RWyvern

(1x1) Proving a Theory

Chaotic Vampire jerked the handlebars to the side, throwing the back end of her bike out and almost drifting around as her bike sprayed dirt everywhere, Kobra Kid letting out a sudden squawk as the crazed woman did so. "Did I say to stop shooting?!" Chaotic yelled back to the Killjoy, Kobra regaining his senses as he aimed the rayguns at the fallen beast. This wasn't over, no, not this easily. This beast had something up their sleeve, and the Zonerunner's defenses were up high as Kobra kept shooting, Chaotic slowly weaving her way towards the beast to make it easier for the Killjoy to get a good aim at it. Come on now... get up... we both know you have something planned... Chaotic thought to herself, growling as her eyes narrowed on the beast, silently thanking the small cat for temporarily blinding it so they could get in closer.

The Helhorse raised a hoof and slammed it to its head, both worsening its injury and crudely scraping away the claw in its eye. A bloody affair, but nothing compared to the havoc wreaked elsewhere on it. Its one remaining eye tracked the Killjoys, the dragon's body tolerating hit after hit for as long as it could stand the pain.

If there was one thing the Hellhorse had noticed, this speedy object could travel only in a single line on the ground. Which means, if it could trap it...

The dragon pounced forward, splaying its feet out and lowering its body, bringing its wings to the ground with a crash. Teeth bared, nostrils flared and eye wild, the Hellhorse stared straight into Chaotic's eyes for just a moment. Using its sheer weight to push its movement, the dragon spun around in a wide circle, its tail tracing a wall of fire while the mouth followed with its own fire to create a circular wall. Had it caught the target? It'd find out... as soon as the dust settled from this next explosion.

Its wings came down once more as the dragon jumped into the air.

Several streets away, Kid crouched on the roof of one of the few stable buildings left there. Shrouded in darkness, black lightning and what resembled skulls, six long black needles had grown from his arms - three on each. The guns: now a pair of sizeable cannons, charging in unison.

Liz and Patty spoke either in turn or together. "Noise at 0.8 percent, black needles charged..."

"SH/T!!" Both the Zonerunner and the Killjoy yelled as the fire surrounded them, rapidly encroaching on the two. This was awful. Chaotic Vampire wanted to just drive through it, but one of the things holding her back was her bike possibly exploding... she had dealt with a gas leak from the tank a couple of weeks ago... and although she did a good enough job (she wasn't great with the fixing of cars or motorbikes, to be honest) with items snuck straight out of Battery City, anything could happen. Especially with items made from the absolutely batsh/t crazy people of Bat City. And she didn't want her precious bike going bye-bye. Or them either, as they'd likely be blown to bits by the amount of gas within the tank at the time. Chaotic had to think fast as the wall of fire threatened to eat both of them alive, and with a yell of random, colourful words she again drove for a bit in a circle in order to gain speed, and then used her drifting trick to spray dirt over the fire, hopefully smothering at least some of it out.

And yet, it didn't work quite how she was expecting it to.

It only helped to feed the ever growing flames, the fresh and dry pine needles and branches eaten up by the blaze surrounding them. Chaotic would have to drive through the flames, however much she absolutely did not want to. "Kobra, get down." She growled at the Killjoy, Kobra hearing and forcing himself against the bike as far as he would go. Chaotic did much the same, revving up her engine till it screamed, before finally letting go of the brake, running through the flames and into the cold beyond.

The blistering heat enveloped them for just a moment, but that moment felt more like Hell than anything else. Chaotic could feel the flames licking at her precious clothing and her equally precious bike, Kobra trying to ignore the same feeling as well. But before they knew it, they were out of the flames, nearly unscathed, and narrowly falling off of the bike from surprise. Letting out a whoop Kobra lifted his head up to flip off the flamng horse, Chaotic hissing as she could feel fresh burn marks form across her clothing and her bike. They had made it out alive, this time.

(believe me i keep wanting to blow up/generally wreck chaotic's bike but i can't bring myself to do it : ( )

(when/if it does happen, it'd better go out in an explosion greater than any michael bay has come up with)

From the air, the Hellhorse watching the trap for what felt like forever. It saw movement in there, the fire suddenly increased in intensity like it had just got a hold of something. With this, the flames leapt high and smoke and dust obscured the ground. The dragon watched, allowing its wings to clear the ash.

It grunted in disbelief.

