Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

4 minutes ago, Chaos Rider said:

Anyone else getting errors when they try to change the sort order of groups?

Yep, I've been seeing it since like three hours ago. Asked in site help on discord but no one had responded, so I guess it's another one of those temporary bug

Before I do something I will regret - Sapphires only turn pink when ABANDONED, right ? Not when teleported ?

2 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Before I do something I will regret - Sapphires only turn pink when ABANDONED, right ? Not when teleported ?

They have to be abandoned by you. Auto-abandoning keeps them blue. Teleport doesn't change their color. 

Edited by Jazeki

Thanks ! I have a pretty one I was about to offer for trade, but not if it would turn !.

I've forgotten once again, I am so sorry - can we have stuff from the AP for this month raffle task? It must me CB, am I right? (Raise 0/3 adult dragons from the Coast)

10 minutes ago, DarkellaLord said:

I've forgotten once again, I am so sorry - can we have stuff from the AP for this month raffle task? It must me CB, am I right? (Raise 0/3 adult dragons from the Coast)

If you manage to find a caveborn egg that was taken from the coast before being dumped in the AP, yes it should count. 

Is there any way to choose which Zyumorphs to use for a summoning?

Sadly, no. :(

I can't get it to pick the males I have, so all my Sinos but one are female.

3 hours ago, 0x08 said:

Is there any way to choose which Zyumorphs to use for a summoning?

It seems to choose whichever oldest ones are available (aside from the one you start the BSA with).

random question, is there any way to type out the shards symbol? (the market currency)

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

random question, is there any way to type out the shards symbol? (the market currency)

I did a search and came up with nothing, only similar images but no text symbol. So it was probably designed and included on the code of the page so it isn't really a text symbol. Like the bell and the moon and the sun. I found several similar stock images online.

Interestingly it doesn't save as an image; I wonder if TJ created it as a button symbol - I think he uses a Mac, which lets you do that.... You simply cannot copy it from this page !

If you look through the site's assets via Inspect Element you can find a typeface that handles symbols across Dragon Cave. These symbols include:

• sunrise/sunset (sun crossing horizon)
  • night (moon) / day (sun)
  • bell (outline) / bell (filled)
  • frozen (snowflake)
  • checkmark / cross
  • female / male
  • shards

Specific letters in the font will make specific symbols show up.

I did look for that and must have missed it - what was the name of the typeface ?

ETA I STILL only see Times New Roman and "DCS"

Edited by Fuzzbucket

17 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

ETA I STILL only see Times New Roman and "DCS"

DCS is what you're looking for. My guess is that it stands for Dragon Cave Symbols!

Very likely right - in which case - as I said - he created his own.

On another issue entirely - I use grid sort. Just since yesterday, holding down ctrl and trying to move several at once keeps dropping them, or dropping all but the last one I pick and putting that one into a different slot - basically, it's being really awkward. Yes I can move one at a time - but - "Is it just me ?"

I have noticed that the instant you release your finger from the mouse button it drops all but one of the dragons you are trying to move. That is a change from the way it has always worked before.

Edited by purplehaze

It's infuriating but thanks - I thought it might be my (cheap) mouse !

I’ve been having issues with grid sort as well, more so on mobile. It appears to be fixed now but previously when I went to move my dragons, I couldn’t simply click and drag the image, I had to click the code below it which was rather finicky. However, when moving dragons around still, the image as I move eggs/hatchlings displays an egg from a different breed or it replaces an adult dragon with an egg (if that makes sense, I’m not sure if I’m able to get a screenshot of what I’m experiencing).

18 hours ago, Moriaty said:

The shards symbol, as people have pointed out, is custom to Dragon Cave. However, it is available as an emote here on the forums (:shards:) and on the official Dragon Cave Discord.

1 minute ago, TJ09 said:

However, it is available as an emote here on the forums (:shards:) and on the official Dragon Cave Discord.

Oh! That's nice to know! Thank you!