RWyvern

(1x1) Proving a Theory

(you know what would go great with this rock? some tomato)

(weh very busy day today! Riding horses and watching Steins;Gate. Very important stuff. And also found a rat skull that seemingly materialised out of thin air so that was good.)

"Huh." Patty looked most thoughtful. "We - my sister and I and our meister - we all live in a desert too! Nevada! It's pretty bleak compared to most places we've been. But your version of a desert sounds unfortunate..."

At this point, Favnir had peered out the door, setting eyes on a pair of dragons. Despite the poor lighting, Liz could see one sported a pair of massive fangs, and the other was just... brutish. She silently beckoned at Favnir to get the hell back in - not that the dragon could see from their perspective - and breathed a silent sigh of relief when the White shut the door.

And then Favnir announced their intentions anyway.

"Oh no no no they look like they could be trouble." Liz's words were rushed as she feared the worst outcome. Well, after the charade that creepy black dragon had put on... "Um, should we provide backup?"

(that moment when ur making pixel ducks for random ppl on the internet and u wonder where it all went wrong)

(the vamp and the brute are open so u can control them if u'd like)

Favnir poked his head back into the door as they heard Liz speak to them, shielding their voice from the two as they spoke. "Ah, that would be a good idea. The brown one is a Vampire, strangely, and the purple is a Brute. Both are angry at each other, and as I said before, I'm gonna try and stop a fight outside our door before it actually happens." Favnir spoke, slipping back out the door, leaving it slightly ajar as they gripped at their staff with their paws and stood in a fashion that symbolized and radiated power and authority.

"Excuse me you two, what is happening here?" Favnir asked, keeping their voice calm but firm and sten at the same time. They were trying to break up a fight here, not start one. No, for a White dragon especially, having a Vampire and a Brute finally snap would not be good at all.

Edited by petewentztheemogod

(also found this

and i can't stop laughing it's so truee) Edited by petewentztheemogod

(I've been interacting with a friend and at one point friend, sister and I were all tangled up on the couch wrestling and I just rly wanna draw that kinda scene with a trio of my fave anime characters but I can't draw stick)

The Brute was the first to look at Favnir. Its face was twisted in a furious expression, drool running from its raised lips and eyes almost shaking from the intensity of its glare.

"TELL THAT GOOD-FOR-NOTHING VAMPIRE TO PUSH OFF." The Brute's voice was loud and bombastic, and they pointed a wickedly huge and hooked claw at the supposed offender. The Vampire pulled its head back, apparently offended.

"This Brute is drunk out of their mind, convinced I keep trying to bite and poison them every chance I get..."

"BULL." The Brute pushed his head right up into the Vampire's face, the horns nearly scraping the rafters. "YOU'RE THE INTOXICATED ONE THREATENING ME."

Behind Favnir, Liz stood, a gun held in both hands.

(I'll watch that video once I'm home hehehe)

Favnir sighed, setting their paws on the end of their staff, resting their chin atop those paws to give off a sort of bored look. The Vampire slunk down, claws digging into the floorboards as he hissed at the Brute, who just seemed to grow angrier and angrier by the second. "Now, now, you two, calm down, we do not need a fight." Favnir said, sighing once more as they watched the Brute's eye twitch at the White.

"You're the one who's drunk. Shove off, mate." The Vampire's tail lashed as he spoke, pressing a paw against the Brute in an attempt to push him away, but ultimately only succeeded in making the drunken Brute angrier. Favnir narrowed their eyes, lifting their head off of their staff as they gripped it like a sword, wings extended as they got ready for a fight that could very well happen.

Meanwhile, in the room, Chaotic Vampire had taken (stolen) Kobra Kid's raygun and was now dual wielding the weapons, standing behind Liz with the two rayguns and aiming them both at the Brute, who was clearly the troublemaker here.

The Brute gave a gutteral hiss, raised a huge paw and just lashed out at the Vampire. The Vampire, hardly a match in terms of strength, stepped clear of the heavy weapon.

"Hey!"

At the Vampire's cry, Liz nearly pulled the trigger, wanting to at least incapacitate the Brute. But she should wait for Favnir's lead, just in case... Was Kid still freaking out? He had fallen silent, yet hadn't shown up to address the problem at hand like usual.

The Brute roared. "PUSH OFF, YOU LOT." They began to walk past Favnir, forcing the Vampire to fall back.

The Vampire growled, tail lashing wildly as he slunk down, the Brute stumbling around in the halls, whispering absolute, completely garbled nonsense to himself as he began to stalk off, the Vampire's eyes glowing with rage at the Brute. Favnir gave them both a solid, hard glare, ready to whack both of them over the head with their staff if needed.

It was then that the Vampire snapped, letting out a roar as he leapt upon the Brute, tearing into the scales to the soft flesh underneath with both his claws and fangs, the Brute fighting back as soon as the brown dragon sung his nails into his side. The hallway filled with the whipping of tails and the growls and roars of a fight, the White dragon letting out their own roar of anger as they tried to go in with their staff to break up the fight. Knowing that the two were at the door, Favnir yelled towards them to get some incapacitating shots in so they could calm down this fight. Oh... this was not good.

