Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

3 hours ago, LostinEcho said:

But I was really omg when traded Zxxz for silver , I was absolutely shocked 

As Lagie says, we don't all trade stuff like that for them. In fact, I usually laugh when I see someone asking high prices for them. I mean, they aren't really rare. But each situation is different. Don't expect that to be a regular thing, though. ;)

15 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Some of us are members of the Z project. We must have all the z's! XD

We collect them and name them Z"____ and love them and some of us try to breed them and build lineages that are pure Z-codes, like this.

But when u gave them a name u don’t linger see the code , right? Guys,thank u for answering ! now I’m not so disappoint what I took and asked only silver neither take on world lol 😆 I mean, not cb gold and strat and everything for my unique Z …. Thought I’m not greedy 😅 but who knows ….

im sorry for my English , shame on me, hope ull understand :)))))

And I was absolutely sure that “all number” code is much more valuable and unique also wondering why someone need it :))) now I seee

Edited by LostinEcho

3 minutes ago, LostinEcho said:

But when u gave them a name u don’t linger see the code , right?

Right. Mostly. ;) You can sometimes use the code in the name.

Here are mine.

Eggs are worth what people are willing to offer. Happy collecting!

So sometimes on the AP I catch 4 day old hatchlings. (Woo) Most of them are black dragons though, why is this the case? Are people just being nice? And similarly I find a lot of uncommon CB eggs of one nature, like Nebula. Is there some sort of project going on? Is it just some Nebula loving stranger spreading their love for their dragons? 

If the blacks are bred, it's likely that somebody was trying for alts which are only available as bred dragons.

As for others...  It may simply be a case of somebody grabbing eggs they don't want then dumping them to the AP.  They may grab several eggs they don't want in order to try and see if an egg they do want will show up, then after 5 hours ditch the others.  If they're hunting for something specific they're likely spending a lot of time in one biome so it's likely they're dumping the same eggs repeatedly.

Some people do, however, grab uncommons and such to dump to the AP as a treat for those who hunt there!

(And especially around new releases or holidays people may be quickly trying to clear their scroll to make room for new things)

Hello, guys ! I have a question! I caught 2 amarignis dragons, why can’t I have more amarignis? When I tried to trade for more I see the massage about limit on this breed or smth like that ! But it’s not a new val dragon of this year ….

Christmas and Valentine eggs you can only ever have two caveborns of any of the breeds. Hallowe'en you can have as many as you can catch.

I'm trying to do a personal lineage project, and I would like to post in the forums for some assistance. When I went to the breeding forum, there were lots of rules and formats to follow. I don't think my personal project meets the guidelines, and I don't want my post to be labelled as spam. I have been attempting to trade for them without much luck.

Where on the forum could I ask for some help with my project?

You could start by asking for general advice here:

which will help you from then onwards ! It's been quiet for a long time, but is still worth a shot.

OR - go here, say what you are trying to do and ask how to continue.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

3 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Christmas and Valentine eggs you can only ever have two caveborns of any of the breeds. Hallowe'en you can have as many as you can catch.

Ah I see now, thank u ☺️ 

I could not find a discussion of short time rescues from the AP, so I apologize if there is a better thread.

I see that as Valentine's gets the AP super crowded, there are a number of very very short time eggs; such as "1 day 9 hours"; and I am wondering how successful I could be in attempting to rescue/hatch them. I have picked up other "short timers" (mostly 2-3 days) and they did okay, and all of once I managed to get a hatchling (no idea it it was abandoned, or somehow hatched in the - I guess that's another question to ask).

So how short or what is the cutoff before it's "don't bother, that egg is going to die, you don't have a chance with it" I get that there would be a range, and I'm suspecting that under a day would be seriously problematic, but I couldn't find a discussion elsewhere.

I've rescued eggs with less than a day in my time. The LOWEST I have warded (I think you can't - how many whites have you ?) blitzed them till they have a fair number of views and then hidden them for a bit...

The one I just grabbed with 1 day 8 hours left is / will be my sole white...if successfully surviving.

I've been alternating between ER x 3 sites and then brief episodes of fogging.

Well - worst case they die; as long as they do so "naturally" they don't take a slot !

39 minutes ago, newtinmpls said:

The one I just grabbed with 1 day 8 hours left is / will be my sole white...if successfully surviving.

I've been alternating between ER x 3 sites and then brief episodes of fogging.

Don't worry about fogging. It's not how fast they gain views that makes em sick, but how soon in life, and these eggs are older than many newly-grown adult dragons. There's no way they're getting sick. 

