Zen_Cross

ZC My DC

The boob shadow on this one looks a bit odd and it would be better if it was omitted, in my opinion. But as long as the person commissioning it is happy about it, that's good!

Well it was a really quick one, I told the guy that I will stop if I deem the art too much for the price I was given. Since 2 things came into account; time and effort.

However, this one is gorgeous. Too pretty.

Thanks, the latter drawing would be the highest I've gone in my style. I'm still trying to go far deeper and probably start doing backgrounds. This is my style if given the time to finish the drawing and references. Hopefully I get some commissions since it's been 3 weeks and only got one.

Edited by Zen_Cross

Going to open myself for art trades temporarily (due to lack of commissions). If anyone is interested you can either send a PM here or at my dA. Chances are I might see it more on DeviantArt.

Edited by Zen_Cross

I like the definition on the Christmas girl drawing but, if the material is tight enough to show details of the stomach, then her breasts should be pressed flatter than what you drew them as. It could just be the angle but her thighs/hips also look as if they're dislocated/completely out of the joint sockets of the pelvis. I'd suggest drawing the thighs thinner, especially around the hip area.

The robot (Gundam :3) is also pretty decent but it's rather noticeable that you don't seem to color metal very often because you used the wrong type of brush for the highlights and shades. A soft brush is not the way to go for details on metal objects.

It was a good attempt though!

Edited by Narvix

I like the definition on the Christmas girl drawing but, if the material is tight enough to show details of the stomach, then her breasts should be pressed flatter than what you drew them as. It could just be the angle but her thighs/hips also look as if they're dislocated/completely out of the joint sockets of the pelvis. I'd suggest drawing the thighs thinner, especially around the hip area.

The robot (Gundam :3) is also pretty decent but it's rather noticeable that you don't seem to color metal very often because you used the wrong type of brush for the highlights and shades. A soft brush is not the way to go for details on metal objects.

It was a good attempt though!

The Santa girl's material isn't tight at same time is it's as loose. It's hard to explain but it is a combination I have imagined through clothing I've actually met in real life like a glass case and synthetic silky clothes that were stretchable. Though I don't plan to change the thickness of the thighs since I do have my own art style I'm pursuing, the dislocation is minimal but since you saw it means I still have some things to improve on.

The Santa Gundam was definitely rushed by me, I had 2 hours left before it was almost Christmas in my friend's area (only the head and one arm was complete by that time) so I had to cut back corners which is obvious through the shading and the artist cheap tricks I pulled with the shield. wink.gif

Good analysis btw, you have really good eyes when it come to proportions and intuition of what the artist is thinking.

Edited by Zen_Cross

Ooh, that's nice! As someone who's trying to learn how to draw and render backgrounds myself (architecture school lol), I was wondering if you used a reference image? Looks like you used a perspective grid/tool too, am I wrong?

I used a reference picture yeah, this place actually exist in Vancouver. For the perspective I plan it ahead and use Unity3D to render the blocks. Unity3D program also has depth of focus but havent tried that yet.

Edited by Zen_Cross

I'll have to say that the physics don't work out. By the motion of the hair and boobs, it looks like she's bending over backwards with some force as if dodging a bullet, but that doesn't work out with the placement of the rope relative to her boobs. Her boobs would have struck the rope before they even got under. The breasts don't seem to connect to her chest in the right place, either (definitely noticeable in the nude version) -- currently she looks like she has two pomelos stuffed down her custom "tight-loose" material shirt.

Additionally, like a lot of your previous action poses, the near hip seems to be dislocated.

You're a good artist, ZC, but your busty babes still need work -- which is a shame because I quite like your rare flat-chested girls. Here's some advice on how to draw breasts.

I'll have to say that the physics don't work out. By the motion of the hair and boobs, it looks like she's bending over backwards with some force as if dodging a bullet, but that doesn't work out with the placement of the rope relative to her boobs. Her boobs would have struck the rope before they even got under. The breasts don't seem to connect to her chest in the right place, either (definitely noticeable in the nude version) -- currently she looks like she has two pomelos stuffed down her custom "tight-loose" material shirt.

Additionally, like a lot of your previous action poses, the near hip seems to be dislocated.

You're a good artist, ZC, but your busty babes still need work -- which is a shame because I quite like your rare flat-chested girls. Here's some advice on how to draw breasts.

Gonna bookmark that link reference since it's a good one. Nice to have someone make some feedback to my work.

It's difficult with really extreme angles, I could tell you though that sometimes you need to get the manga perspective which is achieved through exaggeration.

Also the breast has a reason for being like that, I can't explain it but it involves physics which I prefer someone else to say it for me.

wink.gif

What physics are you talking about? The only physics I know is real world physics where the breasts behave the way they should. Your response (and general artwork) comes off as very disrespectful to the female sex (or the body of) and grossly perverted.

Edited by Narvix