RWyvern

(1x1) Proving a Theory

"It's not petty!" Kid shouted, slamming a fist on the ground. "Whoever did this... It's horrible, evil, a disgrace, disgusting..." His voice trailed off until he was just muttering every appropriate word he could think of.

"He's right, idiot!" Liz, with increasing frustration, was about ready to call Patty into action. Patty had this special way of getting through to Kid when he was like this. Except Kobra had already just done exactly that.

At Kobra's harsh voice, Kid fell dead silent. And then he burst into tears, letting out a scream of rage and shot at the offending wall.

"Good going!" Liz addressed this to both Kobra and her meister. "Show that hideous wall what you really think of it! Isn't it just the worst? The world would be much better off without that wall!"

Apparently spamming wavelength bullets at the wall wasn't enough for Kid, as he began kicking at the crumbling wood. Bit by bit, boards splintered, nails gave way, and a way out was beginning to appear.

(sorry for the poof! drama is happening in my life rn and kinda shoved me off the internet for a bit)

Kobra Kid stood back and watched the other do his thing, seeing the other girls egg the raging Kid onward to destroying the wall. He watched as the opening slowly started to reveal itself to the small group, and Kobra well, he began to smirk at this action. "Yeah! Beat that wall down!" Normally Kobra would use his obviously amazing kung-fu skills in this moment to help, but it hurt to move anything so naturally Kobra didn't really want to risk getting himself more injured right now.

(SHORT ASF IM SORRy didn't know what else to put x( )

(tfw drama exists :c I hope things improve!)

With one final kick, the wall gave way, splintering wood and flying nails just adding to the dramatic effect. An immense crash and a cloud of ashes, but no bright light underlining their escape. It was an overcast night, after all.

Breathing heavily and still fuming, Kid stepped out onto the fallen wall. Liz and Patty opted to return to their human forms.

"Wooooow!" Patty took in the scenery. All broken, burnt buildings as far as the eye could see. Then she turned to Liz, standing sullenly to her right. "But we lost the bad guy."

"It's not like we had much of a choice once he stopped." Liz threw an annoyed look towards Kid. "There was no catching up, so might as well at least avoid getting torn to shreds by a horde of pissed-off dragons."

As her sister was never ever one to be doubted, Patty accepted that answer without hesitation and stepped back to view the structure they just broke out from. Oh, and there was that other guy. Cobra, or something like that. She waved her hand towards him.

"Hey, snake boy! Thanks for helping!"

Kobra Kid soon followed out after the three, opting to wait a little bit before doing so so it wouldn't be awkward or anything like that if he followed right behind. Clutching his side in an effort to diminish the pain, he walked outside the bunker-like place to be greeted with the horrifying sight. Well, at least to someone who witnessed this in action. Torched grounds and seared houses and buildings, each and every burn mark on the ground and each and every remain of what had been there before reminding the Killjoy of dark memories from his troubled and wartorn past. Although guessing by the area this had been done by some dragon, that could not stop the minor flashbacks of blood-curdling screaming, the smoke that threatened to infect his lungs as he ran from them, eardrum-shattering booms that shook the ground with such force, the tears streaming down his brother's face as their house turned to ash in front of them. Horrid times, the Fires of 2012 and the Helium Wars were.

Kobra shook his head to rid his mind of those thoughts, whispering something to himself about keeping it together before letting out a scoff and taking a seat on one of the nearby burned foundations. "Now what do we do?" Kobra said, tossing a quizzical look over to the others even though they could not see it for his helmet. They were kind of stuck out here, no motorcycles or cars or really anything to transport them out of here. Besides just walking, which would not be good for Kobra, and since they had no idea where to go probably it would be a bad idea for all of them really.

"Keep moving," Liz answered. "Who knows how persistent those dragons might be. We should put some distance between them and us."

"And take off your helmet!" Patty added. "I can't see your face through that thing."

A hollow roar echoed not too far off. Goodness knows what state the monsters were in, whether they were still pursuing, giving up, or anything else.

Having apparently recovered from his outburst, Kid held his hands out in front of him and began saying something in sign language, directed at the ground.

"I should try to contact-" With a sigh, he stopped mid-sentence. "Let's just keep moving." Without so much as a glance in the other three's direction, Kid began walking off down the ruined street.

"I guess old habits die hard..." Liz, now that all the excitement had died down, took a clearer look at Kobra. "You okay?"