Right on command, Liz fired at the Brute's paws - they were the safest to hit without catching the more delicate and thrashing Vampire, or Favnir. The hits tore at the thick, leathery scales, tearing off just the finest of shreds. Of course, the scales remained the barrier they had been since the very beginning. Where was Chaotic?

Liz stepped aside. "Chaotic! Have at them!"

Once the scales were weakened, Patty's shots would be far more effective.

Zerureusu, completely unarmed, dug his claws into the floor and hissed at the activity, wondering if he should go for any eyes...

Chaotic Vampire smiled, aiming in the rayguns at the wound that Liz had torn into the beast, and firing both her and Korba Kid's rayguns, smiling in victory as she heard them both sizzle and burn at the scales. The Brute threw back his head and roared in rage, his drunken mind wondering what the absolute hell that was. The Vampire, although confused, thought this as an advantage, and he immediately went for the wound forming on the Brute's feet. But not before long, Favnir brought their staff crashing down on his head, bashing it with all the force they could muster, making the Vampire freeze up for just one moment as his eyes rolled back into his head and he fell down. Favnir growled, egging the others to go on and shoot again.

(short and awkward oops)

(SUDDEN CAR DRIVE AND IT WAS RAINING AND MY FRIEND'S CAT CAME UP FOR A PET 8D)

Liz flinched. That oughta have broken his skull...

But as the Brute lunged for the Vampire's vulnerable body, beginning to hold weight off of the injured paw, Liz continued her assault. Bright flashes of light cast the dragons' stark shadows over the wall behind them, and the Brute, unable to rationalise any of their actions, lunged straight for the source of those painful, damaging hits.

The Brute's heavy jaws crashed together in the doorway, just about shearing off a few feathers from Favnir's nearest wing. Pulling its head back for a second attempt - the attacks hadn't stopped, dazzling it - Kid came flying out from across the room, kicking the dragon squarely under the jaw and knocking the reptile into the wall with the sound of splintering wood.

Liz lowered the gun, an unimpressed look on her face. "Good to see you're back."

(speaking of cats - mine smells so good???? why does she smell good i cant stop sniffing my cat hel p)

Chaotic Vampire grunted as both the Zonerunners pushed against the door, trying to prevent it from cracking under the sheer weight of the purple dragon. Once the dragon had been thrown against the other wall, Chaotic slipped out of the room, shooting a couple more bolts before stopping to look at the dragon. The Brute was all beat up, but it's eyes still glowed with a glazed, drunken rage. Favnir dragged the knocked out Vampire aside, keeping a careful blue eye on the Brute. He seemed truly beat up, but Brutes didn't give up that easily Surely, there was something else going on.

(tfw u read fanfic instead of replying)

(*Rises from the dead like a movie villain*)

The Brute growled, placing a paw on its drunken head. Its eyes swung around almost blindly, wide and crazed, and its jaw hung slack.

The Vampire, it then realised, was apparently gone. Its means of unleashing that frustrating rage... What was it mad about again? Did that matter, really? Right now, what it absolutely had to do was be angry towards something.

The dragon caught sight of a glint of sliver, managing to recognise it as a pair of pistols aimed straight at it by the pest that nailed it in the face. Elsewhere in the corridor, another pest. Trying to corner it, huh? No way was it having that.

With a grunt, the Brute flung its entire body from one side of the corridor to the other, lunging recklessly in every direction and anticipating crushing a target at any point. Its claws slashed the walls, its tail cracked the floor.

Unable to find an opening to retaliate and focused more on dodging the flaming dragon, Kid had had enough of this dragon's nonsense. Wherever Kobra or Chaotic were, hopefully they would be able to follow his order: "Shoot the thing!"

(*faint screaming from across the pacific*)

"I'm trying!" Chaotic Vampire yelled back, dual wielding the two rayguns as the bolts lit up the hallway, Favnir taking a second to admire the tehnology within the weapons that the summons had brought along with them. But there was no time to dawdle, Favnir tried to step on the Brute's tail in an effort to get his attention, but the damn thing struck their ankle and cause Favnir to fall back. It was like that jump rope spinny game that the kindergarten kids used to play for the people in the corridor, jumping and narrowly missing the whip-like tail the Brute kept throwing around.

(wow i haven't rped in a while)

(DID U SAY SOMETHING)

"Doesn't this place have any kind of security?!" Kid yelled, at no-one in particular.

"Apparently not," Liz said, deadpan and serious.

"It's way more exciting like this, don'tcha think?~" Patty, of course, was always one to be riled up for a brawl.

What were even the punishments for killing a dragon? Granted, if they killed this one it could be passed off as 'self defence', but still.

The Brute's scales were seared viciously, yet its rage blinded it to all pain. Many of its attacks were suddenly directed more at Chaotic, as the light her weapons produced revealed her clearly.

