skwerl56767

Looking Glass OOC

Ah, yeah I've been sliding too; the packing craze has changed into the keep-everything-clean craze. xd.png (And I admit I didn't really help by leaving Ryuki to go do whatever.) I'd still like to keep this faster-paced but it can go a little slower if it would help at all.

Just a quick heads-up that a new player, Mephaesto, has joined! The new character will be taking Cygnis's place, and go to the twisted forest reality. I've updated the OP with relevant information.

Hey Thael. Do you have time for a post? xd.png We have an encounter with a rodent-monster.

I know we do. I'm friends with Mephaesto. I was getting him situated in it.

However, I honestly have no idea what to do in my post. Are you wanting me to just kill the rodent thing or is it actually supposed to be a difficult fight?

o: Learned something new! That's awesome!

I was anticipating the rodent being a difficult fight since it's an Accursed Beast, though I guess we could always run away. xd.png I was going to let you have the first strike, though if it would work better I can edit my post so the rodent lunges first?

Uh, Skwerl, Mephaesto is currently in a world with a person we BOTH know hasn't been on in like... 2 weeks? Or so. So why not just put him in our world for now to avoid problems? I mean, it's kinda become 1v1 for now ANYWAY, and I'm fine with it if you are.

You can see he's pretty damn good so I think it'd be nice to have a third person to talk with and help in fights. Maybe he can show up and kill this rodent or something or help us fight it? That'd be a nice intro post.

I have no idea where the guy he's interacting with IS but now we could just go world by world, instead of all at once, right?

I'm just suggesting.

Also your post is fine. I'll get something in.

Edited by Thaelasan

Hm? He's replacing Cygnis; Jacob was an inactive character of mine that was supposed to go with Cygnis before she went inactive herself. I just did a post for the new world, but if Mephaesto wants we can delete the posts and he can start again in the current universe. Though, I would like it to have two storylines going at once; I put quite a bit of work into each reality, so having only one going wasn't really the plan...

But it's up to Mephaesto. I'm fine with either solution; once we're done with the floating forest reality (if we hopefully get to that point) I'll just say that the others did their parts. Or, we could say that the others decided to leave/some of them haven't returned so you guys can explore the other realities... yeah, I like that solution better. xd.png So if you guys want to do one reality at a time I'm fine with that; just let me know and I'll delete/edit my post to reflect the decision.

Oh, Jacob was yours? Wow I had forgotten. My bad.

Anyway, let's leave it to Meph then. And yeah, having them "not return" would add to the drama, and would have it where they could return later.

All right then! Though, it just occurred to me; Ezekiel won't be a mirror-shifter if he originates from the reality Thael and I are in, because he would have never gained the mirror in the first place, so he would lose his shift; everything else can be kept as-is. On the other hand (look at me and being all flexible) we could theoretically say that a sort of connection opened up between the two realities-since there is only limbo in between either of them-so technically Ezekiel and Jacob could have still went to the other reality but ended up in this one, maybe due to a sudden instability that caused everything to shift; we would just be skipping the part where they were in their chosen reality before ending up in this one.

I hope I didn't just throw a bunch of gibberish around. xd.png So since Ezekiel already has his shadow-powers, losing his shift yet originating from the floating forest wouldn't be a bad switch. The advantage there is that Mephaesto can do a post right away; with my sort-of-flexible explanation nothing would have to be changed with Ezekiel, but I would have to make a post/edit my previous post to reflect the instability that put Ezekiel and Jacob near Ryuki and Rachel in the first place, since it won't exactly be casual...

So I guess it's up to Mephaesto again on what he wants to do? I edited my post so it's blank, so if you guys decide that Mephaesto is losing his shift but can post right away, he can edit as necessary. And sorry for the troubles in advance; just trying to keep things running smoothly. ^^'

Having Ezekiel originate from the floating forest would be an interesting twist! The question is how would I be introduced. Would I start off as hostile, would I be held hostage by a monster...

xd.png All right, I think it's settled then! Jacob and Cygnis would have still "went" to the other reality, so Ezekiel can originate from this one. He won't have his Jinushigami shift, but he can use his shadow powers all he wants.

