Chuck1999

Dragon Cave: A Choose Your Own Adventure

Group Decision Poll (Read Latest Post First)  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would really love to join if I'm allowed! smile.gif

Looks like so much fun!

Name: Avery

Age(optional): 21

Gender(optional): Female

Position: Can she be just a traveller? She was the daughter of a knight, but both her parents died when she was around 15 so since then she has been travelling on her own.

If not then princess tongue.gif

Kinsey, a shoemaker's daughter, finally decides to set off on her own in search of a husband. She figured out long ago that there are very little shoemakers around now, so she wants to continue the breed that is the shoemaker. But first, she wants a dragon.

Meanwhile, Selye, a guard, decides that she is somewhat lonely. She can't talk, but she has a way of communicating with dragons and understanding them. She wishes to tell this to Alessia, a dragon tamer who is quickly gaining information on dragons. But she needs a dragon to show Alessia her power.

On the ocean, Avery crash-lands on Dragon Island. She has heard of the island before, and always wanted to come to it. Realizing that she has landed on it, Avery wishes to find an egg.

The three figures have a choice of going to certain places to find dragons:

1. The shore (has somewhat weak dragons, but the best dragons to use for sea travel)

2. The forest (best area for dragons with weird powers, but their scents can make them vulnerable)

3. The desert (has very aggressive dragons who blend in with their surroundings, but the heat makes them naturally mad at even the littlest things)

4. The alpines (weak dragons, but many of them develop icy powers useful in any type of weather)

5. The jungle (very aggressive dragons, but it is hard to gain the trust of any dragon)

6. A mountain area (full of dragons with rocky bodies and sharp minds, but they have a tendency to put their lives before yours)

7. Abandoned eggs site (full of different dragons, best for newcomers, and full of dragon eggs that are useful, or not so useful. Mostly a mixed bag)

Kinsey, Where shall you go?

Selye, where shall you go?

Avery, where shall you go?

Meanwhile, PHill decides to name the other hatchling Nighteye. The dragon seems to like that name, and decides to climb on PHill's shoulder and lay there, completely forgetting his previous master. This leads PHill to make the call that it is probably from a cave, according to the recent Dragon guides that had been released. PHill heads to the castle.

Charles decides to punish the knight.

"I rather leave," The knight says. With that, he goes outside. A few seconds later, Screams erupt outside, causing Charles to rush outside. She sees the knight bleeding, having been stabbed by a..... dark dragon, which somehow wielded twelve swords, then Charles realized it had twelve arms.

"What in the....." Charles said. Suddenly, the dragon began to blow fire at Charles, but a knight pushed her out of the way fast enough before collapsing from heat exposure. Two hatchlings went over to the knight. The rest of the knights were chasing the huge dragon out of the castle, leaving enough time for Charles to pick up the knight and take him inside.

A few minutes later, Charles removed the knight's helmet, and she realized.... it was the same knight from before; she was sure his name was.... PHill?

Charles could see that PHill was burned pretty heavily, and carefully grabbed him and took him upstairs. Charles heard three hatchlings follow her up. Charles carefully laid PHill on a bed, before collapsing on top of PHill due to exhaustion. Charles began to sleep. When she woke up, she was in a different bed, Tulvir licking her face. Suddenly, she head whining. She got up, and saw that PHill's bedroom door had been closed, and that his two hatchlings were wanting in his room. Charles knew that the hatchlings were probably hungry, and decided to get some milk, and three different milk bottles. She pit them on the floor upstairs, before going back to bed. Charles didn't mind having PHill here; in fact, she suddenly wanted to marry him, but she would wait. She laid back down.

Later that day, Charles was woken up by the king.

"WHO IS THAT IN THE OTHER ROOM?!?" The king yelled, instantly waking Charles up. Having been rudely awakened, Charles decided to yell back.

"HE'S ONE OF OUR KNIGHTS, WHO GOT BURNED TRYING TO SAVE MEAN FROM A DARK DRAGON!"