In the background, barely heard above the noise, a scared meow could be heard. Zerureusu, weaponless and defenceless, hid under one of the beds.

Maybe the Brute could at least be lured out of this corridor, maybe even outside. Then it could rage to its heart's content. As he tried to figure out the best course of action, Kid continued to shoot at the Brute, hitting it from all angles as it flailed, hoping to catch its attention. And then without a moment's notice, the dragon's cries suddenly ceased and the reptile collapsed limply to the ground.

"Did you just... kill it?" Liz asked.

(*more incoherent screaming*)

Favnir grabbed their staff, holding it with a strong grip as they gestured the two shooters forward, wanting to know they had backup just in case this Brute tried anything on them. Chaotic Vampire inched forward, bandanna and sunglasses the only things protecting her face as she aimed both the rayguns down at the Brute's seared-to-Hell-and-back purple scales, letting out a breath she hadn't known she had been holding in that moment as she waited for Favnir to assess the situation.

Favnir carefully poked at the Brute with their staff, dipping their head down close to the beaten dragon. Noticing it's fluttering chest and the faint snore of his breath, Favnir shook their head. "No, Unconscious." Favnir sighed, rolling their blue eyes and tapping their staff on the ground. "We may get into trouble for this, we may not. Depends on who's around." The White spoke. "But either way, we need to get this guy out of here..."

(WHY YES I AGREE)

Kid kicked at the Brute's long, thick tail, as though just making doubly sure the dragon was out of action. Liz and Patty, now that the excitement was apparently over, returned to their human forms. Patty immediately took the opportunity to begin petting the Brute: "It's like a giant scaly puppy!"

Zerureusu mewed softly, crawling out from his hiding place and under Favnir. "Nya, i sure hope this isn't a daily occurrence... Nya."

"I sure hope it isn't hourly or something like that," Liz said, sweeping her hair back over her shoulders a bit. "Favnir, can you heal these two up and do with them as you will? I suspect we've already caused enough trouble as it is..."

"I'll get right on it... and no, this doesn't happen very often, although in some cases it's more common than others of course." Favnir said, waving off Patty as they sat in front of the Brute, the corridor soon beginning to fill with the warm light of healing magic. "Don't touch please, it'd be a waste of magic." Favnir uttered, Chaotic Vampire letting out a gasp as she threw Kobra Kid's raygun back to him, sliding in next to Favnir as she pulled down her bandanna, lifting off her sunglasses in wonder.

"Holy censorkip.gif !" She said, wanting to reach out and touch it but refraining herself from doing so. "What the hell...?" The part of her mind that still hadn't quite left Old California yet still wanted to believe that this was some BLI crap right here, I mean, it would be fitting since Favnir is a White dragon and heals censorkip.gif, but she knew that again, she's in a different world. Favnir watched Chaotic's amazed expression with what only could be described as a dragon-ish smile.

"Magic, this is. Do you not have magic in your home world?" Chaotic shook her head, looking up to Kobra who shook his head too as he peeked around the hotel door to see what was happening in the hallway. "I'm guessing you guys however do..." Favnir said, looking towards the other three in the hallway.

"You guessed right," Kid said, leaning back against one of the damaged walls, arms crossed and hardly bothering to even watch Favnir. Liz was similarly unsurprised, and Patty certainly found Chaotic's reaction infinitely more interesting.

Zerureusu simply opted to keep his distance, entranced by the light. If it were a more concentrated point, like focusing sunlight through a lens or reflecting it off of a knife, he'd be chasing it like any ordinary house cat. As it was, there was an urge of curiosity tempting him to just jump at the light.

Back on the first floor, the black dragon rested their head on the table, tongue hanging out and nearly asleep. The racket from the second floor had barely caught any attention. The black dragon's dull eyes observed the inn's other guests, and in one corner, a hooded orange dragon watched back.

(noondhana be like: guess who's back)

(back again)

Favnir nodded as the wounds inflicted by the weapons began to stitch themselves up, the lines made from the silver weapon forming into scars and the scorch marks formed by the light up weapons lifting out of the skin and replaced by neat but sparse scales. Chaotic Vampire watched in aw, Kobra Kid sitting down next to her and watching too.

"Damn, dude, can humans, or well, can we do something like this?" Kobra asked, gesturing to himself and Chaotic.

Favnir nodded. "But as you two are not from this world, I doubt it highly that you two can preform magic, but yes human creatures from this world can do magic, although not as much or as powerful as dragons do." Favnir said, making sure that the others heard them talking as well. Favnir thought of this as good information about the world around the group.

The light ceased as the Brute was all healed up now, Favnir scratching gently at a couple of scars caused by the torch marks and the weapons. "We did more damage to this guy than I'd like to admit, but it was necessary to subdue him. Brutes truly live up to their name." Favnir said, dragging the Vampire dragon over to inspect how he was doing.

Edited by petewentztheemogod