Once they're this low they'll hatch in a few hours at worst, frequently a few minutes at fastest, if you add in multiple hatcheries. The timespan of "hopeless case" is usually under just 1 hour left or less so long as you use many hatcheries, so there are nearly never any hopeless cases!

Edited by Shadowdrake

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Don't worry about fogging. It's not how fast they gain views that makes em sick, but how soon in life, and these eggs are older than many newly-grown adult dragons.

It took my brain a bit to sort that sentence out - thank you!

I will say the last three "short time" eggs I scooped up all promptly got ill after hatching, but with judicious fogging everyone is fine now.

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I've rescued eggs with less than a day in my time. The LOWEST I have warded (I think you can't - how many whites have you ?) blitzed them till they have a fair number of views and then hidden them for a bit...

Aha now I have some tentative name ideas for my eventually-to-be-a-group white "urgent care" dragons.

5 minutes ago, newtinmpls said:

It took my brain a bit to sort that sentence out - thank you!

I will say the last three "short time" eggs I scooped up all promptly got ill after hatching, but with judicious fogging everyone is fine now.

They may become ill as hatchlings, true--but hatchlings are definitely a whole lot harder to kill with sickness so if it happens odds are they'll be just fine even if you don't fog 'em, unless they gain mega high views.

I've had some that spent days sick (I didn't fog them at a) reaching over 10k total views, and grew up just fine.

It's something to be cautious about, but they're likely to all be perfectly fine once they hatch.

I will say, though, this is a fantastic time to build up dragons so long as you leave enough space for the new releases coming on the 14th!  Holidays usually do this and it can last for quite a long time so it's definitely the fastest time of year to grow dragons.

33 minutes ago, newtinmpls said:

May I ask whether they were regular or event eggs? Because I took a glance at your scroll and all your regular hatchies have rather low views, so I can't see them getting sick.

(If you're curious to test sickness rates yourself, I recommend picking up a low-time sunrise egg and trying to hatch it from 12-6 am or pm, when it can't hatch, and see how long or how many views it takes to get sick. It's how I personally determined that sickness doesn't hurt aged things.)

Good question.

In the few days before the event I went a bit wild getting eggs from the AP the were not CB and they would not have been event eggs. The first one I caught had a yellow warning. Fogged it and it was fine. The next two I caught by checking in the middle of the night. Both were giving the red danger sign and took longer to recover. I think they might have just hatched and were still on high view in the hatchling sites.

11 hours ago, newtinmpls said:

Both were giving the red danger sign and took longer to recover

There can be a red danger sign on sick eggs/hatchlings? I didn't even know that was a thing

I feel a bit silly, but can someone help me figure out how to play this new Valentine's Day game?

I am on an iPad and I cannot figure out how to throw the candy. I see a left and right arrow and I see a red button.

ETA: It says to press Space or Enter to throw candy, but I can press neither, since I am on an iPad. I don't see any other choices listed.

Edited by missy_

1 hour ago, missy_ said:

I feel a bit silly, but can someone help me figure out how to play this new Valentine's Day game?

I am on an iPad and I cannot figure out how to throw the candy. I see a left and right arrow and I see a red button.

ETA: It says to press Space or Enter to throw candy, but I can press neither, since I am on an iPad. I don't see any other choices listed.

Tap the left and right arrows to move around obstacles, and the red button to throw candy.  That should work, if not then it might be a bug.

3 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

There can be a red danger sign on sick eggs/hatchlings? I didn't even know that was a thing

There's a red low time warning on some fan sites - silvi's, for one.

10 hours ago, Chaos Rider said:

Yup, it's just like the yellow triangle, only red and seeing it at 3am is not the best introduction. Actually looking on some of the sites today I see some of the eggs and hatchies highlighted in red - I have to guess that the site is picking up that there is trouble afoot. 

Happy to say that so far I have caught and fogged in time, and things are going well. 

Okay - back to my other question: is there a "time left" where I really don't have a chance and shouldn't bother? 

Yesterday I took a "24 hours left" and put it in 3 sites and it hatched in about an hour. I was shocked, but happy. Doing okay so far as a hatchie, but I'm being gentle now. 

Edited by newtinmpls
Clarity

12 minutes ago, newtinmpls said:

Actually looking on some of the sites today I see some of the eggs and hatchies highlighted in red - I have to guess that the site is picking up that there is trouble afoot. 

It indicates long-time eggs/hatchies on the sites that do that