"I'd prefer to keep my face hidden, thank you very much." Who knew who was out here, may it be some BLI freak or the like (although unlikely). Kobra was one to take chances, but not that kind of chance in someplace so unfamiliar and alien to him as this. He just sighed and kept his arm around his waist, waving the other question off. "Oh yeah, I'm fine, this all just reminds me of sh/t that happened a while ago..." Kobra answered, gesturing with his other hand over the decimated city as he got up and began to follow the other Kid, being careful not to cause himself too much pain. No, he needed his energy for possible situations that could arise in such unfamiliar territory. Sighing once again, he kept his eyes to the ground to prevent more memories from crawling up from the place they have been shoved off to, because yeah, he doesn't want to be miserable right about now.

Liz and Patty kept pace with Kobra. "...Sooo... You seen some stuff?" As soon as she asked the question, Liz followed it up with a mix of an apologetic and awkward smile. "I'm sorry. Don't talk about it if you don't want to." She stroked her hair, working out some tangles still with that smile all over her face, and tried to find a better subject to talk about.

Patty regularly made it a point to stray from the group in order to peer through the windows of what were presumably once shops.

"This place reminds me of some things, too. Ah!" Liz slapped herself on the cheek. Stop bringing up that subject around someone like this! Having reprimanded herself, she sought out some hopefully distracting questions.

"So, your name was Kobra, right? Like the snake? How old are you, and do you have a job? ...Hey Kid, wait up!"

Kobra Kid sighed once again, reaching his fingers under his helmet and scratching at the back of his neck. "Yeah, I've seen some stuff. And it's quite alright actually, as I said before it happened a while ago so..." Kobra responded, kicking at a bit of asphalt in the scorched road as he tried to quicken his pace little by little, so he could keep up with the weird girls and the other Kid. They were getting faster and faster it seemed like, so Kobra, even with his freakishly long legs, had a bit of a trouble keeping up, specially when it hurt to breathe. But he was trying his best, that was for sure.

Kobra caught up in time to answer her other questions though, which was good. "Kobra, yes, like the snake, but with a K because it's more cool that way." Kobra said, pointing to the snake emblem on his jacket. "Well, I don't really have a job, although technically I do... okay, in short, I'm a rebel. A Fabulous Killjoy. A Zonerunner. Either of those could describe what I do and who I'm affiliated with. My group's job is to spearhead the rebellion against the tyrants that rule Old California. The ones who created this mess. We've actually gotten people to sneak out of Battery City to become Zonerunners themselves, which I'm very proud of. The more the merrier, am I right?" Kobra said, a ghost of a smile flickering across his lips as he spoke about home. "Sorry, uh, it's a job I could go on and on about." He said, kicking at another piece of asphalt, but stopping for a moment as he moved on to the next question.

"What's my age... huh, that's a topic I haven't thought about for a long time." Kobra said, tilting his head back to look at the sky as he thought of a decent answer. "Well, truth be told, I don't really know. I don't remember a lot about myself that isn't that necessary, such as my age or my real name. I know that if I am correct," He tapped his finger against the side of his helmet in thought. "I must be in my late twenties or early thirties. I don't know, somewhere in that range." Kobra let out a sigh as his eyes refocused on the ground. "Surprising what you can forget in seven years..."

Patty caught back up with the two, prancing into the conversation soon enough to hear the (probably) most important stuff.

Well that certainly got him to talk. "I guess that differs from person to person," Liz said. "I still remember when my sister and I lived as the 'Brooklyn Devils', and that was quite some time ago." She reconsidered her words for a second. "Actually I take that back, neither of us quite know our ages! So we're even on that front?"

A dull crash echoed throughout the town, causing Liz to flinch.

"Are they still after us?" She looked back over her shoulder.

"Nah!" Patty tossed her arms up. "Even if they were, I know you'll protect us!"

"Sure..." Liz turned her attention back to the crumbling road before them. "Hey Kid! Do you have any idea where you're going?"

"No!" Kid finally stopped walking ahead of the group, thinking. "I need a vantage point." What looked to be black lightning littered with skull-esque images appeared around his right hand, and then seemingly out of nowhere, an equally black skateboard clattered to the ground. As soon as Kid stepped on it, it roared to life like a jet, heated flames burning at the ground before it tore from the ground and raced into the sky.

"A fantastic way of giving away our position." Liz watched in utter defeat. "He annoys me so much sometimes."