"I WANT HIM OUT!" The king exclaimed.

"NO," Charles yelled. "I WANT YOU OUT! GET OUT AND NEVER COME BACK. I'M TAKING THIS CASTLE OVER. IF YOU DON'T LEAVE...."

"Al..right.... alright.... I get the.... idea..." The king stuttered before getting out. He rushed out, leaving the town.

With this newfound freedom, Charles could do anything to the town she wanted to do. Of course, she was basically the queen now, so she needed a king. PHill seemed like a good fit.

Charles, do you want to make PHill a king?

If she does PHill, do you accept the offer?

Alessia decides to grab an egg from the tree. The egg feels..... hungry.....

Alessia can't tell what breed it is, but can once it hatches. She feels tired, so she goes to sleep under a tree. When she wakes up, she feels a dragon hatchling biting her. She has a hard time telling what species it is, but knows she can tame it. She just needs to name it first.

Alessia figures that the name you give a dragon determines its gender, explaining why there are so many male hatchlings.

Alessia? What shall you name it?

Zee tries to get the boat to shore with the squids coming after her, but she suddenly crashes into a rock, causing her to get knocked unconscious, and sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Then, she wakes up. She is in a beautiful place above land, white and everything, but it is full of dragons.

"Where am I?" Zee asks a dragon.

"At Dragon Cloud City," a dragon tells her. "I rescued you and your hatchlings from the squids, although one of your hatchlings doesn't appear to be doing to so well."

The dragon points to Bat, who looks pale and wet.

"He's so sick, he can't handle any temperatures below fifty," a dragon says.

"Will he be alright?" Zee asks.

"He should be," the dragon tells her. "Now, do you want to stay in this place?"

Zee, do you want to stay in the city, or go back down to the land? If you choose to stay in the city, you'll be staying up there forever basically. The city is as big as the actual land though, so you can still have fun in the cloud city. Will you stay in the cloud city?

1. Yes.

2. No.

Zee, what do you choose?

Reega decides to name the hatchling Westley. The dragon is a male, but the dragon seems rather confused about that, and Reega lost one trust point from the dragon.

Trust points, along with attack points, love points, training points, Growing points, and Companionship points have been integrated. You all start with one hundred points in each category. You gain some for making certain decisions, but that also means that you might lose some for the names you choose for your dragons.

Reega's action left her with ninety-nine trust points. She can gain them back. She is lucky though, because if a hatchling is confused, it may run off, and giving it a name it feels to be awkward can cause it to get confused. Don't worry though; these points don't really affect much, and you only gain them or lose them when making decisions that are pertained to your dragon.

Westley decides to sleep. Reega lands on an island, and is suddenly confronted by pirates. Reega has the option to

1. Fight

2. Scream

3. Surrender to the pirates

4. Sail back

Reega, what shall you choose?

Charles will try to push the responsibility from herself xd.png She'll offer the position of King to Phil

hmmm sure why not i'll take role of king but what about the dragons did they feed themselves? can i feed them?

Hi guys. This is not dead. I'll probably continue this every Friday, Saturday, or Sunday of each week, so don't expect much activity through the rest of the week.

Kinsey and Avery decide to go separate ways. Kinsey heads towards the mountain area, but suddenly it rains hard, causing Kinsey to wait until the morning. When she finally gets to the mountain area, she is shocked; the whole area was crushed by a landslide. Kinsey doesn't see much eggs, and the eggs she does see are the color of the rocks, grey and brown, and in perfect condition somehow. Suddenly, Kinsey hears the squeaks of a hatchling, which sounds like it is in trouble. Kinsey isn't sure she wants to look further, but something is pulling her towards the hatchling. Kinsey hears the hatchling loudly now, almost as if it is next to her. She starts digging, and digs until she sees the poor hatchling. It is a brown color, with fur like a wolf, yet Kinsey can tell it is a dragon. The fur isn't very thick, so the hatchling is shivering. It is dirty, having been buried in dirt, but it seems fairly alright. It hasn't learned to fly yet, and Kinsey thinks that it was left by its parents before the landslide. Kinsey isn't sure if the hatchling is actually alright, but she knows she can ask Alessia. She just needs to name it first.