Even that?! They escaped that? The Hellhorse, for a moment, just stared blankly at its target, now scattered but safely out of the trap.

Oh, but they weren't moving like they were before. Maybe now, maybe that trap had worked, in a roundabout way. They might be vulnerable. Only one way to find out.

The Hellhorse swept its wings back, ready to go into a full-speed dive right at Kobra.

"3... 2... 1... Ready to fire!" Liz and Patty announced with excitement. Kid brought the cannons together, aiming them at the Hellhorse. If this didn't do it, well, he was going to have to get serious. As in, full on god-mode serious.

"Death Cannon."

As Kid announced his attack, the cannons both fired what appeared to be a mass of energy, careening towards the Hellhorse and striking it clear from the air, over Kobra and Chaotic's heads, and into the side of a bell tower. From the moment the hit connected, there had been an explosion, dark smoke nearly completely masking the fire. The tower itself crumbled and collapsed over the Hellhorse.

Back on the rooftop, it looked like some invisible force struck Kid, breaking his resonance with Liz and Patty and knocking him backwards. Returned to gun form and then back to human form, the sisters saved themselves from falling from the roof, and caught their meister before he too fell.

The Hellhorse coughed, dazed from the hit. Its position right now, horribly vulnerable. Its neck was a seared mess, its eye continued to bleed. Its gaze locked onto Chaotic, and the dragon growled. "Whether you finish this or not, Thy Purity will know... and anyone who defies the Order like this can never seek redemption..."

(oh believe me, i'll try)

(also does that pic of the dragon in your sig keep changing?? it's throwing me off lol)

Chaotic Vampire finally stopped her bike, hopping off of it and carefully taking her raygun from Kobra Kid's hands, and although she could hear the voice in her mind (and it did definitely startle her for a moment, don't get me wrong) she had other things to worry about. Such as finishing this beast off. I don't want redemption. I want rebellion. I want justice. Although this majorly stemmed from her home world, and she knew she didn't have telepathic mind powers, Chaotic still thought it as loudly as she possibly could in her own head as she pulled down on the trigger, bright neon pink bolts flashing through the air right towards the firey horse, striking it's head with a sicking sizzle of burning flesh. She did this a couple more times, feeling the stares of the nearby townspeople at what the absolute hell was happening. And honestly, neither the Zonerunner or Killjoy could really blame them.

(u spin me right round baby right round

signature rotators are a load of fun.)

(in other words yes, yes it does.)

The Hellhorse let out one last shriek, the dying rattle giving the sound a horribly eerie quality alongside the sounds of burning wood. Its final words rang out loud and clear through everyone's minds: "This is Destruction! Watch it bring about Change and Creation, and regret! Regret that you have forsaken the Order!"

The dragon's fiery body burnt out, the points where the flames once clung to it now burnt and cracking. Its one remaining eye also dimmed, leaving itself as just a dead, black orb.

Zerureusu slowly approached Chaotic, kicking aside a stone to make some noise and let her know he was there. "Nya... you okay?"

A number of blocks away, Noondhana became aware of the sudden silence. So something had driven that crazy dragon off? ...Or killed it? Well, judging by what they had managed to see, it was non other than at least one of their summons.

...This could be a problem.

Shrugging the cowl further over their ravaged face, Noondhana began a slow, cautious walk towards where the fight had taken place.

Favnir, as soon as the Hellhorse had been finished off, quickly bolted down to the level in which the summons were at, trying to make sure that they were alright. A Hellhorse was mighty dangerous, especially for people who didn’t know what a dragon was and how this entire world worked. ”Mother of GoN! Are you guys alright?!” Favnir fussed, sniffing all over both the Zonerunners, smelling for the scent of blood, but could only get ahold of sand, sweat, slightly burned clothing and something suspiciously spicy that they couldn’t put their finger on (that was gasoline). No blood. Good. Chaotic Vampire nodded at the dragon, sitting down and putting her head in her hands. What the hell… She thought, watching the white dragon sniff at the kitty and accidentally bump their nose on the black emo kid. Kobra Kid pulled the keys out of the ignition of Chaotic’s bike, throwing them to her as the lights faded out and the rumbling faded to silence, Chaotic catching them with ease.

”Eh, sorry, um, this is Favnir, they’re uh, a healing dragon?” Kobra said to the newcomers, both the kitty and Chaotic, Chaotic waving hello at Favnir as Favnir nodded at Kobra.

