skwerl56767

Looking Glass OOC

Some additional condensed information cubes for Skwerl:

Appearance: A boy on the shorter side, with olive skin and short chestnut hair with a curl to it. Brown eyes. Likes baggy clothing, currently wearing a black hoodie with a skeleton's ribcage on it (it's festive!), dark green cargo pants, and bright sneakers.

Extra: Is pretty popular in school since he is very social. Most people know who he is. In many clubs. Is an angel in school, but also likes to party hard come night time. Is probably also sleep deprived due to wanting both good grades and a wild social life.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

(( Oh, TUM is here too! I'm highly considering trying to join this with one of my famous couples but I'm really too tired to try to make a sheet right now. Just wanted to know if couples are fine. :T ))

Eh, I can move to whichever forum you guys decide. Besides what you stated I don't realt know any other active RP sites, which is why I haven't posted anything so far. I'm still here, just watching instead of posting.

Oh and I'll explain what Cygnis looks like when I'm back from school.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

True...

To be honest I haven't really thought that much yet, just that I want it to be some sort of bird.

Cygnis is currently wearing black leggings, a dark blue slightly loose hoodie, and a solid black shirt underneath the hoodie. She has long messy black hair that spikes out everywhere and brown eyes. Her face is usually either bearing an irritated scowl or a smug smirk, softened a little by her not-so-intimidating height. Though she has absolutely no arm strength and therefore stick arms, her legs are stronger and allow her to achieve a decent speed. She doesn't excel physically, preferring to home her strategy via video games instead.

...Is gaining hand strength because of gaming a thing? *random curiosity*

No, I don't think that's a thing. Instead of gaining strength you'd probably strain your wrist and get arthritis. Gaming seems to give you repetitive strain injuries, unless you're playing… the Wii?

I haven't really thought about my shift either. The feathers are left deliberately vague, since I wasn't sure if I was going to go the giant bird route.

Heh, a Minecraft mod ruined me; honestly when I first saw "Cygnis" I initially thought "lava fish". Sooo... could be a lava fish. xd.png A swan would be much more graceful of a morph though.

Hm, I haven't been on NaNoWriMo forums, so I wouldn't have a better idea on the activity there. We can stick to DCF for now, but if things start to slow down we can search for another forum; hopefully that isn't soon.

@Thael: Do you mean couples as in if you can have multiple characters? Because that's a yes. If you mean couples as in your character's morph is a "couple" for your character then I'd say no, because both you and your morph are technically the same person and not two different people(which is probably badly explained in the OP because sometimes I have a hard time writing my ideas as they are xd.png). But yes, you can have more than one character.

@Mage: Updated the OP; thanks! I'll probably do a post pretty quick here, unless Thael jumps in with his new characters.

(( Uh yes I would love to make my character sheets but I want to make sure you know that by couple I mean ROMANTIC couple. Like already together, predetermined. Not just a pair of characters. I know this seems out of left field but I'd like to be absolutely sure. ))

I figured it was romantic since you used the word "couple". tongue.gif As long as it doesn't cross any of the rules you're fine. And you don't have to make a huge character sheet if you don't want to, I just need enough information from your introductory post to be able to update the Character Holster.

Speaking of which, I did that recently so everyone can reference the appearance of the NPCs I'm using right now; just let me know if I need to clarify anything! Turns out, I'm better at describing creatures than I am people.

Username: Thaelasan

Character Name: Watanabe Ryuki

Appearance: Lanky, and tall, with a slight amount of grizzle that he's quite proud of adorning his face. His features are slightly noble, yet with a feminine air. However, thanks to his facial hair, no one can really argue that he's male. He does, however, braid the back of his hair into something reminiscent of a top-knot, only longer. His girlfriend does it for him, constantly. His hair is grey. His eyes are green. When wearing his school uniform, he likes to wear his shirt loose and the sleeves rolled up. When not wearing it, he normally wears shirts of single colors with light jackets over them. As such, he normally wears his winter uniform, much to the dismay of his teachers, who want him to wear the uniform of the season like a proper student. Underneath his shirt, he wears a long, silver chain from which, at the center, hangs two teeth said to be from a wolf and the symbol of a western dragon, wings outstretched. The teeth were added by him.