Kinsey, what shall you name the hatchling?

Holding the hatchling in her arms, Kinsey looks around. She sees eggs that are white, grey, or brown. Kinsey has the option to choose a

1. Brown egg (dragons with egg colors like this will usually be nice towards their master, but they are very weak, and not the smartest, although they can be easily taught)

2. White egg (dragons that hatch from these are still fairly kind, although they go out at night for some reason, and they don't do it to hunt, and these dragons are an average intelligence, and average skills)

3. Grey eggs (dragons that hatch from these have the sharpest minds, but don't trust people whatsoever, and hit hard)

Kinsey, which one do you choose?

Meanwhile, Avery heads to the forest. It is very cold there, and Avery feels that she came at a time where the usual selection of eggs are gone. Avery looks around, and sees eggs that look like tiny moons, and smell like cheese. They appear to form circles, and Avery is sure they are following her. She also notices floating pink eggs in the trees. Avery thinks she might have to call one down, as if they'll understand her. Avery sees tiny icebergs flowing in a stream in front of her. She realizes they are eggs, eggs that are from an icy region. Avery has the option to choose a

1. Moon egg (have a gravitational poll, meaning that they can make objects go in any direction at any speed at any time they wish; they seem very bored, depressed even most of the time, but they do try to care about their masters, making them loyal)

2. Floating Pink egg (has a relation to pigs, and float very high; they are very nice, and will do anything their master wishes, but they are gullible, so they'll do favors for anybody, which can get them into trouble, but they are loyal)

3. Ice egg (A dragon with a very cold and uncaring heart, making them not loyal or kind in any regard, but for some reason, if they see that their master is in trouble, they'll try to help, as if for just a moment, they try to be nice)

Avery, what shall you choose?

Charles decides to make PHill the king, and give up her queenhood. PHill graciously allows her to stay at the castle, although as soon as he can get up, he makes sure the hatchlings are taken care of, even hers, which fascinates Charles.

One day, when Charles notices PHill feeding the dragons, she decides she wants to try to learn more about PHill.

"Why are you so attached to the dragons?" Charles asks.

"Aren't we all," PHill asks her.

"Well, we are," Charles says. "But even I don't constantly worry about the safety of the dragons. Why do you?"

PHill is silent for a couple seconds, before replying.

"I guess it started when I was young," PHill said. "My mother died giving birth to me, so that left me and my father. Unfortunately, I wasn't even a day old when some dark dragons attacked the house. They burned it down. My father tried protecting me, but they slaughtered him. I didn't know what was happening, but somehow I remember that even now."

"I might not be here today if I hadn't been found," PHill continued. "House fires were common where I lived, so nobody thought to check the scene until years later for some houses. Thankfully, I was found by a red dragon. He seemed very kind. I expected him to eat me, but instead he picked me up and took me back to his nest, where his wife was at. She had three eggs she was sitting on. I was raised by the dragons, up until I was thirteen, which was the normal age that boys usually set off on their own at. My adoptive parents wanted the best for me, and knowing that I was fascinated by the idea of knighthood, they managed to get me knighted. But before I was finally out on my own, my adoptive parents told me that if I ever saw a dragon who needed help, I should always help it, even if it is an evil one."

Charles was shocked. PHill was a very kind guy, and Charles could tell he would make a great king.

Zee decides to go back down to the land. She is carefully placed on the land she was wanting to go to, her dragons placed down carefully too. Bat seems really sick, and Zee isn't sure she can carry a sick dragon for a long ways. But she doesn't want it to die either. Zee can either

1. Tell Bat to find another master back on the other island (Recommended; Bat can travel through the water if necessary, and he won't take offense if you need to do this; Bat will surely find another owner, and he'll always remember you for taking care of him)

2. Keep going with Bat (not recommended; Bat knows he is taking up weight, and is honestly afraid of seeing more of other islands than his home island, plus he is sick, so his sickness could get worse)

Zee, what shall you choose?