You're free to do whatever you want with your post! If I'm remembering correctly (since you said you only read the first few pages for necessary information), Ryuki and Rachel are on a dirt path heading south through a dense forest, and have just skipped over visiting a potentially-dangerous village called Nimbleherd Brook; they're now faced with an Accursed Beast (basically just a fancy monster) and there might be a fight soon. So if you want to start away from the group at first you could start in Nimbleherd; I haven't decided any details from it other than it is actually dangerous, so you're free to do whatever! Or you could make a new area yourself and start up ahead on the path where the two are headed. After the forest there will be a large clearing that leads up into a mountain pass, but I haven't put anything in the clearing yet; anything in that pass and beyond though is all fleshed out, so you probably don't want to start out there.

I think I would like to start out in Nimbleherd Brook...I'll try to come up with a reason why I am venturing into the forest. I may need some more background on the town to help.

Sure! Hm... I think I'll just list a bunch of bullet points. xd.png Too lazy to make it fancy right now.

-It's a medieval-style town.

-The town is centered on a large well

-The majority of the buildings are made with wood, but may have cobblestone foundations

-Dirt roads

-I know there's a town hall somewhere... maybe a small church too?

-Low population; maybe 50 people tops

-Buried in the woods; literally nothing but trees all around

-I haven't decided what the inhabitants are... The town that Ryuki was just in (Lady Avena's town) had a dryad-people called Wood Wanderers, but they're a peaceful race and I'm thinking of something more neutral. Probably humans, but there's so much room to do something else... maybe another type of weak forest spirit?

-Maybe the danger of the town has something to do with the well? Maybe it's a portal, or the water is tainted... If you don't come up with something I'm bound to. tongue.gif

If you need more I can flesh it out as necessary/change a few things to add more stuff. It sounds like you're starting a ways from the town anyway, so it won't be a problem.

Just to let you guys know I'm gonna try to make a post this week. I'm still deciding on how I want to enter the scene and such. biggrin.gif

Hm? Wait, I thought Thael only slew the rats that were in his vicinity; he couldn't kill a bunch of rats that had run off after Mephaesto, they were too far from his swords.

Our posts were made in collaboration with the assumption that Ryuki had been waiting for the perfect moment. Right as the rats were distracted, for even an instant, he striked. They didn't get a CHANCE to run off and hurt Ezekiel, they were still close enough for him to kill them.

A bit Deus Ex Machina but it's for many reasons.

EDIT: Still, we could fix it and make it make more sense. I don't want you to feel like it's unfair because that isn't right.

Edited by Thaelasan

-snip-

With a screech, the lead rat ran after the strange smell, a gang of rodents trailing behind it. They were insistent in bringing down every creature they could!

Unless my wording was unclear, they definitely ran off after Ezekiel. Rereading Mephaesto's post, it says he retreated (though not where to) so I'm assuming he put some distance between him and the rats in order to try and recuperate. Unless Ryuki is using katanas that are bigger than him, or he was moving (it seemed like he was standing in place, or at least didn't move any further than a foot?) I doubt he would have struck rats who have run off and put at least a yard or two between him and them.

Unless Mephaesto didn't retreat as far back as I had anticipated? It seems odd that he would retreat by only moving a few feet back, but he never specified a distance, so... *Shrug*.

I figured Ezekiel would go just far enough to be out of the conflict but close enough where he could still come in and help. He's more or less a little outside the fringe of the battle.

Really? I thought Ezekiel had escaped into the trees, since your last post implied that he was running away from the rats before they were slain. I don't know, it still seems unlikely that Thael would manage to slay all of the rats attacking him, plus the ones that had run off...

Hmm.. Maybe have Rachel point out the fact that Ezekiel didn't LOSE the rats, like he thought, and they're coming back around? A smaller pack, but with Ryuki fainted...

Yeah...we didn't expressly state all the rats were slain. There could have been a small pack of them try to circle around behind Ezekiel and he is unaware of them. Also my bad on not using the most appropriate wording. I was trying to imply that he made a strategic withdrawal out of combat in order to regain energy. He retreated b/c he was getting tired...not out of fear.

Edited by Mephaesto