"Woah, what the hell?!" Kobra Kid said, widened eyes glued to the flying skateboard as it soared up in the air, Kobra taking a surprised step back as he was lost for words. "First off, that's not possible, and second, great way to expose our location idiot!" Kobra yelled the last part upwards towards the flying Kid, opening his visor to let the message out clearer before coughing a bit, shaking his head and wiping his mouth. You didn't help the situation, moron. Kobra thought to himself, snapping his visor shut before turning to the girls. "He's already getting on my nerves as well." He said, throwing a glare at Kid before shaking his head and sighing once again. "We should keep moving, I'd hate to see when those no-doubt rageful dragons come barreling after us..." Kobra said, turning back around and continuing his walk down the road.

"Yeah..." Liz agreed. Meanwhile Patty giggled in the background. It was always fun introducing people to their rather eccentric meister. Even when it didn't end well, like their very first day at the DWMA.

Irritated at Kobra's words, Kid made it a point to remain in the air for another ten seconds. At least he now had an idea as to the size of the place. And also that much of it, while abandoned, was largely intact. The burned area, taking up a solid fifth of the scene, reached in from the edge towards the centre in a line like some giant jet of fire had been shot through.

Now Kid flew back down to the others, barely missing Kobra's head and opting to perform an unnecessary but skilful stunt upon landing. Around his right hand appeared the same dark lightning, and the skateboard disappeared.

"Most of the city is still standing," he said. "We're a good hour's walk from the perimeter, though, so no dragging heels."

"We're not dragging, we're going as fast as we can without running!" Liz planted her hand on Kid's shoulder. "I do think we can slow down a little bit."

"One hand on each shoulder, please," Kid requested. Priorities in order, as always.

Kobra Kid just kept continuing his slow walk, forcing himself to keep breathing and keep going forwards and ignore the pain. There has to be some kind of hospital near here where he could get help, at least a pharmacy or something, Kobra made sure to make a mental note to keep an eye out for one of those. He'll likely need an ice pack or some painkillers or whatever, whatever is around that he could use. "If any of you see a pharmacy or a hospital, could you let me know?" He called out to the others, turning around briefly and opening his visor up before snapping it shut and turning back around towards the cracked and broken asphalt that seemed to stretch for eternity.

Yeah, he's definitely alright, Liz thought to herself. Typical men, refusing to admit something got the better of them. "Did one of the dragons get you?"

"Okay!" Patty continued checking out as many building shells as possible. "Um... What do they look like here?"

"Wait!" Kid suddenly signalled for everyone to stand still. "Something's approaching."

"Is it the weird guy from earlier?" Liz looked around nervously, listening for footsteps.

"No. They... didn't even have a soul to begin with. And this one's not human. Liz, Patty, transform!" Catching the twin pistols, Kid took a step back, aiming at the corner of an alleyway about twenty feet away.

A pale, pointed snout peered around, soft eyes glistening in the moonlight. It hovered there for a moment, blinking slowly.

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Kobra Kid's eyes narrowed at the weird snout poking out from behind the wall, they're own eyes narrowing at the sight of the others, seemingly in curiosity however, not in fear of the humans (did those girls just turn into handguns? Maybe they weren't as human as he thought.) presented in front of them. Kobra, however, didn't feel the same. With his arm still wrapped around his ribcage area in an effort to dull the ever-growing pain caused by his injury, he brought up the raygun with his other hand and pointed it in the general of the dragon. It was a bright white from what he could tell, and it seemed to be holding some kind of stick in it's claws. It's eyes were a comforting, and yet almost glowing blue, and seemed to not resemble a normal dragon in that from what Kobra could tell it did not have scales at all. Strange.

Kobra shot a look over at the Kid, wondering what the more bold and definitely more impulsive Kid was going to do. The Killjoy might have to take a step back in this one, for one he was injured and for two, he was a pretty terrible shot, and for three he was sure that this guy would be better in attacking this being if it pulled something out of it's sleeve with his flying skateboard and duel-wielding handguns and whatnot. Kobra's narrowed amber eyes flickered back to the dragon, watching it carefully emerge more and more out of the alleyway without a care in the world. It surely was not afraid at all of the hostility these humans put forth, that was definite.

The dragon had now stepped out into full view, displaying a pair of giant white-feathered wings that barely cast a shadow. Kid watched every move, fingers ready to pull the triggers at the slightest provocation, the slightest sign of ill will. There was something different about this one, though. As he had mentioned, it possessed a soul. Furthermore, it was one of not particularly violent nature. Hardly any, actually.