Alessia decides to name her female hatchling Safari. It really seems to like that name, making it stop biting Alessia and trust her fully, meaning that any decision Alessia makes will not make Safari not trust her, even if it is a somewhat bad decision.

Alessia decides to head back to her house. When she gets there, the lights are out, which is odd at night; her father usually stays up pretty late at night. Alessia hurries in, Safari right behind her. She sees her father laying on the floor. Alessia is stricken with fear; only her father knows all the secrets. Suddenly, he awakens.

"Alessia...." he says weakly. "Take me to the castle. I'll tell you everything....."

Alessia carefully grabs her father and takes him to the castle. The gate is open, but when she reaches the doors, they are closed. Alessia knocks on the door.

Charles hurries to open the door.

"What happened?"

"I.... dddon'ttt know....." Alessia says before she sobs. PHill is at the door.

"Do you want me to take him upstairs?" PHill asks.

"Yes," Charles tells him.

PHill takes the man upstairs, setting him on a bed. PHill is about to leave when the man awakens.

"Don't go.... yet," the man says. "I don't have much time..."

PHill sits down in a chair.

"I.... I need to tell you about dragons, the secrets they have.....," The man says. "Let me... begin. First of all, there are dragons that live in a cloud land above the main ocean. Also, there are some special dragons around, Author Dragons. Finally, the dragons.... they are.... a mix of.... dinosaurs, chickens, and.....w..ww....wwwwolves......"

With that, the man collapsed.

"My daughter...." he said very weakly," "She can't live on her own yet.... she needs some parents..... would you please be her adoptive father?"

"An adoptive father," the daughter asked as she entered the room. "You aren't dead, are you?"

"Alessia...." he said. "I am not dead..... but I am dying. I always wanted to try to show everyone that dragons are not so bad, and although I die with that mission still not completed, with time, I'm sure.... you.... will.... pass on.... my legacy.... until then..... goodbye..... I....."

The father took a last breath and died.

Alessia ran out of the room, wanting to get away from the body.

With everything happening, PHill must decide to

1. Make Alessia his adoptive child (and she'll tell more things about dragons)

2. Give her different adoptive parents (you'll feel really guilty if you do.

This is a decision for both PHill and Charles to make. If both of you choose different things, I'll probably set up a poll to make the decision. What do both of you choose?

Reega decides to sail away from the pirates, but they shoot at her, and her boat sinks. She goes below the water, and finds herself on land.

"Hey," A male voice yells. "Look at that person bobbing in the water."

"I know," another male voice says. "Say miss, do you need help out there?"

The men have.... vests on..... clothing not of the regular time period. They seem to be in the right time, but Reega does not. Suddenly, Westley goes next to her arm, and Reega is concerned for his safety. Reega has the option to

1. Ask for help

2. Swim away

Reega, what do you choose?

Edited by Chuck1999

Make her his adopted child (but not hers. Twelves year olds are often terrible parents)

Charles: "Not live on her own? Pshhh, I can do that now. Eh, PHil, why don't you try parenting?"

I think I'll choose

1. Moon egg (have a gravitational poll, meaning that they can make objects go in any direction at any speed at any time they wish; they seem very bored, depressed even most of the time, but they do try to care about their masters, making them loyal)

Thanks. smile.gif

It was a really hard decision because I love pink ;-; hahaha

Avery chooses a moon egg. It smells like cheese. Avery is afraid it will attract predators, but she is too tired to worry about that. She sleeps under one of the trees. When she wakes up, she feels a hatchling on one of her arms. It feels weightless though. It is yellow, and has a crater-like design on it's skin. It seems cold, which is ironic for a hatchling that looks like the moon, a very cold planet.

Avery, what shall you name the hatchling?

