid do the same as they both willed their strength to keep them upon the sportbike, before zooming out of the way. "Nanananana you can't catch me!" Chaotic said in a mocking tone, revving up the engine once she had regained a stationary position, fire blasting out of the exhaust pipes. Kobra used this time to resight his raygun in on the beast and fire, the green bolt of light escaping from the barrel of his red raygun and for once striking his intended target, scorching it's skin. You may think this might do nothing, but these bolts were not made of fire. A sort of energy, hell maybe even plasma, acting like acid in that it burned and scorched at the skin, messing it up badly as it dealt it's lethal poison throughout the body. At least, that's what happened with a human. And both the Zonerunners were wishing it would do the same against this firey beast.

Kobra still kept shooting at it as Chaotic moved about the lil clearing where they were, being careful to let Kobra do the work (despite annoyance crawling up on due to the fact that Kobra was a terrible shooter and he kept missing) and forcing herself to make sure she didn't accidentally crash her prized bike into anything as she zoomed about. Which honestly, was likely to happen. She had stopped briefly by that kid with the two guns, giving him a quick look to make sure he was okay before continuing on her merry way.

The Hellhorse screeched, scales on its right shoulder scorched and already weeping. Okay, what kind of magic was that?! That hurt like the sting of a Tarantula Hawk Drake.

The pain further angered the dragon, its mind beginning to cloud with frustration already.

Kid returned Chaotic's fleeting look with one that said "I'm okay" and darted in a direction opposite that which Chaotic and Kobra were now travelling. So those rayguns worked against a dragon even of this size and ferocity. Amid the sounds of the angered dragon, crackling fires and the roaring of the sportbike, communication was likely to be impossible. Nevertheless, he yelled "Shoot at the neck!" and proceeded to fire several rounds at the target, hoping actions would convey what words might not.

The Hellhorse let out some otherworldly howl. These 'bullets' - whatever they were - continued to be largely ineffectual on undamaged scales, but whenever the damaged skin was hit? It shredded. Cut in deep. With opponents on all sides now, the dragons spun, sweeping its flaming tail around in a circle. It created a momentary wall of fire. Kid dodged over the tail and through the fire before it could catch him, continuing his assault on the dragon.

(meanwhile Zerureusu chills out with some popcorn and watches the fun)

(i went to bed early last night who am i)

Chaotic Vampire dug out her own decorated raygun before the wall of fire could hit her and waved it in front of Kobra Kid blindly, begging him to take it, which he thankfully did, before she suddenly swerved to narrowly avoid the fire coming straight for the two. Not today... She thought, placing more care in the maneuvers of her bike, because she wasn't only carrying her life in the palms of her dirtied hands right now, she was carrying one of the spearheads of the rebellion back home's as well. It would be a great loss if Kobra were to die here.

Soon enough, with the bright green of the bolts flying out of Kobra's red raygun, joined the neon pink of Chaotic's as well. Kobra took the Kid's advice to aim for the neck, assuming that was a particular weak spot, but either he missed the neck and ended up hitting somewhere else, or he just missed the beast entirely. Which was not surprisingly often. "I'm trying!" Kobra yelled back, whooping in success as a neon pink blast seared and burned at the neck of the flaming horse. Now, to just keep that going. They'd likely have this beast down or fleeing in notime- well, some time. At least.

(I finished articulating a bird skeleton B) )

The Hellhorse, finding itself bombarded on all sides, lashed out blindly. Its head was down and the eyes were shut for fear of losing those. Damn these pests! It couldn't go back to Thy Purity without having burned some land to the ground! These three... They had access to weapons this world had never even seen before - talk about fighting dirty.

Again, the Hellhorse prepared to launch a fireball at the ground, this time aimed at the pair that was actually succeeding in breaking through its scales. The fire welled up, the beast threw its head back...

With a yowl, Zerureusu leapt down from somewhere, digging almost all his claws into the skin on the dragon's face, using the Mizutsune claw as a kind of ice pick. Surprised by the sudden appearance of this cat, the Hellhorse released all its pent-up flames as a fiery waterfall from its mouth. Zerureusu, feeling the dragon's heat threatening to sear his fur, swung the Mizutsune claw as far forward as he could reach, driving it into the Hellhorse's left eye and leaving it stuck there while he leapt for safety.

With a despairing roar, the dragon stumbled back against a building.

(TIME TO OWN IT)

Edited by rampaging wyvern