Deciding to give the beast the benefit of the doubt, Kid lowered his guns. If that dragon dared to attack him now, it had better be ready for one hell of a fight.

(oh snap, short post mbad)

(it's alright =))

The stunningly white dragon glanced a lazy look over to the beings about a good twenty feet away, furling it's angelic wings at it's side as it sat in a position very reminiscent of a way a cat would, with it's front legs straightened out and back legs neatly folded underneath it's body, stick held with it's tail. Suddenly, Kobra heard a voice enter his mind that make a shiver run down his spine.

"You're not from around here, are you?" It was a lighter tone of voice, and Kobra stopped in his tracks. No, he's not schizophrenic, unless he bashed his head against the floor of that weird basement thing a little too hard... Kobra hit his head out of surprise, the dragon giving him a weird look as his hands began to shake and he opened up his visor to cast a worried glance over at the other.

"Did you hear that? I heard that." Kobra said in a hushed tone, his voice as shaky as his hands as he threw a wary and nervous glance back over at the dragon. What the hell was going on here? Was Kobra just going crazy or was this being talking to him through telepathy? But, no, that last one is not possible, even with BLI technology. But this was dragons they were talking about here, so really, Kobra just guessed that this was some kind of magic.

"I heard it." Kid frowned. This wasn't madness, no voices in his head. There was no doubt in his mind that the dragon, for lack of a better word, spoke.

Might as well answer its question, then...

"No, we are not from around here." Kid began to approach the dragon, looking it straight in the eye. With some luck, it should be able to understand actual spoken words. "All four of us inexplicably wound up here not even half an hour ago, thanks to the efforts of a shady group of draconic beasts just back over there." Kid pointed in the direction they had come from with a gun barrel over his shoulder. "They seem to be testing a teleportation method. Do you know about them?"

"Well it's obvious you weren't, you smell of different, interesting places." The dragon said, taking a whiff of the air for effect. The one in the red smelled of deserts and sweat, with hints of adrenaline and the smell of heat. The one with all the black smelled just really crazy, weirdly like death, but hard to describe to someone who wasn't there to experience it themselves. The dragon blinked at the next question, watching the red one as he nervously stepped back, his red weapon still raised up and pointed at the white dragon, but soon it's eyes flickered back over to the one dressed in black to answer his question. "Oh, them. Wait, did they all really succeed in that foolish quest? Are you humans really from another world? Oh my." The dragon spoke directly to their minds, soft blue eyes widening with surprise as they blinked several times, what could only be described as a weird smile dragging at the dragon's lips as it lay down, head up and at attention, listening closely to what these strange people were about to say.

"Uh, yeah, um, I'm from Old California in the year 2019." Kobra answered, realizing that this dragon wasn't going to eat them, it was fairly friendly and he rationalized that if this dragon were to pounce on them, it would have already and they would have nothing to worry about. Kobra let out a couple of painful coughs that racked through his form as he eventually just lowered his raygun, glancing over to the others to say their part as he wiped his mouth with his wrist. The dragon listened intently, they too looking over to the other Kid for their info.

Edited by petewentztheemogod

Giving Kobra a glance back, Kid went on to answer the dragon's question.

"First of all, I'm not human. I'm a shinigami. A god of death, if you didn't know. I am from Death City in Nevada. And these two..." Kid tossed the pistols behind him, whereupon Liz and Patty reassumed their human forms before landing. "This is Liz, and this is Patty. They are also from Death City, and they serve as my weapons." His gaze trailed down to the singular stick the dragon held, and his eyebrow twitched. Just one, and it's off centre too?

Patty waved cheerfully at the dragon. "Hiiiii~!"

"I'm assuming, from your words, they've been intentionally working towards this?" Liz folded her arms across her chest with a quizzical look. "How did you find us in this mess, and why are you even here? The place is deserted!"