Meanwhile, PHill decides to become Alessia's adoptive parent. Charles doesn't think she'll make a good mother. Then, things start getting crazy. For some bizarre reason, there is supposed to be a party going on that night.

"Why don't we cancel the party?" Charles asks PHill when she finds out about the party from a knight. "Things have been rather hectic lately, and I didn't even sign up for any of this. I didn't expect to ever be in a castle."

"I don't think we should cancel it," PHill says. "Even though we've been busy, we are still the king and queen for the most part, meaning that we need to please the people the best we can. The last thing we need is some questioning of power."

"What are you talking about?" Charles asks PHill, having been intrigued by what PHill said about a "question of power."

"Well," PHill said. "I've been a knight for quite a while, and since you haven't been here for too long, I'll let you in on something: this kingdom is known for constant riots, small wars, even revolutions."

Charles is shocked. She wonders if it was a good idea to come to the island.

"How many riots have happened?" Charles asks.

"Last year, there was one or two riots every month. Kings have been replaced with other kings, half of which didn't know what they were doing, and well, things have been kind of.... gruesome."

"Well," Charles says quietly. "I guess we'll still do the party."

With that, Charles walks outside. She can't believe she found herself at the kingdom with the most wars. She knew it was a bad idea, but she thought she was doing something good by going on an adventure. Now, she was wishing she could go back home.

Suddenly, a figure approaches her.

Charles turns around... and sees Alessia.

"Hey," she says quietly. "I heard what PHill was talking about. It's pretty crazy.

"Yeah," Charles says. "And I found myself almost at the head of it without even trying."

"I honestly think you should go to the dance," Alessia says.

"Are you going?" Charles asks.

"Naw," Alessia says. "I'm not too big on parties, and I need to protect the castle. I'm learning to become a knight. But you could go, and maybe find a friend."

"I guess I could go." Charles says.

With that, Charles goes back inside. She heads up to her room, and starts looking for a decent dress. She isn't ready for any major responsibilities yet, but she knows she should at least look presentable.

The next few hours rush by, and before Charles knows it, it is time for the dance. She hurries off.

PHill opens the doors, and people start rushing in. Alessia sneaks through the crowd so she can guard the entrance outside. She stands up the way knights do, and waits. It's 10:00 PM, and still nothing has happened yet. But Alessia knows that she must stand guard just in case. Suddenly, Alessia notices something. It starts coming towards her, and Alessia feels somewhat freaked out, but she makes sure to stay calm in case it is trouble. The creature comes nearer, it's green eyes becoming bigger and bigger. Suddenly, it comes up to her feet. Alessia looks down. It's a baby dragon, red all over with black spikes. It's white teeth are shining. It looks cold, but the party doesn't end until twelve, so Alessia picks it up and tries her best to keep it warm. She can tell it is sick, and hopes that the party will end soon.

It seems to take forever, but finally the party ends, and people rush out. Alessia hears footsteps go upstairs, and the opening of a door. Charles must be letting out the other hatchlings. The hatchlings were in a room with air ventilation, and had foot and water if necessary. Alessia didn't want to keep the hatchlings in a room, but knew it was for the best; not everyone in town was fond of dragons, and Alessia didn't want to have the dragons get hurt.

Alessia rushes in, and quickly closes the doors. The poor hatchling is cold, and Alessia wants to get it warm quickly, before it gets sicker.

"Who does that hatchling belong to?" Charles asks when she notices Alessia with the hatchling.

"I don't know," Alessia says. "It just came up to my feet outside. It's sick too."

Alessia rushes upstairs, finds and blanket, and covers the hatchling with it. Charles watches.

"So, how did it go," Alessia asks.

"Good," Charles says. "There wasn't really any other twelve-year-olds there."

"That's odd," Alessia says. "I swear I saw at least five of them."

"Uh.... y..yeah...." Charles stammers, sweat pouring down. Alessia notices.

"You didn't go, did you?" Alessia asks, feeling guilty. SHe hadn't meant to put pressure on Charles.

