Dragoniclove123

Anyone planninng on breeding Halloween Dragons?

Almost everyone will. The AP will be cluttered for a week or so with only Halloween eggs.

Almost everyone will. The AP will be cluttered for a week or so with only Halloween eggs.

Oh, I just asked that because I have never been on for a Halloween event. In fact, when the 2015 event starts, that will be my first event. I guess I will grab some of those dragons when the season comes around.

People are already preparing for Halloween hahaha. Building mates, making deals with others, the works. biggrin.gif

Actually some people are getting a little crazy due to mates not breeding properly. xd.png

That's nice. I don't have any Halloween Dragons, so I can't do stuff like that, but if they want mixed breed dragons and they need males, I can provide that! tongue.gif

I'm gonna breed some holiday dragons to fulfill several IOUs, but as they keep producing multiple eggs all but one will automatically go to the AP for others to find. smile.gif And even if I don't need those specific holiday eggs I abandon them too and let someone else catch it instead. smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Oh yes, of course! In fact, I should dig up my Halloween breeding list and check if I need to update it. Thanks for the reminder!

Don't worry Dragoniclove123, you'll have your own legion of Halloween dragons soon, I definitely plan to breed all of them and share my lineages with other players. smile.gif

Don't worry Dragoniclove123, you'll have your own legion of Halloween dragons soon, I definitely plan to breed all of them and share my lineages with other players. smile.gif

Yep, the AP's going to be a wall of Halloween dragons for about a week. Stock up on reds and pinks now, cause you won't believe how fast you'll go through BSAs grabbing things off the AP.

Yep, the AP's going to be a wall of Halloween dragons for about a week. Stock up on reds and pinks now, cause you won't believe how fast you'll go through BSAs grabbing things off the AP.

I second this. I have a small army of pinks and reds, and I still ran out last year. My advice is to track your influences and incubates starting around the middle of October, so they're all off of cooldown when the Halloween breeding season starts.

I'm rearranging some careless pairings and getting ready to breed.

I already dread being forced to choose between gifting eggs on the Departure board and sacrificing space or dropping everything I breed and picking up AP eggs like there's no tomorrow - not to mention keeping two or three slots for the new eggs.

@ Stargazer_7: Just call me Lyoko, and thanks!

@ Amberfly I probably need a few of those dragons, but I need a female to breed.

My advice is to track your influences and incubates starting around the middle of October, so they're all off of cooldown when the Halloween breeding season starts.

This is the best advice anyone can give when it comes to holiday breeding. BSAs are your best friend during this time tongue.gif

I myself need more marrow dragons, as I only have one adult and one s2 hatchling for some reason (?) I also need to get a few desipis and grave dragons, as I missed those releases. Yes, halloween is a busy busy time for everyone.

Oh, I just asked that because I have never been on for a Halloween event. In fact, when the 2015 event starts, that will be my first event. I guess I will grab some of those dragons when the season comes around.

It's going to be a lot of fun! smile.gif I always look forward to Halloween on DC. I will be breeding all of mine that I have the correct mates for. You will have plenty of dragons to choose from in the AP. biggrin.gif

Yes, I'll do Halloween breeding like there's no tomorrow. Well, no time after the Halloween breeding week. Which there isn't, regarding Halloween dragons. wink.gif

And since next to all holiday breedings during a holiday period produce more than one egg, and the breeder gets to keep only one of those eggs, anyone who is new and needs past Halloween dragons need not fear and just pick them from the AP. (The only complication there is finding the nice lineages - if you care about lineages in the first place.)

And as said above: gather enough Reds (to get more eggs hatched while they are still around) and Pinks (if you want to continue the lineages you find you'll have to make sure the little ones gender correctly) !! (You should have at least 4 times as many Reds as you have eggslots, that way you can incubate through the whole week, if all the eggs you pick up have 7 days left. It takes more if you find eggs that are incu-hatchable.)

And don't forget to get as many of the new Halloween dragons as you can/want, because this is your only chance to get them as caveborns !

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

What do you guys think are the chances of picking up 2Gs from the AP? Or should I arrange for those eggs in advance?

I only have cb pumpkins, black marrows and shadow lurkerswalkers, so I need 2G of the newer three, but not having any lineages I need to match, I'm not all that particular about mates, will probably just go for whatever looks prettiest.

I suppose there probably aren't many pb ones?

Edited by Carthasis

@Carthasis:

Well, last year's Desipis dragons will mostly be 2nd gens, I guess. (They may be added to some existing stairs or messy lineages, but everyone who wants them in the 1st gen of anything has to start that this year.) And people so far only have CB Desipis(es).

My rummaging through the AP in the last years showed the tendency that the older the dragon the fewer 2nd gens you find. That would make sense, but maybe that's just my (not so good) luck.

And there always are more crossbreds that purebreds, but the purebreds are there.

(I'd gladly exchange some 2nd gen Graves and Lurkers for some 2nd gens from your CBs, PM me if interested.)

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

It's going to be a lot of fun! smile.gif I always look forward to Halloween on DC. I will be breeding all of mine that I have the correct mates for. You will have plenty of dragons to choose from in the AP. biggrin.gif

Now that I have some pinks to influence the dragon eggs, I can get some help when the time comes to adopt those eggs like crazy. I am so gonna make a legion of spooks as an IOU for the person that gave me the pinks. wink.gif

Now that I have some pinks to influence the dragon eggs, I can get some help when the time comes to adopt those eggs like crazy. I am so gonna make a legion of spooks as an IOU for the person that gave me the pinks. wink.gif

blink.gif Um, what? Someone traded you a couple of pinks for an IOU of Halloweens? That is seriously unfair for you, most users here would give you a couple of pinks for free. Sounds to me like someone is taking advantage of the fact that you are new and don't know trading values. If I were you, I'd give them the pinks back and keep the holidays you catch for yourself, after all you can't get Halloweens for another year if you trade away those you catch!

I'll send you a couple of reds and pinks for free once I have room for them smile.gif

What do you guys think are the chances of picking up 2Gs from the AP? Or should I arrange for those eggs in advance?

Usually I find a lot of 2nd gens/checkers on holiday dragons in the AP.

You don't need to plan in advance for 2g holidays, unless you're trying to get specific 2g holiday pairings. Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much and if it does seem 3g's + holidays are burying them check the departures thread in the trading section. Usually members do give away 2g holidays they offer to breed or they caught from AP they don't really want.

blink.gif Um, what? Someone traded you a couple of pinks for an IOU of Halloweens? That is seriously unfair for you, most users here would give you a couple of pinks for free. Sounds to me like someone is taking advantage of the fact that you are new and don't know trading values. If I were you, I'd give them the pinks back and keep the holidays you catch for yourself, after all you can't get Halloweens for another year if you trade away those you catch!

I'll send you a couple of reds and pinks for free once I have room for them smile.gif

I am giving her the IOU, she didn't actually ask for some. The other one gave me a Magi and a Red, with more Pinks. They deserve it.

I am giving her the IOU, she didn't actually ask for some. The other one gave me a Magi and a Red, with more Pinks. They deserve it.

And I know trading values, I am not that new and I am not easily scammed.

Also, I am giving the person that gave me the dragons two Halloweens of the same breed.