”A White dragon, to be more specific.” Favnir said, bowing their head as they shifted their staff from one hand to another. ”Just making sure you people were okay. A Hellhorse is nothing to play around with. Especially one as crazed as that one…” Favnir drifted off, glancing at the corpse of the deceased Hellhorse as townsfolk surrounded it with weapons in their hands, primitive compared to the things the summons had (which Favnir will have to ask about later, they did not sense any magic from anything they owned). ”What were they saying?” Favnir whispered to themself, sighing as they turned back towards the group. ”Luckily, you are safe for now here, so I do suggest we stay for a bit.” Favnir suggested, dimmed blue eyes narrowing slightly on Kid, making sure he was fine before looking away.

Edited by petewentztheemogod

(yay quick break from packing stuff my room is looking much emptier now ;^; )

Zerureusu raised a paw slightly. "Stay? Nya, what if more meownsters like this come on by?" He lowered his paw, holding both arms out in front of him as he came to the realisation that he hadn't recovered his Mizutsune claw yet. He looked towards the group of townspeople - maybe it was still in the Hellhorse's eye? Oh wait, he'd seen it scrape it from its eye... which means it fell into where fire still flickered, albeit weakly - the water dragons had returned after their desperate retreat.

With a sigh, Zerureusu flopped over onto his stomach and lay spread-eagled, staring unhappily at the embers. Well, there goes his weapon. The only thing that helped give them all an edge over the beast. Maybe he could find some scraps from around the place... If there were beasts like this roaming freely, he'd rather not go unarmed.

Having somehow managed to get off the roof, Liz and Patty were slowly walking back towards the group. Liz was supporting an apparently exhausted Kid on her shoulder, and she waved to Favnir and Kobra. And those two newcomers? Introductions would be in order, she supposed. Patty locked eyes with the cat.

"Kitty!" With a joyous squeal, Patty descended upon Zerureusu and swept him up in her arms. Zerureusu complained with a hiss, but the loving embrace had him defeated.

Liz walked up next to Favnir and let Kid down onto the ground, sitting next to him with a hand on his back. "Hey, Kobra. Who's the girl there?" For some reason, she assumed that Kobra already knew. They did look like they came from around the same place...

"Also." Liz continued, this time in a far more serious manner. "If you're wondering why Kid is like this, our soul resonance - that was what made the big explodey thing not long ago - backfired or something. Never happened before. Essentially our wavelengths hit back and completely broke our resonance." She paused. "If this happens again, then we'll basically be... not of much use to you."

Edited by rampaging wyvern

(shamelessly admitting that patty is me when to comes to cats)

Both Kobra Kid and Chaotic Vampire took off their helmets, Chaotic throwing hers over towards her bike as Kobra sat down next to her, setting his in his lap. "She is Chaotic Vampire." Kobra said, Chaotic waving hello to them all. Favnir dipped their head, before going over to sniff and 'inspect' the strange contraption that this 'Chaotic' being had been using.

"Hey. Call me Chaotic for short." Chaotic said, quickly retying her loose ponytail before moving on to her next question. "And you all are...?" Chaotic said, running her hands through her own hair as she spoke.

(short sorry)

(a rl friend of mine has this huge tabby cat called russell and when you hold him he kinda just melts out of your arms and he's my favourite cat and he always looks offended)

"'Chaotic Vampire'? Is that like, a stage name or something?" Well, on second thoughts, strange names like that weren't exactly unfamiliar to Liz. Mosquito, Franken Stein, an immortal wolfman who actually didn't even remember his own name and went by 'Free', and of course a friend who went by the name of Blackstar.

"I'm Liz." Liz then pointed towards Patty, still clinging to Zerureusu. "That is my sister Patty. I'm sorry, hang on a second. PATTY. LET THE CAT GO."

Patty looked most surprised. "But why?" It wasn't like she could see the Felyne's disgusted and miserable face, and its fur was so soft. And it wore little clothes like a doll!

"Just let it go." At Liz's insistence, Patty released Zerureusu. Zerureusu bounced up onto two feet, shaking his fur violently and pawing at his face. "Nya."

"Um, anyway." Liz returned her attention to Chaotic. "That's Patty for you. And this here is Death the Kid." She gently shook Kid, hoping to get a response out of him, but to no avail.