Personality: Though he's laid back, he's acute. He normally likes to speak in a lax manner, or leans back in his seat as though he's sleeping. However, he hears most of what goes on, and not much passes him without him putting in at least a word of input. He trusts people innocently, and enjoys toying with them and being around them as much as possible. He does, however, have a condescending tone to those younger than him, who have not yet earned his respect. He likes to be called senpai as much as possible. However, it is up to other people if they actually listen.

Fear: Losing those close to him, especially his girlfriend and sister.

Second Fear (weaker but present): Losing the respect of others after working hard to gain it, becoming less than he is, and falling back to what he was.

Character Name: Tsukino Nekomi

Appearance:Unlike Ryuki, she takes far more care of herself, and tries to be the model student. She wears a hair pin with a cat's face upon it which changes based on the day, or her own mood. She wears the school uniform as it is supposed to be worn, and is known to mess with Ryuki's. One of her eyes is blue, the other is sea-green. Her hair is long and gold which she likes to braid like her boyfriend's hair. She wears a medium-sized silver chain from which hangs the shape of a cat prowling. A cat's eye gem hangs on both side of the necklace.

Personality: Not completely opposing of Ryuki, but she attempts to be more considerate than he is. Like a cat, she is prone to being startled at loud noises, even when she anticipates them. She's a bit absent-minded, however, and is normally very involved in something she's reading. She's quiet, preferring to keep to herself rather than cause a scene, unlike Ryuki. She hates chaos, and loves things being organized. She has a habit of trying to adjust peoples' uniforms and bags upon first meeting them, and it's something she cannot control.

Fear: Losing those close to her, especially Ryuki and Suzuki.

Second Fear (Weaker but present): Imbalance, chaos, and change, things she cannot make stable. Things being out of order. Basically, the unexpected.

Character Name: Watanabe Suzuki

Appearance: Like her brother, she possesses the eye and hair color of their family line. However, she normally wears a hoodie wrapped around her waist regardless of weather and rolls up her sleeves like her brother does. In testament to her brother's old pet-name (which she still uses) and her own love of the ancient beast, Suzuki's school bag and shoes have dragons drawn on them. She also likes to draw them on the back of her hand or her cheek (which Ryuki washes off as best he can.) She wears shorts instead of a skirt, and likes to wear her hair short with a single ponytail.

Personality: Suzuki is heavily inspired by her brother. Because of her chuunibyou syndrome, she believes that he used to be a hero, and that his old delinquent acts were justified - when in a way, they were. She likes to play around roughly and challenge people, and is very defensive of her older brother. Considering she just turned fifteen and enrolled in her brother's school, she is dead set on proving herself to him, much to his chagrin. She is also one of the only people who can make him actually pay attention to her rather than acting disinterested.

She loves to play around with other people as well, if they seem interested in her mock battles.

Fear: Losing Ryuki or Nekomi, and those close to her.

Second Fear (Weaker but present): Discovering that she may not be as heroic as she wants to be, and that she might actually be weak.

(( Alright, I'll finish this by saying this, for anyone who didn't know this. There are those who know these characters. TUM does. And I have waited MONTHS to use them again.

Their last RP ended sadly so I want to give them another chance. I won't be adding "History" or "Other" sections until everything is finalized and I get a better grasp of the story of this RP, if you will allow.

:3

For now I decided to keep their old appearances and personalities intact. ))

Edited by Thaelasan

Hm, I have just a few nitpicks, though considering you're importing them from another RP I'm not too surprised about it. tongue.gif

-This school doesn't have uniforms, so those parts can be removed. On the other hand, you could say that they're foreigners who have recently moved to the US, so the uniforms are concerned only with the school they previously went to? That might work.

-It says in Nekomi's Personality "which led to her knocking Ryuki over in the first place", but it isn't apparent what it's referencing. If it's related to the history that hasn't been added yet, maybe remove that part for now?

