Stellaluna22

What do you like to breed?

What do you like to breed?

A specific lineage, a specific breed of dragon only, or for the fun of it, etc.

What do you enjoy breeding, and why?

I enjoy breeding even gens and purebreds! I breed my Silvers, golds, and xenowyrms weekly and I send them to the Departures thread or to the AP!

I love everything about tinsels.

I breed them asap every time and usually gift them smile.gif

edit: I usually prefer stairstep tinsels, but spirals are really cool too!

Edited by DragoonEagle

I like to breed checkers. I pick a sprite I want to build a lineage with and make a mockup of every possible combination before deciding on its mate. Takes a while, but it's an easy way to avoid being stumped about what to put together.

Stripes. So much fun.

YEESSSSS! biggrin.gif I love how they always give a random colour! Its kind of why I hoard stripes now! All the multicoloured children >;D

I like breeding EG patterns, especially with Royal Crimsons, Marrows or Frills. My favorite pattern at this point is one built of Reds and Marrows, Adiama Phoenix D'Marrow. I need to breed a mate for her, but it's going to take a while. I do have a few nice building blocks toward a future mate, http://dragcave.net/lineage/4t0NS, http://dragcave.net/lineage/95CMr and http://dragcave.net/lineage/sHWfU. I'll be looking for unrelated Marrows at Halloween.

I don't do as much as I'd like at this point, just because I am still trying to collect all of the CBs of different breeds toward completing my current scroll goals, as well as trying to be sure I have compatible CBs to breed PB EGs, bringing all my Seasonal patterns current and trying to get my various holiday patterns caught up. The 7/21 limit really does severely limit what I'm able to work on at any time.

Seriously, I think we should receive 8/24 egg slots for every 1000 dragons that we own. Then I could breed in peace, while still getting the new releases I need for my scroll goals, as well as random AP and gift breeding. xd.png

I also have two gold dragons from holiday checkers, and they'd be perfect mates! They didn't refuse, whew. Hoping they'll give me a gold next time.

Normally stuff I believe or have found that people get excited about receiving, often forum gifting threads, but also AP finds.

I like to breed even gens (usually checkers because it doesn't require much thought or planning) and spirals, although I'm thinking of branching out. My most favorite is breeding holiday checkers. On the one hand, it's frustrating you can only build them once a year but on the other hand it keeps me focused and I like always knowing exactly which breed I'm going to get! I seem to lose patience and interest when working on my common checkers and my projects stall.

I *love* breeding checkers, and I love even more breeding different Checkers with each other. They make such pretty lineages.

When I'm not breeding checkers, I'm usually breeding 5th gen even gens for the lineage I'm part of. I also like to breed some of the useful BSA dragons like Reds and Pinks, heh.

I'm also kind of in the middle of trying to breed a purebred Shadow Walker lineage, though it's admittedly a touch frustrating since I can only breed them once a year xd.png But it's still coming along pretty well. I'll be happy when it's done, though.

I love breeding all my dragons. whether its continuing lineages or creating new ones. Stairstep, checker, spiral, I love most of the breeding patterns too. I especially love breeding my rare dragons. Golds, Silvers, Trios, Blusangs, GoN's, Prizes. Most of the time I gift them to threads or the AP, other times I'll surprise someone who has been having trouble with a certain type. If I have something they need I'll breed and gift it to them.

I also love breeding any of my dragons with alts in the lineage or frills. Some of them I'll keep to continue the linage, other times I gift them in the departures thread. Breeding dragons is one of the best parts about this site in my opinion. It's what makes it fun. happy.gif

Once or Twice a month I'll even do a mass breed on my scroll where I breed everything I can, keeping a few and gifting the rest to the AP.

Edited by Syiren

I like breeding even gens, mostly checkers or PBs but also a pattern I don't know a name for, where all dragons are one breed except for the "top row" like here. I also love breeding monochrome 6th gen two-breed arrowheads like this one.

Mostly I breed Lovely Commons though (basically it's two mirroring 3rd gen checkers made with three common breeds).

i normally like CBs better but i will breed for trading

i normally collect lineages to breed and trade (which is why i try to neglect to get CB golds i wont be keeping them any time soon)

silvers. I did a huge massbreed from my scroll today, three tinsels and two silvers are going to be picked up by some lucky AP hunter eventually. wink.gif

I love that moment when I breed a Xenowyrm I have with a non-xenowyrm breed, and get a totally different xeno egg tongue.gif I bred two of them so far, a Chronos from a forest Black father x Thalassa mother, and a Mageia from a desert pink father x Thalassa mother.

I breed waters for my Water Army if there aren't any in the AP or Coast.

I like to breed my Blusangs since I almost never see any in the AP, and its just nice to know they're out there. Other than at, I breed any other type of dragon which I don't usually see in the AP, (e.g. Purple Two-headed Lindwurms, Drakes, Tinsels, etc.)

I love that moment when I breed a Xenowyrm I have with a non-xenowyrm breed, and get a totally different xeno egg tongue.gif I bred two of them so far, a Chronos from a forest Black father x Thalassa mother, and a Mageia from a desert pink father x Thalassa mother.

THIS!

I LOVE breeding PB Xenos and getting a totally new egg!

I like breeding my shiny and rare dragons to gift their nice offspring to other people, I've received a lot of gifts during my time here and feel it's only fair to give back smile.gif I rarely breed for my own use, they're either gifts, trading fodder or IOUs happy.gif

i like breeding them and sending the eggs to the ap

like my gold wyverns and stuff that way others can grab em if they like