Having finished tidying his fur, Zerureusu pattered towards the centre of the group. "Zerureusu, nya." His large blue eyes fixed onto Kobra, looking him up and down.

"Stage names?" Chaotic Vampire finally started to smile as her eyebrows raised, laughing at what she had said. "Wow, um, never heard rebel names described that way before..." Chaotic said, trying to keep her laughter down as she glanced over at Kobra Kid, who was also fighting down a smile. "No, they're rebel names, aliases, as were we are both from it's very dangerous to use your birthname. There are some crazy names out there, lemme tell you." Chaotic said with another laugh, Kobra continuing to hold his smile down. Chaotic, noticing this, leaned over to him. "Smile." She said in a serious tone, Kobra not listening to her, determined not to smile. Chaotic waggled her fingers, remembering something that had been revealed to her by Jet Star, something that will definitely get the poker-faced Kobra to crack, Kobra's eyes narrowing at her as he wondered what she was going to do with them, before he let out a squeal as she dug her fingers into his sensitive neck.

Favnir looked on in understandable confusion as Kobra fought Chaotic off of him. "Stop!" He said in between laughs, batting away Chaotic's arm as he tried not to succumb to the tickle. "F/ck- I thought only Jet Star knew that!" Kobra said, Chaotic giggling.

"Aww there's that little smile!" Chaotic gushed as she let go of Kobra, Kobra coming back to his senses as he covered his indeed smiling face with his hands. "And I have my ways, honey." Chaotic said, shooting a grin over at Kobra as she waggled her eyebrows, returning with a humoured face back to the definitely confused others. "Sorry about all that, that dude never smiles, and I don't know why. He's so cute when he smiles! I understand why Jet Star likes you so much." And Chaotic has officially made Kobra blush like crazy, just by saying that sentence.

"I swear to God I will ghost you faster than you can say 'I ship Kobra and Jet' one more time, b/tch." Kobra growled, causing Chaotic to burst out into more laughter.

"Oh sure. But I will make it happen. Mark my words hun, you and Star will be together before I get dusted." Chaotic said with a wink, Kobra glaring at her with angry amber eyes. "And hello all, how are you?' She said innocently, trying not to laugh again at the ferocity of the glare Kobra was giving her.

(oops my finger slipped)

(those two are a lot of fun XD)

Patty barely made it through a third of that ordeal before she cracked up laughing. "He is cute when he smiles! Kobra, stop glaring." She pouted. "It'll ruin your face."

She beamed at Chaotic. "I'm doin' great!"

Zerureusu, meanwhile, just stood pondering over his thoughts. So that crazy cult leader or something had told them to come here to Northfront, to meet up with those other accidental summon... to meet up with someone who knew how to send them back home. He was remembering that correctly, right? It was easy to tell that these guys were what he and Chaotic had been looking for, and now that that crazy dragon had helped them all get together...

"Nya, were you summoned by a crazy person? Chaotic and I were told by him to meet up with you here, and there was someone in this town who could reverse the damage..." His words were filled with doubt.

Liz frowned. "Nobody told us that."

(yes - yes they are <3)

Kobra Kid, at what Patty just said, pulled up his awkward knees and buried his face in them, trying to calm down his blush as Chaotic Vampire laughed again. "You get me! I like you already." She said, patting Kobra on the back.

But Kobra found his head lifting upwards as he listened to the cat, Favnir listening as well. "Uh... no. We were summoned by that guy, and we just busted out of there." Kobra answered, cocking his head at the weird kitty. "Did he say something about getting us back home?" Kobra asked, Chaotic shrugging.

"He said something along those lines. Weird dude... I hope we can get home. The rest of the team aren't doing well without you, buddy." Chaotic said, shaking her head and sighing. Kobra did the same, setting his chin on his knees and looking at his feet.

Listening from behind a wall, Noondhana's disfigured face broke into a smile. The instructions from their leader had been specific: follow the summons, note their interactions with Valkemarians, and completely mess around with them. The Magi decided to reveal themselves, lowering their head in a gesture of goodwill.

"Pardon my intrusion, but I couldn't help but overhear." The Magi's telepathic voice was deep and masculine. "I have been part of a team that watches over the cult you mentioned, monitoring their movements. I apologise for taking so long to catch up with you." Noondhana placed a paw over his head, pulling the cowl down over his snout and averted his eyes to the ground away from the group. "They are well-intentioned, but prone to mishaps. Such as this case. If you were told the help you seek resides here, that is incorrect. It is Northchase you want, and that is a very long way from here." Noondhana raised his head, looking down his scarred snout to make eye contact with Chaotic, Kobra and Zerureusu. "My name is Arakoone, by the way."