-In Suzuki's Personality it says "She likes to roll around and challenge people,", and I'm not sure how to interpret "roll around"? xd.png I'm interpreting it as "she likes to strut around" since I get the impression that she likes to show off how good she is at fighting, since it mentions that she enjoys mock battles, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Other than that, the only things missing are the respective fears for each person! I'll add the sheets to the OP once they're revised, and once they're added you can go ahead and write your intro post.

EDIT: Didn't even see the post with Cygnis's appearance in it! Thanks Silver! Adding to the OP...

Edited by skwerl56767

Yeah the uniforms were from the original school they went to. To be completely honest, it would be absolutely hilarious if we made mention to the original, if you allowed it, like they made jokes like "This form, it's.... familiar. Oh right."

"Where'd those bugs go."

"God man I wish Hiroto was here.."

"This is crazier than any abomination!"

PFT.

I'm absolutely intrigued now.

It's been Edited. But I didn't add the part about their school uniforms because I hope that's now understood as a thing. Honestly, I have no idea what to really write for history yet.

Also I need a bit longer to finalize their shifted forms, but that shouldn't affect the intro posts and stuff, right?

Edited by Thaelasan

Nah, it shouldn't affect the first couple of posts. It's recommended that you have a pretty good idea of what the shift is pretty soon here though, since Shadow is going to be explaining about the mirrors.

Okay, uniforms are understood; I'll just add a little snippet after the sheets explaining it to future players. I don't know about the mentions since the two RPs take place in different universes(it probably wouldn't make sense in the context of the RP), but it would be funny. xd.png

I've added the sheets to the OP; go ahead and start posting!

Being tired makes it very hard to write well but I'll be damned if I had to wait another day to write as them again. >:I

Not gon happen. >:I ))

I hope my writing isn't bad, its been too long since I've RPed like this. I've become used to writing my characters' actions in asterisks and their speech like a script.

I gotta get used to writing my character's name more than once per post but not in a way that looks awkward.

I just follow the rule that I was always taught - whenever starting a new idea, start a new paragraph. And if you have to QUESTION who did something, use their name and not a pronoun.

That's a good rule of thumb.

That moment when you realize that you somehow missed a post regarding the fact that everyone can already be in the gym.

That moment when you realize you made a mistake.

I gotta fix this.

Concentration time.

IT HATH BEEN IMPROVED! ツ

Edited by Thaelasan

xd.png Alrighty then! I think the only person who hasn't posted yet is Silver, but if she doesn't do a post soon I'll go ahead and do one.

EDIT: I should probably say this now; I'll only do descriptions and stuff like that when it's necessary, so I won't always have descriptions in posts, especially if there are large chunks concerning interactions with NPCs(like with the latest post). I figured you guys wouldn't care for the redundancy, and things will go a little faster without me repeating myself anyways. tongue.gif

Edited by skwerl56767

I still haven't figured out what exactly my shift is. I don't want it to be too similar to Silver's, since I was thinking of a giant bird, but...

I apologize for my posts not being as long as you guys' posts. I try to make up for quantity with quality but I'm still learning how to write longer posts.

Also Evert's shift is meant to be 8ft tall but if that's too big I can make him shorter. The creature is a snow living beast with powerful jaws and sharp claws. It also has some power over ice, like, basic ice breath and the ability to slowly freeze things by touching them.

Ryuki's abilities are based on if Nekomi and Suzuki are next to him, and vice versa.

If Ryuki is near Nekomi, she gains Moon's Blessing. If Suzuki is near her, she gains Hero's Spirit.

If Nekomi is near Ryuki, he gains Beloved Protection. If Suzuki is near him, he gains Sibling's Support.

If Suzuki is near Nekomi, she gains Spiritual Guidance. If Suzuki is near Ryuki, she gains Rivalry.

Basically, Nekomi's links are all supportive, Suzuki's are all defensive, and Ryuki's are all offensive. All three of them are needed in order to form a good team. Separating them is the best way to beat them but it's difficult.

Ryuki's armor is based on the wolf and the dragon, but mainly the wolf (which is ironic given his name). His attacks are meant to be ferocious, using his twin blades, Dragon's Fang and Wolf's Fang respectively (in Japanese of course), to cut down his opponents by aiming for their vital points. His aspect is Night, Moon.