"Fascinating!" The dragon exclaimed, twirling the stick around with their tail. "Wow! That is truly astonishing that they've all managed to do this." The dragon waved a hello back with their paw. "And yes, they've been going at it for a while. The lunatic behind it declared this idea of multiple worlds to the simple people and dragons of Valkemare a couple of months ago, and I am sure that the recent disappearances of humans from nearby towns is attributed to this monstrous experiment of theirs. I never thought I'd see the day when it was discovered to be true, amazing." The dragon spoke with a soft tone as it continued. "I'm here because I'm one of those curious folk, seeing what destruction has happened to this land. In fact, I think I know the dragon who did this... always grumpy, him." The dragon let out a small chuckle, except to Kobra it sounded more like a painful wheeze than anything else. "I smelled something new, heard the definitely angry dragons trapped below, and decided I would have a quick look. I'm not disappointed, let me tell you that." The dragon said, getting up as Kobra let out another round of coughs from his frailer body. The dragon shot him a concerned look, but Kobra just glared back at them and kept his arm around his waist.

"Ah, excuse me, I should probably introduce myself as well. I'm Favnir, your friendly local White dragon." The dragon - Favnir - bowed their head in a polite greeting. "Expert in all things healing and medicinal magic, and Valkemarian, so if you have any questions about the way this land works I'll be happy to answer them for you." Favnir said, now gripping their staff with their paws as they set it on the ground, reminding Kobra of a certain movie...

"Oh!" Patty cried out. "This guy over here could use your healing skills!" She pointed directly at Kobra. Hospitals really are different in this country.

"You know the dragon who did this?" Having seen first-hand the magnitude of the damage, Kid found this a bit worrying. "Just how many of you are there? And how many of them are as crazed as those ones back there?"

He had plenty of other questions, of course. First and foremost, how are they getting out of here? A couple of months ago... So this experiment certainly hadn't been running for long. Pretty safe to assume no-one else knew how to perform it, and that lunatic sure as hell wasn't gonna let them go. Human disappearances? So they hadn't been bluffing about what they did to unwanted individuals.

It was a gross disregard for human value and the order of the universe(s).

Clenching his fists, Kid began retracing his steps. Shame on him, letting such a wicked individual escape.

"And where do you think you're going?" Liz casually reached out and caught Kid's collar.

"I have a score to settle." Kid tried to pull himself free, but Liz dragged him ferociously to her side.

"Not yet," she said sternly. "I'm sorry, Favnir. We haven't even introduced these two. This is Kid. And that guy over there is Kobra."

"Not a good idea at all, young one." Favnir remarked, looking at Kid with a knowing expression. "Those Magi dragons are one of the most powerful breeds out there, feared for their control over dangerously powerful magic." They scratched at the back of their neck, staff resting with their tail. "And hello Kid and Kobra. Strange names, I must say, but I assume they are the norm where you all come from?" Favnir said, seeing Kobra almost shake his head but in the last second deciding not to at all. Huh, Favnir could only wonder slightly that his was an alias... but the dragon could not dwell on that thought for very long as something about the Killjoy caught their attention. "You're injured, aren't you? Explains why your arm is wrapped around your chest... something with your ribs? Oh, those can be so painful I hear." Favnir said, slowly beginning to advance on Kobra, making sure that they weren't being scary. It wasn't in the White dragon's nature to be scary, they all avoided conflict and preferred to live a peaceful life.

"Well, now that I think about it it might've been a different dragon, I am not too sure however. Dragons around these parts have been acting mighty strange as of late, especially the more powerful ones." Favnir said as they kept slowly walking towards the almost quivering Killjoy, staff in tow. "Yes, there are dragons who can do this, and there are hundreds. Thousands even that can cause this much damage. Not many of them are as angry as the ones you met back there, no, they likely just went after you for some reason or another. I don't know, I wasn't there." Favnir said, turning back around to face them, taking a seat next to Kobra to get a better look at his wound. If he would ever lift his arm up though... "Most of them are fairly peaceful, aside from the occasional butting-of-the-heads that happens to everyone. With a basic understanding of dragons and being close enough to a good sized town you'll be absolutely fine. Even in an emergency such as this-" Favnir gestured to the charred remains of buildings. "People know what to do and you'll still be alright."

They can try me. Kid glared at the ground. Still, maybe this wasn't the time. Later on, he could come back, when those 'Magi' dragons were least expecting it, mow them down and chase down their leader. A bit of a rough plan, but a start.

"Fine, I see your point." He sighed and continued to listen to Favnir. Hmm... No, his name wasn't exactly the norm. And the name he went by was more of a nickname. Maybe a century or so on from now, he'd be known as Lord Death.

Figuring she could drop her guard on Kid now, Liz joined Favir and Kobra, paying attention to everything the dragon said. In a world this strange, she'd appreciate as much intel as they would give. "Kobra, let Favnir have a look. Or I'll make you cooperate." Maybe those dragons did hit that hard... She assumed they'd attacked him, anyway. She did come in rather late after all.