Favnir growled as the new dragon appeared, carefully picking up the strange machine that Chaotic Vampire had and setting it next to her with a grunt, sitting down themself in front of the summons. Chaotic glared at the dragon, figuring she could defend herself, emerging out from behind Favnir with a quizzical expression on her face, trying to recall what the strange dude had said. "No... he specifically said Northfront..." Although it was possible that the lunatic got them mixed up, there was just something that Chaotic did not trust what so ever about this here dragon.

Favnir gently pushed her behind them, bright but serious blue eyes focusing on this 'Arakoone's darker ones. "Northchase? That far up? No. At least, not right this moment. I don't know if you yourself know, dear sir, but these people just finished off a crazed Hellhorse and need some rest." Favnir said, letting out a small growl, jabbing their staff up at the motionless corpse of the Hellhorse. "As well as get accustomed to this whole new world they've just been dumped in by your posse, which you should definitely know." Favnir was on the offensive side just a lil bit for this, getting slightly protective of the summons. Kobra Kid sent a worried glance up a tthe White dragon, who was oblivious to his concern.

Noondhana raised a paw and shrunk back in an apologetic gesture. "I have no part in their actions." Now they opted to look towards the Hellhorse corpse, still half-buried in rubble while townspeople had already begun to claim parts of its body. "Forgive my ignorance. I did hear the battle, and I do see some of these people are in need of rest." Here, they tilted their head in a fake attempt to underline their comment, but really they were mentally checking off a list they had made.

They're all here, one's short a weapon. So they took down a Hellhorse? Cause for concern, I should press issues carefully and maintain my cover. I should continue to study them to find out their limits. One already seems to have passed theirs... On the subject of a Hellhorse, what was that all about? I heard it... raging, and in its dying moments speaking of some 'Order'..."

Turning their attention back to the White, Noondhana continued. "I will be taking my leave now. Please, do as you wish, just don't forget the information I have imparted with you today. And if you require further assistance from me..." The Magi walked past Favnir, giving the group a wide berth, yet never taking their eyes off them. "Ask the townspeople for Arakoone. I'll be there."

(NEVER FEAR)

(FOR I HAVE NOT FORSAKEN THIS RP)

(seriously can school like not it's gotten so hard on me?? i've lost all my muse bc of school :< )

(guess who's back, back again...)

Favnir sighed, shaking their head as they turned back to the Magi dragon. "Alright." Favnir said as a goodbye, waving their staff at them as a farewell. After the Magi had gone, at least from sight, Favnir let out a short burst of air through their snout in slight annoyance. Wonder what their problem was... Favnir thought, scratching at their neck with their hands. "Let's try and get some rest at a local inn, you guys surely must be tired." Favnir said, Chaotic Vampire standing up and bringing up her bike with her. Honestly, she was a bit tired, both from earlier on the Zones and the sudden introduction into a whole new world.

(sorry, short)

(ETA NOO I HAVE THAT SONG IN MY HEAD AGAIN)

(pff I've seen shorter)

(also WELCOME BACK how's school been treating you?)

Noondhana caught Favnir's words, distant but definite. The local inn? An interesting choice...

He picked up his pace, pulling the cowl further down his snout.

Zerureusu bounced up alongside Chaotic, feeling safest with her at the moment. "Nya!" He shook his fur violently, fluffing up and releasing a fine cloud of dust and soot. Arguably out of all of them, Zerureusu was the least tired - he did have some near-unlimited stamina after all. "Will you purrhaps appreciate some help with anything?" Seeing as both his paws were free now that he lost his weapon, he might as well relegate himself to carting other people's belongings around for them

While Patty danced on ahead (the inn! Surely most of them were underage - this was gonna be so much fun!), Liz stood up, dragging Kid with her and keeping pace with Favnir. She was frustrated, at a loss as to why their soul resonance had backfired so badly.