Nekomi's dress and robe is based off the cat and the stars. Her attacks and spells are meant to be supportive and healing but she also has a bow for long-ranged battle if necessary, and clawed gauntlets (not much damage) for melee. Her arrows, when hitting allies, bless them. It is up to the person who gets shot if the arrow hits or misses. Her arrows take time to charge before she can use them as she must bless them by her "goddess". Hence, Suzuki or Ryuki normally defend her during this time. Her aspect is Light, Stars.

Suzuki's powers are based off the legendary dragons, especially those of Ice. She is a dedicated shield, her lance keeping enemies away while her armor providing defense to those behind her and near her. She loves to be in the middle of engagements. Though she moves slowly in her armor, she possesses an icy aura around her as well as an ice breath which requires time to use. Her aspect is Shadow, Night Sky.

Together they form the aspect of Starfall, Stars, Moon, and Sky.

Also, never worry about how much you post. I just worry I discourage people by post length. But I can't help it. D:

Edited by Thaelasan

I should be fine as long as I can post at least a paragraph or two while maintaining good grammar and quality of writing.

Also that's really cool.

You're fine Ceadeus; I'm actually trying to make my posts shorter so they're less of a read, but it's not working out so well. xd.png Too used to making larger posts!

Hm, okay, the information is nice but I have questions: what exactly are these buffs that they gain when in one another's presence? Also, how are the aspects important? Are they elemental affinities, or...?

Other than that, it's duly noted. c: I'll add it to the OP; on that note, anyone can clarify their shift's abilities if they want.

Also Thael, I just wanted to point out that it seems a bit odd, how your characters are "becoming who they're meant to be" when they're just changing into their other selves from another dimension. xd.png But as long as this is just an undertone for their personal stories and it doesn't get in the way of the RP I'm fine with it. Just be cautious.

The "Meant to be" is a reference to how these forms were their forms in their original story, and in these "Theoretical" other ones. It has no impact on this RP nor the other characters. I have no intention to use it to gain power or control, so rest assured. It's just supposed to add to their personal stories. Nothing more.

As for their aspects, they're a reference to Japanese lore. Moon, Star, and Sky. They also are apparent in their elements, yes, but moreso just the names of their attacks (Which, of course, they named their skills because anime reasons. Don't judge them.)

Basically, the buffs work as follows:

Moon's Blessing: Nekomi's powers are invoked by the gods but Ryuki is her chosen defender. He has always stood by her ever since they met. As such, his connection to the aspect of the moon blesses her with clarity. It takes her less time to use her abilities.

Hero's Spirit: Suzuki's desire for justice and heroism is contagious! Nekomi feels far more heroic in her presence and feels protected by her armor. She is able to handle more major damage.

Beloved Protection: Nekomi and Ryuki became inseparable following their first year together. In fact, it's almost as if it were meant to be. With her behind him, Ryuki feels as though he can take on the world. He becomes stronger, gaining the ability "Strike of the Stars" a sword strike carrying the love between him and her.

Sibling's Support: Suzuki always wants to cheer her brother on, even back when they were younger and he was a delinquent who beat up others for her defense. As such, she wants to return the favor. Near her, Ryuki feels far more protected. He can take more damage than usual.

Spiritual Guidance: Suzuki needs a limiter. She has far too much energy all the time and she needs to focus. Nekomi normally helps her with that, and nothing changes once they shift. Suzuki's defenses become stronger, giving her the ability to focus all her armor and protection on one person, giving them immense defensive bonuses. This doesn't have to be Ryuki or Nekomi - anyone can gain this buff. However, she cannot attack with skills or move while doing this, being forced to stand near the person.

Rivalry: Suzuki wants to prove she can stand up to her brother, even be stronger than him, faster. Her attack speed increases so long as she stands by him, as well as the precision of her strikes.

Note: This requires they all be shifted. No bonuses can be gained or lost while unshifted. Should you at any time deem that they are not close enough for their buffs to take effect, I will follow suit in any posts after that during that situation.

Edited by Thaelasan