"So where is the next town from here?" Patty added herself to the huddle.

("Lord Death" hi my name is ebony dark'ness dementia raven way and i have long ebony bla-)

Kobra Kid sat down as Favnir began to speak again, the dragon noticing how nervous and quiet the Killjoy seemed to be. Must not talk much... "The nearest town... oh that'll have to be Northfront. That's a bit of a walk though, so if any of you have any means of transportation you shouldn't be worried about that." Favnir doubted that any of them had ways of getting around, but this Kid figure had two girls that could turn into what Favnir presumed to be weapons so hey, what else might he have up his sleeve?

Meanwhile Kobra was just sat there, wishing he had his motorcycle or maybe even his brother's Trans-Am right now, even though he'd probably wreck the latter. That would solve the problem that the others didn't really know of, that all he had to transport himself through this no-doubt dangerous and very unfamiliar country were his freakishly long legs. That was a major disadvantage, and Kobra knew it. If only he were cool like that Kid guy, with his damn skateboard that could fly. "Listen, if you don't want this fixed you can tell me so, but I'm a doctor. I can help." Favnir seemed to detect his nervousness as their claws tugged gently at the leather jacket coating the arm that was around Kobra's chest, Kobra just flinching away from it. Kobra was understandably getting more and more wary of this beast, the way they used their words reminding him of the Better Living Industries and the way they used words to suck people in and make them mindless slaves. You may not understand why the Killjoy was feeling this way, but try watching some of the ads those disgraceful people put on the televisions in Battery City. Truly sickening.

And without him noticing, as he was lost in thought, Favnir began gently lifting Kobra's arm, watching Kobra's eyes widen through the visor of his helmet but them look away along with a couple winces as Favnir's claws brushed over sensitive parts, letting this happen to him. Favnir just gave him a pitiful look before holding Kobra's arm up with one hand, and feeling around the area with another. Yep, definitely a broken rib. "What happened?" Favnir asked, setting his staff down as he gripped at Kobra's side, trying to pinpoint the exact place where the rib had broken.

"Uh, I landed harshly on the ground, got thrown against a wall, and fought off a horde of those weird orange dragons..." Kobra whispered, Favnir nodding as they listened to Kobra trying not to let out gasps of pain at Favnir's grip.

"Oh yeah, that'll do it for sure. Alright, got it, this'll be an easy fix..." Favnir said, the faintest whisper of a growl under their breath as their paws seemed to almost glow with a comforting light, and Kobra's breaths become slow and no longer shallow like they had been before. His pain began to disappear, and he could feel something moving back into place but he wasn't sure what it was. Soon however, it was over, and all pain from before had completely gone and well, Kobra felt a lot better than he had for a while. Favnir could see the faint ghost of a smile through the visor of Kobra's helmet, and they took that as a thanks. "You're very welcome, young man." Favnir said with a happy tone of their own, turning back to the others.

"So, I presume you are all in need of guidance in this no doubt alien world?" Favnir asked, eyes sparkling with happiness as they played around with their staff. This was going to be fun for sure, Favnir was excited.

(it's so dramatic and about kobra im so sorry ag)

(the amount of edge and redundancy in the one line and it's the first thing i read,,, hnNNGGN)

Patty watched in amazement. "Wooow~! You can do that? At home, things are drawn out and grisly and there's this one professor—"

"Yes, we are thoroughly lost." Liz cut Patty off in a hurry. "Kid, Patty and I have a much faster way of getting around, and Kobra... um." She gazed thoughtfully at Kobra's helmeted head. " He can walk?"

Taking a moment to quit pouting from that interruption, Patty offered a suggestion. "Hey, Kobra can ride the dragon!"

Liz facepalmed. Maybe dragons loathed the idea of being 'used' as transport, or preferred to be asked really nicely first. "She speaks without thinking." It would be amazingly convenient though... Favnir had offered guidance, even. What more could they ask for? Well, plenty, but that was just the old mindset speaking there.

Not wanting anyone to miss anything this useful, Liz turned to find Kid. He had gone and wandered off down the road, memorising every applicable landmark for some reason. He was thoroughly preoccupied, but at least no longer hell-bent on finding the Magi dragons' leader.

Deciding to leave Kid to his own devices, Liz turned back to Favnir. There was an awkward silence.

"Perhaps Kobra could ride you..."