( : ) the semester just ended and i scraped by with a d in one of my most important classes after it being at an f for half the semester and i'm so happ y)

Chaotic Vampire glanced down at the cat, thinking for a second as she looked back at the other Zonerunner slogging behind. "Um..." She said, taking her eyes off of him with a smirk on her face as she took her helmet and handed it off to the cat. "Could you carry that for me?" Chaotic asked, pushing her sunglasses up as she spoke. Kobra let out a groan, shoving his raygun into it's holster as he sighed. Yeah, his limbs were feeling a little tired right now. Favnir looked back with a raised eyebrow, if the scales above a dragon's eye could be considered an eyebrow, before strutting forward with a smirk on their face as they quickly caught up with Patty. These guys are fun... I truly wonder what their homes are like. What would it feel like to be in their situations? Favnir thought, looking at their foot as they walked back towards the town.

(and now fREEDOM REIGNS)

(we've put moving on hold for a bunch of reasons so I'm wasting my time experimenting with animations)

Zerureusu reached up for the helmet with the closest thing his catlike face could manage to a smile. Running errands was a normal part of life for many 'domestic' Felynes, ranging from pulling carts to heaving around stones nearly half their size. The pay often consisted of felvine, a reward generally considered very much worth working for.

Once holding it, Zerureusu resisted the temptation to put it on his own head. Instead, he held it aloft as though it were a prize, and exercising every caution possible so as to not drop it. Most things that could be carried had a notorious reputation for breaking upon being dropped...

Noticing the White dragon catching up, Patty slowed down a little until she was about next to Favnir's foreleg. "What's the inn like?" she asked excitedly. Deciding to not care about where she was going, Patty looked up at Favnir's face. "Have you been there before?"

(haHA now I get the first posts)

"Oh, it's nothing much. More of a meeting place with rooms to stay than much anything else." Favnir said to Patty, looking down at her. "It's a fun place, I hope you'll like it." Favnir said with a smile, swinging their staff around with their tail. Chaotic Vampire looked down fondly at the cat holding her helmet as if it were a trophy as she dragged along her bike. She doubted that the cat would like to put it on, she knew according to her it smelled a little bit due to her lack of cleaning the sweat off.

(eeP so short)

(>tfw you hadn't sorted your dragons for weeks and now there's a hundred to deal with)

(also clearly Chaotic has a new pet 8) )

"What do they let you have there?" Patty just had to wonder if it was one of those inns, the ones that sold the 'adult' beverages. What was the legal limit in Northfront? Could she pass as an eighteen year old...?

She became aware of Liz just giving her a look, and covered her mouth apologetically.

Several streets away, Noondhana cut through a number of back alleyways. He aimed to reach the inn before the group, but planned to enter only a good number of hours later. Just a coincidence, he could then pass it off as. And he could watch how they'd continue to fit in to this new world. Considering how dreadfully out of place each one was, he had to wonder if people would just stick to staring. Ooh, how would it be once they reached Northchase? Now if that wasn't an interesting place, nothing was.

(she does ha)

"Anything, really." Favnir, not being from their world, didn't know what Patty was on about, the White dragon giving the younger person a slightly concerned look before asking, "Why?". Favnir was thinking that it might be a stigma from their homeland, maybe something that they weren't allowed to do or... anything like that. Something along those lines for sure.

Meanwhile, trailing somewhat behind, the two Zonerunners joked with each other about random subjects, sometimes on the lines of Kobra Kid and Jet Star (much to Kobra's dismay) , sometimes on other Killjoys/Zonerunners, and sometimes on seemingly nothing at all. A weird duo from a weird situation, in a weird world. Weird. "Hey, um, kitty, what's your name again?" Chaotic Vampire broke off the conversation slightly to converse with the cat. Might a well learn a couple names here and there, in case she should need them, which she didn't doubt she wouldn't.

(*watches your avatar for five minutes*)

"Oh, no reason!" Patty clasped her hands behind her back, checking to make sure her sister wasn't paying any more attention. "I'm just curious, is all. See, where I come from, some places are very lax. You can even walk down the street and say censorkip.gif -"

"PATTY!" Liz made a strangling motion with her hand. Every time! Patty was almost always the first one to swear.

Zerureusu carefully stepped down a small ledge. "Zerureusu, nya! My namegiver named me after the fabled Rathalos that fights with a hybrid of fire and light." He flicked his ears. "I must ask, the machine you take with you is much faster and more powerful than what I see at home. What do you do with it?" As cool as it would be, they probably didn't have a monster-hunting job like he did.

(yay short)