"I didn't..." Charles says. "I get really nervous around crowds of people for some reason. When I saw so many people, I had to run out a back entrance before I went completely nuts and screamed."

"I didn't know," Alessia says.

"I know you didn't," Charles says.

With that, Charles goes outside. The air is cold, but at least its fresh. Suddenly, somebody grabs Charles.

"Let go of me!" She yells.

Charles looks at who grabbed her, and notices it is a boy her age, except he looks reptilian too, almost as if he is half.... dragon.

"Who.... a..a.a.a.are you?" Charles asks, trying her best not to scream.

"The only way you'll find that out is if you follow me," The boy says.

Charles can

1.Follow the boy

2.Nicely decline the offer.

Charles, what do you choose?

Meanwhile, Alessia grabs some medical equipment, and tries her best to see what the temperature of the hatchling is. She also gives it some honey, which is good on dragons stomachs for some reason. The poor hatchling is very sick, but Alessia feels that she can help it, but first she needs to talk to it. Just communicating with it via the mind will not help. It needs to speak to her first. Unfortunately, rarely any dragons communicate their thoughts to humans, and Alessia was about to give up when the dragon started communicating to her.

"Who....a...a...are....y...y...y...you?" It asked weakly.

Alessia can

1. Answer the hatchling.

2. Ignore it.

Alessia, what do you choose?

Suddenly, the front doors to the castle are knocked down by ninjas. PHill has confronted one before, but he now knows that he shouldn't capture them, which leaves him with some different options. He can

1. Attack the ninjas(there is a lot of them, so he might want to choose something else)

2. Try driving them out with something (a fog maker, perhaps)

PHill, what do you choose?

Reega asks for help, but makes sure to try to hide Westley. But the hatchling won't cooperate with Reega, and decides to stay above the water. Reega is rescued, but she is nervous what the people will think of Westley.

"Alright Miss," a person says. "I hate to be the one to address this to you, but you appear to have somehow traveled to the future, which would explain your clothing, and your pet.... dragon?"

The person seems confused by Westley, as if dragons have never existed.

"Well, no matter," the person says. "Welcome aboard the cruise ship Moddom. We are what you call sailors. I need to make a quick call really quickly. You just sit down, and some of my buddies will get you some dry clothing."

With that, the "sailor" walks away. Reega sits down. She sees the sailor go to a phone only a couple feet away from her.

"Captain," the sailor says. "We rescued that person who was stranded in the water. Apparently, she's from a different time period, and she has a pet dragon with her."

Reega slightly cringes as the sailor mentions Westley, who is freaked out at all the people.

"Nobody's interested in her?" The sailor asks, shocked. "I... didn't realize there were millions of cases like hers. So she can have a normal life.... alright.... the others should come back with some clothes soon.... alright, I'll tell her that.... bye."

The sailor walks back to Reega.

"It looks like you will be able to live a normal life," the sailor tells her. "Apparently, your case is just one in a vast majority of cases like yours. It seems like dragons are a common thing now."

"What year is this?" Reega asks.

"It's 2020, mam."

Reega sits back in her chair. She is shocked. She doesn't know how to react. She feels somewhat scared as to what to do. She doesn't know if she wants to leave the cruise ship, but she might have too.

She can

1. Stay on the cruise ship

2. Leave once it docks, whenever that happens.

Reega, what do you choose?

Kinsey decides to name her hatchling Lupa. It doesn't know what to think of the name, but it accepts it. Kinsey has chosen an ok name for the hatchling. Kinsey also picks up a white egg. Suddenly, she feels tired, and decides to sleep. When she wakes up, she feels something cold next to her arm. She looks at her arm, and sees a hatchling. It is white all over, with a snowflake pattern on it. It is shivering for some reason.

Kinsey, what shall you name it?

The second hatchling I'll name Elsa because snowflakes. Or Kristoff if it's a boy. *shot x1000* XD

I'll have Charles follow the guy. Curious natures are hard to beat : P

i want them out and even if i was a knight there are too many so i'll drive them away choice 2