skwerl56767

Looking Glass OOC

Small reminder bump; right now we're waiting for posts from Mage and Silver! Since I'd rather not have another dead RP on my hands due to inactivity, if they don't respond eventually I'm going to assume their characters are still pondering actually going to the dimensions and send Thaels' and Ceadeus' through first, instead of doing everyone in one burst like I was going to.

Uh, you destroyed an entire rockslide? I could understand if say, she shattered just one rock, but Suzuki couldn't have thrown an entire rockslide away. We're talking about tons and tons of rocks the size of cars or larger. Unless she used some kind of omega ability and now she's worn down to nothing?

Oh...

From how it was explained, I assumed it was just a pile of boulders, and with the right amount of force, it could be reduced to nothing. I didn't understand how large it was if you're trying to convey a really huge rockslide, so I guess it's more on my end.

I just thought we were in a narrow mountain pass, like 3-5 people wide at most, meaning that there was just a random pile of rocks - not a massive rockslide.

Since Suzuki's forte is penetration damage and piercing, breaking a few rocks is easy if she has enough room to move. But then again, it being an "omega" move as you say could make sense. Do you want me to edit it or just leave it as is?

It is a narrow mountain pass, but I'm thinking that depth-wise she would only be able to scratch the surface. I didn't think penetration was "shatter target object" though, I thought it only meant "armor means nothing", so none of the damage dealt can be blocked? I haven't played enough RPGs to know what the usual meaning is for penetration.

A small edit would suffice, I think. It just caught me off guard, how she just blew away tons of giant rocks. xd.png It was like she tore down a bunch of brick walls back to back! But she can still keep the ability; just keep it in check.

Penetration means she is literally a drill, in a way. With enough speed and force, as long as Ryuki and Nekomi are by her ( though in this case, unmorphed, therefore the buffs are pretty much negligible ) she can normally deal heavy amounts of piercing damage but it means that enemies who are faster than her leave her at a risky spot. Lances are good for keeping enemies at bay, perfect for someone who is trying to protect others.

Hm, it sounds pretty focused, so if she attacked with it she would deal tons of damage but only in that one spot, so in the case of rocks she would have to know the rock's weak spots(it sounds so silly, saying it like that xd.png) so that she could strike it just right to cause it to shatter. It makes more sense now, but I envisioned the mountain pass to be long and narrow, so the avalanche would be large in the sense that it keeps going; so it's not just large rocks blocking the front, it's large rocks backed by more large rocks backed by more large rocks(etc.), which is how it caught me off guard. So Suzuki could technically destroy the first few rocks, but in order to keep going it would have to be charge after charge after charge. You wrote it like she struck the first rock or two, which caused every corresponding rock behind it to explode(which is super cool, but not quite what I was thinking xd.png).

I think that makes sense? So if you still want her to drill through the pass, basically all you need to do is have her keep charging through it while slowly getting more tired. If it helps, the pass isn't super long, but about 1/4-1/5 of it is blocked by the rockslide where we are, and there's a much smaller blockage at the end of the pass which is thin enough that you can almost see what's on the other side. I don't mind how you make the edit though, it's ultimately your choice.

Oh I thought that we had changed it already I didn't know you were expecting an edit.

I thought you were going to post and then I would follow up now following this new idea. I didn't know.

Just a quick post to say that I'll be a little busier, so a post might not come in a while. While I'm thinking about it though, is anyone else still here? Funny that this was going to be a 1x1 with Ceadeus and it turned into a 1x1 with Thael... xd.png

._.'

Ehm... uh...

I recall saying that you could drag Rachel along until you came to the forest... and the part with the old man I think is fine... but what is going on with the first part of the post? Sorry if I implied that you could control the NPCs' reactions, but I'm confused.

I don't understand your question. I didn't just want to abandon the NPCs like that and disappear into the wilds. I just used what I'd learned from how you made Avena and the Stable boy act and I tried to make it make sense.

I thought maybe it would irk you but I wasn't sure and I hoped it wouldn't :T

It's fine if you abandon them; if anything happens I'll be sure to do a quick post to wrap up the interactions, just to show that they acknowledged what Ryuki said. I understand where you're coming from, but that was another curveball you threw. xd.png Go ahead and edit the post to exclude their reactions, and if you're curious on what happens I can do another tidbit there. The chunk in italics and the last part of the post are fine, so you can keep them as they are (for interpreting the personalities, you did a pretty good job).

Just curious, is the part with the twisted branch someone you're going to play, or an NPC I should expect to encounter later on? It's very intriguing...

Originally it was meant to refer to the Queen, but it could also be a random NPC later on. I'll have you know when it comes to fairytale worlds and interpreting people, I'm one of the best you'll find - especially for tales of romance and heroics. It's something I'm very proud of.

So don't worry about that.

However, in 1v1s it's usually fine for both characters to control NPCs the other makes but if it makes you uncomfortable or ruins plans you make, I won't do it again. I know how it feels. I normally hate when people do it unless they do a damn good job portraying a person's personality or their actual thoughts. Then, I love it.

So I understand.

This roleplay feels like nothing but plans for me. xd.png Yeah, it's technically not a 1x1 (even though everyone else vanished) so I would like to keep things like that separate rather than shared. I'll be more cautious about saying who you can control in the future.

Hm... the twisted branch might play nicely with my plans concerning the Queen in the future, though I'm not sure what exactly it does. I like having the plot remain more mysterious so there are plenty of surprises (hopefully good ones) so I'm not sure if I should share what I have in mind, to see if the branch could be used.

Thanks for the edit; I'll get a post up soon!

Coming back into here to say that my family has been in a frantic packing state to get things moved, so I might not be able to post until... maybe a few days? Depending on how much we move over the weekend. I'll try to get a post in some time next week.

Will you be doing a post soon Thael? I'm not sure if the other roleplays are eating up your time or not. Also I'll be opening up more player slots around St. Patrick's Day, since it might help the other subplots get moving again. Unless Mage, Silver, and Ceadeus suddenly pop up again I'll be allowing the new people to either take their places or play other roles in the story, depending on what each person wants. I'm open to either.

Huh? I thought you were the last one to post. My bad. I guess I just didn't because I was waiting on you.

As for replacements or added additions, that's entirely up to you. Replacing them might be the BEST bet, but if they come back...

Ah it's been a few weeks. I doubt it.

Another packing/cleaning rush is happening this weekend since the realtor will be coming over, but I'll write up a new post as soon as I can.

In other news, I have opened up the roleplay to accept new members! The only thing I ask for new people (aside from what is listed in the OP) is that they tell me whether or not they're replacing an inactive character or playing as a character in the current storyline; that way reactions can be written accordingly.

So new people would have to let us know the new character's purpose, its greatest fears, and perhaps give a short description of the character. I haven't decided on how many people I will be accepting at the moment, but the slots are still limited. As soon as I feel we have gathered enough people they will close back up again!